Confidence Still There – But Newcastle Face A Reality Check At Everton

Newcastle did really well in November to win all three of our Premier League games, and it should be a cast-iron certainty that Rafa will win Mange of the Month.

He has so far won six Premier League Manager of the Month awards, and he won one down for the Championship two years ago.

Now that things didn’t go as planned last Saturday in our 3-0 defeat to a skillful West Ham side at home, it will be a big test, and a reality check tomorrow night at Goodison Park.

Rafa will be hoping the team can come away with something from Everton tomorrow night, but it’s going to be a tough game.

Newcastle made too many mistakes at the back and up front, and hopefully, we can cut those out for our trip to the Toffees.

DeAndre Yedlin – in US colors

DeAndre Yedlin had a difficult time containing £35M Felipe Anderson on Saturday, and he cost more than our team put together – such is the power of money in the Premier League these days.

Yedlin is hoping we can bounce back tomorrow night at Goodison:

“It was disappointing not to be able to carry on the run.”

“I think we made too many mistakes at both ends of the pitch. That happens, and we just have to move forward from it.”

“You can’t take anything for granted in the Premier League,”

“West Ham are an interesting one because with the quality they have in their team. I don’t think that’s reflected in where they are in the table.”

“Maybe it’s a bit of a reality check. We’ve been on a good run, but it’s like the old saying says, you have to keep your lows high and your highs low.”

“You have to stay balanced because in the Premier League, every single game can bring you back down to earth.”

“You can’t get too worked up about winning, but, at the same time, we can’t get too low just because we’ve lost a game.”

“Unless you’re one of the absolute top teams, that’s going to happen. That’s just the way it is.”

“The confidence is still there, it hasn’t disappeared just because we’ve lost a game, and now we just need to move forward.”

“The gaffer stays very level-headed, and that’s one of the great things about him,” said Yedlin. “He stays pretty balanced no matter what.”

“When the players seem to be getting a little big high about a win, he brings us back down to earth and kind of explains that we haven’t done anything yet.”

Whereas 70% of fans thought we would beat West Ham on Saturday,  63% of our fans think we will lose the game tomorrow night.

What do you think?

How Will Newcastle Fare At Everton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:45 PM

Well I hope it’s not Mange of the month Ed! 🙂

• Jib

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:46 PM

I’ll be ecstatic with a point at Goodison

• bettyswallocks

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:47 PM

Kermit………. I have to say your unwavering persistence although irritating has to be admired.

• Jib

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:48 PM

he may even get scabies of the season 😀

• hibbit

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:50 PM

just a point of order re the TV in the ground being turned off.

it wasn’t the clubs decision, health and safety and the match commander issued the order over concerns of the number of fans not taking there seats watching them and blocking the exits,
    *make of that what you will*

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:52 PM

OldGit 1

So yer mates said the blog was crap ? And even mentioned the Radio ham thing ..what ! We have thousands of posts here per month and there was about 5 on Radio.

You posted that just to have a dig at me .
    Clearly apparent.

Why ?

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:54 PM

Optimistic P

Please don’t ask . Read next post . Im not being unsociable . Difficult.

• RobLeenio

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:55 PM

The West Ham match was an anomaly – we conceded, chased the game and ended up being too open, allowing them to carve us open twice more. I think we’ll have learned a great deal from the match and I can’t imagine it happening again this season. We’ve never lost by a 3 goal margin under Rafa before, and this is the strongest team we’ve had under him, certainly defensively.

I’ll go for a hard-earned draw in this match, but if we do keep it tight then all results are possible.

More immediately, good luck to the U23s tonight. I was hoping to go with the kids but am being dragged away elsewhere so I’ll be looking for a good stream later. I see no reason why we can’t win this game – our young lads are full of confidence, they don’t have a problem scoring and don’t concede many. They’ve already beaten better League 2 teams than the Macc Lads this season, away from home too.

The one thing going against them will be their nerves.

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:58 PM

It was amazing yesterday to read some of the national newspapers and read all the crap and speculation.. I laughed as I read through stories claimed to be factual and could see all the guess work by the media.

The Daily Mail today was like reading the Beano , It had about as much credence .

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:00 PM

Tsunki

I’m with you, I think the protests have had a effect

As you say the PR from the Ashley camp, someone said on Saturday it was barely noticeable. It was still noticeable though.

His reign has had more negative publicity in the last few months than it’s ever had.

Ashley certainly won’t be happy, SD have had plenty negative publicity over last few years and the relationship between it and the clubs fans is getting Toxic, how long will they want to be involved with us.

The people who’ve got off their arses and tried to organise and get involved and who then took ridicule from some quarters deserve to be applauded.
    I tip my hat to them, its had a effect.

If this is another PR stunt I see TMG getting more supporters getting more organised and stronger because of it.

Howey the fans

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:03 PM

Online

It was a post in jest.

I don’t believe it’s this Blank guy, not for a minute.

• bettyswallocks

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:03 PM

Online…….. Can you bring us up to date with any more info. Please.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:04 PM

Howey autocorrect

• RobLeenio

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:06 PM

Optimistic Panda, I’m one who has been sceptical of the in-stadium protests, though I’ve certainly never ridiculed them. I just question the value of a poorly-supported boycott / timed walk in and worry it will do more damage to the Magpie Group cause than to Ashley’s.

