Why The Renewed N’Soki Interest Makes Perfect Sense

Newcastle United have apparently renewed their interest in PSG left back Stanley N’Soki who was considered a top target of Rafa Benitez throughout the last summer transfer window.

Stanley N’Soki – Is top target available?

We did a story late in the last summer transfer window about how Stanley had decided to remain at PSG to push for a place and a new contract.

This decision may not have turned out as well as the young French talent had hoped. While he did get the contract extension he was seeking in September, his decision may not have ended up as well as he initially anticipated.

N’Soki started the season decently for the Paris giants as he provided cover for injured French international Layvin Kurzawa. Kurzawa had a hip injury that would keep him out of action until January.

He split time with newly acquired Spaniard Juan Bernat and had 8 starts in 12 appearances in Ligue 1. Though from December on, N’Soki managed only a further 5 appearances for the club in all competitions.

It seems that the return of Kurzawa greatly diminished his opportunities with coach Thomas Tuchel preferring the experienced Kurzawa and Bernat.

N’Soki will find it tough to break into the PSG side this coming season. They are a big spending club with Champions League or bust aspirations.

With two internationals ahead of him in the pecking order, we just can’t see him getting much of an opportunity.

In fact we found this recent report from GFNF that PSG are looking to overhaul their youth system while looking to cash in on the current crop. N’Soki is specifically mentioned as being expendable.

It is understandable that N’Soki, just 19 at the time, spurned any interest from Newcastle to remain at PSG. He has been at the club since 2014 and would have been entertaining ideas of being their left back of the future.

If renewed interest by Newcastle in N’Soki is actually true, then we feel Newcastle should have a better chance at capturing the player this time around.

• Tsunki

May 14, 2019 at 11:36 PM

First.

In a long an arduous train of dreary close season comments.

• jane

May 14, 2019 at 11:37 PM

i didn’t leave it out probably should have said players going the other way instead of loans.

this will help mask the Rondon deal.

• Tsunki

May 14, 2019 at 11:37 PM

I remember when I used to do “firsts” just to annoy Indian Magpie. Those were the days, eh?

• jane

May 14, 2019 at 11:38 PM

you have to read the article before posting first.

• Tsunki

May 15, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Not actually true Jane, otherwise you might be second. 🙂

• lochinvar

May 15, 2019 at 12:12 AM

This young’un Neil puts up Topics faster than Ashley stuffs them in his gob.
    So much to catch up on after a days work.

Good to have you with us Neil and hope Dad Ed is doing ok.

PS. Topic is a chocolate bar over here. Probably different in USA.

• lochinvar

May 15, 2019 at 12:16 AM

Villa in play off final so WBA can let Rondon come home to Newcastle, maybe even a straight swap with Gayle ?
    Leeds just need to beat Villa now ( karma ) and we have a next best thing derby .

• ronaldo aarons

May 15, 2019 at 12:16 AM

Genjikai
    May 14, 2019 at 10:22 PM
    Rolando
    How far into negotiations with ashley is the blog consortium?

He told me he’s going on holiday and said he would respond to our offer when he returns. Expect him back soon, he’s only been 26 weeks.

• ronaldo aarons

May 15, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Rob leenio previous thread about the goal of season.
    Wasn’t our goal but I thought this was one of the best goals of the season and wasn’t on motd. I would personally have it higher than Townsend and Schars v Burnley.

I’m a sucker for a slick team move too.

• ronaldo aarons

May 15, 2019 at 12:23 AM

Barcelona man, absolutely no idea how to run a club. They’re signing griezmann for €120m. Joke man, he’s 28 years old!

• RobLeenio

May 15, 2019 at 12:31 AM

Yep, I have to agree, that’s some goal.

I think with a long-range strike I always feel there’s an element of fortune about it. You have to catch the ball just right, which takes huge skill, but sometimes it just curls the right way or dips at the last moment, elements which are maybe out of the control of the striker, no matter what they say.

With a goal like that Arsenal example or ours vs Hudds, so many players have to play it just right, pick the right option and find their team mates at the exact right moment, there’s no room for chance, it’s all down to skill.

Maybe not quite as dramatic, but a bit more sexy. IMO, anyway.

Thanks for sharing.

• ronaldo aarons

May 15, 2019 at 12:40 AM

Yeah true, many strikes from range are a hit an hope situation. Just trying to get it on target pretty much or have a go mentality. It’s a team game and a team goal is great to watch, I think that’s why real counter attacks are rated quite highly.

However, you sometimes just got to love one of these

• ronaldo aarons

May 15, 2019 at 12:45 AM

Do like some of these comments by Rafa:

Asked if, in an ideal world where Hayden’s personal circumstances did not necessitate the midfielder to relocate, Benitez would like to keep Hayden, the Spaniard said: “Remember that I signed him!”

After watching some clips [of him] and oof! In the contact, I was impressed and was checking, watching more videos.

“I spoke to a lot of people, then we signed him for a low fee. I told him then he could be the holding-midfielder for England. I said: ‘If you progress, if you listen and if you do all the things I tell you [then you can play for England].’

“When he was not playing [earlier in the season], I was a bit disappointed because I thought he could continue growing. In the second part of the season, he has shown he has the potential.

“I will be the first one really pleased if I stay and he stays, but we have to find the solution for everyone.”

