Benitez Interested In 26-Year-Old Norwegian Star – Free Agent In Summer

VG in Norway is reporting that Newcastle were one of the clubs interested in the Norwegian attacking midfielder Markus Henriksen in January.

Newcastle may have even tried to sign the 46 times capped Norway International who is an attacking midfielder and stands 6ft 2ins tall.

But Hull reportedly said no to the offers and he will stay in the Championship at least until the summer.

Hull attacking midfielder Markus Henriksen – free agent in summer

This is what the player has texted to VG:

“There were some bids, but Hull didn’t want to sell.”

Henriksen has started 26 of the 30 league games in the Championship for Hull this season.

VG reports that Bordeaux were very interested in Henriksen and they report the Sun also speculated that Leicester and Newcastle hold an interest in the Hull City captain.

His Hull contract runs out in June so the Magpies may have tried to get him last month on a cut-price deal.

And in the summer – if Rafa really rates him – then Newcastle will try to sign Henriksen, who will be a free agent at the beginning of July.

VG report he is not too interested in staying at Hull City.

After Hull beat Stoke City 2-0 eight days ago the player seemed keen to stay until the end of the season and he had this to say after that game:

“I feel a responsibility. I am one of those older with a lot of experience.”

“I’m not the type who travels (leaves) in the middle of anything.”

Henriksen could well be a Newcastle target in the summer and Rafa is all for bargains when he can get them.

What do you think?

How Will Newcastle Fare At Wolves?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:44 PM

Half-time at Twickers
    England really putting France to the sword

• DubaiMicky

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:48 PM

From previous, I’m the poorest of you all

Precariat
    This is the poorest and most deprived class group. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:
    Tend to mix socially with people like themselves
    Come from a working class background
    Rent their home – over 80%

• nufc-olek

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:57 PM

Even thou it would been great to have a fellow Norwegian finaly playing for the magpies, I wouldn’t choose Henriksen. He’s captain for Hull and have done a good job in Championship, but I don’t rate him a Premier League player.

• nufc-olek

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:02 PM

He is a older version of Isaac Hayden.

• Jib

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:03 PM

velkommen til bloggen Olek

• Jib

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:07 PM

Almiron has shut down his Instagram a/c
    after it was hacked and he received a load
    of abuse.
    Let’s guess which charmers did that .

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:10 PM

Yes, Olek, what Jib said – nice to hear a new blogger join the clan. Nice to hear honesty about a fellow countryman too. Most would claim he’s the next big thing. Can’t say I’ve ever seen him play so appreciate your honest appraisal. Do you think, if Rafa was to stay, he could improve him?

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:13 PM

Oh, Aguero, what a stunner. Just missed a sitter but wow, that was stunning.

• Bobbybee

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:34 PM

Money’s overrated. I’ve been with my partner over 24 years and we both love each other as much now as we did when we fist met. I’m a good deal older than her and they said it wouldn’t last blah blah blah.
    You’ll never find a happier couple, despite all my problems. We’ve always been there for each other and never – seriously, never – had a blazing row in all those years. – (Might be because I don’t drink).
    I would literally die for her if necessary. And we get by on my disability money which ain’t a great amount, believe me.
    I wouldn’t swap what we’ve got for all the money in the world. And that’s not BS either. Everybody who knows us would tell you that.
    Money can’t buy happiness. I imagine it can make being unhappy a lot easier, but I’ve had lots of money in the past and I know what I’d rather have. What we’ve got is priceless thank you very much and despite all my physical issues, this is the happiest I’ve ever been in my life.

• nufc-olek

Feb 10, 2019 at 5:08 PM

Takker Jib! har følgt denne bloggen i mange år, men har av mange grunner latt være å kommentert. 🙂

And to BobbyBee: No doubt he can make Henriksen a better player, but at this point im not convinced. But then if Rafa and his scouts have a different opinion, I would love to have this one wrong.

• JohnJ

Feb 10, 2019 at 5:10 PM

Bobbybee

Like you, I have my medical issues just back, a few hours ago, from NTGH to have an untrasound injection to my left hip fingers crossed it relieves the pain!

Like you I’m also blessed with a wonderful wife – we will have been married for 50 years in September this year so that’s a milestone to celebrate eh?

It would be also good to celebrate the continued membership of Newcastle United in the Premier League and the retention of Rafa as our Manager for next season & beyound.

The icing on our cake would be to confirm that we have, at long last, a new owner of Newcastle United – here’s hoping eh?