web analytics

Press Conference – Excellent News On Injuries – Almiron Is A Fit, Mobile And Dynamic Lad

Rafa Benitez has just given his press conference for the difficult game at Wolves on Monday night against a newly promoted side who are in good form at the moment.

There’s very good news in the injury front with only Jonjo Shelvey and Rob Elliott not fit – the rest of the squad is available for Monday.

So it looks like local lad Sean Longstaff will start the game – he’s been outstanding for us recently.

Rafa Benitez – at a press conference

Here’s some of what Rafa has said in his press conference:

“We are much better. Apart from Jonjo and Elliot, everyone else is fit and available.”

“They have been training. We have big decisions to make on both the starting eleven and the squad in general. It is good news and competition is good.”

“Always it’s important to have everyone fit if possible. Players can be more tired and it is a more risky time for everyone.”

“They accumulate so many minutes but it is good to have bodies and competition. Shelvey is close, he has trained outside, but one or two weeks.”

“I think he (Almiron) has adapted fine. Training has been OK. He is a fit, mobile, dynamic lad.”

“People talk about the physicality so we will see how he copes.”

“What I can say about Miguel is that he’s a nice lad, a worker and is very professional.”

“He will be fine.”

Miguel seems to be made to measure for Rafa Benitez and if the Paraguayan listens closely to Rafa, which he is already doing, the 24-year-old playmaker can become a top player in the Premier League at Newcastle.

Sounds great to us!

How Will Newcastle Fare At Wolves?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Bobbybee

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:45 PM

Geordie Tom, you win the prize mate. Overran indeed. Sorry, Obertan! 🙂
    We mustn’t expect miracles from this lad though. He’s going to excite us and win us a lot of fouls around the area. He can take free kicks as well. He has a sweet left foot.
    What is it about left footers? So many of them are so good on the ball and dead ball kicks. They stand out like a sore thumb. Weird innit?
    Like you I can’t wait to see him in action. I’m not going to expect miracles, but we’ll get a good idea of what might be once he settles in and gets use to the pace. He won’t get time on the ball like in the MLS, but he looks capable of playing one touch football and that too excites me. I think he and Rondon will link up really well and the goals will flow.
    How Rafa can play him and Perez together can only work in the Christmas tree formation 4321 and he’s never played that yet.
    I think hell play the 5 at the back at Wolves, he has to really. Hit them on the counter using Almiron’s pace if he starts. We can’t match Wolves in an open game after all. They’ve spent wisely. Very good team but definitely susceptible to the breakaway. And Rondon won’t give their central defenders a moments peace. He’s becoming a real hero amongst the fans. Wonderful work ethic. A nightmare to mark. Great ball control. He’ll send Almiron through time and time again.

• martoon

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:52 PM

The ledge – the reason Ashley is still here is the TV money. I hate Ashley but I go to watch football and nights like Man City make it all worthwhile 😀

• the ledge

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:05 PM

martoon full stadium helps to though you have to admit that.
    If people want to go thats there choice if they think boycotting home games wont do no good thats there opinion.
    My opinion is that the people going to home game are just as much fault as charnley and barnes and all his other yes men . .

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:06 PM

Kennedy came last season and was somewhat of an unknown quantity but when he came back this summer teams had marked him down as our star man and marked him out of the game coupled with Shelvey , Perez and Richie not really performing and no pace ahead of him with Gayle gone he has really struggled!

Hopefully with Almiron he can create space for others to come into form as he will be quickly double marked if he starts performing

• martoon

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:07 PM

I’ve just watched that video of the guy chasing Charnley asking him questions and noticed he used the expression ‘shill’ so I think it was Toon22 using his own logic! :mrgreen:

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:08 PM

I do wonder if Kennedy hadn’t fluffed that chance against Spurs and then missed the penalty in the first two games what our teams fortunes would have been like! Could have been 4 points in the first two games if those had have went in!

