web analytics

There Seems Hope Hayden Could Stay At Newcastle – Can Rafa Pull It Off?

When we all thought Issac Hayden would be leaving Newcastle maybe he will, in fact, stay – if Rafa stays.

That’s what some of his comments suggest in his interview today in the Chronicle.

Since we thought the player was on his way this would be some coup for Rafa and Newcastle if somehow we get the former Arsenal youngster to stay on Tyneside.

And both parties also have to work out his family situation with a solution.

Rafa Benitez congratulates Isaac Hayden – will they both stay at Newcastle?

This is what Isaac has told the Chronicle this morning:

“It’s the same as always. We will see what happens in the summer but I have had plenty of talks with the clubs in the last couple of weeks.

“The signs have been very positive. I’ll see what happens.”

“I think it’s (Rafa) a big situation for everyone.” “I don’t think the club will do anything without the manager’s say so.”

“Especially if he stays.”

“He has been very receptive and honest with me and I can’t thank him enough for the season I’ve had.” “He has been understanding of the situation.”

“It was emotional (his standing ovation on Saturday). It was one of those things that will stay with me for the rest of my life.”

“When I signed three years ago I could never have imagined a reception like that if I left.” “It’s credit to them, they have stuck by me and by the team.”

“They can see the rewards and performances we’ve put in.” “Hopefully, now the club can push on.”

“It was a fantastic way to sign off for the season. We had the fans travelling in their droves, I think it was almost 5,000 or so.”

“To get a 4-0 win in front of them was something special.”

“We knew before the game we had to put in a performance, not just because we are professional but we knew we could move up a place.”

“Bournemouth lost so we put ourselves up a position.”

“As professionals, you want to finish as high as possible. It means more for the club than the players but at the end of the day you are professional and you do your best.”

“I think it was called off. I wasn’t too privy to it as I had already booked my holidays a couple of months ago.”

“I think a few of the lads were going to go on it (The Las Vegas trip Ashley mentioned last November) but it was cancelled.”

“To be fair Mike Ashley came into the dressing room, shook everybody’s hand and said thanks for the season, we said thanks back.”

“He (Ashley)  is making an effort and trying to do the right things.”

“He (Ashley) has been very receptive and honest with me and I can’t thank him enough for the season I’ve had. He has been understanding of the situation.”

Seems like Ashley was trying to mend some fences in the dressing room on Sunday afternoon.

We assume Hayden will be offered a new and improved deal to stay in the northeast.

Who Was Newcastle's Player Of The Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• ronaldo aarons

May 14, 2019 at 5:57 PM

1st

• ronaldo aarons

May 14, 2019 at 5:57 PM

Got to be harewood!

• Optimistic Panda

May 14, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Ronaldo

Replied on previous

• toon22

May 14, 2019 at 6:02 PM

As with everything right now
    It’s all about Rafa staying first

• toon22

May 14, 2019 at 6:03 PM

Let’s hope MA can be ar2ed to talk to the guy soon

• ronaldo aarons

May 14, 2019 at 6:03 PM

Optimistic
    Also replied on previous lol

• ronaldo aarons

May 14, 2019 at 6:04 PM

My harewood comment was because a poll asking for our best player v Bristol City was up. Not that I’ve lost my mind.

• Ron Knee

May 14, 2019 at 6:06 PM

Colin to continue at Cardiff:

• Optimistic Panda

May 14, 2019 at 6:08 PM

Ronaldo

I do take on board what you say I just dont agree with it. As you dont agree with my view of him.

• ronaldo aarons

May 14, 2019 at 6:10 PM

Good move for Roberts. Playing abroad will do him well. Still think he will find his way to a good level, hopefully premier league.

• Optimistic Panda

May 14, 2019 at 6:10 PM

Anyways I’m off to the pub to do my Paul Merson impression, I’ll leave you all in the hands of Richard Keys and Andy Greys love child aka jib.

