Defender Promises Players Will Give Their All Tonight

When Paul Dummett is in the Newcastle side we are usually a lot stronger in defense.

So with Paul likely to start again at left back tonight, we hope that’s true against Manchester United at St. James’ Park.

We all know how the Red Devils have scored a massive 12 goals in their 3 wins under new caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

The visiting players will have loads of confidence but maybe we can put a dent in their recovery under the new manager.

Our players will have to be somewhere near their best and we will need some luck if we are to win this game tonight.

Paul Dummett – in action at Watford

But we got some big results last season and won this fixture last February.

Dummett thinks we can do the same thing this season:

“Last season we showed that.”

“We gave a great performance from the players and the fans and we have got to make sure we are ready for that again.”

“They have changed manager and got some positive results so against a strong team it is going to be difficult.”

“It seems like that. They have scored more goals than they did under the previous manager and it looks like they are playing much more freely.”

“I’m sure the manager will have us prepared in training and we will give our all.”

“No games in the Premier League are easy.”

“We have got to make sure we are prepared to play against them.”

“We know we have done it in the past against the big teams at home.”

“Our home form hasn’t been great but last season it kicked our season on.”

“I did score against them and I would love another one because I don’t think I’ve scored since that game!”

“It was either that one or against Palace, I don’t know which one was first, but I would love to do that again.”

“Obviously my job is to try and keep the ball out of our net but if I can contribute another goal that would be a positive.”

“After leading for most of the game to concede right near the end is disappointing but we know every point is crucial in this league.”

“And we have got to take the positives from our performance.”

“It’s another point in the board and we have got to keep on going.”

“”In any game when you are winning to concede towards the end is a massive kick in the teeth but we have to keep on going and make sure we stay in this division.”

“We have to try to replicate what we did last season.”

“We get beat but we don’t concede four goals in one game, I don’t think we have done that for a long while really.”

“It was important that we got a reaction, especially against a team we could compete against.”

Paul made his 100th appearance in the Premier League for Newcastle on Saturday and it’s just a pity we couldn’t have taken all 3 points at Vicarage Road.

But that’s gone now and we need to somehow beat a resurgent Manchester United side, although our fans are not too confident about that.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester United?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Here’s hoping we can get a surprise win!

• chicousa

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:07 PM

If Howey’s statement about an announcement today turns out to be false then either he made it all up or his “inside / reliable” source lied to him. That source may have in turn been lied to….etc.

Proposal: the only way to trace back the source of the true lie is for Howey or any other ITKs (OLG) who have been misled is to reveal their source, right back up the chain to the original lier! A price should be paid for lies of this nature! Harrump!

• ilovetoon8788

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:09 PM

===
    new Partnership means there is absolutely no chance a takeover is happening. so hopefully that’s the last of the fakeover we hear and OLG can go crawl back to his cave.
    prediction for today.
    Newcastle 0 Man 5.

• AncientC

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:12 PM

Jib, you were not being ironic with your views on Keegan. You have been adamant enough over the years that Keegan was pulling a swindle. Going to great lengths to sully his name. All in the name of irony, eh? What a pointless and damaging exercise either way.

• geordiemark

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:12 PM

I don’t think anything will come out of either steve howeys mouth nor sky sports mr graves, I don’t think there be any transfers at all really not even loan ones, we already have 2 loans, our home record is really shocking ive never seen a home record like ours since the days of Richard dinnis when that arsehole lee left to take over everton our relegation season, they couldn’t buy a win then, to me I think there to set up to defend really and at home that doesn’t work out well because if you don’t have a good home record in this league your down end off

• bettyswallocks

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:13 PM

ChicOusa……… Well said. Although the difference between Steve Howey and OLG is that Howey wasn’t trying to gain kudos and draw attention to himself. Therefore if OLG’s claims prove to be false after all the attention he has gleaned for himself at our expense, then his punishment needs to be extremely severe.