• Munster Mag

May 15, 2019 at 12:50 AM

Jail, I’ve no issue being wrong about anything. Genuinely. I think I have criticised rafa when it was due and I don’t slate him all the time, except in your mind, and some less clever guys, like Panda or Tuff. I praise him far far more than I knock him and I like him far more than I could ever dislike him. He’s brilliant and has grown on me loads. Suits us so well. He’s entitled to transfer problems and I’m entitled to highlight them. I also highlight the good stuff – schar, ki etc. You keep making out that I’m trying to be clever. I merely highlighted that other guys mentioned things that they didn’t love about rafa ( Conservative football being the main one, against average teams) and I agreed with them. I have huge respect for him and much as you hate it, if he was in kildare this summer i’d go again. I completely stand over the negative comments i have made and also the positive ones. And for you to have to lie consistently, as i have shown earlier, to try to slag me off and belittle my point of view, is poor form. Thankfully I have strong opinions and a strong personality. If he left tomorrow I’d be gutted, but if he plays over defensively against a bottom 6 team next year, I’ll highlight it. Then get back to praising him because that’s fair. By the way, why are you not man enough to repeat my statement that I want rafa here, long term, funded, to become a DOF in 10 years. Why don’t you go and find the many times I have said that. And highlight it for the blog?? Because it defeats your argument I guess, eh? As bobby said to you ages ago, rafa has grown on me, get over it.

• Munster Mag

May 15, 2019 at 12:57 AM

To highlight the point, I haven’t praised rafa enough for signing Hayden. Brilliant transfer work. I think we will lose him but the recruitment team is doing well and will gave a plan in place from a while back for 2-3 potential buys. Of course ur depends on fat man but if we got 20 míll for Hayden. Or even 15, we will get a fairly capable replacement. Hate to lose him though.

May 15, 2019 at 1:09 AM

What are we going to do with Muto-san? We need answers. Will we try to flog him or integrate him into GrandMaster Rafa’s great Plan next season? Does he fancy playing another season for us? Is he any good? Does he speak Geordie now? Please have speakings with us soon Yoshinori.

May 15, 2019 at 1:11 AM

Just a fan , Jib incognito….call me a d*** !

I will deal with you in the morning .. Tw*t

May 15, 2019 at 1:11 AM

I’m expecting to make contact with Muto very soon. In fact I’m so confident that I’m holding my breath as of…….Now!!!!

May 15, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Please contact me soon Yoshinori…. I’m getting black spots dancing in front of me eyes now mate!!!!

May 15, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Can I deal with him in the morning as well Online Guy? Would love to help oot mate….

May 15, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Rolando

I had every faith in you that your takeover bid would suck seeds.

May 15, 2019 at 1:14 AM

Huh….. I just came to and still no speakings with Muto…..Verrrrrry Disappointing!!!!

May 15, 2019 at 1:15 AM

Good night Geordie two. Entertaining as ever.

Is it still snowing up there ? Night.

May 15, 2019 at 1:16 AM

Yes ronaldo. We’re sitting here sucking seeds! You promised your takeover bid would be a surefire success. Now all I’ve got is disappointment and some sesame seeds in me teeth!!! Harrumph!!!

May 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM

G2

We can both give him a public flogging.. I will bring the vinegar if you provide the cat o’ nine tails .

Ouch !

May 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM

We’ve just managed to clear the roads for the sled dogs Online Guy. Get a good night’s sleep in preparation for the fun tomorrow morning.

May 15, 2019 at 1:19 AM

That sounds lovely OG. I was planning a little fongbat workoot as well.

May 15, 2019 at 1:19 AM

Given a chance Muto would do well..he’s lively and got all the tools if not the application because of lack of match practice ..get him up to speed and he will deliver.

May 15, 2019 at 1:21 AM

Well said OG. Mutomutomutomuto!!!!!!

May 15, 2019 at 1:23 AM

G2

Muto has all the tools

Lovely box of chrome vanadium spanners ..seen them once ..give me a quick flash .

May 15, 2019 at 1:27 AM

With that ..I’m off thataway ..to the radio Shack I’m taking this bluebottle with me that’s been buzzing round me summer house ..gonna give it a doze of RF up its jacksie…see what 2 kilowatt feels like from a Collins AM transmitter..that’ll teach it ..I’ll get a buzz outa that !

May 15, 2019 at 1:28 AM

Night G2 and NY and Lesh et al and anyone else …Jib I’ll sort that just a fanny the morra.

May 15, 2019 at 1:29 AM

Aye, he can be good for us OG. Lots of tread left on him yet. Only 26. Bring him along like Hayden Rafa.

May 15, 2019 at 1:30 AM

Forget to arsk Jib , how’s Vinegar tits Jane getting on ?

May 15, 2019 at 1:31 AM

Good luck with that bluebottle OG. I like to rush around with the lights off until they get caught in me teeth. But electricity sounds interesting as well….

May 15, 2019 at 1:31 AM

NIght all….

May 15, 2019 at 1:32 AM

Just a fanny

I’m coming for ya . R

May 15, 2019 at 1:40 AM

G2

RF burn is worse than any flame Iv stuck me finger in ..takes ages to heal . Torture.

BTW…I can feel a great story coming up anytime soon from Tsunki..Iv been giving him some pointers…he can’t ignore me being on a float with the Barron Nights..who’d a thought it !

Stick that in the Harrison camp japes ..can’t wait. Bluebottles and Lincoln Green , Robin Hood ? RF Burns … some guy in Lincoln Cathedral Doorway saying ow doo Duck …Think he said Duck …Mmmm ? Rice crispies for breakfast …

May 15, 2019 at 1:43 AM