• Jail for Ashley

May 14, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Apologies for the repost as I’m no fan, but looks like I seriously missed the bus there
    Munster,
    You’ve got a nerve complaining about people lying and twisting words, where have I said that Murphy was a Churnley buy, I’ve stated numerous times that imo he was bought to show a willingness to compromise, had he of been allowed to buy Townsend the previous January then Murphy wouldn’t have been necessary. You endlessly complain that the ‘Murphy money’ could have been spent on Lucas Perez knowing full well that the club don’t operate a policy that dictates if 11M is there for one player it is necessarily available for another, hence 22M was available for Plea but then not available for Rondon, if it’s because you don’t know this then you’re not paying attention and if you do know but choose to ignore it to suit your agenda then you’re even sneakier than I thought. You also keep referencing that lanky bloke from Denmark and a bullet dodged, you use this as another stick to beat the manager with regarding signings, you simply don’t know how he would have fared under Rafa’s guidance. just because he had a poor WC, you didn’t stop harping on about how wrong the manager was about Mitro and how it would bite him on the ar$e, what happened there. The manager can live and die by his signings when we are run like a proper football club and he is responsible for all personnel.

• ronaldo aarons

May 14, 2019 at 6:13 PM

do poster still dislike for villa?

Since they and grealish gave it to Brighton in the championship and let us win it, I don’t really have a dislike for them.

• Jail for Ashley

May 14, 2019 at 6:13 PM

Any sane person would not have paid 16.5M for Rondon, but Rafa wanted too. Mmmm

• Nicky the ball tosser

May 14, 2019 at 6:14 PM

I’ve been impressed with Manquillo in this run he’s had recently. He is a proper footballing fullback and very well suited to wingback – good on the ball, good movement and delivery, good link up play, physically quite strong and athletic etc and improving defensively under Rafa. He may not ultimately prove to be the long term solution at left back, maybe a lack of real pace will see to that, but I think with the priority more a left wing back at the moment, Manquillo will be given every opportunity to be first choice next term. I think he’s a good footballer, maturing under Rafas coaching and a potential full Spanish international.

• Ron Knee

May 14, 2019 at 6:15 PM

Vote for NUFC goal of the season:

• Online Guy

May 14, 2019 at 6:15 PM

Optimistic Panda

Bobbee bee.

I read that your both into vaping ? Just a heads up , and you possibly know, there is a condition called Popcorn Lung ..it has a medical name that escapes me .

I imaging your switched on and have heard of it but just in case you have not ….thought I’d mention it .

I know about it because of a female Singer I know has it . Thought vaping was safe .

It’s causing as much bother and ill health as nicotine ?

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 6:20 PM

bronchiolitis obliterans.

• swemag

May 14, 2019 at 6:24 PM

I never read the full story. So a bad situation but the girl is now over a year old. Perhaps she can do those visits in a toon hospital.

• Nicky the ball tosser

May 14, 2019 at 6:26 PM

Hayden must increasingly be aware that if Rafa stays he’s now in an excellent position to cement a place as a first choice player at a super club and looking at a bright future at the highest level. Hard to walk away from that or get the same elsewhere. I believe that if Rafa wants him to stay, he and the club will very likely find a way to keep him on board.

• swemag

May 14, 2019 at 6:27 PM

@ronaldo aarons – Yes. Still dislike them. I hope Leeds get back up so that Villa stays down a few more years and get that feeling of ‘We are a championship club’ which you can only get if you are down there a good few years, like Nottingham or like Leeds have been.

I want them to lose as much as I want Sunderland to stay in league one.

• swemag

May 14, 2019 at 6:29 PM

…and keep WBA down there as well so that we can get Rondon for Gayle. All in all, Leeds need to deliver on this one.

• swemag

May 14, 2019 at 6:29 PM

Go Leeds!

• Optimistic Panda

May 14, 2019 at 6:29 PM

Online

Depends what you’re vaping mate, that’s why I waited. Wanted to see what was what first.

Few of the chemicals are much worse, easily avoided though.

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 6:30 PM

Apparently it’s the travelling that is the killer for Isaac
    If the club/Ashley can sort some kind of compromise
    (chopper hire ? ) that could be a way forward.
    He isn’t the only dad in the world who is parted from his
    kid for periods – ask Jail.

