Almiron Wears His Heart On His Sleeve – Has Class – And Works His Socks Off

Atlanta United President Darren Eales, who was born in Chelmsford, says that Newcastle have got an excellent payer in Miguel Almiron.

And he seems the perfect player Newcastle fans love to watch.

The first criterion is that he gives 100% in every game.

The second is that Rafa wants all his players doing the hard defensive work in a game when it’s necessary and Miguel is very willing to do that.

And the third is that this lad has real class and can run at speed with the ball at opposing defenses and can score and create goals.

This is some of what Atlanta President Darren Eals has said about his former player as published in the Chronicle today:

“But the big thing for him and why I think he is really suited for the Premier League is, yes he is a brilliantly exciting attacking player, particularly in transition – but he works really hard in defending.”

“For us as a club, to have our star player be the first person tackling back, and run 60 yards back to nick it out of touch, was great.”

“So, going to Newcastle – and this was the chat we had – he is going to fit in straight away because Newcastle fans want a player who is going to wear his heart on his sleeve.”

“And who is there doing the dirty stuff just as much as the attacking stuff.”

“In Miggy they get the best of both. They get a hard-working guy who’s going to be spending every bit of energy he’s got for the fans.”

“But he’s also got that touch of class where he’s going to take your breath away as he carries the ball.”

“I think he’s going to be really successful.”

More than two fans in five think we can the game at Wolves tonight.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Wolves?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Optimistic Panda

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:39 PM

I can’t wait to see him tonight, apart from still being drunk until around 13.00 today I’ve felt remarkably good. I see another win in the very near future. 2-0 us, Rondon and Mig

• Optimistic Panda

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:46 PM

Bobby

Problem with the £40m parachute payments is it doesn’t cover the club’s running costs.

If memory serves it’s £6m a month to cover wages loans why, they’re well up shit creek.

The Checkatrade is a boobie prize, they’ll have nothing to shout about for ages.

• Optimistic Panda

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:46 PM

Loans etc

• Bobbybee

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:51 PM

OP, me too mate, really excited to see this kid in action. I’m not expecting too much at first – although hope I’m wrong and he sets the league alight from day one – but once he settles in he’s going to be awesome.
    Like you, I’d hate to see Sunlun go out of business, but you’re right about them needing to get up. We witnessed their crowds vanish last season so they can’t rely on them if things don’t work out this season. Too many draws, are meaning now they MUST win their games in hand. That’s big pressure.
    It’s nice when you can have good banter innit, but you’ll always get one dick spoil it. I keep the hatred for Derby days and it’s just fun the rest of the time. 🙂
    You’re probably right about the friendly. Ashley would want his cut the tight git.

• RobLeenio

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:53 PM

OP, with your 2-0 prediction are you sure you’re not still p!ssed?
    😉

I said a week ago I thought we could get a win out of Wolves. I’ll go for it by the odd one. Miggy to come on in the 69th minute for Ritchie and score a debut goal from outside the box.

• Optimistic Panda

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:55 PM

Bobby

Still have loadsa banter at work

“What do you lot know about league one”

“Nowt mate Nufc have never been in the 3rd tier of English football”

There’s still some epic crack.

• Optimistic Panda

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:59 PM

Bobby

I felt good about Citeh too.

I know some people don’t like our style of play or tactics but we’re really good at it at away from home, really hard to break down and can be really dangerous on the break.

Wolves are no mugs but neither are Citeh and we got beat by a shit lucky goal against Spuds, I’d be disappointed if we got any less than a draw tonight. We’ve dispatched better, confidence is high and we have a secret weapon in Miggie.

• Optimistic Panda

Feb 11, 2019 at 5:00 PM

Sorry that was for Rob

• Bobbybee

Feb 11, 2019 at 5:05 PM

I’m gonna, keep this question about racism at games up for when the match day crew, arrive. I can’t really go into battle with only four or five opinions, so hopefully they’ll read this and pass opinions I can go to SSN with.
    I’ve got to go now, things to do before the game and I make a decision not to come on here during games, because of the haters who call themselves fans but love to see us lose really.
    If anybody would like to ask the question about racist comments and where they sit I would appreciate it. I really feel this nonsense is not a representation of Geordie people. We have students from all over the planet here and I honestly believe they’re made welcome in the City and in SJP. I’d like to put it into proper perspective.
    Anyway, enjoy the game lads. Let’s hope Almiron turns on his magic tonight and we get all three points. Rondon and Almiron to score one each at least. Take care, speak tomorrow. Howay the lads!!!!!

