Newcastle Cannot Let This Player Leave This Month

Ki Sung-yueng picked up a hamstring injury in South Korea’s 1-0 win over the Philippines in Group C of the Asian Cup this week.

It’s said to only be a slight injury.

Jonjo Shelvey will be in Barcelona this week checking on his thigh injury with a specialist after it seems to flare up when he plays, and he’s had the injury over two months now.

And Mo Diame picked up a knock and is nursing what is hopefully only a minor problem.

But with that background, it would seem to be ludicrous to allow Isaac Hayden to leave the club this month.

IsaaHaydenen – will stay until the summer?

He still wants away and both Leeds United and West Brom in the Championship are keen on taking him.

Isaac put in a transfer request and wants to leave for family reasons.

Rafa rates the central midfielder who is a technically gifted player and doesn’t want to lose him – especially halfway through what is another relegation fighting season for Newcastle.

We are so sick of Newcastle fighting relegation and this is the fourth PL season running we have been fighting against relegation.

Hayden has only made nine appearances so far this season but he has featured in each of the last four matches.

Rafa will have to let Hayden leave but that is likely to be in the summer when Newcastle can bring in a replacement for the former Arsenal player.

What do you think?

• barkel

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:22 AM

Hibbit on previous, I forgot about the agents fees and having to pay the man! We could get him for 5mil and he might turn out to be the record signing everyone is looking for.

• c-dog

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:27 AM

Agents fees hinder all clubs
    You never see Huddersfield or Bournemouth or Brighton or Wolves or Burnley or Southampton or crystal palace breaking the 10 million mark either

That’s what jib told me

Our owner is cheapskate

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:27 AM

Brahimi will be looking at wages of at least 100k plus! Far too ambitious for us even though we were apparently paying wages like this when we were in the championship……..

• SColl

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:29 AM

is it 1st Feb yet?

Ashley OUT

• martoon

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:29 AM

Jail – just noticed your previous question about eligible players. I think if we had wanted to we could have played up to 4 players with first team experience with a maximum of 2 who have played more than 40 first team games – I think that’s the rules but quite happy to be corrected if I’m wrong!

• The overrated Frenchman

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:31 AM

What I think is that he should have been allowed to leave before the season began and contingency plans put in place then to replace him. He hasn’t looked fit for purpose this season. Woodman should be out on loan as well getting experience playing against the grown ups. Poor management on show in cases.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:33 AM

cheers Martoon,
    So if we had 25 points on the board then we could have given them a right good go?

• Mag :P

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:33 AM

Anyone care to tell me about the good times under this club?

I’ve only ever known Ashley’s tenure and its really tough to stay in love.

Sad when my biggest cheer regarding Newcastle will be when Ashley leaves. We should be having much bigger aspirations. 52k + fans don’t deserve this.

• martoon

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:39 AM

Jail @7 – I guess so although I don’t know how many Premiership clubs do – I know Man City U21’s played last night but no idea if they did or not?

• martoon

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:44 AM

In the absence of Jib I’ve had to Google it myself

No names there I recognise so I guess they were all U21’s

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:44 AM

martoon,
    I think there was a lot more at stake last night, a win yesterday would have shoved that six in a row right up their noses. We’re simply not set up to succeed at any level. The only two times he has put money in to benefit the team was the two times in the Championship, the 80M squandered on McLaren was to make money on the play ers then to stave off relegation.

• Genjikai

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:44 AM

Mag Shearer banging in goals, Sir Bobbys team. That was what i was brought up on. Sad really, as before ashley came all ive grown up with was Newcastle being competative.
    So you can understand from my view point my anger towards ashley, we should be so much further ahead than we are now. As its been stated before we a a shell of a club now, ashley has made it that wa.
    Such a shame this just shows you mag isnt that much younger than me a whole generation the toon is about to lose.
    Ashley shame on you.

• Mag :P

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:58 AM

All I can do is watch old YouTube videos and documentaries. But it all just seems so far away now.

I completely missed ‘the entertainers’ era and now I’m stuck with this mess haha.

Not missed a game (albeit through streams) since I fully committed to the toon at around 14 years old (7 years ago) but these days it’s getting a lot easier to be like ‘do I really want to waste another 90 minutes of my life’?

Watching us struggle against newly promoted Cardiff and Fulham shows how far we have fallen and there’s only one man to blame.

I can’t wait to see the back of him.

• martoon

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:58 AM

Mag:P – I’m afraid I’m old enough to remember winning the Fairs Cup. We’d only just scraped in for entry with our league position because of the way the Cup winners fell so nobody expected us to do well. I was too young to go to an evening game and there were no live games on TV then (except the FA cup final) but remember vividly huddled around the radio listening to the commentary. Of course it was Medium Wave (AM) then so the signal kept coming and going but we just about kept up – unbelievable that Bob Moncur scored 3 goals – he wasn’t known for that.
    When the lads came home the cup was paraded around the city in an open top bus and we went to that – there were thousands there.

• c-dog

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:12 AM

@rob

Since the premier league era began we’ve had many great players. And some superstars. To name a few.