• Bobbybee

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:09 PM

Martoon, he earned the right to make money after the millions he put in. Do people think owning a football club is a charity case? 🙂
    He only sold to Ashley because he couldn’t afford to keep funding it after the amount he’d spent. He was a millionaire, Ashley was a billionaire and we all know what a liar Ashley is now. SJH didn’t know it then. Ashley told him he would take us forward. Promised him the earth.
    SJH has said if he’d known then what he knows now, he would never have sold him his shares. He wasn’t the only one though.
    We all know now Ashley is a liar. Nobody knew then. If anybody thinks he would’ve sold out, after the millions he poured into the club, taking us from division three bound to CL in no time at all, through his own money, they’re mental. Seriously, retarded. SJH loves Newcastle. He did more for the club than any other individual in history – fact. Spent more of his well earned millions building NUFC into the power it was than any other person. Fact.
    And people who won’t pay the price of a ticket think they can slag him off? What have they ever done for NUFC that remotely compares to him? Sweet FA is what. Shame on them. God only knows where we’d be if he hadn’t bought out McKeag – and he paid through the nose by the way.
    Some of us remember those days, home and away watching a team struggling to survive in the second division. Going to grounds, like Wrexham, Hereford, Cambridge, etc. Dark dark days indeed. We’d still be there if he hadn’t rescued us, so if he did make some money when he sold, good on him. He earned it. Just a, crying shame he sold it to that w@#ker, BUT HE DIDN’T KNOW. He thought a billionaire full of promises would take us forward. Just like Rafa was told lies. Like we’ve been told lies. Ashley’s a liar. We know that now, SJH didn’t.

• RobLeenio

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:10 PM

Bobby, I think he could do the same with a 3-4-2-1 with Barreca, Longstaff, Hayden and Yedlin as the 4. It would be a fluid 5-4-1 in defense as Barreca and Yedlin fell back on the flanks and Perez and Almiron tackled back. Could be interesting. Yedlin and Barreca would need some serious fitness.

• the ledge

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:13 PM

SJH period was my happiest time as a newcastle supporter.
    would have him back in a heartbeat

• RobLeenio

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:15 PM

There was a debate the other day over who misses out when Almiron comes in. I think Ritchie is being squeezed out and could move on this Summer.

I voted him my man of the season last season, but his limitations are obvious and his passion can only cover so much.

Besides which, he seems to be shrinking.

• Bobbybee

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:37 PM

Ledge, I’ve said it before mate, I have no grief with any fan who decides to stop going to games. It’s your money mate, I have zero right to even suggest how you spend your money.
    I would point to clubs like Blackburn, Blackpool and Coventry, who’s fans have boycotted games yet still have the same owners. Despite dropping to Division One and Two.
    That said, if you believe you’re doing the right thing, I can’t knock you. I won’t knock you. You have that right and I understand why, I just disagree because of the clubs I’ve highlighted.
    I would never ever believe I have the right to demand anything from you matey. You say your piece respectfully, unlike some on here. We see things differently, but can discuss it without name calling and attacking each other.
    Boycotting has never removed an owner,but if you think it can I respect your right to go that way. Me, I just can’t mate. You know why, even when we lose, just being there watching my team, the one I’ve watched for over 50 years, thick and thin – mainly thin lol – is my life. Games are what I live for. If we ended up in the second division, I’d still be there. I was there in crowds of ten thousand – and that was long before Ashley came along. 🙂
    But like I say, I fully respect your stance, I just ask people to respect mine. We disagree it’s not the end of the world is it?
    I look forward to the time we can both sit and watch our team Ashley free. The Sky money is what keeps him here. Time they took a stand. And the PL.
    The millions of fans across the country who don’t even support us are keeping all owners rich and happy. So if anybody is to blame, you could argue its the armchair fan! 🙂 I won’t though. It is what it is. Thank you for being respectful and honest about your stance. You embarrass some on here.

• Bobbybee

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:45 PM

Rob, yeah I could see that working. I did read somewhere that Barecca is so Rafa can free Ritchie to play as a winger – from the horses mouth so as to speak.
    Who drops out is down to Rafa. I see Almiron as, a direct, one for one replacement for Perez, but others see it differently.
    Both Barecca and Yedders have the pace to play the wingback game. I see no problem there. There might be changes that surprise a lot of us, you know Rafa! Hard to second guess.
    Can’t wait mate. Bring it on.