The protests away from the ground seem to me to be more effective – the few lads outside the Italian in Ponteland, the lads outside the Sports Direct AGM, the lads outside Parliament yesterday.

Anyway, I completely agree with your assessment – if the club isn’t sold, there are no signings in January and Rafa still doesn’t sign a new contract, the MG will grow its membership massively and find far more support. Sad to say, this may be too late.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:07 PM

I have absolutely no idea who a wealthy person with enough dosh to buy us is.

If it’s a consortium it could be any of 100s.

Ritchie Rich, Tony Stark, Arthur Bach

• toon22

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:08 PM

Every time he uses the sale lie and not sell the club the whole place becomes that bit more toxic

Keep it up mr Tubs,your doing a great job

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:10 PM

Saturday evening the sale of Newcastle United was reported on here by me as you know ..I read a lot of the comments after I had posted it and there was not a lot of reaction..as though people were not taking it in .

Was hilarious reading most of the news outlets over two days later ..they didn’t have a sniff as you can see by it not hitting the press untill late Monday night. Almost 3 days later and after it appearing on here .

Press late to the table as I made sure it was published on Ed’s site first. I could have made a few bob but don’t need it.

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:12 PM

Bettyswallocks

Can you explain your very offensive post from yesterday ?

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:16 PM

Optimistic P

I know your only asking but it’s difficult mate .

Here’s a clue..that stuff in the Daily Mail about Ashley jeopardising sale by talking about it Monday night .. it’s a load of rubbish made up to fill column inches.

Newspapers were falling over themselves yesterday evening to break the News on line ..it was hilarious.

Was all on here nearly 3 days before !

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:17 PM

Toxic it is.

This is why something’s afoot.

Ashley must know the backlash that will come if this is all PR bollocks, the 5hit would hit the fan.

I don’t believe the club will be sold by January I think he wants it sold asap and this interview was letting third parties know this.

When the sale will be is anyone’s guess, it would be nice to think it would be end December early January it’ll probably be longer.

If it’s bollocks ?????

Come summer What will the fans do?

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:18 PM

Yeah, I live on the Pearl River these days. One demo would have stood a better chance. Maybe the second one will get a bigger reaction if we suffer a big defeat at Everton. I think he will be gone soon anyway so I dont think it matters. My original point anyway was that I think Ashley’s leaked the takeover to thwart the magpie group purely out of malice. It would please him massively to see the protests fizzle out.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:20 PM

Bit surprised there’s few comments on the 3rd round draw, when we may have a striker considered not good enough for the Toon coming back to prove a few people wrong.

Is something else happening?

• bettyswallocks

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:23 PM

Online guy……. I didn’t intend to offend you but you are prone to having a hissy fit if someone mentions you when you’re not logged in to the blog. There is no gossiping going on behind your back as this is a fully transparent public blog. Anyway sorry if you were offended in any way.

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:24 PM

Right lads n lasses here’s a little heads up and a warning I suppose.

Almost everything that is written on this blog is scrutinised, anything ontoward or anything that effects running of the club is considered and acted upon..they are quick and up to the minute .

When I say they , you know who I mean . I know this because of something that was written on here in the week just gone . It was discussed .

They are good at their jobs.

This website is the one to go to if certain parties need to understand the mood and thoughts of the majority in reaction to anything tha

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:25 PM

Continued— that is going on at the club.. positive our negative .

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:32 PM

It’s OK Betty

I like a bit of stick now and then , ask the missus.

It’s only one bloke that has a pop when I’m not here ..with the odd sly comment ..I don’t understand it but I don’t really mind as I can always tell him how I feel about it later .

Anyway he’s a good writer and we usually sort it out ..no grudges.

Your post talking about me yesterday was orrible ! No rhyme or reason for it.

No harm done, your OK .

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:34 PM

Hiss fit Betty?! If someone mentions me you say? ..No, mention me all you feel you need to , its only when it’s nasty I would make a comment back.

Cheer up Betty.

• toon22

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:42 PM

Imho the shit will hit the fan when Feb comes around and we have the usual non sale and the usual non investment on players

Keep it up Mr Tubs,every time is making it all that bit more toxic
    Which is one of the things that will eventually force him to sell

That’s unless the MPs or the HMRC don’t get there first

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:52 PM

I made a post last Friday evening and a letter to the Magpie Group.

It was a bit tongue in cheek..but serious in its message ..

I put enough clues in there to fill the back page of the times, and said,

“Well done the Magpie group you have tipped Ashley over the edge. ”

I meant it.

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:01 PM

Yesterday I could see the strain in MAs face .. And I can tell you that the Magpie Group have been effective in a very potent way.

Iv seen the Magpie group arousing much opinion and they have had their fair share of brickbats..fair enough all opinions are valid.

Its the Magpie Group we need to thank .. They are the ones who have hit home the thought that one does not stay where one is not wanted.

We broke Ashley’s heart a little ..he’s only one man and when he takes those Holidays in Florida it’s not to dodge an issue ..he really needs it . Imagine the stress ?

• toon22

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:02 PM

Poor guy

LoL

• JohnJ

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:08 PM

RobLeenio

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:55 PM

If my memory serves me right we got beat at home 3 – 0 by Watford last season!
    Another painful result eh?
    🙁