Cole
    Beardsley
    Ginola
    Ferdinand
    Asprilla
    Shearer
    Hamann
    Robert
    Solano
    Bellamy

All players worth paying to see.
    Currently we don’t have any players worth paying to see. We had some under Ashley.
    Carrol
    Cabaye
    Tiote
    Ba
    Cisse (briefly)
    Sissoko(on his 1/15 good games)
    Wijinaldum(away only)

Now we try our hardest to find something in the likes of Ki & Fernandez when the reality is they are far from having anything special

• scout

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:14 AM

Just get this Bradley Dack in from Blackburn has to be better than Perez in the 10 role.
    Also, if we sign no one were down it’s that simple. What an absolute idiot MA is if he can just do nothing and let it happen.

• martoon

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:22 AM

c-dog@15 – I think I’d add Ben Arfa to your under Ashley list.
    Also I think it’s been proved that Mag:p was not Rob Vollens!

• Genjikai

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:23 AM

I used to love watching us play its always been the same really. A mix of quality and shite all in the same team.
    Watching nobby ,robert, gary speed, lee bowyer, most of our team wernt world beaters back then but by god could we match anyone on our day.
    It was always a stupid mistake that cost us never that we didnt have quality on the pitch.

• Genjikai

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:27 AM

Mag i started life with keegans era though, was young but thats what my first memories of the toon are.
    Like a said in my eyes we were always the underdog but everyones favourite 2nd team.
    Ashley has destroyed what could of been a beautiful destiny.
    It could of veen all different. He would of had the keys to the city his shops full of buyers as loyal followers. He has got this all wrong ashley.
    His empire could of been amazing.
    Sadly his greed is astonashing.

• c-dog

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:28 AM

Mart

Ben arfa on his day yip
    I don’t even know who Rob Vollans is

• Genjikai

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:31 AM

I reckon hes hoping we do protest so he can blame the fans for the none sale of the club.
    We truly are in limbo.
    Do we fight for our right or stand and take the shit thats served up by ashley?

• martoon

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:36 AM

hibbit @19 – Good article that is basically saying the same as Toon22 but in a more eloquent way. :mrgreen:

• kc2012

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:39 AM

It’s crazy to think that it wasn’t actually too long ago since we had Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa. At the time it didn’t seem that exciting but now we’ve got Joselu, Perez, Hayden and Murphy and we seem light years away from even having a squad near that level. I think Ba scored 16 one season, not a massive amount of goals but for us to have a player score 16 nowadays would be impossible.

Even then we wasn’t considered a very good side apart from that 1 season, no wonder people on the outside just see us as an easy target now.

I wonder how much Ben Arfa in his prime would’ve been worth in Today’s valuations.

• Dondatta13

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:42 AM

In the EPL era I would like to salute the midfield generals….

G. Speed (R.I.P)
    R Lee
    D Batty
    and mentioned above C Tiote (R.I.P)

• Ron Knee

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:43 AM

@15

Rémy was a good player too.

• Genjikai

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:45 AM

Dondatta hear hear.
    Mass respect to all that gave 100 percent for the toon.
    No matter what part of the world they came from, when they give one hundred percent for us theyre a geordie forever.

• Genjikai

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:46 AM

Remy should of been a great player for us. Again greed got the better.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:47 AM

Mike Ashley has drained the fun out of transfer windows to such an extent that even @soccersauce can’t be arsed to make stuff up.

• c-dog

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:50 AM

Woodgate was also a colossus when fit
    We haven’t had many better center halves
    Done enough with us to convince Madrid to sign him

• hibbit

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:52 AM

martoon
    the frog was on the money just his presentation was off !!

• Dondatta13

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:52 AM

Woodgate was a Rolls Royce when fit

• Genjikai

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:54 AM

Chancel, this is the first transfer window where i am actually not expecting out. Its a weird feeling but am not even botherd, dont expect anything from ashley. He has well and truely given up on Newcastle .

• hibbit

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:55 AM

Woodgate

pure quality footballing center half, just a shame we all have to add when fit !!

• Genjikai

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:59 AM

Only huddersfield up to now added to there squad. Getting players in early. Adds odds to survival guess they are taking prem security seriously.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:01 AM

Genjikai, I used to enjoy transfer windows; checking out players we were linked with, reading the rumours and ITK offerings. Even though I knew the vast majority was BS, I still believed they were possibilities and that we’d sign some players in the end. Now it’s pointless, I’ll just wait untill 28th Jan and see which loans we’re linked with.

• Genjikai

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Same mate its always been the thrill. But now its just plain to see. No excitment what so ever.
    Dont even bother watching transfer deadline day.
    Ana it was shite and nowt ever materialised but you ways had hope.
    Mind you when that present got a dildo stuck in his ear, tv comedy gold that like.
    Probly get arrested for that now.

• RobLeenio

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:04 AM

Townsend was a cracking player for us too, for all of 4 months. I still see him as one who got away, fatty should have spent the money to bring him back when we were promoted.

We couldn’t afford him now…

• Genjikai

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:07 AM

Tbh robleenio i blame that one on townsend. He should of stayed with us in the champo.
    His short term goals didnt materialise think that was down to him me.

• Dondatta13

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:08 AM

Midfield generals Pt 2 …

I would also make honourable mentions for…

L Bowyer
    J Barton
    K Nolan

along with the guys I mentioned earlier, the opposition must of looked at the team sheets and they would known they were in for a battle that day.