Local Lad Talks About The Heartbreak Of Being Injured

When Paul Dummett was injured playing for Wales in the  UEFA Nations League against Denmark on 16th November, fans were not too happy that he joined the Wales squad fir and came back with another hamstring strain.

But it seems that Paul was smart and when he felt the twinge he came off in the eventual 2-1 defeat against Denmark.

The tendency is to try to play on especially when he had started for Wales and had a rare opportunity to impress new manager Ryan Giggs.

And coming off early has helped Paul make a reasonably speedy recovery from the injury and he is fit again and came on for the last few minutes of Newcastle’s great 1-0 win at Huddersfield on Saturday.

Paul has been interviewed and he reveals the heartbreak of being injured early in the game when playing for your country.

Paul Dummett in the colors of Wales

This is what Paul Dummett has told the Chronicle today:

“I was really disappointed.” “I was obviously buzzing to get a start for Wales in an international game in the UEFA Nations League.”

“I’d waited a long time to play for Wales.” “To come off so early in the game, a competitive game, was so disappointing.”

“It also meant I missed games for Newcastle too so it was frustrating.”

“You just then have to do everything you can to make sure you’re fit and helping the team as much as I can.”

“I am now working double hard to make sure I stay fit.” “It’s brilliant to be back out there.” “It’s never nice being injured but you have to be patient when you come back.”

“I’ve been on the bench because we have had some decent results away from home lately.”

“We lost last weekend but that was right at the end in a tight game so I had to wait for my opportunity.

“I got it at Huddersfield and it was a brilliant win for us against a team that will be around us in the Premier League.”

“It was important to take points off them.”

“Everyone wants that winning feeling, there’s just nothing better especially away from home with all the fans singing their hearts out in the freezing cold.

“They were still here at the end when we were warming down.” “But to pick up a result against a team like Huddersfield is a massive boost.”

“We knew what it would be about and the manager told us these are the games we have to focus on.

“They’re all cup finals.” “We didn’t play great but three points are three points.”

“Sometimes you have to grind out results in the Premier League and that’s what we did.”

Rafa has started to play three at the back in the absence of Dummett and on Saturday we have Schar, Lascelles, and Clark playing in the back line in a 3-5-2 formation.

It will be interesting to see if the manager switched back to the usual 4-3-3-1 formation.

One target Rafa wants to bring in next month in the transfer window is a left back as both competition and cover for Dummett. whom Rafa has always said is a first-class professional.

What do you think?

• lesh

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:26 PM

Essex

Aal this taak aboot kippors’s killed thi blog. Ed’s probably cursing and thinking… ‘Thanks for all the fish’

• Tsunki

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:32 PM

Martoon – I’m sure in the past many negotiations have been dogged by indiscretion but it doesn’t strike me that Ashley works like that. Tight NDA’s and a very close knit circle of confidants seems to be Mike’s M.O. we’ve hardly heard a peep about the backwash from the Staveley shenanigans and that was seemingly put to bed ages ago. No I’m not convinced these “sources” are as reliable as they seem to their ITK mates and will probably have all their excuses lined up when nothing happens again. The “done deals” of the stavely thing all got whitewashed in “tyre kicker” claims and shortfalls in money etc etc when nothing transpired at all. It’s all Baloney tbh.

• lesh

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:32 PM

Online Guy, Tsunki

Ffs the pair i yis gannin ern like a dog arra bone. Aal this aboot a name? It’s crackas.

Yi both remind is i Slackar$e the Fearless! There’s nee iffence ment afor yi both start on me.

😉

• Tsunki

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:34 PM

Leah I’m not sure what context you meant it but in this instance I shall take offence and challenge you to a duel. No, wait, no I’ll let it lie. Just forget it old friend.

I’m suing you.

🙂

• lesh

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:38 PM

Tsunki

Not the death of a thousand write, please. I’ll take it all back and have an apology printed in the papers if that’ll put an end to it.

🙂

• lesh

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:40 PM

Tsunki

* write = thousand writs….

• kc2012

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:47 PM

From last post

People can slate Diame all they want but he’s the 5th highest in the league for successful tackles made this season, which is exactly what he’s in the team to do. His touch is poor most of the time but he’s very very valuable to us and a big reason why teams struggle so badly to break us down so he deserves a new deal even if we bring someone else in, he’s a great option to have.

• c-dog

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:47 PM

Diame is a Rafa player. And I’m a fan. He has to start every game for us. If Rafa stays I think he should get a contract extension. If Rafa goes he should go with and be replaced adequately.

Be replaced adequately, hmmmm. More than likely won’t happen. Change my mind, give the man a new deal.

• Jib

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:48 PM

Spurs new stadium looking a bit good

• c-dog

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:55 PM

@jib

You’d fit in well with that London thrash

• Jib

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:08 PM

c-dog
    @jib
    You’d fit in well with that London thrash

Have you seen me shredding like ?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:10 PM

Blimey didn’t realise that the bus had moved.

