Newcastle Fans Show Respect For Great Player And Record-Breaker

Salomon Rondon does not know what his future holds until Rafa Benitez decides whether to stay at Newcastle before his contract runs out at the end of the month.

If Rafa leaves then it’s doubtful Mike Ashley will pay £16.5M for a striker who turns 30 in September.

That’s even though the number 9 scored 12 goals for us last season and was our Player of the Season on loan from West Brom – in spite of missing the first few months of the season as he had to get match-fit – because had taken months to sign him.

Only money matters toMike Ashley – not what happens on the pitch.

Salomon scored two early goals in Venezuela’s 3-0 win against the USA last night in Cincinnati, and he became his country’s top scorer.

Salomon Rondon – after breaking Venezuela’s goalscoring record last night

Rondon is now the highest scorer in Venezuelan history with 24 goals and has overtaken Juan Arango’s 22 goals.

• geordietom

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:33 PM

last…

• Optimistic Oryx

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:33 PM

I’m shocked and saddened that Catchy didn’t post on the last thread to defend schteeeve.

• JDdubai

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:34 PM

The next MW – precious thread.

Re Gateshead, not sure how you have lost your second team?

They are now fan-owned and finally got rid of the conmen in charge from last season who took the club to the brink of existence.

I’d say you got your second team back. Only 1 league demotion but good time to start again given what could have happened..

• Bobbybee

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:37 PM

I think the only way we sign Rondon is if the takeover goes through in time. Sounds like Ashley isn’t giving an inch to Rafa’s requests, despite the obvious success of Rondon last season.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:39 PM

Maybe one of the reasons we have been bought is because we are in good condition when it comes to FFP. As it is done over a few years, many teams like Wolves, West Ham and Fulham gamble and spend money they are going to earn over the next few years. This puts many teams in a deficit where somewhere along the line they are going to need to cut back. Ashley’s tightness means we can probably splash out a little and not worry about breaking the rules. Other factors are that even when we finish 12th or whatever we still get approx the 9th highest money from TV and maybe the 7th highest from gates. We also aren’t tied in to any stadium sponsorship which although bad and i’m not saying it was planned, means if the Shiek wants to come in and sponsor the ground for £400m to fund his spending he has no hurdles.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:41 PM

I didn’t realise, I’ve not been online much the last couple of weeks. Last I heard the fan takeover had falling through after it had been announced and it was a 2 league demotion.

• mac the jaffrey

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:41 PM

Apparently Rafa is at the training ground, according to sky (or so I’ve just read).

Hopefully not clearing his desk………

• Tony Baloney

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:42 PM

OO: maybe Catchy will come on and defend OGS?

• Bobbybee

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:44 PM

TNMW – I think the £400m sponsor deal is one of the charges laid at City for breech of FFP mate. I think it was deemed excessive – which is difficult to argue against. Sounds like City have already ensured nobody else will get the chance to push the FFP rules as far as they have.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:45 PM

If we follow the FFP rules as 19/20 teams in the league do, does that mean we can only spend what we generate? Or is there some extra % or amount an owner can put in? If my memory is correct and it rarely is, I think I heard it was club earnings plus £20m additional each season. If we stick to that it would take a while to even rival Leicester and Everton in terms of spending.

• Dragon64

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Mac the jaffrey
    just been reading that myself ???

• Bobbybee

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:48 PM

Tbh, I’ve never really bothered reading all the FFP rules whilst Ashley’s owned us. Somehow it seemed highly improbable that we’d ever be accused of breaking them.

• jazzyp

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:49 PM

Mac

He is clearing his office for the arrival of Mourinho

• DubaiMicky

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:52 PM

jazzyp, from previous:-

If BZG could afford to put in $2billion 2 years ago, I would expect them to take back many, many times that over the next 25.

Rule of thumb guess? BZG has got to be worth $20bn+. (You don’t invest more than 10% in any project, and even 10% is pushing it).

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:52 PM

But that was a long time ago and they seem to have gone unpunished. PSG too. Qatar too with the World Cup. AC Milan got slammed a while ago for breaking these rules but they said why have other teams been let off and then their punishment was rescinded. Anyway, I really hope we do things the right, fair and sporting way. I don’t want to wake up next week and find we have 25 new players I’ve never heard of, and all my current favourites have been sold. I hope we invest millions in the academy and bring our own through.

