web analytics

Martin Dubravka Attracting Attention From Major Clubs

There’s a report in the Mirror today that Newcastle goalkeeper is attracting attention again from Juventus, and other big clubs have been scouting the talented Newcastle United goalkeeper.

The Mirror (Simon Bird) reports that Dubravka has become “a rock” for Newcastle both on and off the field.

As soon as Martin arrived on the final day of last January’s transfer window he has been ultra professional and confident – and he has played brilliantly for Newcastle.

Rafa Benitez talks to Martin Dubravka after the Fulham game

He has now played 32 times for the club and has been the first choice ever since he arrived.

Rafa thinks highly of his £4M capture from Sparta Prague in the summer and had this to say in the MIrror report:

“If he continues to do well, it is good for us. If he attracts interest, it means he is doing well, positive, doing well — but also negative, because it means they are attacking a lot!

“He’s an important player for us; not just because of the saves that he is making.”

“But because of his character and his attitude, too. He is very professional, he is very positive.”

“So he’s someone that is always good for any team and is a key voice in the dressing room.”

It’s true he is so consistent he can be taken for granted. It’s not easy to have a very good keeper.”

“But when you have one them it’s important.”

Dubravka’s first game for us was the 1-0 win at home to Manchester United with Dubravka magnificent in the Newcastle goal throughout that game.

We will hope for the same tonight against the Red Devils as Dubravka continues to make a big name for himself in the Newcastle goal.

Howay The Lads!!

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester United?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• c-dog

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:13 AM

“NUFC was never going to a priority, it was to be a vessel for SD”

• RobLeenio

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Dubs has been brilliant for us and is fast becoming one of our most valuable assets. Rafa may cash in on him to fund some purchases at some point, but I don’t think that time is here yet.

I’m back in the office, overlooking SJP (well, a small corner of the Galowgate from a distance) and, given the significance of Steve Howey Day, will be on strict chopper watch. Hang on to your hats, it could be a roller coaster.
    😛

• NezzaNUFC

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:19 AM

understand that many call this a fake over and another excuse to not spend in this window but surely Mike is on his last straw?

If this is remotely the case of not spending this 20 million (which Rafa made in profits) then I would believe all fans would go against Mike almost instantly, this includes not attending games home and away, losing Rafa 100%, no purchase of any NUFC merchandise and other things to hit Mike’s pockets, even relegation which in hand would lose money for Mike and club valuation would drop significantly.

So would Mike Ashley take this chance?

Because in reality it’s his last chance!

• NezzaNUFC

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:20 AM

Sub should be worth 40 million of anyone money!

• NezzaNUFC

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:21 AM

Dub not sub lol

• hibbit

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:24 AM

RobLeenio

flags and bunting ordered Champagne on ice 😉

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:25 AM

Zele,
    What kind of moronic poster would use the fact that we are desperate for a PL standard LB cover as a stick to beat the manager with over his style of play?

• NezzaNUFC

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:26 AM

Rob

We all hope but I don’t see anything happening today, media would be all over what Howey stated, is there any media outside the ground?

• RobLeenio

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:27 AM

NezzaNUFC #3 – totally agree. If his Sky News interview, his posturing around the possible takeover and his obvious courting of potential buyers comes to nought and he also fails to invest in the squad, the gloves are off as far as I’m concerned.

I’ve been one of many who sat on the fence with regards protests, I actually argued against protests in the stadium and with justifiable reasons, in my opinion.

If he lets us down on this once more, I’ll support any and all action we can take to force his hand, although granted by that point it may be too late. Arguably it was anyway.

• hibbit

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:28 AM

RobLeenio

but i do think there’s a good chance of the Champagne being vintage before i’ll get to pop it 🙂

• Rob1971

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:30 AM

See John Hall thinks that any takeover is not imminent yet:

“The club is in limbo. Mike’s had enough and for everyone’s sake, the sooner he moves on the better. That’s my fervent wish for 2019.

“But it’s imperative whoever he sells to has the finance to take this magnificent club forward.

“It’s not just about coughing up £300m – and from what I hear, there’s nothing yet on the table – but having the resources to change the whole club and buy players who can take us to we’re we should be.”

• RobLeenio

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:30 AM

hibbit, I hope you have a lot of ice, just in case….

Nezza, I didn’t see any evidence of media this morning walking out of the SJP metro, but that means nothing at 8am, I guess. I’m too far away to see anything like that now.

• NezzaNUFC

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:33 AM

What gives me good vibes about this is the total silence on the situation concerning the takeover, granted a couple of clickbait media outlets to quickly make money on our demise but nothing as yet has officially been reported.

Whomever is this bidder as I’ve stated before must be a powerful person to keep all the media on their toes.

• NezzaNUFC

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:36 AM

If this is a ruse though I can only imagine the havok this will start after January.

• NezzaNUFC

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:38 AM

No problem Rob, keep your eyes on the sky lol

And other who are walking and driving past keep an eye on around the ground 😉

• hibbit

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:39 AM

NezzaNUFC
    or there’s No bidder and its just another ashLIE scam,
    that would explain the silence 😉

• thatmatt

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:41 AM

If we get 100,000 Toon fans to each put in £4000, we’ll have £400 million, enough for the club and some new players. Time to start a Just Giving page! Going to be a tough game tonight, I’ve done a preview on my new NUFC blog and would welcome any readers from this fine blog; the web is big enough for two! But I’m not trying to take any from Ed’s – I still visit here multiple times a day! https://nufc.home.blog

• hibbit