Former Newcastle Defender Takes The Helm At Local Club

Gateshead FC have announced former Newcastle United centre-back Mike Williamson as their new head coach.

Below is a tweet with the announcement about the managerial appointment:

Mike Williamson played for Gateshead FC last season making thirty-one appearances in the National League and one in the FA Cup.

He joined Newcastle United on New Years Day 2010 from Portsmouth when we were in the midst of our successful promotion battle back to the Premier League.

Mike made 171 appearances for Newcastle before leaving to join Wolves in January of 2016.

We always thought of Williamson as a model professional who relished the opportunity to play for a club such as Newcastle.

He will have his work cut out for him at Gateshead as they have been through a bit of turmoil lately as explained in the Chronicle a few days ago.

Mike will begin his new reign in the National League North with Gateshead FC. We wish Mike and Gateshead the best of luck this coming season.

• geordietom

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:04 PM

LMAO@ RobLeenio …

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:04 PM

Tom

I think the way to do it is just keep flying away from the UK, eventually you’ll find somewhere cheap to fly back from.

If not hopefully it’s nice weather wherever you’ve end up.

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:05 PM

Ended

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:08 PM

Rob

Busmans holiday?

If you’re driving you ain’t holidaying mate you’re dads taxi.

Don’t believe the hype.

• Pain in the Blog

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:08 PM

Optimistic #59,

You are wrong. Spain is beautiful. The Spanish people are wonderful. It IS an exotic location if you know where to go. It is only the lager drinking British holidaymakers that are $hite – not the country. It appears that your idea of Spain is based entirely on ‘Y Viva España’.

• geordietom

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:09 PM

00 …

as i said ryan air … i dont do cheap but what do i know i’m only shields lad we know nowt…

• Munster Mag

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:13 PM

Is the other sun lounger for Jail?

• Just a fan

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:14 PM

Optimistic is a bit bolshie about people going to spain

• geordietom

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:17 PM

i go to benidorm as i’v got mates working there …

also i’v got a mate from doncaster who married a spanish lass ( well women ). he runs a school teaching the spanish. english . he loves it over there he’s been living there 20 years or so . he’s very well educated he speaks 10 or 11 different languages he wont have a word said about the spanish people . i’v also got a spanish mate Javi ( havi) loves the english .

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:19 PM

Pain

In your opinion.

Type in exotic location in Google I’d be surprised if Spain is in the top 10.

In fact I Googled exotic locations

Spain isn’t in the top 35, however Scotland and Ireland are, who knew.

• Just a fan

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:20 PM

I love benidorm un fortunately wor lass hates it.

• simon376

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:21 PM

Rob, know it’s a bit further out, but should do what I’ve done when driving to Italy, get the boat from North Shields to Ijmuden then go through Holland, then going to Spain hit France and carry on. Saves a tank of fuel on the way to the south coast for either the boat or train. Also get a night on the boat from here each way. I’m with you driving is part of the holiday, always enjoyed it. Going to Italy was good, through Holland, Germany and either Austria or Switzerland, depending on the route, get to see some places

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:24 PM

So because I said Jib claims Spain is exotic I now have a problem with people going to Spain I’m against OAPs, fortunately no ones said anything about me hating families, yet.

Am I also the type of man to vote for Trump because my takeaway was 15m late?

Get out much?

Apart from the bingo or lawn bowls?

• geordietom

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:24 PM

oh and Javi’s team is Atletico Madrid loves them to death . only problem is they play in the same colours as the mackems …

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:27 PM

Rafa keeps giving hints and making positive allusions to the probability that he’s staying at the Toon but I can’t help thinking that if there is something in the pipeline and he can’t talk about it, It must be very frustrating for him.

He is possibly dying to get the news into the open but can’t.

Can’t believe he wouldn’t be very upset at having to keep us in the dark.

• geordietom

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:30 PM

OO…

i dont do bingo mate … dont do bowls unless they are filled with home made bread and butter pudding.., LMAO

• geordietom

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:31 PM

but i do like a bit of Karaoke …

• Pain in the Blog

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:32 PM

OO,

Have you been to Spain? If so, which part? If not, then are you really basing your contempt for the country on Google searches?

• Ron Knee

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:33 PM

How are Chelski going to manage without Hazard?

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:38 PM

Pain

Basing everything on the documentary Benidorm, Tim Healey appeared as Jib

• MaximusToon

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:43 PM

I have been up and down on this takeover. After 12 years of the Fat Man I want it to be true, but until it’s announced officially by the club and BZG (if it ever is) then I will just hope more than believe. I personally think Cashley is in some financial troubles, He lost big on the whole Debenhams deal (think it was 130M) and he always said he was more asset and shares rich than cash rich (don’t believe the little toad but hey ho), maybe he is selling now as he needs the money so his grand plan doesn’t go up in smoke. I mean we are his cash cow but with the HMRS hanging around he has to be a little more careful. Like the gambler he is, maybe he is just cashing out now while he still has the chips

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:44 PM

Optimistic, you’re right, that’s no holiday, I’ve been had. Bloomin families always pulling the wool over your eyes, don’t you just hate then?

😉

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:45 PM

I hope King Felipe isn’t listening to what I’m saying on his walkie talkie

• Just a fan

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:45 PM

Optimistic
    Yes my bingo was cancelled but my judo was still on

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:46 PM

Rob

That’s a loaded question, scally wag

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:46 PM

Simon yes, considered the ferry from shields to Holland I’ve used it a few times in the past. We’re taking our dog along with us and that crossing is too long for her to be comfortable, otherwise a great suggestion.

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:48 PM

😀

• Just a fan

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:48 PM

Optimistic your getting a lot of traction maybe that’s what your after or you may be a nice guy who knows

• Pain in the Blog

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:49 PM

OO,

Reminds me of Eric Idle’s Travel Agent’s Sketch in an early Monty Python episode. Classic and well worth a Google search.

• simon376

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:50 PM

Aye Rob, that route would be no good with a dog, think you will have a good time tho

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:55 PM

Hope so mate, the whole trip is based around the dog. Had to have a camp site near a dog friendly beach with an English speaking vet close by. Anyone who says a dog doesn’t limit what you do is lying…

Wouldn’t have it any other way, obviously.

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:58 PM

Just a fan.

I’m not a fan of Harold Shipman of that helps.

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:58 PM

If if if if if if if

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:59 PM

Rob

Are you blaming the dog for you being a servant?

• jon

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:03 PM

Funny Rob, but there’s no pint in my hand 🙁

• Toon44

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:05 PM

Optimistic

You are a tit.

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:09 PM

Toon44

That’s a well presented rounded argument and who am I to disagree.

• Just a fan

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:09 PM

Optimistic your getting weird

• Just a fan

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:11 PM

Maybe bed time

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:16 PM

Yeah, I’m blaming the dog. Dog chauffeur, this is my lot in life.

🙁