Date Confirmed For FA Cup Tie

Newcastle have just confirmed the date for the 4th round of the FA Cup if Newcastle manage to beat Blackburn Rovers away next week in the 3rd round replay.

This is the information Newcastle have just released on their website along with Watford FC.

A date has been confirmed for Newcastle United or Blackburn Rovers’ FA Cup fourth-round tie against Watford.

The winners of United’s third round replay at Rovers on Tuesday night will host the Hornets on Saturday, 26th January, with kick-off set for 3pm.

That means that should the Magpies see off Rovers at Ewood Park, they would face Javi Gracia’s men at St. James’ Park.

Further details will be announced in due course.

The question is what kind of team will Rafa field in next week’s replay.

A week tomorrow we have a crucial league game at home to Cardiff City and that’s a must-win game for the club

How Will Newcastle Fare At Chelsea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Genjikai

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:30 AM

Its gets to me when i hear we cant afford. Ofcourse we can afford just look at what other clubs in the bottom half of the league pull out on players.
    Ofcourse we as newcastle united can afford it. We dont need ashley to fund us. Just let the club fund itself.
    Ashley just fcuk off man.

• Genjikai

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Just remember that,
    We are the Geordies,
    The Geordie boot boys,
    And we are mental,
    And we are mad,
    We are the loyalist football supporters,
    The world has ever had.

The cause we are fighting for is Newcastle united freedom. Dont just stand there, do something about it.
    Stand up and be counted.

• Reilly

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:34 AM

George Caulkin
    @CaulkinTheTimes

This notion of Bishop being a PR puppet-master, shaping debate around the club, responsible for every ‘negative’ story, just isn’t accurate. Trust me, he isn’t that clever/competent.

😆

• Singinginthecorner

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Sorry repost new story.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but this story comes from the sun lol what do they know, what does anyone know, well I’ll tell you they know nothing bloody nothing it’s all speculation and click bait. The reason they put a non disclosure in place is so no information gets disclosure, if it was then the person that did would be sacked. This is now just a waiting game until 31st of Jan then let the fun begin.

• ToonRich

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:36 AM

If Kenyon’s bid is real, could he be trying his luck and hiding his fortunes in the hope he doesnt have to fork out MA’s asking price, thus leave himself more £££ after we’ve been bought?!

• Genjikai

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:38 AM

Sitc
    Sadly your right i hope its not too late by then, if he doesnt sell and doesnt invest. I just hope its the catalyst to unite the fan base truely as one entity.

• hibbit

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:39 AM

ashleysmate

any credibility Kenyon had/has is quickly evaporating having his good name attached to this fiasco

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:42 AM

So its a footy free afternoon on Saturday 26th then

• Bambams

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:50 AM

Boys I am no takeover specialist however I do recall Ash stating unless he saw the colour of the money potential investors were not going anywhere near his books for due diligence.

Add to that the legal costs are reported £500,000 to complete due diligence.

There is no way Kenyon did not have the money for the price Ash was asking.

I wonder if the initial asking price included advertising and percentage of merchandise….Not what any buyer would want, not even sure what stage this might have been brought up. Maybe Kenyon has not agreed to this so ash has now hiked the price up for a clean break ? Guess work I know.

I do not believe the Sun newspaper and to me they can’t find out what is happening but need to sell papers. It’s The Sun !

Add to this even if you take this to be accurate, according to ash there are three other buyers interested, I just don’t think we can take anything in the press at the minute.

I do think we need to hear something this next 7 days though or even I will give up with the hope.

What a mess, where can I get a frog avatar !

• Bambams

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:51 AM

Singinthecorner #4

Exactly mate

• Genjikai

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:55 AM

Bambams who do you have to pay for the due dilegence.
    Is that to ashleys pocket aswell?

• Tsunki

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:56 AM

Are you a prince and want to be turned into a frog? We can help! Custom made avatars at http://www.frogmeupgood.com. No frog too small. No returns.

• Mag :P

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:57 AM

“I believe supporting the players is supporting the club transfer policy.”

Eh. Don’t agree.

Each to there own.

The players themselves have nothing to do with our transfer policy, they can’t help how expensive they are perceived. It’s not there fault that Newcastle has to search in the bin because we can’t afford players good enough for the toon.

All (in my opinion) we should do – as fans- is expect 100 percent effort and commitment in each game from them. Booing them because of a lack of quality is done in extremely bad taste. Booing because of a lack of effort makes much more sense to me, personally.

• c-dog

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:57 AM

Bambams

Ash could potentially be stringing Kenyon along
    It’s great free exposure for the club who’s primary function is to advertise sports direct

• c-dog

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:59 AM

@rob

Like I said, if they were all we could afford I’d support them. But we can afford a lot more.

• Bambams

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:59 AM

Genjikai

I am not sure mate, I would imagine so much will be for your legal team (costs/fees) but I am sure Stavely was charged £350,000 which went to Ashley if my memory serves me right.

• hibbit

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM

i just don’t get why Kenyon is letting his good name and reputation be dragged through the mud, why has he said nothing apart from that stupid letter.
    I just don’t get it why ??????????

• Genjikai

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:01 AM

Another nice little money maker ashley is making for himself off the toons back.