• Online Guy

May 14, 2019 at 6:30 PM

Bobbee

OP

She’s American, some new study discusses the link to the condition from flavouring , vaping, that is banned in UK .

Said to be safe at one time but there have been a few cases since I’m told . Time will out I suppose.

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 6:31 PM

Swemag its “go Villa !!” actually

• ronaldo aarons

May 14, 2019 at 6:35 PM

If we bring in 2 wing backs, right and left, don’t think we can have both yedlin and manquillo as well as new wing back. Who is going to mbe moved on?

• ronaldo aarons

May 14, 2019 at 6:36 PM

Yeah I’m for villa today. Maybe Leeds to win promotion but even then I dislike Leeds too. Then again, closest thing to a derby we’ll get for a couple years at least.

• Online Guy

May 14, 2019 at 6:37 PM

Dr Jib, thanks.

Yes thats the one .

I’m off to read about it ..I don’t smerke (Ashington ) myself, and can’t understando the need to vape or waste time and money to do it .

I suppose it’s difficult to Jack in smoking so there’s a possibility it helps .

I always thought vaping was a means to an end and helped a smoker wean themselves off it ?

Will power is free.

• ronaldo aarons

May 14, 2019 at 6:41 PM

Just seen sky sports power rankings have Perez as our best player this season.

• lesh

May 14, 2019 at 6:43 PM

Online Guy

As OP said, it seems to be about what one vapes. As I understand and I may be wrong, Popcorn Lung could be the result of synthetic ingredients used in some vaping fluids. I’ve very recently turned to vaping and read about ingredients used in the fluids and decided to go for totally organic, vegetable based vape liquids.

OP, you’re further down the vaping road than me and any links to advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Online Guy

May 14, 2019 at 6:44 PM

Talking about will power made me think of Max Power the Sunlind player.

What a ridiculous name for a footballer ..sounds like a good name for a puppet out of Thunderbirds

Sunder*and have had some classics when it comes to the players name dept’ can anyone think of any ? I’ll start it off .

Burnt Arse.

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 6:44 PM

Tom just wants Derby to fail cos he’s scared of getting chinned
    off their fans
    Just call everyone “me duck” Tom you’ll be OK

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 6:45 PM

Lesh you are right
    Pick the fruit ones and you’ll be OK

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 6:51 PM

Any bloggers (esp us older ones) having problems in
    the boudoir.
    Try the Liverpool method
    Stay on top for ages – then come second
    😀

• Optimistic Panda

May 14, 2019 at 6:56 PM

Online

Yeah, seen it, I had a good look on the fda site, we use a lot of materials at work banned in America so it’s something I keep one eye on. Read up on the entourage effect etc.

Quite interesting if you’re into that sort of thing, no good googling random words like jib, takes a bit of thought.

• Online Guy

May 14, 2019 at 6:57 PM

Yes Lesh , I imagine it’s difficult to kick smoking so anything that helps you along and gets you off it … would be ironic if it was causing more heath problems than Nick O’Teen

BTW, I enjoyed your political post of 2 days back ..My over-riding thought on reading it is …you know your onions. Politics right now gives me a headache and I’m giving it all a wide berth . it’s good to read something from one with the UK ‘s best interests at heart and no hidden agenda, that continues to emanate from those within the establishment .

I will find it hard to cast a vote in favour of any one of them, across all parties.r

• Optimistic Panda

May 14, 2019 at 6:59 PM

Lesh

Just leaving house, when I get where I’m going I’ll drop a link.

• Online Guy

May 14, 2019 at 7:07 PM

Jib ,

I was in Lincoln Cathedral ..2 weeks back, someone called me Duck ..ow doo Duck ! Some bloke said . We laughed ..hard! Echoed .

If your down that way or have planned a visit to said place of worship..wait , postpone it . There’s lots of work going on , scaffolding etc- (Lazy etc ) s’cuse me.

I wazznt there for religious reasons, I’m a Heathen .