He Was Newcastle’s Man Of The Match At Leicester

Ayoze Perez has a good habit of coming into form near the end of the season, and the Spaniard had an excellent game for us in the surprise but a welcome 1-0 win at the King Power Stadium on Friday night.

Ayoze scored the goal from an excellent Matt Ritchie left-wing cross after 32 minutes and Perez glanced the ball into the net with his head for the winner.

He played well throughout the game, and some of his wizardry almost got us another goal with 15 minutes to go.

He sublimely went past the Leicester left-back and almost scored, but the goalkeeper blocked his shot.

Perez is in form, and we need his goals in the final four games of the season.

Ayoze Perez – great goal – excellent performance

Next in the voting is Matt Ritchie who put in another top performance for Newcastle.

It would be ludicrous for Matt to leave Newcastle this summer when his best (three) years are ahead of him at Newcastle.

Fabian Schar is one of our favorite players, and he gives Newcastle something extra when he’s in the team.

The Swiss International was strong at the back.

The center-back had another one of those mazy runs forward and set up Almiron in the inside left position but the Paraguayan ht the ball high and wide.

Fabian has been one of our best players this season.

A great performance from our lads on Friday night and they deserve all the credit.

Now to get four wins in our final four games.

Who Was Newcastle's Man Of The Match At Leicester?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• jane

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:06 AM

Ayoze consistently scores 5 -10 goals a season.

• jane

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:06 AM

that one was just for you Jail.

• sing in the corner

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:11 AM

Yes, Perez was good against Leicester. He has scored some priceless goals for us.
    It’s inconsistency that has always been the issue.
    I think he was poor in the Palace game a few days before.
    Nevertheless, he has been a great signing for the peanuts we paid for him, when you consider the treading water we have done in terms of improving quality of the playing staff around him.

• IrishRob

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:12 AM

I thought Hayden or Shar could have been man of the match. I only watched the second half but I thought Hayden was the only one that looked safe on the ball, you felt he wasn’t gonna loose it.

• Lindisfarne

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:13 AM

Perez leading goal scorer 2017/18

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:14 AM

NY Mag,
    I still don’t know how she was so easily dismissed as a tyre kicker, she seemed credible. As for seeking publicity, what did she gain from it, with one creepy poster even labelling her a “slut” . The most chilling post I’ve ever seen on here mind.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:15 AM

IrishRob,
    Did you post on here a while back or have a different username?

• NY Mag

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:18 AM

Jail,

I don’t know either…..I can only assume that she simply didn’t have the money to go forward (as appears to be the case with Kenyon)

• IrishRob

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:25 AM

How do you mean jail?? What’s a while back? I definitely made another account a year or two ago but I’ve never used it I forgot the password. I may have used it to post a comment maybe 2-3 times. But I don’t remember tbh. What wss the name on it?