It’s Such A Pity This Player Will Leave Newcastle This Summer

Isaac Hayden is probably playing some of his best football at Newcastle at the moment, alongside local lad Sean Longstaff.

And they kept their place in the side on Monday night, and we very nearly got another win – but it was not to be at Wolves and a late controversial goal after 95 minutes robbed us of a vital 2 points in the 1-1 draw.

Ki and Mo Diame are now fit, and Shelvey should be fit for the next game against Huddersfield a week on Saturday at home, but we still expect these two lads to start that game.

Unfortunately, Isaac wants to leave the club to be nearer his girlfriend and baby who are in south Wales.

Isaac Hayden celebrating his goal on Monday night

This is what Isaac has said, as reported in the Chronicle today and he starts off talking about his goal on Monday night – brilliantly set up by the ever-improving Fabian Schar:

“It meant a lot because I haven’t scored for a while. It’s just helping the team; whether I score or someone else scores, it doesn’t matter.”

“It’s just disappointing to not get the three points, especially because I think the fans deserved that.”

“They travelled down on a Monday night and it was packed out again, so credit to them. They deserved a lot more.”

“Of course I feel the positive vibes.”

“Everyone will have opinions about certain things, but I’m one of those people who wears their heart on their sleeve.”

“I’m always honest, I’m never going to hold back or hold emotions in. If some people don’t like it, they don’t like it.”

“If they like it, then fair enough.”

“I’ve tried my best in every game. Some games I’m going to play badly; some games I’ll be good. The minimum is the effort, and I don’t think I’ve lacked that.”

“It wasn’t really that difficult for me football-wise in January because I was playing games of football. “

“I just enjoy playing games of football, and it doesn’t matter who you’re playing for, you just want to play.”

“It makes it so much easier to get through the period because you’re just focusing on training or playing,.”

“So it didn’t really bother me that month, especially as soon as you cross the white line.”

“It was maybe more difficult off the pitch with things flying around, conversations being had between the manager and other people, and the club and other clubs.”

“But when you play, as soon as you’re out there, it’s all about playing. You forget about everything else.”

It seems that Rafa is honor bound to allow Isaac Hayden to leave the club in the summer.

These performances for Newcastle will only be helping his cause.

We hope Rafa will bring in a young top defensive midfielder to replace Hayden, who has been a good player for us since he was signed by Rafa from Arsenal in the summer of 2016.

And he’s a much better player now than when he signed for us.

He’s got class both ff and on the field.

What do you think?

Who Should be In Goal Against Huddersfield?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:15 AM

• Mag52

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:19 AM

Hayden will be missed. Good guy and a good pro. Will have a successful career wherever he ends up.

• martoon

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:19 AM

I have to say I was impressed with his interview to Sky just after the game had finished. Obviously emotions were still running high but he gave an articulate, fair, level headed assessment of the game and toed the line of sticking together etc.

• Jib

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:24 AM

NE Football Writers’ Association have
    given the award to Alan Shearer for his
    huge charity work

• RobLeenio

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:25 AM

Cheers Jib, good photos – except for the one of Kenedy expectorating. Just why would anyone publish that? It’s a pet hate….

Interesting point re lowering the pitch. Is there room for that? I have no idea how much would be required, honestly, but bringing the fans even closer to the pitch can’t be a bad thing. You would think drainage in that kind of scheme would be the main issue, but sat on top of a hill it should not be for SJP.

• RobLeenio

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:27 AM

I wonder if Hayden could yet be persuaded to stay? I hope so, I feel like he’s getting into the best form he’s shown for us since he arrived. He did well in the Champo, but he’s taken 18 months to adapt to the Prem which is understandable. Now that he has done, I’m loath to let him walk away.

• Jib

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:28 AM

Should have said NE Sports personality

• RobLeenio

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:29 AM

Interesting on the photos I didn’t see any new additions to the group from the U23s. They have a match away to Reading on Friday, I wonder if we’ll see a few of them fly out then for a few days?

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:31 AM

I said diddly squat about what?

• WarrenBartonCentreParting

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:34 AM

Thanks for the pictures link Jib 🙂

• RobLeenio

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:39 AM

posada, yep, SJP is hemmed in on three sides (Leazes Park, Leazes Terace and Barrack Rd) and the only future development potential (barring lowering the pitch) is Strawberry Place. It wasn’t possible before, may not be possible now but could be possible in the future with new materials – https://tinyurl.com/y678qxku for eg if you have an interest in engineering.

If this goes through, all future potential for expansion in that direction is removed.

I’ve tried to raise this with a couple of candidates for the North of Tyne Mayoral election, with no real joy to this point. We need more folk to start making noise about it – turning it into an election issue based on an erosion of our cultural heritage is in my opinion our best hope for a rapid legal challenge.

• Lovem or Hatem

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:40 AM

Has anyone see this article in Bloomberg about Ashley and NUFC (originally saw the article on the Mag website)?

The interesting bit for me was that of more than 30 deals completed by Sports Direct, only two have been disposals. The one they highlight in the article was the sale of the Dunlop brand to a Japanese company for about £112 million. Apparently, Ashley bought the Dunlop brand for about £40 million.

So, may be this shows that it takes an offer of almost 3 times the original purchase value for Ashley to sell. Therefore, if NUFC was bought for about £134 million it will take an offer of £400 million approx for Ashley to sell. For me, that is unlikely to happen. However, Ashley could be accepting a lower bid (may be about £300-£350 mil) but taking the difference out of the club to make it up to the £400 million.

Anyway, it seems like Ashley wants to be well compensated for letting go of NUFC.

• martoon

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:43 AM

RobLeenio @5 – Stop using big words that I have to Google – stick to good old Geordie words like ‘hockle’ 😀

• ArtyH

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:41 AM

Martoon@3, my thoughts exactly! Hayden is probably coming into his prime now, do not forget he had a very bad injury before he joined us, maybe it is just now that he is recovering both physically and mentally from that trauma? Isaac’s improvement in form has certainly increased his value to the club, but will we get an improvement in a replacement player or will it be a Demba Ba situation?