Salomon Rondon Reveals His Other Side – He Has A Heart Of Gold

Newcastle United striker Salomon Rondon had an emotional experience in his career when he was involved in a freak incident with Everton midfielder James McCarthy back in January when he was playing for West Brom.

Rondon was running behind McCarthy in the game when Salomon attempted to kick the ball – but he caught the back of McCarthy’s leg and it turned out to be a terrible leg fracture for the Republic of Ireland International.

He was out of the game for a full 10 months and he has just returned to training.

The gruesome incident as it happened – James McCarthy’s lower right leg is broken

When Rondon saw the extent of the injury he couldn’t keep his emotions intact and started to cry openly on the pitch.

For Newcastle manager Alan Pardew was the West Brom manager at the time and Alan consoled the Venezuelan International.

Rondon went out of his way to give support and sympathy to James McCarthy and visited the midfielder in hospital.

To say that Rondon has a heart of gold is an understatement and the appreciative Everton fans have praised the 29-year-old for the compassion he showed.

In an interview with Telemundo, he was recalling the event and became emotional as tears start to stream down his face.

This is what the Newcastle number 9 said:

“Life played me a bad turn because I was the one who experienced it.”

“I’m crying because, apart from the fact that he’s a fellow professional, it was an injury that I actually felt when it happened.”

“I’ll never forget it – it was tough.”

“Thanks to God, I didn’t need the help of a psychologist because my family were there for me, but it’s something that I never wanted to experience.”

“In all of my naivety, I apologized to him, but it was totally unintentional.”

I didn’t want it to happen and didn’t think it would ever happen.”

Rondon will become a huge fan favorite if he continues to play like he did at home to Bournemouth.

And as well as being a tough and talented striker up front for Newcastle – as we said earlier – he has a heart of gold.

Good for him!!

• Nostra Magpie

Nov 21, 2018 at 3:37 PM

With hopefully Ritchie and Kenedy knocking in crosses Burnley defenders will see a different threat from our strikers this year. If memory serves me we drew and lost to Burnley last year but I’m sure they are looking now at a much different strike force. God I hope we get another Shearer like bullet header from Ronnie, I’m actually taking the day off work on Monday to watch the match, so we better damn win.

Rafa let’s the lads know I’m taking the day off that should motivate them.

• Tsunki

Nov 21, 2018 at 3:38 PM

Jibs real tetchy these days. OK, tetchy – er then. His little bottom must be still pink from the smacking he got the other day for telling porkies. Tsk. Tsk. 🙂

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Nov 21, 2018 at 3:39 PM

Both games last season Burnley were poor and we should have taken at least a draw away and had enough chances to win at home ( Joselu missed penalty!)

My main worry is at left back Burnley will no doubt be putting pressure on who plays there if Dummett is not fit

Nov 21, 2018 at 3:58 PM

LoL JIB

Just keeping the fans informed

Nice bit of PR from KBA isn’t it

It’s never MAs fault

Nov 21, 2018 at 3:59 PM

Wonder who we pretend to try and buy this January?

• Jib

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:02 PM

Gawd
    I wish I did have a little bottom
    rather than the hairy spotty monstrosity
    dangling out the back of my Yfronts

• bettyswallocks

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:04 PM

Tsunki………. Jib was indeed caught bang to right’s telling porkies but he has since apologised and explained that he wasn’t really lying just footin around with the truth. I don’t know for the life of me why he needs to lie when the truth’ll do. Nowt as queer as folk.

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:14 PM

” that he wasn’t really lying just footin around with the truth”

Sounds like its from the mouth of MA

Hehehehehe

Hiya KBA

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:15 PM

• Munster Mag

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:15 PM

Jeez some guys on here are sensitive. I havent been sly at all about rafa. I think he’s very good and beyond our normal level (except for Bobby) but if I point out bad signings all hell breaks loose. OK, if I credit him for signing Fernández and schar, do I get fair acknowledgement? The only reason I said he had small hands and a glove thing was to prove I had managed to meet him in Ireland. Rotunda I’d have expected more thoughtful input from you. I’ve heard it all from the jailbird and his sidekick and it’s water off a ducks back. Do I think rafa is past it? Nope. Do i want ó Néill. Hell ya (joke). Do I think rafa was over defensive at times? Yes. Can we say he has bought some duds? I don’t see why not. He is doing well on crap funds. Do I think he is adaptable enough to play 3 at back? I’m not sure. Get over yourselves lads, this isnt taliban no debate territory. Jib fair play to you for seeing through the noise.

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:17 PM

Rafa Benitez has also made clear that he sees investment in the failing Academy as also essential going forward, as well as the state of the art training complex promised over five years ago by Mike Ashley, to replace the sub-standard current set up.

Mick Quinn thinks Rafa Benitez will decide to stay at Newcastle beyond this season BUT only if he gets the backing from the owner that has been missing so far.

Quinny isn’t putting putting any money on this actually happening though.

Looking at the form so far, it looks a near impossibility, with Ashley and his people reinforcing this view even since the season kicked off.

The £20m+ profit on transfer deals insisted on by Mike Ashley in the summer speaks for itself, As of course does the fact the owner then took a so far unspecified amount of money out of the club after the transfer window ended.

As for investment in the Academy… the recent Fans Forum minutes saw the club make clear that they didn’t see proper investment being made to turn it around, due to there being no guarantees of it producing first team players.

As for the new training complex promised over five years ago, the club made clear that wouldn’t be happening any time soon.

