Former Newcastle Defender Takes The Helm At Local Club

Gateshead FC have announced former Newcastle United centre-back Mike Williamson as their new head coach.

Below is a tweet with the announcement about the managerial appointment:

Mike Williamson played for Gateshead FC last season making thirty-one appearances in the National League and one in the FA Cup.

He joined Newcastle United on New Years Day 2010 from Portsmouth when we were in the midst of our successful promotion battle back to the Premier League.

Mike made 171 appearances for Newcastle before leaving to join Wolves in January of 2016.

We always thought of Williamson as a model professional who relished the opportunity to play for a club such as Newcastle.

He will have his work cut out for him at Gateshead as they have been through a bit of turmoil lately as explained in the Chronicle a few days ago.

Mike will begin his new reign in the National League North with Gateshead FC. We wish Mike and Gateshead the best of luck this coming season.

• firebug666

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:19 PM

On a personal note but football related the club I manage Horden United F.C. have tonight been voted onto the Peterlee & District Sunday League Division 2 and entered into 5 cup competitions, so I’m one chuffed Firebug tonight. Just thought I would share that, as nowt else seems to be happening.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:19 PM

I do hope that toon 44 is a juvenile troll and not a regular poster pretending to be a juvenile troll, one thing for certain is that he is someone who uses and reads the blog to know who the other toon numeric is.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:20 PM

firebug666,
    That’s got to beat fantasy football and Rafa bingo!

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:21 PM

firebug666,
    Are you going to do Ed’s fantasy league this year.

• firebug666

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:22 PM

Jail

Managing any team in real life, even at the grassroots level has to be better than fantasy anyday lmao.

• firebug666

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:24 PM

jail

I might mate.

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:26 PM

firebug, thanks for sharing, great to hear and congrats to you and your lads.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:29 PM

welshgeordie9

Jul 21, 2018 at 9:45 PM

Jail

How can I put this nice.

You are a first class tit. ?

welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:49 PM

Toonlegend is a tit.

welshgeordie9

Oct 22, 2018 at 7:31 PM

Optimistic

Rafa was the one who signed him, after all he was apparently in charge of all players coming in and leaving, so it’s his fault that was in his contract.

You tit
    It seems like our very own 35 year old juvenile troll has a fixation with tit’s 😮

• firebug666

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:30 PM

Thank you RobLeenio, we are all looking forward to the challenge, and we have a lot of quality in our squad so we should do very well.

• lochinvar

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:33 PM

Doesn’t let go, does he ?
    Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct has launched a last-minute legal challenge to Debenhams’ restructuring plans.
    Debenhams rejected two last-ditch takeover offers from Sports Direct before the keys to its shops were handed over to its lenders.
    Now Sports Direct has turned to the courts in a bid to overturn a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) that would see Debenhams closing 50 stores.
    Debenhams has called the challenge “spurious”

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:33 PM

I never even gave a thought to who this idiot toon44 was until I mentioned juvenile troll, the penny dropped immediately and a quick search of welshgeordie9 and the word tit brought up at least three posts that I could be bothered to look at.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:43 PM

Firebug

It’s good to hear things are going well mate.

Goodluck for next season.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:45 PM

Jail

I have a infatuation with tits, am I Toon44 and Welshgeordie

😉

I’m not 35 though

🙁

• firebug666

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:50 PM

Thanks, Optimistic,

it’s been a long hard road to get here but it’s been worth it, and now I have two teams, one I love with unrivaled passion, NUFC, and the other is no different, save I have a say in my team selection and tactics lmao. I am relishing going forward, but the icing on the cake would be the takeover of my beloved NUFC. Give us all that this summer and my life will be full.

• NY Mag

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:50 PM

LoL OP,

That did make me chuckle 🙂

• Optimistic Oryx

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:51 PM

Firebug

If I’m down that way I’ll come and tell you your doing everything wrong, like mates do.

• jimiley

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:57 PM

Rafa cannot sign for another club until 1st July. But do not worry. He is staying here. Why would he go anywhere else?

• firebug666

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:59 PM

Optimistic

If you get down this way mate you can always watch us play and have a few pints in the club after, and once were pi$$ed you can say what you like cos we will have all stopped listening by then lmao!

• Tinman

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:02 PM

Haway then Firebug…

Whats the go to formation?

Possession game? Counter attackers? Pacey wingers?

Do tell. Bored of all the will it won’t it talk, as clearly nobody has a clue!