• jazzyp

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:57 PM

Dubai

As Takeover goes I understand the silence until hopefully a deal is done. But for me there still seems to many blanks to fill in which hopefully will be answered sooner rather than later

• Bobbybee

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:58 PM

TNMW – I think, but don’t quote me on it, they were told it couldn’t happen again, so basically letting them off but ensuring nobody else gets chance to do it! About par for the course really. We definitely won’t get away with it.

• DAVE..TOON..9

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:59 PM

should deffo sign Rondon up he will get a lot more goals when better players are brought in

• RobLeenio

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:04 PM

Anyone know if the rules UEFA had said they were going to introduce limiting the number of players clubs had out on loan were actually introduced? If not, is there a timeline?

If so, the transfer market will crash as clubs like Man City, Chelsea and PSG who have been stockpiling players are forced to release dozens of them and we’ll all be fighting on a much more even keel.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:05 PM

What is the FFP designed to do exactly? It can only mean that teams like us and Eolves will never be able to punch above their weights and will keep clubs like Real, Barca, MAN U etc at a constant advantage because of their history and fan base.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:06 PM

I have a massive bee in my bonnet when people say “for me” before they begin a sentence.

Who else would it be for?

Margaret Thatcher?

Little Jimmy Krankie?

• NY Mag

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM

TNMW,

Owners can put whatever they want into a club. That’s not what’s measured in FFP (although, of course it’s related)

1.. short term cost control – cannot increase wages by more than 7M a year unless it comes from a revenue increase (not including tv money)..there are also many other caveats

2. Long term stability – cannot makes more than 105M losses over a three year period (again many caveats)

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM

Tony Baloney,
    You should seek help for that, is it not just another way of saying in my opinion which in turn you are not stating it as FACT and that other people might have different ideas?

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:10 PM

My barber has a bee in his bonnet over people starting a sentence with to be honest.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:11 PM

And other bees in my bonnet:

For me, Clive.

That night in Barcelona.

• Binney

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:11 PM

That’s exactly what FFP is for Jail, protecting the big boys. If teams need to spend in excess of £1billion to win the league things we’re never really fair in the first place!

• jazzyp

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:12 PM

Baloney

Seek counselling pal.Might work wonders

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:13 PM

NY Mag,
    What is there purpose, baring in mind they were the brainchild of the two most corrupt men in the history of corruption.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:13 PM

Jail: it doesn’t bother me that much really mate. It just registers when I hear people say “for me”. I don’t even know why.

• Bobbybee

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Fixtures out on Thursday I believe. Let’s hope they’re a bit more gentle than last season.
    Right, nowt happening today then, I’ll come back tomorrow to see if anything changes. Be nice.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:15 PM

I think it might be the football commentators! I have heard so many times “For me, Clive” that I notice it now?

• Jib

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:17 PM

Rafa is at the training ground
    SSN have just shown a long range shot through the fence at Benton

• lesh

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:20 PM

Aye Bobby

Keep ya pooda dry and keep things sweet at SJP.

Anyway, there’s too many folk want to know other folks’ business these days. What they don’t know they won’t worry about.

• NY Mag

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:20 PM

Jail,

It’s stated purpose, is to stop a Pompey from happening
    However, as you said, it’s actually stops any club from getting in amongst the ‘big boys’

• Bobbybee

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:20 PM

For me, to be honest, I think people should stop being so precious about how other people choose to write their opinions 🙂 Have a nice day people.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:22 PM

for me/ in my opinion are used to come across as less abrasive when you are stating an opinion you know others might disagree with. kind of saying i’m not stating it as fact so don’t have a pop at me or this is my opinion but i’m not looking to crush others who state otherwise. I wouldnt use either in real life but on a blog maybe.

• dig-n-dig22

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:23 PM

Worst NUFC manager, Richard Dinnis

• jazzyp

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:24 PM

Bobbybee

Haha Naughty naughty.For me you are right in what you say tho

• Jib

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:26 PM

I told you all yesterday it was Rafa’s last day chillin’
    with the dogs and family on the Wirral.

Back to graft today