These Were Newcastle’s Three Best Players In 1-1 Draw At Everton

Newcastle were a little dodgy in defense in the game against West Ham at home on Saturday in the second half.

It ended up to be a surprise 3-0 defeat after we had won three games in a row.

But the defense was back in form last night at Goodison Park and showed grit, guts, and courage to limit the Toffees to a single goal in the hard-won point and a 1-1 draw.

Martin Dubravka continued his excellent form in goal for Newcastle this year and was our Man of the Match with 44% of the vote.

Martin Dubravka – Man of the Match – another brilliant display

With Juventus said to be after him, Rafa may want to give him a new improved contract given how important player has been this year at Newcastle – he deserves it too.

The current two starting center-backs Fernandez and Schar were second and third respectively in the voting – and they have proven to be excellent together in central defense.

But Swiss International Schar picked up his fifth yellow card of the season so he will get a one-match ban and will, therefore, miss the home game against Wolves on Sunday afternoon.

It was an excellent result for us last night, and now 3 points is exactly what we need on Sunday afternoon against Wolves at home.

A win will help us climb the league table although not with the next game because we are now a full 5 points behind the club just above us in the league – West Ham.

Here’s where we stand after the midweek games.

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
13Watford16-320
14Cardiff16-1514
15Newcastle16-913
16Crystal Palace16-1012
17Burnley16-1712
18Huddersfield16-1710
19Southampton16-179
20Fulham16-249

Who Was Newcastle's Man Of The Match At Everton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• jazzyp

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:54 PM

Jane

I totally agree with you there, Fans will keep turning up in there droves because fans cant give there weekend fix up. That has more been proven from what Ashley has done to the club yet they just keep accepting it, And I put myself in that bracket..More fool me.
    It easier for the likes of me to give it up who lives hundreds of miles away than someone who has a 10 minute stroll from there front door, And that is why Nufc will always have a strong following no matter what

• Wayayman

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:54 PM

RobLeenio,

Just a quick skim of TMG statement this morning and you’ll see words to the effect of

“we continue to have very deep reservations as to Ashley’s intentions to sell the club”

That might answer the questions about people being given the heads up in various fan groups. FWIW, I don’t believe Ashley is going to sell at all, but I would absolutely love to be proven wrong. I think he does have interested parties, but he’s got no intention of selling so he will make it as difficult as possible in any negotiations.

• yorkymag

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:56 PM

Reilly
    I am sure that’s possible
    It’s just I object to someone spoiling the blog and it’s really purpose,sensible exchange of views
    It’s like being at school with the class clown constantly interrupting

• Wayayman

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:59 PM

Also, Michael Martin started the ball rolling when he announced that True Faith would not support the boycott any longer. That’s nothing to do with him getting ‘inside info’ – trust me.

• Reilly

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:01 PM

Aye it is a bit owa the top like.
    i really hope im wrong and this take over news is true.

• toon22

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:02 PM

yorkymag

Ignore me,i make it short.
    My avitar makes it obvious its me

I find the people who dont ignore me arnt here to talk about football but have an agenda

They just dont admit it like i do

• jazzyp

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:03 PM

Wayayman
    I was more optimistic of the deal for Almiron mate to be honest with us sending representatives from the club out on numerous occasions, Yet that has just been blown out of the water by the Atlanta owner on Sky sports.
    My point is I don’t believe sweet fa that comes out of Mikey boys mouth be that the sale of the club or anything to do with the club as he has been proven time and time again to be a perpetual liar

• toon22

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:06 PM

When MA bought us he didnt say a thing to the media
    This time he did

If he was actually wanting to sell,he would choose someone with enough money to barter at a price range he wanted.
    At best this pretend buyer has close to nowt to bring to the table,hes being used as a PR stunt

The day he sells it will happen without a media circus,as regardless of how this guy does things the real buyer will do things on the quiet

With actual NDAs signed by all parties

He has no intention of selling,he will go once he is either forced too or theres nothing left to pillage

• yorkymag

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:07 PM

There you go again captain obvious
    Assuming you are the only one who has a conspiracy theory
    It’s a little like brexit we are all sick of it
    90 % of the blog are sick of Ashley
    They just don’t need a self appointed idiot constantly repeating themselves

• toon22

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:09 PM

As ive said before
    People with money wont deal with the guy
    They will look at how he treated the Mansours and decide they wouldnt scrape him from their shoe

So a mega rich buyer wont ever be in the frame unless they use a decoy/poxy buyer to deal with the “man”

