Report – Newcastle Interested in Spanish Left-Back For January

There’s a report in Sports Witness today that Newcastle United are interested in Junior Firpo who has been at Real Betis for four years and this season made his breakthrough into the first team.

He has been in outstanding form this season and has played 16 times with three goals and two assists in all competitions so far this season,

Firpo was born in the Dominican Republic and has lived most of his life in Spain, and he holds citizenship for both countries.

In late August this year, Junior was called up to the Spanish U21 team and made his debut in early September starting in a 3–0 win against Albania.

22-year-old Real Betis left-back Junior Firpo – Newcastle interested

ABC Sevilla are reporting that the Newcastle and Crystal Palace are the two Premier League clubs most interested in the 22-year-old.

He has a €50m release clause in his contract at Real Betis, but no club is going to pay that amount for him – certainly not Newcastle.

Junior seems committed to Real Betis and told his agent earlier this season that he didn’t want to hear anything about transfers.

Not until the January transfer window opens next month because he wants to concentrate on playing well for Betis.

This is what Junior has said about the January transfer window:

“Until then, nothing can happen. It’s 100% true that I don’t know anything. I told my agent clearly that he isn’t to tell me anything. Maybe he’ll inform me on January 1st.”

Rafa and Newcastle could try to get the 22-year-old on a bargain buy because of his lack of experience.

But that may not be possible with Manchester City also said to be interested in the player.

Unless the cost of the player is £10M or less we don’t think Newcastle will pursue this potential target – but we’ve been wrong before.

The other left-back Rafa is interested in for the January transfer window is 19-year-old PSG French left-back Stanley N’Soki.

He was priced at 10M in early August but the youngster thought it was early to switch to the Premier League.

What do you think?

How Will Newcastle Fare At Everton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:21 PM

Online

Is their 3 groups showing serious interest?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:24 PM

I’m waiting for the bus to stop! 🙂

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:24 PM

Online

You need to remeber there’s been a few nights of boozing between your post and now.

I vaguely remeber it.

Can you remeber what thread it was on so I can go read it again.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:24 PM

Bill.

Put your arm out

• bettyswallocks

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:25 PM

Online……. I replied to you on previous thread.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:27 PM

Is there something wrong with the NUFC site they didn’t mention anything about the U23s last Friday and nowt again today. At least about a commentary of any sort.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:30 PM

Online

Just read it.

Ashleys interview makes me think he’s still waiting for the revised bid?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:31 PM

OLG

So you declined to cash in on the news as you didn’t need it, hmmmmm.

So are you one of the interested parties? 😉

• bettyswallocks

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:34 PM

Online guy…….. I didn’t realise the club scrutinised the blog so thoroughly. If I had realised then I obviously wouldn’t have suggested that you are sometimes under the influence of a stimulant. I can only apologise once again and point out it was only said in jest.
    I sincerely hope my stupidity hasn’t in any way jeopardised your relationship with the club.

• RobLeenio

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:44 PM

Online Guy, please don’t say anything you’re not comfortable with, but as far as you’re aware, has the potential new owner been discussed on here over the last couple of days? I mean has the right person been linked at some point or will we be in for a complete surprise if and when the club is actually sold?

• DubaiMicky

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:53 PM

For what it’s worth I know bugger all other than Kenyon’s signed an NDA and apparently has the funds, who his backers are? No idea. I see the Ottoman biscuit bloke’s been mentioned along with Atlanta Blank cheque dude.

I agree with RobL, to have Kenyon as CEO and Blank as funder does sound like a dream ticket.

Although personally I reckon fat man is winding everyone (including potential investors) up. Didn’t trust the way he didn’t look at the camera, fidgeted etc. looked like someone flogging snake oil.

I’ve been treking to Abu Dhabi daily (3 hours each way) and I’m well knackered. Zzzzzzzz

• c-dog

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:53 PM

@jib

What are your senior advisory colleagues at Ernst & Young and JP Morgan saying about the potential value of NUFC?

• Jib

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:57 PM

Adam Armstrong has only scored 1 goal
    in 18 Championship matches this season

It would be so Newcastle if he got a hat-trick
    at SJP in the FA cup

• Lindisfarne

Dec 4, 2018 at 4:57 PM

Newspapers across the U.K. have named Blank as that potential buyer. Steve Cannon, chief executive of the AMB Group, says there is no merit to the reports.

• c-dog

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:03 PM

@jib

What a scoop! Cheers lad.

• Online Guy

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:04 PM

I made a post last Friday evening and a letter to the Magpie Group.

It was a bit tongue in cheek..but serious in its message ..

I put enough clues in there to fill the back page of the times, and said,

“Well done the Magpie group you have tipped Ashley over the edge. ”

I meant it.

• Online Guy

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:13 PM

Betty #9 ..you’ve said it again though ha ha .

For the record ..I’m the straightest bloke you will find or talk with.

Drug free zone and booze in moderation and very little you cheeky get. I like the taste of real ale and not the quantity.

• Lindisfarne

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:15 PM

I have not seen the full Sky interview that took place yesterday, particularly the planned questions pertaining to being in front of the panel of MP’s:

“So Mike, how did your parliamentary hearing go today?”

“Fine. I am very close to selling NUFC.”

• Jib

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:17 PM

Ole Andreas Halvorsen

• Pain in the Blog

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:18 PM

OLG,

Keep up the good work.

• Online Guy

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:22 PM

Jib said something that made me think he also knew something …just a couple of words ..I then went back over it and in the context realised it was just coincidence. And nowt to do with what I published.