• Tsunki

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:02 AM

Trouble is with NDA’s the penalties for contravention can be a lot more than just getting sacked. There could be financial penalties, not just loss of deposits but actual “say a word and if it traces back to you, it’ll cost you £10m ” sort of thing. Knowing this, anyone can speculate and say all sorts of things quoting g the infamous “reliable source” – hence you get all these different stories from people with their own agenda whether it’s self glorification, the potential kudos of guessing it right, to get likes or retweets, or earn money from selling tomorrow’s glass cleaning material or chip wrappers.

That’s why it has ALWAYS been, and ALWAYS WILL BE, a wait until the rotund chanteuse practises her scales.

• Bambams

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:03 AM

C-dog

Who knows fella, you may be right.

I just get frustrated when I read about Kenyon doing a bit of karaoke work in the local clubs to raise a few million extra.

I know there are still some who don’t believe it but I can guarantee the money was proven by 12th December to ash – then my source became involved. In their words ‘we wouldn’t have been involved unless the money was there ‘.

I just wish the whole situation was sorted, I will give Toon22 this mind – if it doesn’t go through this time it will never go through !

Cheers boys

• Mag :P

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:08 AM

That’s a really strange way of looking at things cdog.

Again, how is it there fault? Why do they deserve to get hate?

That should be aimed at the man supplying the lack of funds? Surely?

There is already enough negativity surrounding our club.

• Genjikai

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:10 AM

Mag p the only negativity around the club is ashley.
    Remove ashley and positivity will flow.
    Peace on the toon.

• Genjikai

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:11 AM

We really are yin and yang.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:17 AM

Ashley said he’d need to see they had 450m before he’d sell. He said they’d need 300m to buy and also need to show 150m in reserve for building the club up. Maybe Kenyon has got the 300m needed to buy the club but is struggling to raise the rest. If anyone buys the club and has no money for transfers it’s very likely they will soon have a championship club, only this time we won’t have players to sell for big money nor a chairman who can “give” the club a loan. It will be much more difficult to come up this time, especially as we’ll probably have Moyes or Bruce in charge.

If it’s true that Kenyon is going around asking people for 1 million, then he’d probably be asking a lot of people for that sum and it would be common knowledge by now. I’d never believe anything I read in the Sun.

• hibbit

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:20 AM

The next Mike Williamson
    I’ve seen this said before but were and when did Ashley say that, ??????

• geordietom

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:21 AM

ok i’ve got a theory why wor team is crap at the moment and why we have a shite owner …

a couple of months ago my missus came across my old adidas newcastle stadium coat ( as we had’nt long moved house ) she put it in the washer … i’ve been wearing it for the past couple of months … anyway we have gone badly down hill … crap results … players getting injured left right and centre… RAFA ticked off big time … false news… ASHLEY still at wor club … so i blame the stupid thing … its gone in the back of the wardrobe never to see the light of day again … so blame me for all the crap… i think the coat cursed us…think i’l have a lifting the curse ceremony tonight and burn the bloody thing in me brazier …

• SPRINGY

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:21 AM

Ashley isn’t bothered how long this is dragged out….the longer the better for him,the longer this goes on,the less pressure he is under to buy players… he’s laughin ryt now…. but as soon as the window shuts and he cba any more he’ll pull the plug and do like he did with stavely….what did he say…no money and tyre kickers or something like that.

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:28 AM

I’m gonna dress up in a frog suit and kidnap the fat kernt. Shouting Hiya KBA and Undisclosed payments whilst slapping with a wet kipper

• c-dog

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:28 AM

@rob

I’m not saying it’s any players fault
    My point is their presence at the club is Ashley induced. And will not support anything mike Ashley has introduced to Newcastle

• martoon

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:28 AM

On topic we’re supposed to be playing Man City the following Tuesday- will this still go ahead if we play Saturday?

• The next Mike Williamson

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:28 AM

I can’t remember Hibbit. I thought I’d read it on the Chronicle website, but maybe I just heard it on here.

• Mag :P

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:35 AM

Why support the club at all then?

With your logic you haven’t supported anything Newcastle related for 10 years. Does that include rafa aswell since Ashley brought him here?

• Dubs Left Glove

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:39 AM

The Frog was right…..

Nothing to see here lads…please move along.

• c-dog

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:40 AM

@rob

You said yourself you don’t know anything other than Ashley’s Newcastle. I’ve followed Newcastle a lot longer. And lived through some great days at the club. If you’d experienced the same you’d understand where I come from.

Ashley will go one and we’ll have a hurrah then
    I’ll always support the club but I will never support club policies I disagree with

• RobLeenio

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:41 AM

hibbit, The Next Mike, I think Dennis Wise said something along those lines in a TalkSport interview and it has since been taken as gospel, perhaps wrongly, though Wise is perhaps closer to Ashley than most.

• c-dog

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:41 AM

@rob

Ashley pays Rafa the going rate
    If he signed players at the going rate I’d quickly change my tune as he’d be running the club correctly

• RobLeenio

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:44 AM

c-dog, I’ve supported the club roughly the same time as you, I think (early 80s) and I don’t really get where you’re coming from.

If the lads pull on the black and white and take the field with desire and determination, they’ll always get my support.

• c-dog

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:47 AM

@roblen

I respect your choice
    It’s not mine however

• RobLeenio

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:51 AM

Fair enough, not trying to tell you how to support the club, I have some sympathy with what you’re saying, just a different point of view

• lesh

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:53 AM

But if Ashley will only sell to someone who has the means to take the club forward, will someone explain why he’s prepared to let the club be relegated for the third time on his watch?