• martoon

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:09 PM

I still think there are some legs in the take-over news.
    Firstly it came directly from Ashley so if it wasn’t true it shows him up as a liar otherwise why not do his normal trick and leak it through a friend/spokesperson.
    Secondly if Kenyon wasn’t involved he surely would have denied it at some point since he was photographed at SJP. He might know Ashley but no way would he ruin his credibility and be involved in some sham story – why would he?
    So I think it will happen BUT probably not as quickly as people hope – I think the negotiations will take longer than people think with a snake like Ashley. So we might have to make do until the end of the season – hopefully avoid relegation and then hopefully a few record signings in the Summer.

• toon22

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:10 PM

yorkymag

your proving my previous point exactly

With a bit of politics hoyed in

Hiya KBA

• toon22

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:11 PM

but no way would he ruin his credibility

He either has none or dont care about it

• toon22

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:12 PM

You think MA will drag out the pretend buyer until the summer and cover that transfer window too

Maybe

• RobLeenio

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:13 PM

Wayayman, the Magpie Group have stated previously they’ve been contacted by credible buyers to gain insight into what makes the fans tick and what they would like to see happen at the club.

I can only imagine the same has happened with these newer purchase attempts.

The statement expresses reservations over Ashley’s intentions, it mentions nothing about scepticism over the existence of credible buyers. This is an important distinction.

The buyers exist, Ashley has said he’s keen to sell, sooner rather than later. Taken at face value, whilst we all remain suspicious of Ashley, it’s a recipe for a happy ending.

I know I’ve hesitated to give my full support to the match-day protests recently but if he lets us down again this time, I’ll be right behind whatever protests are being proposed, inside the ground, outside or wherever. It’s last chance saloon for the chubby one, I hope he realises it.

• toon22

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:21 PM

Either he sells or its the kind of turmoil he hasnt probably ever seen before
    Which will eventually force him to sell anyhow

He has no way to win in the end

• jane

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:21 PM

good points martoon however the difficulty for Kenyon like with Amanda may be selling it to his backers. Kenyon can still stay mates with Ashley and go out for a curry if it fails to materialise.

• toon22

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:22 PM

Just wait till this pretend sale dont happen

It leaves him with no really big lie he can use as even if the next sale is legit

Nobody will ever believe him

• toon22

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:23 PM

Funny how the two pretend buyers dont have the cash to buy us isnt it

Suppose it means MA dont have to get hammered and hoy up somewhere to insult them enough to cobble the sale

• Belfast

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:27 PM

Martoon

Do you not remember the “every penny” interview he done ?

What’s the difference ?

• Wayayman

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:27 PM

Rob, to my knowledge no one has any inside info or been approached.

• Jib

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:38 PM

Surely when you’ve committed to a NDA
    and entered the data room the fact of
    selling it to backers is history .
    It’s only if they turn up something iffy
    that the backers would then say no.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:39 PM

Could be lying, but why ramp up the charade? He can’t enjoy owning the club, the fans have been singing get out our club you fat cockney bastard home and away for a decade, and we are perennial underachievers under him so the advertising can’t amount to that much, and SD is hardly doing great, or great from its association with us. I think Ashley wants the sale, but at an acceptable price to him, and he’s gone public to push the bidding process along. It can falter as any deal can of course, but it is most probable we are close to seeing him off.

• martoon

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:43 PM

Jane – I don’t see the problem in “selling it to his backers” – we all know the potential with a bit of investment and Rafa at the helm!
    Belfast – the difference is with “every penny” – MA can claim he has with some fancy accountancy but he either sells the club or he doesn’t!

• Online Guy

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:44 PM

Hibbit

Thanks for posting that on for me earlier today .. I was going to do it as I realised I had posted it in the comments pertaining to the match section and plenty will have missed it . Cheers.

I have not had time to read up today so just about to see what the day has brought and read back over.

