This Could Be Newcastle’s Starting Eleven Against Wolves

Kenedy has recovered from his slight knee injury which kept him out of the game at Everton on Wednesday but is fit to start tomorrow against Wolves at home.

Paul Dummett may also be fit to start if he comes through the training today with no ill effects with his hamstring.

Fabian Schar who has been outstanding for Newcastle over the last five games is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card at Goodison Park.

There’s a good question as to whether Rafa will play five at the back against Wolves tomorrow.

Yoshinori Muto – could start tomorrow

We need to win this game, and we expect Rafa will use a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Matt Ritchie is also fit having served his one-match suspension for picking up five yellow cards.

Jonjo Shelvey is fit again, but we think Ki Sung-yueng will keep his starting position in this starting lineup for tomorrow:

Dubravka
Yedlin Lascelles (c) Fernandez Dummett
Diame Ki
Ritchie Muto Kenedy
Rondon

Christian Atsu had a good game on Wednesday night and looked lively although he did miss a golden opportunity to win the game at Goodison with two minutes to play.

He may keep his place and stay on the right wing with the exclusion of Ritchie.

Muto needs to start playing, and he is preferred in the number 10 position to Ayoze Perez for the game tomorrow.

What would your Newcastle team be for tomorrow?

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Wolves?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

To vote for Rafa for Manager of the Month go here and scroll to the very bottom of the page past the shortlist of the nominees where there is a table of the nominees and click on Rafa.

Please help the needy at Christmas.

The website NEoffers.co.uk are running their Christmas campaign for the needy in the local Newcastle area.
Let’s see if we all can help more people in real need this Christmas and give people the greatest gift they will receive this year.
If you can do this it would be really appreciated – please give here.

• Munster Mag

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:57 PM

No faux outrage from me tsunki but still stupid of you but well done for apologising to olg.

• RUNAWAY777

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:58 PM

Perez dropped pull the other one but i would like to see him benched tomorrow we can pray have good weekend lads and lasses.

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:58 PM

https://youtu.be/kiBlWfdNNTM Martinez record breaking goals

• fog on the tyne

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:04 PM

Online guy

I hope you throw as much sh1t back at everyone who has giving it to you for the last week. Come this time next week they will be queuing up to lick your balls.

Hats off to you sir on the stirling job you have done on passing on the information you have been receiving.

HWTL KEEP THE FAITH

• lesh

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:06 PM

hibbit

Like you, I’m taking this take over talk as either one massive and well orchestrated hoax or a transaction where Ashley’s greed overrides any sense of decency – in other words, I’ll believe it when it happens. I say that with no sleight intended on those that’ve passed on snippets for they too may have fallen victim to Ashley’s bit of fun with the fans. insights.

If this talk comes to nowt, so be it and we can look forward to mang more years of grief for NUFC and its long suffering fans.

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:08 PM

For somebody so small he sure can leap like a salmon. Doesn’t miss penalties either. Links up really well with Almiron but will he, get those chances in the PL?

• Wayayman

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:09 PM

Online Guy just keep the info coming as and when you have it. Bollocks to the haters, we all take it with a pinch of salt but it’s good to have some potential positivity in amongst all the doom and gloom recently.

• Munster Mag

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:17 PM

Fulham 1 down 🙂

• Munster Mag

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:18 PM

Olg, work away lad.

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:31 PM

Well, I missed the West Ham game due to my spine fracturing yet again. Doc visited me last week to discuss the x Ray and tell me I need to see a surgeon. Very risky operation but I can’t carry on like this really.
    Decided to risk the game tomorrow. Hate missing games and I know I can watch on TV but it ain’t the same. Gonna pay for it next week but wtf? I moved back up here so I didn’t have to miss games so fingers crossed I don’t cause any more damage. Couldn’t make the West Ham game coz I couldn’t get off my bed! 🙂 We better bloody win. Need to make the operation during the summer so I don’t miss any more games if possible. See the surgeon in February so I might be able to persuade him to work it around the season. Just hope he’s a football fan and understands! 🙂 Knowing my luck he’ll be a Mackem lmao.

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:37 PM

Wonder if we can get Mo Salah on the cheap? Liverpool don’t need him really and surely Ashley wouldn’t mind paying a few quid for him? (Just in case you’re wondering, yes, I am on drugs!)

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:39 PM

Bobby
    Ouch, that really sounds painful, did you look into the possibility of getting into the seats for people with disabling conditions.

Let’s hope for a big win to cheer you up.

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:41 PM

Accrington Stanley got an interesting game today. Sunderland? Who are they? Exactly. 🙂 Older fans will understand that.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:42 PM

Bobby

Well you never know, if we were to get a big spending owner!!! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:45 PM

Bobby
    Aye Accrington Stanley, one of the founder members of the Football league, bankrupt and closed down, reborn, then rose back up to league 1 where they are now.

Just goes to show you should never give up hope.

• lesh

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:46 PM

Bobby

You’ve got to be in for a Fan of the Year gong – You’ve got some stamina.

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:47 PM

Bill, I get within yards of my seat in my wheelchair, then I have to use my crutches for the last few yards. I’ve got a mate who helps me but that’s where I’m gonna struggle. Lot of pressure on the fractured vertebrae when I use my crutches,vut it’s not that far, I’ll give it a go. If I can’t do it I’m sure the stewards will find me somewhere I can siht in my wheelchair to watch.

• ilovetoon8788

Dec 8, 2018 at 3:47 PM

Shocking to see Fulham spend almost 100m but look odds on for 20th place finish.. Amazing.

