web analytics

If Rafa Stays – This Is The First Player He Will Want Signed

Salomon Rondon is on loan at Newcastle this season, and when he returns to West Brom, he will have just one year left on his contract.

There was news that Newcastle tried to extend his loan deal through next season while they were negotiating Jacob Murphy’s loan last month.

But that was on the final day of the window, and there was not enough time to do that.

Why did they wait until the last minute?

But it suggests Rafa wants Rondon at the club long term as well as wanting and getting Almiron permanently.

The manager wants Salomon Rondon permanently at Newcastle

Mike Ashley thought Rondon too old at 29 to pay out the £16.5M fee West Brom wanted for their player, so we got him on loan.

But we had to send Dwight Gayle in the other direction – something Rafa didn’t want to do.

The manager has refused to say much about what’s going on and had this to say about Rondon’s situation.

“Everybody can see he is doing well. It is too early to talk about that.”

If Rafa stays, Rondon is the first player he will want Ashley to sign – either permanently or on loan.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Wolves?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Bobbybee

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:00 PM

Martoon, so between us that pretty much covers the Leazes unless anybody else has heard something we’ve missed. I’ve got to say I’m shocked by those SSN numbers, it certainly doesn’t reflect on us as far as I’m aware. We’ll see what others say though, it should be interesting if nothing else.

• Jib

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:00 PM

It’s Faz Deen
    actually
    and
    Faz has never run away from anyone in his life
    he has squeaky voiced rig workers for breakfast.

In fact Faz’ wife Tracey would probably flatten you

• lesh

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:01 PM

Jail

Hope your trip to the Black,Country’s not in vain and you’re rewarded with a great win.

• Jib

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:06 PM

Bobby
    being Sky Sports
    they probably only took a poll of the London clubs
    😛

• martoon

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:07 PM

Bobby @81 – yeah it will be interesting – one thing for sure it will be nothing like the 70’s when banana skins were regularly thrown at the black players. I have to say to my eternal shame although I never did it I thought it was quite funny but of course we all know better now!

• simon376

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:15 PM

Bobby
    I’ve sat in middle of the east stand for about 12/13 years now and before that the east stand and leases corner for about 5 years then it was the milburn before that and thankfully never heard any at St James

• simon376

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:17 PM

Mind in saying that went to a few Chelsea games when Gavin was playing for them and heard a bit then and also at Leeds v Chelsea, never when we played at Leeds mind

• Mister Tuff

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:18 PM

Jail – very well presented case for the prosecution, some quality evidence.
    The accused has failed to go into the witness box where he could have denied the allegations.
    Seems like case proved (more so if you take into account the blog evidence where the Jib has, on numerous occasions (( denied/not seen by his backers)) answered posts for Jane and vice versa)

• Bobbybee

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:21 PM

Martoon, yeah, remember the West Ham chant that always resulted in everybody being unable to finish it off because they were laughing? At the time nobody had even heard the term racist, it was, sadly, a sign of the times. We were all guilty of it because we were brought up in a racist society. Just look at the TV programmes. Love thy Neighbour ffs.
    Now though, there’s no excuse for it. Better education has changed society and anybody should feel comfortable going to a football match.
    Cone on lads, don’t be shy. Let us know where you sit and if you’ve heard any of this nonsense.
    Jib, I think you hit the nail on the head re London clubs, but SSN should realise football doesn’t end at Watford or Luton. I feel insulted frankly. Don’t drag us, down with those Neanderthals.

• Optimistic Panda

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:24 PM

Can’t remember the last time I heard racist abuse at a match.

I remember about 10 years ago away at Villa and one of the lads I was with had a right bee in his bonnet about the linesman. He’d been calling him all sorts for about a hour when he shouted at the linesman “You useless black @$#@” the linesman was white and he was referring to his strip but the stewards and police didn’t see it like that. I didn’t either, middle of Birmingham.

Out the ground and a 3 yr banning order, the same idiot still calls referees black c@@@s and it makes me wonder if he’s just racist, he is.

Safe to say I no longer bother with him.

The worst place I remember was going to Leeds in the 90s, they used to hand out NF leaflets etc, I suspect it was a lot worse in the 70s and 80s.

• Bobbybee

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:25 PM

Cheers Simon mate, there seems to be a bit of a theme developing here – SSN haven’t bothered even asking our fans. Who’d have thought it eh? 🙂

• Legolas

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:34 PM

Bobby at 78. I sat in the gods next to the away fans for two years then just behind the goal in leazers for another 4 years after that.
    Then in the Milburn stand right on halfway for about 8 years and I can honestly say I never heard anything racist.
    Granted I have been missing for about 6 seasons but up until then nothing.

• Bobbybee

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:41 PM

OP, yeah, I’ve heard similar years, ago, but it was also aimed at the ref’s colour of his kit, not his skin.
    We were a racist club once, but I think it changed with the signing of Laurie Cunningham all those years, ago. “He’s black, He’s broon, he’s playing for the Toon, Cunningham, Cunningham”! He said himself that was the nicest chant he’d ever heard aimed at him.
    Remember being at Coventry, when they’d become the first all seater stadium years, ahead of everybody else. Cyril Regis came to take a corner and I’ve never seen so many bananas thrown on the pitch in my life.
    He just picked one up, peeled it and ate it. Completely took the sting out of it and he was cheered by the majority of Newcastle fans.
    Being a Soul music fan I think that was the most ashamed I ever felt at a game. When he did that though, I thought ‘what a star’. He did it with a smile on his face and clearly earned the respect of so many that day.