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:18 PM

I havent been sly at all about Rafa

LoL

MA tinted glasses

Hehehehehe

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:19 PM

Jib fair play to you for seeing through the noise.

Just ordinary fans and thier opinons,they just dont mind MA ransacking the club one bit,and seem to blame Rafa for it

Hiya KBA

• Asi Fish

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:20 PM

People being shocked that we are discussing loan deals instead of buying players.
    No one really interested in incomings during transfer windows anymore but scared of outgoings.
    No one believing any of the news to do with NUFC anymore – player links, takeover talk, possible budgets etc…
    No real belief that we can win our games – even at two goals up!
    Rafa papering over some of the cracks by managing to get wins with what he has available.
    Said wins possibly reducing any transfer window pot that may have been there?
    Some supporters hoping for a swan dive through the leagues to rid ourselves of Ashley.
    Everyone believes that Ashley is going nowhere anyway.
    Thinking that anybody on the blog could be on MA’s payroll or a bloody computer programme!!!

Welcome to what he has done to our club.

I can’t stop supporting the Toon and a little hope always exists that things will change & get better – that is where he has me!!! The love and the hope will always be manipulated and I am a fool to let him.

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:21 PM

JIB has displayed on an almost weekly basis hes is a horrible person with some vile views
    And although he claims otherwise is very pro MA

But hey its juts normal for any toon fan to love the guy who is currently gutting the club for his own amusement/wealth

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:24 PM

£63million, eight loans and three free agents: The striker signings of the Mike Ashley era

Newcastle have spent around £63million on transfer fees and many millions more on loans and fees.

But of the 22 front-line forwards signed in the Mike Ashley era, more than half have been failures as Newcastle have tried to plug their striker gap on the cheap.

Wheres the money gone ??
    Total mystery

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:25 PM

But hes selling the club,honest

It is now a year and a day since Sky Sports brought us the news that ‘Amanda Staveley has tabled a formal takeover bid for Newcastle United Football Club in the region of £300m and they hope to get exclusivity on talks this week.’

It all seems like a dream now, a really bad dream.

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:26 PM

But we are supposed to just ignore the last 11 years and believe thats somehow hes changed

He is a colossal liar

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:30 PM

Munster
    You do realise that if you even hint at a critcism of Rafa or give the tiniest shred of praise to he should not be mentioned, then you are are shill and not worthy of even being considered as a lifeform as high as pondlife.

And you will have the witchhunter general and his acolytes straight onto your case.

Just be yourself mate and ignore the inquisitors.

It really aint worth getting het up about.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:30 PM

Hiya Vladimir

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:33 PM

So on average under MA we spend about £3 million per forward,if not for free

Were going to struggle getting strikers from the 3rd division for that

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:33 PM

Hiya KBA

Lets juts ignore MA pillaging the club and go on about how its Rafa fault

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:34 PM

Who do you think we will get on a free/loan or for about 3 million up front this transfer window ?

• bettyswallocks

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:35 PM

Toon22@18…………. Who do you mean Jib or Ashley?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:37 PM

We have two games on Monday night, the U23s are playing Stoke at home in the PL2.

I assume the 1st team are on Sky but will NUFC TV be showing the U23s.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:40 PM

Who’s ignoring the way Ashley is messing up the club, I doubt if there’s anyone who contributes to this blog that doesn’t agree that he is.

It’s like a bleeding stuck record.

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:48 PM

bettyswallocks @24

Take your pick

LoL

• Tsunki

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:08 PM

I used to have a sidekick, now I am one. My careers going slowly down the pan. I’ll be doing “Golden Years” revival tours with Belfast next. 🙁

Sigh.

• bettyswallocks

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:16 PM

Tsunki……….. You could always become founder member of the Kathmandu vinyl records and ham radio appreciation society. Jail will agree to become patron I’m sure and Jib is available to install any satellite equipment if needed.

• Genjikai

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:17 PM

Asifish @ 14.
    Welcome to what he has done to our club.

Spot on that mate.

• Genjikai

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:22 PM

EGB
    What praise should go ashleys way?

• Jib

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:28 PM

“toon22
    JIB has displayed on an almost weekly basis
    hes is a horrible person with some vile views”

almost weekly you twat !!!!!

hourly I would have thought

at least daily ffs

😛

• martoon

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:29 PM

I generally get along with most on this blog so I’m not looking for a spat. However I have to say I don’t see where Munster has said anything so bad. He’s just pointed out what in his opinion are some mistakes that Rafa had made. I’ve never seen him calling for his head (like some others) and surely this is the point of this blog to discuss all things nufc good and bad.
    I love Rafa but sometimes criticise him especially his substitutions which normally drive me mad!

• Jib

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:31 PM

Hiya Vladimir

ha ha ha ha

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:36 PM

JIB

Hiya JEFF

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:37 PM

Just an ordinary fan and his average views?

Or

KBA ?

Its never MAs fault

• Jib

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:39 PM

I don’t regard being called Jeff an insult
    I’ve looked at his posts and he knew his footy
    and posted good stuff about it.
    Still waiting for the frog to post anything about football

• Tsunki

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:42 PM

Martoon not even the relentless digging of Benitez that started in the last relegation season? Munster dies have appointments about some of his purchases though.

That Vauxhall Chevette he bought in 1986 was a dud all right. And those Charles & Diana coins. And don’t get me started on the Sodastream debacle! Truly awful buys.

Really nice bloke though, for a man with child’s hands.

🙂

• Tsunki

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:43 PM

Dies have appointments? Oo-er that sounds ominous ha ha