• Jib

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:44 PM

TRUE FAITH – CALL OFF #BOYCOTTWOLVES

You don’t need this fanzine to let on that the talk of the Tyne is a potential sale of Newcastle United to new owners.
    Every bit of evidence we have received privately and which is being covered in the media suggests this is real.
    A successful takeover will be greatly enhanced by Newcastle United’s Premier League status looking more positive than it does now. Therefore it is the agreed editorial position of TRUE FAITH (my that sounds high and mighty) to withdraw our support for any match boycott of this Sunday’s home game at St James’ Park versus Wolves.
    We believe the boycott is no longer in the long term interests of Newcastle United at this moment in time and should be cancelled. We will be attending this Sunday’s match and encourage everyone to do so in order to give Rafa and the team the kind of support that will help them collect three points, move us towards Premier League safety and help smooth any takeover.
    However, should the takeover not occur we will of course support further action including boycotts providing they have the broad support of match-going supporters.
    We call upon The Magpie Group to call off Sunday’s planned boycott.
    ALEX HURST – EDITOR.@tfalex1892
    MICHAEL MARTIN – FOUNDER. @tfMichael1892

That sounds to me as if someone has got in touch with them

• Online Guy

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:48 PM

Just had a beer in the city Tavern , Amstel wasn’t so good so went on to a pint of House beer…canny.

Just a couple.

I was plied with free Champagne in Fenwick and ended up spending money on present for the missus..I usually nip out to the garage on Christmas Eve for that.

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:50 PM

Online

You heard any further news you can share mate?

• Jib

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:51 PM

From the Chronic
    Newcastle United winger Kenedy is touch and go for the weekend clash
    with Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    The Brazilian star sat out of the 1-1 draw with Everton after picking up a
    knock in training and Rafa Benitez is sweating on his fitness ahead of
    the clash at St James’ Park on Sunday.

• jane

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:53 PM

“we all know the potential with a bit of investment and Rafa at the helm!”

yes on the pitch but can the fund managers project a good financial return as a result of this.

• Our Toon

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:54 PM

Over the moon with a point yesterday, tough place to go but we defended really well, especially Fernandez, also dubs made some crucial saves. Overall it’s a very good point, well done rafa and lads

• dig-n-dig22

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:54 PM

Ronaldo 50

I think Ashley wanting to sell NUFC holds water but we have the same problem as last year ,poor early season form. Last season the Stavely deal was scuppered over relegation value clauses. I think we had the same problem this year, no buy out deal with the threat of relegation hanging over us. Our form has improved over the last few weeks so maybe a potential buyer see’s the window of opportunity providing the deal can be done quickly so they can protect their asset by investing in new signings in January. I don’t see Kenyon as someone involved in a big elaborate hoax by Ashley to shaft NUFC fans for daring to protest outside SD stores. I think that’s bordering on paranoia. I see Kenyon as a businessman who has been involved at the highest level with 2 top PL clubs both with assets exceeding £ 2 Billion , so Kenyon is no tyre kicker. I think Kenyon see’s the potential of a sleeping giant that has been starved of investment for twelve yrs just waiting to be unleashed the top six and Champs league, don’t forget , when NUFC were riding high in the PL under S J Hall and Keegan, in the mid 90s, Man City were relegated to league 1 but look where they are now, there is no reason why we can’t do a City , everything is in place all we need is investment.

• RobLeenio

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:55 PM

Wayayman, thanks for the reply.

I think my mind is set – hopeful optimism for the time being and blind fury if it comes to nothing.

• toon22

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:57 PM

Jib

Can i borrow your crystal ball

Im after the lotto numbers

As in reality they would have said so wouldnt they

My crystal balls says hes not going to sell and its a liar

• Jib

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:59 PM

Atlanta United president Darren Eales warns Miguel Almiron
    won’t be loaned out: “We are never going to loan one of our
    players out and we are certainly not going to let them go for
    the ‘chump change’ that I have seen in some reports.” (Sky Sports)

I think this guy might be playing with words here
    The MLS season ends this weekend until March 2019

There’s no reason why Almiron couldn’t spend 3 months
    with NUFC for an assessment

• Jib

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:03 PM

Every bit of evidence we have received privately
    (and which is being covered in the media)
    suggests this is real.

• RobLeenio

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:04 PM

“Every bit of evidence we have received privately….”

Yeah, I think someone has been in touch with Michael Martin at least.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:04 PM

I don’t blame anyone at all for being suspicious about this so-called sale. I don’t think this is the normal approach. It would be done entirely confidentially. But then Ashley did cock up the first attempts long ago didn’t he? Remember he had that hilarious idea of accepting online offers to which the mackems happily responded? The man is a buffoon so anything is possible.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:06 PM

That’s our man all right. Mike “Chump Change” Ashley. Well done once again Mikey boy.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:09 PM

Hilarious. Just loan us Almiron on the cheap for a season please. And then we might make a lowball offer for him. Brilliant Mikey. No wonder everyone trusts you so much pinhead.