Perhaps the blog would be less conflicted if people didn’t add what can be taken as an insult to their comments.

There are obvious micky take comments that can be seen as a mild joke but there’s always someone who want to add something like “you are a right t.at” to a comment why?

Really aint necessary, in my humble opinion.

Presumably Lascelles will be the major marker on Mitro, could be interesting, 2 potential red cards?

• Tsunki

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:11 PM

FFS Diame is a big improvement on FFS Williamson.

• ToonRich

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:12 PM

Jib, the grass tech they’re using looks pretty neat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmeljNpIV1k

• AncientC

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:13 PM

Diame plays DM in a side that chases (comfortably) the ball the majority of the time in the Premier League. Diame’s tackling stats *should* look impressive given how much time the side plays chaseball; 60% of the time this season.

The sooner Diame is replaced, the better. Diane would be a good backup if Hayden leaves and he is willing to take a paycut—which is unlikely. If Diame does stay, he will want a couple of million in signing on fees… just put that few million towards a replacement and be done with it.

• Mag52

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:23 PM

I’m dreaming of an Ashfree Christmas,
    Just like the ones we used to know.
    When we climbed the table
    And we were able
    To bag two trophies in a row.

I’m dreaming of an Ashfree Christmas,
    With every wistful blog I write.
    May a takeover turn out alright
    And may Ashley soon be out of sight.

• Jib

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:24 PM

Toon Rich
    That’s cool
    and needed
    Wembley still hasn’t recovered from the last NFL game !

• DubaiMicky

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:44 PM

Weirdly enough, mentioning pitches, we have the distribution rights for SIS here in the UAE (one of my many jobs, david is my business partner).

• Bianconeri

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:48 PM

Wondering how true the rumour is,of W.B.A. after Clark.Maybe a deal could be done for Rondon with Gayle,Clark going the other way.It free’s up a loan slot and gets us a decent number 9

• Tsunki

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:51 PM

Can’t help noticing that NUFC haven’t been one of your clients for the training surface. Shocked.

• DubaiMicky

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:54 PM

Erm Tsunki…. I don’t live there, hence the name, UK is nothing to do with us.

• Tsunki

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:59 PM

Oh. So that site you linked with hull, Durham university, Oxford and the mighty Redditch Utd not really anything to do with you. I see.

• Tsunki

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:00 PM

Ok try again. Not one of THEIR clients.

• Tsunki

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:01 PM

I think our training pitch was supplied by carpetright. I’ve seen them using the shake n vac.

• Belfast

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:01 PM

I take it online guy doesn’t know about your previous history Tsunki ? Stakeout!

• JohnJ

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:21 PM

It’s after 4:00pm any news guys?

I live in eternal hope of a very happy Christmas!

• Jib

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:45 PM

JJ
    The media are talking about anything but a takeover
    almost as if under orders.
    Perhaps they’ve been told news is imminent and just
    stay schtum for now.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:47 PM

Wolves away game shifted to a Monday night
    Spuds game now 12.30 kick off

• welshgeordie9

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:49 PM

Nothing will happen with the takeover or otherwise.

• Jib

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:50 PM

Ginger Jack in action tonight
    in the East Midlands derby

• Dondatta13

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:51 PM

All the games being shown live on TV upto the end of Feb. Does anyone think maybe someone knows something regarding a certain fakeover. Im sure the TV folk would love to beam the euphoric Toon Army around the globe to shine a light on the Premier League.

• Jib

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:52 PM

welshgeordie
    Fabulous first post for a fortnight
    You have been such a miss
    I wonder if Swansea could find a town
    in Norway to be twinned with ?

• jasper

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:58 PM

I thought Pulisic looked v sharp against England – may have been sending a come and get me message?
    Big boys rumoured to be in for him

but he would get a lot more game time with us

• Tsunki

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:04 PM

Yes Belfast I’m in a camo green Bongo parked outside the Gun Inn. Day three. He’s got to come out some time. 🙂

• Tsunki

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:08 PM

Yes Welshie we’ve missed that depth of quality and piercing insight to posts that can only be forged by a powerful mind from the cultural cauldron of Sketty.

• Tsunki

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:09 PM

Online will be back soon, it’s his Good Cop turn next I think.

• ToonRich

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:12 PM

@36, with any luck he’ll have more snippets of info to share…wasnt it he that said something about tomorrow 4pm being a time of interest?!

• Jib

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:16 PM

I see that Rafa is quoted as saying :-

no matter what transfers we get , ffs
    do it quickly

• welshgeordie9

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:21 PM

If something did happen it would probably be to late in the transfer window to do something anyway.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:28 PM

3 points against Fulham is the only good news a require for a good Xmas.