web analytics

There Seems Hope Hayden Could Stay At Newcastle – Can Rafa Pull It Off?

When we all thought Issac Hayden would be leaving Newcastle maybe he will, in fact, stay – if Rafa stays.

That’s what some of his comments suggest in his interview today in the Chronicle.

Since we thought the player was on his way this would be some coup for Rafa and Newcastle if somehow we get the former Arsenal youngster to stay on Tyneside.

And both parties also have to work out his family situation with a solution.

Rafa Benitez congratulates Isaac Hayden – will they both stay at Newcastle?

This is what Isaac has told the Chronicle this morning:

“It’s the same as always. We will see what happens in the summer but I have had plenty of talks with the clubs in the last couple of weeks.

“The signs have been very positive. I’ll see what happens.”

“I think it’s (Rafa) a big situation for everyone.” “I don’t think the club will do anything without the manager’s say so.”

“Especially if he stays.”

“He has been very receptive and honest with me and I can’t thank him enough for the season I’ve had.” “He has been understanding of the situation.”

“It was emotional (his standing ovation on Saturday). It was one of those things that will stay with me for the rest of my life.”

“When I signed three years ago I could never have imagined a reception like that if I left.” “It’s credit to them, they have stuck by me and by the team.”

“They can see the rewards and performances we’ve put in.” “Hopefully, now the club can push on.”

“It was a fantastic way to sign off for the season. We had the fans travelling in their droves, I think it was almost 5,000 or so.”

“To get a 4-0 win in front of them was something special.”

“We knew before the game we had to put in a performance, not just because we are professional but we knew we could move up a place.”

“Bournemouth lost so we put ourselves up a position.”

“As professionals, you want to finish as high as possible. It means more for the club than the players but at the end of the day you are professional and you do your best.”

“I think it was called off. I wasn’t too privy to it as I had already booked my holidays a couple of months ago.”

“I think a few of the lads were going to go on it (The Las Vegas trip Ashley mentioned last November) but it was cancelled.”

“To be fair Mike Ashley came into the dressing room, shook everybody’s hand and said thanks for the season, we said thanks back.”

“He (Ashley)  is making an effort and trying to do the right things.”

“He (Ashley) has been very receptive and honest with me and I can’t thank him enough for the season I’ve had. He has been understanding of the situation.”

Seems like Ashley was trying to mend some fences in the dressing room on Sunday afternoon.

We assume Hayden will be offered a new and improved deal to stay in the northeast.

Who Was Newcastle's Player Of The Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• RobLeenio

May 14, 2019 at 8:15 PM

When we moved from Cramlington when I was a kid we ended up in Leighton Buzzard. We would regularly see the Barron Knights riding around on their Harleys. They were what passed for local celebrities. Not sure I’ve ever heard one of their songs and I have no regrets on that score.

• NY Mag

May 14, 2019 at 8:16 PM

I’d guess no, because he wasn’t registered in their squad

• Optimistic Panda

May 14, 2019 at 8:17 PM

Munster

You couldn’t see the wood for the trees if I was smashing you in the face with a baseball bat

You’re the inspiration for the English Irish scotsman jokes,, unbelievably dense!

• Just a fan

May 14, 2019 at 8:17 PM

One the one hand I find online guy a dick and on the other hand very entertaining

• Just a fan

May 14, 2019 at 8:19 PM

Jib is just a dick
    Not

• toon22

May 14, 2019 at 8:20 PM

JIB

How many of your other alts like you ?

• Ron Knee

May 14, 2019 at 8:20 PM

You’ve missed nothing, Rob.

• Just a fan

May 14, 2019 at 8:20 PM

Tuff
    I reserve judgment

• Just a fan

May 14, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Toon 22 behave
    Your a nice guy but diliousion

• RobLeenio

May 14, 2019 at 8:30 PM

I also know Lincoln very well, the steep hill up to the old town is called Steep Hill and used to have the best pie shop in the World at the bottom of it. You had to plan your day cos you didn’t want to climb the hill after a massive pie and a couple of pints. It might still be there.

One of the best pubs was the Lion and Snake, up by the Cathedral. We’d start up there and do the pub crawl downhill towards the nightclubs in the centre.

Happy days.

• RobLeenio

May 14, 2019 at 8:31 PM

If the quotes from Hayden are taken at face value, we could keep him. I’d be delighted if we did but I think there could be some creative editing going on, mixing the context of a few interviews.

Not by Ed or Neil, I hasten to add.

• Tsunki

May 14, 2019 at 8:31 PM

For Jib the magic of the Wurzels was lost when they sold themselves out with their EP of “I want to be an Eddie Stobart driver” back in ’95. The beginning of the end that was, oh arr.

• Tsunki

May 14, 2019 at 8:33 PM

Having Neil co-writing articles is a bit like giving Eds bus a Nitro upgrade 🙂

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 8:34 PM

Rondon signed for a year 6th August he could actually play
    for us in China but he’s been released to play for Venezuala
    2 – 2 WBA score !!!

• RobLeenio

May 14, 2019 at 8:45 PM

I’d like West Brom to win this but then lose in the final. Can’t stand the Villa and for them to be knocked out by their local rivals will make it all the sweeter.