• Just a fan

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:05 PM

Optimistic we all like tits

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:10 PM

I do like a blue tit.

That Mystique from the X-Men films….

• firebug666

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:15 PM

We tried a few formations Tinman, but do best with a 4-5-1, our fullbacks are very fast and can motor up and down that pitch for 90 minutes overlapping our wingers who are strong in the challenge, and very good passers, our midfield is strong too, can be clever with the ball, but our little striker, I swear that kid has magic in his feet, he can use both equally well, and turns defenses inside out, and scores goals for fun, it took some holding onto to him as most other clubs were wanting him. Our best centreback used to play for Ipswitch Town many moons ago (in goal) he is 42 years young now and still leaves younger lads standing. and our goalkeeper is arguably the best in the PDSL, has lots of experience from playing in leagues above where we are starting. so, all in all, I think we can do well mate. Looking forward to August, and getting started now.

• GeordieTwo

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:29 PM

I think Jane’s into beefy tits. She likes men over 45. I don’t know where that leaves Jib though….

• GeordieTwo

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:30 PM

Well done firebug. All the best for the season ahead mate.

• GeordieTwo

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:34 PM

Interesting to see wor Willow turn up again. Best of luck to him…

• firebug666

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:35 PM

Cheers Geordie Two, and if ever we need a commentator I know where to come marra pmsl.

• Ace50

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:45 PM

Hope it’s a good season firebug. I have to say, when I played (a few years back), I loved a 3-5-2 – we had two fast wingers who were able to get up and down the wing loads – a la Ritchie. Meant I could be the ‘sweeper’ centre half and get younger legs to do the running, and we were able to transition from defence to attack very quick – miss those days, but the managing is fun too

• toon22

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:51 PM

Have we been sold yet ?
    Maybe next week

😉

• firebug666

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:55 PM

Ace50

I use to play right wing many moons ago until the legs got left behind by the mind but I got to manage this club just before Christmas and it’s great to get back involved. I watch the lads in training and playing games and find it hard because I can’t get out there and join them, but then I see them sweating and grunting in training, and think, “thank god I don’t have to do that”. That passion for football is never lost mate, it just waits for the moment to wrap its greasy mitt around your heart, and you’re lost once more. It’s a lot like supporting NUFC, that raw passion versus that total despair, but I could be without it.

• Average_Contents

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:01 PM

Made up for you FB

What was more exciting? Ditching the ball n chain or setting up the footy and watching it come to fruition haha.

Glad your back anyway. You’ll have to keep us updated on how it pans out mate. Just hope you don’t turn into a captain codeye type coach.

Jfa

Surprised it took that long to answer your own question.

As clear as day. Didn’t mention any names as I can’t be arsed with the little wind up tw@t!

• Tinman

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:05 PM

Firebug, sounds like a proper team :D! All the best mate.

• JohnReese

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:10 PM

Firebug, talking about the legs being left behind by the mind. I came out of retirement a few years back after at least 10 years without kicking a ball. Playing in a 5’s tournament the company I work for had set up. It was agonising to know exactly what I wanted to do but have these 18 year old lads just sprint past me.

Now I stick to just the coaching, that was a real reality check.

• firebug666

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:10 PM

AC,
    Good to be back mate, and no, my coaching is easy going, the lads I have, have just sort of come together over the last few months, I have a couple of great coaches, one just back from Russia where he was coaching with CSK Moscow, really lucky to have him, and he plays for us too. I Will definitely keep you updated with our progress this season, it’s all looking good at the moment and we are hoping for some silverware in our first season because we at least think we are that good lol.

• firebug666

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:13 PM

JohnReese

Aye mate, it’s a painful realization, and one we have to live with, but as long as you remain involved that passion will never leave, and watching the lads progress under your coaching brings its own rewards. That’s what I keep telling myself lmao.

• bettyswallocks

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:15 PM

Dubai Micky has probably exposed Jib after revealing he is actually going to the Island of Mallorca and not mainland Spain.

Surely I’m not the only one to twig that Jib is the next new arrival on Love Island.

• lesh

See if this works..

shorturl.at/anw69

If not, I give in

• lesh

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:32 PM

@156/ 158

Google url shortened not working for ne, tiny link’s got a security issue

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:57 PM

The notion that this silence from the club is a reflection of Ashley having essentially “left the building” never to return and Rafa simply seeing out his current deal in readiness to sign a new one under new owners is bordering on irresistible.