Rafa Is Back At Newcastle, But What Does This Mean?

Sky Sports has shown the following footage of Rafa Benitez returning to the Benton Training Ground, which was provided on Twitter by NUFC fan Robin Verhagen:

This is the first time the manager has been seen at Newcastle since his final press conference after the season’s final game at Fulham.

With less than three weeks remaining on his current contract, the speculation is vast as to why Rafa has returned.

Could there be significant progress on his contract talks? Is he there to do photographs with a new transfer?

Or maybe he there on routine business.

Let’s just hope we don’t get follow up footage of Benitez carrying a box of family photos and “How to Defend Corners” props back to the car.

Then there will be a Chernobyl level meltdown in Newcastle.

With the current level of communication from the club being sub-zero, all we can do is speculate.

It is really sad that the simple act of the manager returning to his club has resulted in mass confusion on Tyneside.

Keith Downie has sent out the following tweet on the return of Rafa:

Maybe it is just nothing. But how are we to know at this point.

• Uncertain Toon

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:18 PM

RobL, nice one mate. Been on here for years, keep getting bored with people and stop posting. Too many bellends talking pish

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:19 PM

Rob

I agree it’s frustrating as hell but I still think this one will happen.

Even with NDA surely that only covers the takeover part, I can imagine SJP has ground to a halt as anyone who asks a question gets the same no comment response.

I bet even making a coffee in the office is a nightmare, or buying anything at the club shop.

“Do you have this in a medium?”

“No comment”

“Do you take milk or cream?”

“No comment”

“Is this the 8th time we’ve been sold?”

“No comment”

• Uncertain Toon

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:21 PM

Thinking OLG has turned toon22’s computer off coz he’s using powerline adaptors, ergo too much wigglies!

• Tsunki

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:24 PM

It’s worrying how these tenuous links of tittle tattle germinate from social media to conventional media and back again. Online theorist blogger posits idea that Ashley is holding out for extended free advertising, filthy rag merchants and hacks add a bit of salt and some herbs and back it comes as definitely that’s what’s happening. As if billionaires need to give as concessions for a couple of years because they can’t scrape the few extra million all at once.

I think I might just start a stupid rumour of my own see if it gets elevated within a week to “official” status.

Some ITK insight for you – don’t tell anyone because I’ve got an NDA stamped on my forehead – I was walking down Dubai High Street on my way to the local Greggs for a halal sausage roll when I bumped into my old mate Bernie Winters (no he’s not dead but loves the Dubai women’s hockey scene and needs to keep a low profile for obvious reasons) well, it turns out he was at a cribbage night snorting Columbian talc with an old mate of his, a lapsed Shintoist and Sudanese army shaman given to wearing odd shoes to ward off door to door salesmen … but thats another story… butler to a Sheikh who is trying to buy a footy club in NorthEast England that doesn’t smell of wee and wet digestives, reckons he is about £6.75 short of £350m to buy the place and wanted his butler to throw Orthopaedic Shoe catalogues at the local Sports Direct shop until they gave in to his demands to stop advertising in England. Hopefully Ashley will pull the plug on his free advertising demands and just accept an all you can ear Wetherspoons voibmcger and a table by a fireside to vomit into when he gets drunk on two for one daiquiris in happy hour.

• Tsunki

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:26 PM

“just accept an all you can ear Wetherspoons voibmcger ”

Just accept an all-you-can-eat weatherspoons voucher”

Thanks autocorrect. Pop out for a curry did you? Brilliant.

• RobLeenio

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:29 PM

Lol, apologies Uncertain Toon I don’t always recognise returning posters, but good to see you back.

Whatever else happens, the health of Ed’s venerable blog has been boosted massively by this sheikhover speculation, given the number of new and returning posters like yourself.

• RobLeenio

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:34 PM

Tsunki, still and always the best satirist on this blog. Brilliant.

Even the unintentional ‘voibmcger’ – absolutely priceless.

😀

• Tony Baloney

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:40 PM

I have thought about signing up for twitter but reading some of Ed’s examples I fear it might not be good for my metal health. And these are probably the best ones as I see some of the political ones get very abusive.

I am not sure who I would follow either. Does Rafa have a twitter account? Ashley? I know Lee Ryder does but that would make my head explode.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:41 PM

Actually, it might be funny following Lee Ryder on twitter to see some of the replies. Is twitter moderated? If not, I can see Lee getting a lot of abuse.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:47 PM

Some of the most followed UK people on twitter are Stephen “posh, smartarse but he’s OK” Fry and Piers “posh, smartarse but he’s a c@nt” Morgan. I am not really sure if I want to hear what either has to say.

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:50 PM

I have it on good authority that Rafa was penning his list of players he wanted bought into the club, Chumlee asked Rafa to wait one minute and came back into the office with a microphone and started singing to Rafa.
    Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTAUr3Nm6I

• Uncertain Toon

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:53 PM

RobL, you stick some good stuff on here always worth a read to decide whether I agree or not! Tsunki is always worth a read also, especially when he’s on a wind up.
    I can’t see how this takeover is not real to be honest, too many pointers towards takeover all told.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:57 PM

I think the best attitude to take is to assume that a sale is happening and Rafa is going to continue as manager.

If one fails to happen, that’s life.

If both fail to happen, ON THE EFFEN PITCH!!!!!!!!!

• Shadow_Shearer

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:02 AM

Thinking of changing my blog name to no comment!

• lesh

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:03 AM

Nightshift

Club a gogo……….

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:04 AM

Uncertain Toon, cheers, I try to think before I speak. It generally depends on whether I’ve been drinking wine or not. Tonight, I’m not.

I agree with you on the sheikhover. The law of parsimony – the simpler of two theories is generally the correct one. Either for some unknown reason a wealthy member of an Arabian Royal family has been induced to repeatedly lie about this process, leading to a massive loss of honour and prestige, or the process is real and will happen in time.

Anyway, it just feels right.

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:04 AM

Shadow_Shearer

No comment!

😉

• Uncertain Toon

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:08 AM

Why aren’t we reading in the media about teams trying to sign our world class manager?
    Rafa out of contract at end of month and no one is sniffing, obviously the takeover is believed by the football community.

• lesh

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:11 AM

• Uncertain Toon

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:21 AM

Was that Jimmy Saville introducing them Lesh? Think before you speak son.

• Onn

Jun 11, 2019 at 4:33 AM

OR HE JUST WANTED TO COLLECT HIS PERSONAL STUFF AND LEAVE THE OFFICE?