• RobLeenio

Feb 11, 2019 at 5:09 PM

OP, I also predicted a win vs Citeh – had a feeling that day, though it didn’t compare to the feeling at the end of the match.

Hope you’r right about tonight too mate – we could do with the points it’s so tight around us. Game in hand too, bit of a free swing, always looks better when you win.

• beermonkey

Feb 11, 2019 at 5:41 PM

where is bill i have no idea how long till kick off

• AncientC

Feb 11, 2019 at 5:54 PM

The bookmakers seem to heavily favour Wolves, which suits me just fine. There are some generous odds out there on a correct score prediction win for Newcastle.

• Bobbybee

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:01 PM

Before I go. We need a chant for our new star.

No idea how to get this around but here’s my effort

“We said to Stevie Nickson, go to the MLS,

We need to find a No10, he has to be the best

He came back home to Rafa, he said I’ve found the one

A Paraguayan superstar called Miggy Almiron

Oh, Miggy Miggy, Miggy Miggy Miggy Miggy Almiron!!!!

Enjoy the game lads n lasses. Howay the lads!!!

• Chancel My MBembaship

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:07 PM

I’d throw Almiron right into the deep end and start him. He’s not a kid, he’s smart enough to know what’s needed of him. He’s had a few training sessions, so let’s see what he’s got. Rafa will be able to see when the lad is tiring. Even if he only plays the first half then it’ll be a nice introduction for him 🙂

• toon kk

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:19 PM

Looking forward to the game tonight, I think Almiron will probably come off the bench at some point. Hopefully he’ll transform us.

• Paully

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:34 PM

1 hr. 25 mins. to K.O.

Come back Bill.

• cyprus

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:44 PM

Played it safe. A fiver on 1-2. Tenner 2-3 goals. Tenner X2.

• lesh

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:47 PM

RobLeenio

As said earlier today, I emailed Nick Forbes and have received a response from him to which I replied suggesting he contact The Magpie Group, it being better equipped to deal with him.

I’ve forwarded the mails to Ed, asking him to forward them to you, for information.

Let me know when you get my mails

• AncientC

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:49 PM

Aaron Ramsey reportedly getting *over* £400k a week to sign for Juventus. I know part of those wages are due to Juve getting him for free—but that looks to be the biggest waste of money I have ever seen in football.

I wonder how much footbally Ramsey will stay fit for over the duration of his 4 year contract.

• Jib

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:49 PM

I watched the team arrive at Molineux on SSN
    Don’t know why but his demeanour suggested
    he may be in the starting Xl

• Jib

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:50 PM

Miggy that is

• Munster Mag

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:53 PM

Rafa has to play him surely? Havent been so excited since mirandinha!

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:57 PM

4 minutes to squad confirmation… I’ve not been this excited to see the starting 11 for some time!

HWTL’s

AO

• geordie157

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:57 PM

I was going to say Rafa will bring Almiron off the bench but i forgot no premier league games this weekend so surely he has to start even if he only gets 60mins.

• geordie157

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:58 PM

never seen so many fans excited to see if our new left back who’s on loan is starting…….

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:01 PM

No Miggy in starting 11

Dubravka, Yedlin, Lejeune, Schar, Lascelles, Ritchie, Hayden, Longstaff, Atsu, Perez, Rondon

• Frank pingles come sock

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:01 PM

Almiron bench

• Frank pingles come sock

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:02 PM

Barreca not even sub

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:03 PM

Bench

Woodman, Diame, Kenedy, Fernandez, Manquillo, Joselu, Almiron

Still no Ki or Muto… But it has the Joselu so we should be ok!

• Rotonda heights

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:03 PM

Bobbybee

I think you got your Cunningham’s mixed up. Tony played for us while Laurie was part of Ron Atkinson’s ”3 degrees” at WBA along with Big Cyrille Regis and Brendan Batson before tragically dying in a car accident in Madrid where he had once played for Real. Sadly only Brendan left now.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:04 PM

Oh well, at least we have an exciting option on the bench if thinks go pear shaped, eh? 2-0 with half an hour to go, Rafa can say to the lad ‘Go on, go out there and have some fun. No pressure. See what you can do’