Newcastle Fans Give New Amanda Staveley Story Short Shrift

Amanda Staveley has reappeared on the scene and says she is still interested in buying Newcastle United so it’s deja vu – all over again!

She didn’t have the money to buy Newcastle last time around so we’d be surprised if she now has the money Mike Ashley wants for the club – £300M.

And if she does have the money we would expect Mr. Ashley to raise his price.

Fans are getting weary of this long drawn out takeover when it seems obvious that Ashley doesn’t want to sell even although those close to him say he does.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Ms. Amanda Staveley – she’s back

Wonder when Steven Spielberg will move in for the right to the movie?

Here are just a few tweets about the news.

This tweet was also our thought.

• Ron Knee

Feb 14, 2019 at 9:41 AM

Previous thread

Dread to think, Rob.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 14, 2019 at 9:42 AM

Who said she never had the money, I thought she made three serious offers.

• Munster Mag

Feb 14, 2019 at 9:46 AM

Once you bunch of anti emigrants have plunged you, us and others onto recession because of your hatred of foreigners and willingness to believe some toffs from Eton and fools who promise new hospitals in every town, the air will clear and a better decision will be made because of currency, rafa, relegation or survival. The deal seems to be a clean 300mill. I think we we see a move in the summer.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 14, 2019 at 9:48 AM

Munster,
    Can I politely ask who the effing he’ll you think you’re talking to?

• lochinvar

Feb 14, 2019 at 9:50 AM

Jib from earlier
    Ashley is shrewd enough to talk up plans for the Strawberry land using the notion of developing the SJP site as bait to reel in land purchasers at inflated prices in the hope of securing even greater profits to come with future development schemes being mooted.
    Sprat to catch a mackerel.
    Or maybe in his case Prat to catch a mackerel, except a £9m sale is not an amateur deal.

• RobLeenio

Feb 14, 2019 at 9:55 AM

Munster, don’t lump us all into the same category. Many of us are as angry about the whole fiasco as you appear to be.

That said, I agree once our economy goes down the pan and our currency tanks, NUFC will be a far more attractive prospect for a foreign economic predator.

I think it’s clear that the negatives outweigh the positives on that one.

• bettyswallocks

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:01 AM

I heard from a very reliable source that Amanda Staveley could be still interested in buying the club. I shouldn’t really be repeating this but I was told in confidence that her group still like Newcastle very much as a club and love the fans. Also she doesn’t have any issues with Mike Ashley any more.

I was told a few more things that she allegedly said about looking at other clubs too etc. but out of respect to my source it’s best I don’t elaborate any further. My man is currently travelling but when I have the chance to make contact with him again I will update the blog.

This may well turn out to be inaccurate so please don’t shoot the messenger.

• martoon

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:21 AM

With respect Betty – are you not para-phrasing what she said in the interview?

• beefman13

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:45 AM

Look Amanda, i can arrange to meet u for a drink, low key, how about the Strawberry? Might buy you a cottage pie if ya lucky, nee mucking about wi the beefman.

• boltonmagpie

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:40 PM

Sorry to tell you Beefman she’s my valentine! 🙂

• toonluvva

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:17 PM

Once again I see politics in the form of Brexit has inilftrated the blog. What next religion?

Returning to football, I not sure whether Ms Staveley is a serious contender to buy NUFC. She may “wish” to buy our club, but does she have enough of the hard cash to do so, and will she, or more likely her backers, be prepared to stomach Mr Ashley’s conditions re advertisements at the ground, sale of kit etc etc.

The cynic in me suggests this a non-story, and we will be stuck with the current mismanagement until there is not a single penny of value left.