I know this is agony for all of you here, and theres the frustration of me wanting to say something

I know how Shirebrook, Mikey, and Hibbit and one other felt back when they were feeding us news from dare I say it ..The Middle East .

• RobLeenio

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:23 PM

Online Guy, again don’t answer if you don’t feel comfortable. You mentioned on Friday some news to be released in the Chronicle some time this week. Are you expecting that to still happen or has Ashley’s outburst on Sky put paid to that?

• Online Guy

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:25 PM

Pain

Read your info on the prostate..Iv been checked out ..other stuff as well. All good.

I was going to comment on your Doctor and to say She ? is very conscientious..loved the way she wanted an answer to the question first. Looking after you mate. She bloody good.

• toon22

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:33 PM

The reason MA came out with the sale lie

It’s due to the fact he needs it in the media to do the job intended
    To quell the protests and justifying the lack of investment this January

If he was actually selling he wouldn’t need it in the media

All it’s going to do is add to the toxic environment at the club

Hiya KBA

• Lindisfarne

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:36 PM

#NUFC
    Newcastle U21s host Macclesfield Town at St James’ Park in the Checkatrade EFL Trophy this evening.
    Join @raisbeck10 & John Anderson on 95.4 FM or Freeview 719 from 7pm for Full Match Commentary.

…..Oh! brilliant, lets all listen to Ando being overly negative about the kids!

• bettyswallocks

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:39 PM

I went to the doctors last week for a check up. We have a new lady doctor and she told me, “Mr. Swallocks, you’re going to have to stop masturbating. ” I replied, “Why’s that like” She said, “Because I’m trying to examine you! “

• DubaiMicky

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:39 PM

Anyone seen this tweet?

Black cloud
    @Blackcloud1603

Tomorrow morning there is to be an arrival at Newcastle airport (private ) of an American Gulfstream 550 carrying an American hedge fund. Transport also booked to go directly to St James Park .

Maybe, just maybe, the fat man was teasing us and a deal has already been agreed, we can but hope. I wonder if they have some privets on it as well as hedges?

• DubaiMicky

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:57 PM

And they are, take a look at their flight plan…

Oh and it must be true cos it’s on Wikipedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Templeton_Investments
    (well it was until someone deleted the addition, it went something like “In December 2018 FTI bought Newcastle United FC from that shark Mike Ashley” or words to that effect).

• Jib

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:58 PM

Paul Merson forecast
    Everton 2 NUFC 0

• hibbit

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:59 PM

DubaiMicky
    Black cloud also posted this last week

@Blackcloud1603

Other consortium is led by Arthur Blank and is at a more advanced http://stage.Data room gather #nufc

3:52 AM – 26 Nov 2018

• DubaiMicky

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:01 PM

Hey, we can but hope eh?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:03 PM

Spent too much time on my dedication to have it lost in blog prehistory so i’ll keep reposting till the bus stops!

Whether he sells or not, I feel a certain blogger deserves recognition for his dedicated and (very) persistent efforts to spread the message of discontent at Mr Ashley’s tenure.
    I have therefore dedicated the following to this blogger, there are clues in the message as to who it might be!

The t….. Rap

It’s never MAs fault- It’s never MAs fault- It’s never MAs fault-it’s never, never, never, never MAs fault

Undisclosed payments-haha- Undisclosed payments-haha- Undisclosed payments-haha- Undisclosed payments-hahahahahahahahaaah

You don’t own a PR firm and not use it- You don’t own a PR firm and not use it- You don’t own a PR firm and not use it-shill-shill-shill-shill- You don’t own a PR firm and not use it

Shoot the messenger-Lol- Shoot the messenger-Lol-Shoot the messenger-Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol- Shoot the messenger-Lollll

Hiya KBA Jib Jib- Hiya KBA Jib.Jib- Hiya KBA Jib.Jib-JIb JIb JIb JIb JIb- Hiya KBA Jiiiiiib

HMRC will get him hehehe- HMRC will get him hehehe- HMRC will get him hehehe, hehehehehe- HMRC will get him heeeeh

He’s not selling It’s the usual lie- He’s not selling It’s the usual lie-not not not not not- He’s not selling It’s the usual lie

Everyone with place in their name is a shill- Everyone with place in their name is a shill-everyone everyone everyone-Everyone with place in their name is a shill

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:03 PM

got to go out, later!

• Online Guy

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:04 PM

Rob

I wrote you some info but lost it .

Your right can’t say anything . It’s on. Frustrated here. Want to say but….

• DubaiMicky

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:09 PM

Online guy – what about franklin Investments? Do you have any comment that their private jetstream 550 is landing at newcastle at 6.52am tomorrow morning?

It’s out there in the public domain.

• Jib

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:10 PM

Remember the report mid November from
    Betaville about a USA consortium
    Looks like that’s when it all started

• Bambams

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:13 PM

Online Guy

I have just come back from Mexico and have only managed to pop on and off the blog a few times.

Thanks for sharing what you know/heard and fingers crossed.

DubaiMicky

I emailed you fella but noticed you have updated the blog with some of the stuff you had told me about.

Catch up soon

• toon22

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:16 PM

MA failed to sell to the Mansours
    This lie is intended to justify not spending money and quell the protests

Just wait too see how toxic it gets when it all falls through,again

The only difference this year is the buyer isn’t going to be used in a photo pr stunt eating curry

• toon22

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:17 PM

He has no intention of selling

The who lie is his usual pr

1 2 3 8