What Newcastle Fans Are Talking About This Christmas Eve

Rafa has come out today and said it’s a miracle if we can stay in the Premier League this season.

That’s a message straight to owner Mike Ashley who surely will help to strengthen the side in January?

Well – maybe not.

There’s also a possibility that Rafa will end Kenedy’s season loan from Chelsea if he can get a top player in on loan from an English club to replace him.

And we are said to be after a few players for next month’s transfer window  – the latest one being 24-year-old Eintracht Frankfurt left-back Jetro Willems who we were very interested in when theDutch International was still at PSV.

These are some of the talking points of Newcastle fans today – the day before Christmas.

Geordie fans supporting the lads

And we are not looking forward much to playing at AndielAnfielday after Christmas.

• geordietom

Dec 24, 2018 at 2:40 PM

and FRANK PINGLE’S PARTY IN HIS HEED IS STILL GOING STRONG

• Frank pingles come sock

Dec 24, 2018 at 2:43 PM

Sure is

• toonbrother

Dec 24, 2018 at 2:46 PM

Tough day for you on Saturday Ed
    Lascelles started as captain and had a pretty good game
    You’re going to have to step up your campaign against him

• Munster Mag

Dec 24, 2018 at 2:50 PM

I keep singing Keegan Wonderland. Family getting annoyed. Love u kev!

• Jib

Dec 24, 2018 at 2:53 PM

Text from an Evertonian pal

“I rang up Goodison and asked when do they kick off – the reply was
    – approx. every fifteen minutes “

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Dec 24, 2018 at 2:55 PM

If we keep it to 0-0 at half time and have no one sent off – I think we will keep them to single figures!

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 24, 2018 at 3:04 PM

Munster,
    Like I said a hundred times before you criticise every single time we lose, that is not fair and balanced. If those two words where sharp rusty implements I’d shove them right up your nose 😮
    The only evidence I seen of not going for it is that we could not manage a decent forward pass, cross, corner or free kick. I remember one period where the amount of passes should have had the crowd going ole, we didn’t because the passes weren’t a sign of our superiority but a complete lack of knowing what do do with the ball, Diame eventually gave it away to lead to Fulham best spell.
    Tikka, Tacca
    Diame and Hayden were bought for around 7M for the Championship and a brief spell in the PL at least one of them should have been upgraded with a top DM but considering our benevolent owner won’t discuss our budget the manager is left guessing at who he can and can’t sell or if they’ll be replaced. I don’t know for certain but I’m pretty sure Daryl Murphy wouldn’t have been sold if he knew Joselu was going to be our most expensive striker that summer.

• kc2012

Dec 24, 2018 at 3:14 PM

West Ham were bang average and playing pretty awful football when we played them, Rafa went to attack them as the stats suggest overwhelmingly and look what happened, we got picked off at the back and beat 3-0. Our defence is our strength and with our pure lack of firepower in attack if we go to attack teams like Fulham for example who have strong attacking players then we get picked off and concede goals just like we did against West Ham, it’s simple really. You work to your players strengths and unfortunately for us, our strength is in defence and hoping for a swift counter attack like we did against Huddersfield. If we went to attack teams in the games we’ve won this season we’d most likely have been beaten. We are a solid unit to break down at the moment and whilst we’ve got the squad we have then we can’t really expect anything else unless you’d like us to be beaten 5-0 by teams like Watford and Bournemouth etc. 4 wins, 3 draws and only 2 defeats in our last 9 games but yeah Rafa out and all that.

Anyone got Nigel Pearsons number so we can play some world class Barca/City/PSG style football with our £20 squad?

• geordietom

Dec 24, 2018 at 3:14 PM

FRANK you been on the mouldy wine mate pmsl

• ashleysmate

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:45 PM

Ive never believed in boycotting the games…. I used to always believe you should support your team no matter what but.. Times change, I’ve supported my heroes for 50+ yrs.. Albert Bennett. Gordon Marshall. Bob ‘Ollie Ollie’ Moncur. Ollie Button, John ‘brick shit house’ Macnamee.. But.. this imbecile who owns our club needs to be hit where it hurts the greedy beggar the most… In his fat sweaty pocket
    I always hoped, and untill recently believed that our world class manager wouls stay with us but I honestly believe he is squaring up for a fight with phatt boy, I think he is tired, mentally and physically of constantly having to keep the plates up in air at the same time.
    I think Rafa is a gent… Not perfect… But is willing to ‘give it a go’ and try and put his stamp on things but I think it’s reached the point where he drained, tired, he’s not being showed anything encouraging in the future of our club… He can’t do anymore.. He’s ran out of miracles