• Nufc 4ever

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:13 PM

8788 im certain not your iq thick as

• geordiemark

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:15 PM

bettyswallocks

the thing is though howey shouldn’t have said anything, he should have known better then a day later oh don’t shoot the messenger

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:16 PM

Missed the bus again.

Zele
    Re. Your earlier question about the number of English players we have, as far as I know most of the U23s are English and most of them are Geordies.

Of the current 1st team squad as far as I can see 7 are English with 3 other UK players.

• geordiemark

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:18 PM

my take on OLG is simple really we have all been led up the garden path over the past 11 years with mike micky mouse Ashley and when come out on the forums saying I have it on good authority then I think they should be banned for life if it isn’t true its as simple as that

• hibbit

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:18 PM

TNMW

there were never any threats against Ashley family, Northumbria Police have confirm on more than one occasion that they have receive no complaints either from Mr Ashley the Club or any of his representatives regarding any abuse or threats to his family.

a vicious pr lie spread to gain public opinion …..which obviously worked when some of our own supporters believed it

• Reilly

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:19 PM

DIdn’t jib once say that keegan was the worst thing to happen to the club,as it give fans to high expectations.He dosnt like Shearer aswell.
    Typical 92er. 😛 😆

• chicousa

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:20 PM

bettyswallocks,
    Yes, If OnlineGuy has been lied to then he should reveal his source, or else incur the wrath of the blogosphere! I just hope his source is not some anonymous handle by some hamm radio operating makem!

• Jib

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:21 PM

I cannot quite follow the logic of NUFC
    announcing a new preferred travel partner
    meaning there’s no possibility of a takeover.

Strange reasoning

• geordiemark

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:22 PM

hibbit

yeah I thought that to, typical Ashley pr stunt isn’t it, well we will all soon find out the 1st of February and if Ashley thinks hes been insulted by the fans he hasn’t really seen anything yet

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:22 PM

Having missed a lot of the Beans /Marmite recipes info, I’d like to add that spreading Marmite on toast then grilling cheddar over it is very nice.

Also I add tomato ketchup to my beans whilst cooking them as they seem to be very insipid nowadays, even the better quality ones like Heinz. Probably cos they are having to cut down on the sugar and salt content.

• kimbo

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:22 PM

If we can keep the score down to 4-0 we will be lucky. So Dummett the players are going to give their all tonight, so will I be impressed when I walk out of the ground tonight?

• Mister Tuff

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:24 PM

Jib Jibberish – you have previous form slagging off Toon icons over several years. Now wriggling like a worm, nay, a snake.

Looks like you have started off 2019 with you usual buffoonery and low class behaviour. You will have to be dealt with as usual.

• Optimistic Panda

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:25 PM

Betty

I wouldn’t even throw fruit or call him a,name.

He ain’t the first or last that Ashley has pulled the wool

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:25 PM

There may not have been any actual threats against Ashlies family but wasn’t there quiet a lot of abuse from the crowd when they attended matches with him?

• geordiemark

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:28 PM

Essex Geordie Bill

I am surprised Ashley has the balls to sit in the ground after what hes done to the club really but after January goes maybe he wont be so brave then

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:28 PM

quite not quiet!

• DaveD1000

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:30 PM

My preferred method with Marmite and toast, is to spread very thickly, then holding one corner using finger and thumb, frisbee flip it into the sea.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:30 PM

geordiemark

Hopefully he won’t have too very soon!

• Bambams

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:31 PM

Steve Howey is a Sunderland lad and fan, make no bones about that. We had him for a talk in about 5 years ago, part of the agreement we had to pick him up and get him home, yours truly offered to carry this out.

Spent a good five hours with him and he loves Newcastle United.

He has definitely been told something from someone he trusts, we can narrow this down to probably a handful of people still within the NUFC umbrella.

If no announced is made tonight then it means nothing, I would only rule out a takeover happening now if Kenyon came forward stating they could not agree terms.

I for one do not think the price will be the problem, I think Ash will want merchandise and advertising which will be a stickler for any new owner taking over.