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:02 PM

Bloody submit bar, I keep catching it. 🙂 I’ve sat in my seat for decades so don’t want want to give it up until I literally can’t walk a yard. I’ve got so much legroom it suits me so well.
    You can’t describe how painful a fractured vertebrae is mate even with the painkillers I’m on, but all I need to do is get to the car, park up get in the wheelchair to get to the ground and then that last few yards on crutches to my seat. Then the return journey.
    The people I sit with will carry me if needs be, they’re a smashing bunch of lads. 🙂 I will regret it later, I know that now, but going means so much to me I’ll take the regrets. Always people worse off mate, people who simply can’t get there. That day will likely come for me one day but until it does… 😉 I keep telling myself it’s only pain, something a gym sergeant used to drum into us in the army.

• kc2012

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:08 PM

On Josef Martinez

He’d be a player who might be a decent signing but his goal scoring record everywhere apart from in the MLS has been ridiculously bad.

Young Boys – 4 in 37
    Torino – 7 in 57

Yes he’s probably improved but signing a striker from the MLS might be too much of a risk. If he was voted the best player in the MLS ahead of Almiron who’s apparently valued at £25m then surely they’d want over £25-30m for him. Pretty sure a striker like Batshuayi wouldn’t even cost much more than that.

Who knows. I’d be Happy if we signed him as he’s been terrific in the MLS but I think he’d probably struggle with the huge step up in defensive class of the premier league

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:20 PM

Super six not gonna make me rich today. Having a bad season. Finished 98th out of the whole lot last season and I’ll never beat that.
    Mackems have scored. Must be so exciting winning at Accrington lmao.

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:23 PM

Sammy Ameobi scored for Bolton. Go on son. Love to see local lads do well for any team.

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:25 PM

Kc2012, that’s what I thought mate. He wouldn’t get those chances in the PL. Bit of a Tammy tap in about him really.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:25 PM

Bobby

I reckon that most of us have suffered back pain at some time in our lives and that’s bad enough but what you have to go through must be incredibly worse, as Lesh said you have to be fan of the year.

Hats off to you for your persistence and good humour in spite of your suffering.

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:29 PM

Get in Accrington Stanley 🙂 Our U21’s just might surprise that lot. Can you imagine the embarrassment? Match abandoned at Accrington!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:30 PM

Bobby did you see the Tammy attempted tap in last night, even worse than Ritchies miss.

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:41 PM

Bill, there must be people worse off than me who get there mate. Football’s my life mate, family apart. I hate missing games. Having to miss away games is bad enough, but I just can’t do them anymore. Travelling too much. I know it’s on TV and if I had any sanity left I would settle for that but being there when the ball hits the net is something I simply can’t explain. I love it so much. Along with 50k others. That feeling is indescribable as you know. Just hope we win mate. I won’t be jumping up if we do score mind. 🙂 HOWAY THE LADS!!!!! 🙂

• Tsunki

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:41 PM

Yeah OLG never mind The Haters. Who are The Haters btw? Anyone seen them play?

• ronaldo aarons

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:42 PM

I’d prefer Rafa to keep it at 3 at the back tomorrow v wolves. They too quick in attack to risk being exposed and outnumbered like v West Ham.

Wolves have taken points of Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea. They’ve lost to Cardiff, Huddersfield and Brighton I think. Reckon they prefer teams to take the game to them.

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:42 PM

Bill, yeah, had a bit of a nightmare really. Glad we didn’t sign him. Not PL quality is he?.

• cyprus

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:48 PM

Wait a minute.

Thought Cardiff and Huddersfield we’re shoo ins for relegation, we were only looking for number three.

• ronaldo aarons

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:53 PM

Cyprus
    It’s a long season. They were both my picks at start of season to go down. They’ve been showing good form recently, Cardiff have shown a lot imo to suggest they might stay up. Fulham and Southampton struggling too though. The more teams there are fighting relegation the better. Still though, not too fussed on others, if we pick up results doesn’t matter what others do.

• ronaldo aarons

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:56 PM

Speaking of Huddersfield. My man torreira with a late goal. When Arsenal signed I said that’s a big signing. Keep letting him settle and adjust and he’ll be a game changing signing for them as their fans are starting to realise. Saw a fair bit of him past few years at sampdoria, big player! (Pun intended)

• cyprus

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:59 PM

Agreed. We’ll need a point a game, at least, that’s the way to see it. I guess we, and several others are right in the mix.

Dec 8, 2018 at 5:03 PM

So much for manure getting beat and Jose getting the boot. Not today people, not today..

• Moonraker15

Dec 8, 2018 at 5:20 PM

Cyprus
    I think come the end of the season they will both be in the bottom 3 along with Fulham 🙂

• Tsunki

Dec 8, 2018 at 5:26 PM

I’m no fan of selective use of stats (or Catchystats as they are known) but certain types don’t lie. Such as the hefty minus goal difference of teams around us. They might pick up a win or two and briefly enjoy a burst but usually these teams continue to have defensive problems thankfully our tiny-handed tactical neanderthal manager has managed to fudge a decent defensive record which might make all the difference after January.

Im not predicting a shutout tomorrow after the embarrassment they caused against West ham though. 😐

• ronaldo aarons

Dec 8, 2018 at 5:29 PM

Mike Ashley is probably directing Charnley to tell Rafa that strikers are overrated in football so what we have is ‘fit for purpose’. Man City playing Chelsea and no strikers in the line ups!

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 8, 2018 at 5:33 PM

Rafas record played 109

Won 47 drawn 23 lost 39

By 1 goal 28 times
    By 2 goals 8 times
    By 3 goals 3 times

It was in mag earlier, always in the game and don’t get embarrassed

• cyprus

Dec 8, 2018 at 5:34 PM

Moonraker
    Hope you’re right 🙂

Meanwhile, I’ve got a huge 8 Euros on Chelsea.

I know I know, but surely City will lose some time.

1 2 3 7