Warm-Weather Training Camp Going Exceptionally Well

We expect this mini-training camp in southeast Spain could be something that turns out to be very good for Newcastle.

When the squad returned last year from a similar mini-camp, we won four games in a row, then lost four games in a row.

And then we finally took Chelsea apart 3-0 at St. James’ Park to end the season in 10th place.

We got 15 points from those 9 games which is not too bad, and 1.67 points per game.

The year we have 12 games left rather than 9 so if we can get on a good winning streak we should be able to do well.

And especially if new players Almiron and Barreca come through immediately.

If we do as well as last year, we should be able to get 20 points from the final 12 games and finish on 45 points – one point more than last season.

According to captain Jamaal Lascelles – the training camp is like pre-season and going exceptionally well.

Jamaal Lascelles – captain training in Spain

Jamaal was interviewed by the Chronicle from the club’s training base in La Finca:

“I think a change of scenery is a really good thing for you.

“When you train every day in Newcastle, we love our work, but you can get in your comfort zone.”

“But out here it is something different, it is double sessions, we are excited – it is almost like pre-season again.”

“Last year when we did this we come back to England and we did really well. We beat Arsenal, Leicester and went on a little run and our performances really picked up after that.”

“Hopefully it will be something similar this time around.”

“It is nice to get out here for a bit of warm weather training. It’s a different environment and it is good for the boys to refresh, get together and the training is intense.”

“We know where we are and we know where we need to improve and this is what we are trying to do here.”

“Instead of having days off and going on holidays, we are working hard.”

“It has been quite productive. We went for a team meal last night and it is nice to see people outside of a work environment, getting to see the other side of people.”

“And it will only strengthen the team chemistry and the team bond.”

This all seems exactly what Newcastle should be doing after the close of the January transfer window.

We now look forward to winning more games than we lose in our final 12 games.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:28 PM

RobLeenio,
    I raised my eyebrows at a father of young kids saying lol at a scene showing football hooliganism.

• RobLeenio

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:47 PM

Well, you’ll probably have an even harder time with my glib remarks re state-sponsored cannibalism, which should also be taken with a pinch of salt

The remark, not the flesh.

😉

• RobLeenio

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:48 PM

Cracking all-action photo of our skipper there. Great words from him too. He’s getting back to his best form after a difficult first half of the season and that’s good to see.

• lochinvar

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:55 PM

Just driving through the other place in my armoured Humbie but no sign of the Mackems doing warm weather training on Roker beach.
    Think I might chance a walk , even an ice cream.
    Live on the edge me.

• Online Guy

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:11 PM

Jib

On Tuesday you said Ashley had sold the land at Strawberry place for only 2.4 million pounds and poured a little scorn on my figure in you trying to make Ashley not look like the greedy man he is ..you seemed like you were defending him again !, that after you had read my info that I had spoke to the Lawyers handling the deal , two years back .

It was said to be offers over 6.5 million.. I told you that . You come straight back and said it was sold for 2.4 million .

Yesterday it was revealed Ashley sold the land for 9 million pounds ..the clubs money as far as I’m thinking..it should stay with the club.

And your then saying Ashley can do what he likes with the land and the money..what an attitude as a Newcastle Supporter ? It’s ethically and morally wrong what Ashley has done here .

Good timing on the announcment from the accounts though eh ? You shouting out that he sold it for 2.4million and the very next day it’s revealed as £9 million pounds ! Get yer facts right Jib .

Good timing ! Foot in mouth ?

And if you read back at my post of yesterday that we can object to any planning and there has been no planning application to date ..and my info is real ..straight from the planning office word of mouth face to face yesterday.

We can put our objections in on loss of amenity and fire regulations and many other factors.

• Jib

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:25 PM

OG
    It’s not a points scoring exercise
    (at least not in my mind)
    I didn’t snatch the figure of £2.4M
    out of the air , I read it somewhere.
    It’s all irrelevant anyway , he’s flogged
    it . Whether it gets PP or not is not his
    problem.

I don’t think I was foot in mouth really.

At least you didn’t accuse me of molesting
    young men

• Jib

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:31 PM

A couple of media outlets are reporting
    that Mourinho was going to take Lascelles
    to Old Trafford next Summer !!!

• Online Guy

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:53 PM

No Malice intended there Jib Just trying to dispel any mythical posts non facts.

• CJ

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:55 PM

it’s just like pre-season training?…..I hope not….we didn’t win any of the first 10 games

• Online Guy

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:57 PM

Just got back in and just read you reply Jib old chum .

I was just taking a little fit on your figure and wondered where it had come from .

I get defensive when it looks like your on Ashley’s side. Might just be me .

So no offence meant.

• Online Guy

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:06 PM

You say you seen the figure 2.4 million somewhere Jib but you gave me that figure as though it was fact after I told you the lawyer handling the sale of said land had told me the fig I reported here . I could not help having the thought “is Jib with Ashley on this in quoting a lower figure as fact when Iv just told him the Lawyer handling the sale has told me that it’s north of 6.5 million”

Jib ..stop defending the pariah . Give it a shake man !

No not that !