Fans Vent Frustration At Lukaku Deal Falling Through – Time Running Out

Nothing is easy at Newcastle and that includes each transfer window where the Newcastle make it looks like getting a player in on loan or permanently us the most difficult thing in the world.

The Jordan Lukaku loan did not go through when the player failed his medical last night.

We thought this transfer would be important becasue it’s the last one for Rafa with his current contract which runs out on June 30th.

But it’s just like the other January windows with Mike Ashley refusing to give Rafa financial backing and leaving things until the last minute.

Jordan Lukaku – failed his medical last night

This is incompetence in action.

The fans are not happy.

Is this why he failed his medical?

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Watford?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Optimistic Panda

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:40 AM

The conditions for a perfect storm are just aligning off shore, batten down the hatches Mr Ashley.

• Optimistic Panda

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:46 AM

All I’m waiting for now is Kinnear to phone Talk sport and announce his return.

• Jib

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:48 AM

Ed says
    Mike Ashley leaving things until the last minute.

Errm
    Steve Nickson went to Atlanta and met with Almiron
    and his agent Daniel Campos on 28th November.
    Some fans panned the club for that.
    You just can’t win with some folks

• bill

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:51 AM

OP,

I hope that you are right. All I hear are words (angry, but lets get behind the team) and not much action.

• bill

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:52 AM

Jib,

And

• bill

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:54 AM

I’m looking forward to reading Rafa’s book when he decides to reveal all.

• Jib

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:57 AM

bill
    I hope he makes a better job of it than
    Keegan – no revelations in his book

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:57 AM

There’s not many comments up there I’d disagree with.

OP, I suspect your right… I do firmly believe that the turn of February will see the turning of the tide

• giimps

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:57 AM

I can see Cashleys plan, get more academy players into the first team, then turn to Rafa and tell him we don’t need an upgrade on the training buildings, we have 4-5. Players from the academy in the first team……more than any of the other 7richest clubs in the premier league……admittedly we probably won’t be in the premier league next season but I’ll have saved the £50 you were after for the new light bulbs and I’ll have squirreled 2 seasons of premier league tv money away out of the club by then so it’s all good

• Optimistic Panda

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:58 AM

I’m a sucker for punishment, I’m watching premier league legends on Netflix and Ginola is first on, just signing under Keegan.

1st goal at Sheffield, I think ill cry now!

• Mindshaft

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:59 AM

I give up , we are the biggest joke in the league – clubs heart being torn out by indifference and lack of investment – sjp is in a right state , training ground is a joke and no investment in players or infrastructure – if anyone on here shops at sports direct or Ashley’s other tat shops you should hang your head in shame

• Jib

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:03 AM

It occurs to me that I got panned yesterday
    for using a rather crude phrase in joking
    with Bettyswallocks with some pompous
    gits getting on their high horse and reminding
    me that kids could use the blog and Ed tells
    us to keep it clean.

HAVE YOU READ SOME OF THOSE TWITTER
    COMMENTS ABOVE ?

• DaveD1000

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:08 AM

it gave me a laugh

• Bambams

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:11 AM

If what we read is correct at we are £4 million apart for the fee of Almiron, why not suggest to his agent to waive his £4 million fee and agree to paying it in a few years/when we sell Almiron to his next club. Even offer him £5 million if his player makes the grade – lets face it, if the agent is asking such a high fee does this suggest he expects Almiron to make more transfers. Always a risk with MLS even if the kid does look good.

• TomaKaThor

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:32 AM

Dont believe for a second we ever bid for Almiron

• BeeGuy

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:49 AM

That 19 million purchase clause was to make sure he failed the physical.

This was all a show.

4 days till NUFC start the serious shopping for whatever bodies they can find in the gutter.

• beefman13

Jan 26, 2019 at 11:48 AM

Look it will probably be a last minute signing and a loan job on the 29thJan give or take a day or two, we know the score surely, wages saved for the month, now, if Benitez stays after all this carry on, then he has made his bed., no complaints Rafa after that, it’s your decision.