You know if we become more successful ( not difficult) the shirt sales will rocket again, this would be something any new owner would want to be able to reap the benefits from – not the former tw@t of an owner.

So in relation to Howeys claim, just ‘Standby to standby, no change, no change’

• geordiemark

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:31 PM

for the life of me I honestly don’t know how 52,000 fans haven’t hardly said a dickybird to Ashley while hes been sitting in his seat having a smug face on his clock without any fans having a right go at him it amazes me thank god I don’t go anymore because I couldn’t hold back id be at him

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:31 PM

DaveD but that would add too much salt to it, surely?

• RobLeenio

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:33 PM

I think there’s a lot of folk putting 2+2 together and making 5.

If Howey’s prediction does not come true, that doesn’t equate to the takeover being finished, just that his info is inaccurate to some unconfirmed degree and for what could be any number of reasons.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:33 PM

4 Hours 25 Minutes to KO

• bettyswallocks

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:34 PM

Jib……… OLG reckons you were very close to the mark of identifying his contact which would enlighten us all considerably.

Surely a man of your journalistic investigatory ability can go back through your posts and piece it together.

• geordiemark

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:34 PM

Bambams

couple of questions if you know the answers, I know the club doesn’t own the ground but do they own the training ground and the academy, I read this morning from an old message board in june 2010 that the club doesn’t own any of them can you spread any light on this by any chance

• Shadow_Shearer

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:39 PM

Right People, as the clock ticks on for the united game, we are hours away and it doesn’t take a fortune teller to know that there won’t be the announcement today.

The time has come to put a plan together to remove the fat man. this plan must be made and ready for the 1st Feb. I’m not the best at making plans as I think with my emotions rather than my mind. I was thinking something along the lines of we all stand outside a sport direct shop of your choosing with a brick and vandalise his properties.

Ok maybe not the best idea. But we have hundred of thousands of willing participants with us, all we need is the right plan in place. We have 1 month to get this plan drawn up on the board.

We have enough intelligence between us to figure a way out. it’s now or never. Do you all want another relegation, or do yous want to see an end of this oppression???

• hibbit

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:39 PM

Essex Geordie Bill

in the present political correct environment do you honestly think that the match commander would not have taken some action or at least made a statement regarding any abuse verbal or other wise directed at Ashley’s family ??
    bearing in mind the amount of cctv coverage inside st james

PR stunt that backfired when northumbria police confirmed no complaints had been made and Ashley quickly backed off

• bettyswallocks

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:40 PM

Bambam’s……….. Surely if Howey’s a Sunderland lad and fan at heart then although he may claim to love Newcastle his loyalties will be on Wearside.
    This gives more credence to the idea that he could be at it!

• Bambams

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:42 PM

GeordieMark

Mate I have no idea if we own the training ground, I would imagine we do but that is just a hunch with the little development they have done on it and the proposed new plans for it (newish)

• geordiemark

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:46 PM

Shadow_Shearer

hmm I was thinking along the lines of bricking the hole shop doors up with quick drying concrete soon stop sales then 🙂 I was thinking this morning of auf wiedersehen pet when they bricked up the pub door hahaha

• geordiemark

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:47 PM

Bambams

ok cheers for that

• geordiemark

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:47 PM

whole shop oops

• toon22

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:48 PM

That’s a new one
    Blaming Kegan for MAs greed
    Didn’t he win his court case?

Hiya KBA

• geordiemark

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:49 PM

can you imagine that aye every shite direct shops doorways all bricked up with quick drying concrete he could never live that one down 🙂 the media would lap it up well except sly sky sports that is 🙂

• Bambams

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:52 PM

bettyswallocks

Mate that could be true, but let’s face it he has had more than enough time and opportunities to have done this previously.

I don’t think for one minute he would do this out of spite, he still on occasions does the sky sports punditry we are playing, if this was to come out he led us fans up the garden path there goes his £5k appearance and a free couple of pints