I did a post last year about West Brom and their similarities to NUFC, I’ve always thought they were a decent club with decent fans and was unhappy to see them go down last season. Better them than us, obviously.

• Munster Mag

May 14, 2019 at 8:45 PM

Jail good effort, pity about the lies you’ve added in. Broom cupboard, lie. Leicester, lie. Lucas perez. Lie. Small hands in a disparaging way, lie. Isn’t it odd that a fan who in your eyes (and panda but I’ll ignore him for now as he is thick as mince) hates rafa, can travel all those miles to meet him. Hmm, Im glad you’re an oil rig worker not a barrister. Be a big man Jail. Admit rafa can and does make errors like other managers instead of defending him when he doesn’t need your defence. Go on man, be a big guy. Oh did charnley sign schar and Kim? Or does rafa only sign the good guys? Good value from the bookkeeper. Well done chumley!

• RobLeenio

May 14, 2019 at 9:19 PM

Looks like UEFA are getting ready to throw the book at Man Citeh

🙂

• Tsunki

May 14, 2019 at 9:23 PM

Thing is Munster the real point is it doesn’t really matter. It could only matter if said players were in abundance and could be pointed to as causing some sort of catastrophic result at the club, which they aren’t and haven’t. Some players don’t work out and they are sidelined and moved on. It’s the nature of the sport. Any sport really.

• Jail for Ashley

May 14, 2019 at 9:40 PM

Munster,
    I’ve never said that he can’t make mistakes, every manager does, it’s all part and parcel of being human. Sels and Lazaar were two glaring mistakes, they did not cause us to implode and ”do a Leeds” or stop us from getting promoted. Leicester and Everton paid 27M ish for Tosun and Slimani who have both turned out to be pants, neither club has folded, you seem to love pointing out his mistakes interspersed with praise for this or that, you’ve been doing it for ages, you thought you’d backed the winning horse as more and more ‘clever’ posters put the boot in to the manager as we went on that horrendous run. now he’s turned it round he’s won you over, where as the reality was you were loving people coming on here and spouting off how sheet the manager was.

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 9:42 PM

Tammy Abrahams has looked v average

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 9:55 PM

Extra time
    WBA only 10 men
    Chris Brunt red card

• carltoon

May 14, 2019 at 9:55 PM

extra time. west brom down to ten men

• carltoon

May 14, 2019 at 9:57 PM

Oh ok

• RobLeenio

May 14, 2019 at 9:58 PM

Why do they not use the away goals rule? Bit odd, that one.

• carltoon

May 14, 2019 at 9:59 PM

Just what I was Thinking

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 10:01 PM

They did
    It was abandoned 20+ years ago

• ronaldo aarons

May 14, 2019 at 10:01 PM

Someone needs to tell the wolves owners that their current stadium is fit for purpose.

No need to want to improve and develop the ground, just stick a couple signs and use the money to buy Claire’s accessories.

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 10:04 PM

It wasn’t that long
    The last year was 2000

• Genjikai

May 14, 2019 at 10:10 PM

Op, Bobbybee
    Why dont yous just make rick simpson oil. Bobby i think you should look it up and consider it.
    Anyone with any ailments should consider rick simpson oil. Dont be afraid free medicine for all.

• martoon

May 14, 2019 at 10:12 PM

Jib @100 – I agree I haven’t been impressed by Abrahams – if he’s getting bullied by West Brom defenders he’ll get murdered but some of the Premiership ones! (he’ll probably score the winner now!)

• Genjikai

May 14, 2019 at 10:22 PM

Rolando
    How far into negotiations with ashley is the blog consortium?

• RobLeenio

May 14, 2019 at 10:30 PM

All our goals this season. Some corkers.

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 10:35 PM

Penalty shoot out

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 10:40 PM

The Liquidator banging out all the time at the Hawthorns does yer heid in

• RobLeenio

May 14, 2019 at 10:46 PM

Well done Villa, bad luck West Brom

I think the bigger Villa squad did the job for them then.

Rondon won’t want to go back to West Brom now, however – could be good news for the Toon, for obvious reasons.

• Jib

May 14, 2019 at 10:48 PM

Villa on to Wembley
    Rondon’s clause kicks in

• RobLeenio

May 14, 2019 at 10:58 PM

There’s a goal of the season vote on the official NUFC YouTube channel

I went for the Rondon goal vs Huddersfield – always been a sucker for a slick passing move.

There’s a runaway leader at the moment, no spoilers though….

• martoon

May 14, 2019 at 11:01 PM

@110 – how right I was but apart from the penalty I still think he was poor!

• jane

May 14, 2019 at 11:16 PM

West Brom won’t want Rondon to run his contract down playing in the Championship.
    Rondon will probably want to stay at Newcastle.
    if West Brom get a better offer from another club Rondon says i’m not interested.
    Newcastle sign Rondon for less than market value probably with loans going the other way.

• jane

May 14, 2019 at 11:26 PM

and Rondon gets a higher salary with savings from getting him for less than West Brom want.