Newcastle Transfer Target To Be Given Liverpool Chance

We had an article on Sunday about a report in the Mirror declaring that Liverpool had set Harry Wilson’s fee at £21M.

However, there is a new report in the Liverpool Echo that Jurgen Klopp will keep Harry Wilson and give him every opportunity to earn a place in the Liverpool side this summer .

The report also clarifies that Liverpool have not actually set a price tag on the Welsh winger.  Though they believe that if he is unable to cement a place in the Champions League winning side, he would be worth at least £25M.

This will be good news for Wilson if true. He has always maintained his desire to play for Liverpool, especially this year when he made the following comments in February:

“The main focus this season is to get promoted with Derby.  But Mason’s (Mount) goal is to play for Chelsea and my goal is to play for Liverpool.

“I have always felt like a Liverpool player. Everything is going along the right path.”

Upon the close of the season, Wilson made the following comments in the Guardian:

“Hopefully the manager has seen the games on TV and I’ve made a good impression. I’ll go back there pre-season; what happens from there I don’t know.”

Harry at least has it in his heart to fight for his place at Liverpool.  You can’t fault the youngster for that.

Harry Wilson– in demand winger may get Liverpool opportunity

There is now a host of clubs linked with this player so it will be very interesting to see how he gets on this summer.

If he is unable to force his way into the first team, which seems the likely outcome, Liverpool will either try to sell him or look for another loan spell.

He will definitely not stay at Liverpool as cover since that would stall his progress.   We suppose this will be another drawn-out transfer link for many of the interested clubs.

• IrishRob

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:07 AM

• IrishRob

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:08 AM

As usual.

• IrishRob

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:09 AM

Shout out to everyone who hates people who write, first.

• NY Mag

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:10 AM

Irishrob,

You’re getting good at this first malarkey 😀

• toon22

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:10 AM

Still not sold

Who do you think he will pretend to sell us to next time?

• lesh

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:14 AM

NY Mag

They say that those chasing ‘first’ have got nowt better to do.

I

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:17 AM

Who issued the “no comment” non comment when asked about Rafa’s return to the training ground? A simple “he works here” would have worked. It really sounds like all staff have been given instructions to say “no comment” to any questions, whatever they are.

• lesh

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:18 AM

Liverpool can show Ashley a thing or two eh?

They let it be know they’d be prepared to sell Harry Wison, set a price at £22m, a number of clubs show interest in buying him then Klopp decides he might like the lad and hold on to him.

Sounds familiar…..

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Nicky from previous, agreed – both would be ideal, Rafa staying would presumably signal a change in attitude from Ashley so may be ok also.

If Rafa leaves, pushed out be the new owner, well, I’m not happy about that at all, but I’m not going to jump from hating Ashley to hating the new owner immediately. I’m done with negativity, I want a period of peace and quiet just enjoying the football for a change.

The new ownership would have to have a good reason for releasing Rafa. If that wasn’t apparent and results were poor, I think the fans would soon use the change of manager as a handy stick to beat the new ownership with, which would be a shame for all concerned so early into a new era.

Why take the risk? Give the fans what they want and sign Rafa to a new contract. Give Rafa what he wants to drive the club forward, if he fails to do so with all the tools he’s requested, then reassess the situation at that point, maybe two seasons down the line.

Personally, Rafa being as meticulous and talented as he is, I don’t think that will come to pass and the team will go from strength to strength. Keeping Rafa just seems to be the sensible and responsible way forward.

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Would you like fries with that – no comment

Chicken or fish – no comment

Angelina Jolie is giving free blow jobs in the back roon, want one – no comment

• lesh

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:21 AM

Tony B

‘No comment’ speaks volumes and Ashley knows it.

• NY Mag

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:26 AM

Lesh,

At this time of night (evening for me) there probably is nowt better to do

• NY Mag

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:27 AM

I’m not sure who at the club would even know much to give a comment – charnley’s probably in the loop and maybe whoever is head of finance.

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:31 AM

“I’m a Billionaire Sheikh would you like me to buy your football club?”

“No com…….. What’s that you say?”

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:31 AM

Roblenio: at the very least Rafa has shown he gets Newcastle – fans, town, place, people. He has formed a bond. That gives him a lot of slack to get things right even if he gets off to a slow start.

Contrast that with Mourinho (who is not coming anyway, it is just tabloid rubbish). But for the sake of argument, you would not know what you would be getting. First Chelsea Mourinho or Man U Mourinho? Would you want another Ruud Gullit situation?

• IrishRob

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:38 AM

Lol I’m very bored lately Mag.

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Tony, yep – that bond with the fans is something we haven’t seen since Sir Bobby, Hoots to an extent but I don’t think he was ever quite the personality we wanted, though he earned our respect. To let that go for an unknown just doesn’t sit well with me.

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:39 AM

I am not sure if I have ever seen someone’s personality change as much as Mourinho’s from his first Chelsea stint to Man U. Maybe Schteve at the end of his England tenure.

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:42 AM

Roblenio – first 10 games last year shows how much faith fans have in Rafa. If that had been Pardew or Carver they’d be burning effigies of them and the Fat Man outside SJP.

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:45 AM

There wasn’t even that much pushback on here even though we were not only losing but also playing awful football. A few moans but no rebellion. That Catchy in Norway bloke was the only one to really go off the deepend as far as I can remember. May have been others but they are not around now.

They probably should be as we are being p!ssed about and they would be in their element. Like the Frog.

• IrishRob

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:46 AM

Lesh none of us have anything to do when were all here arguing about who said nothing today for the 100th time. So i guess you better use me because I’m not really bothered to say much more than first. When there is something decent to talk about instead of arguing I’ll join in.

• IrishRob

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:47 AM

Sue me

• jon

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:47 AM

Jail, from previous, turning up on the door, always a good shout

• lesh

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:57 AM

IrishRob

We need the Sheikh in at SJP to stimulate some craic

• NY Mag

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:06 AM

Lesh,

Patience is all that is needed…it’s happening 🙂

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:07 AM

And everytime I hear the phrase “over the line” an image of Pardew comes to mind. Followed by the phrase “we couldn’t get him”. I will never be able to hear that again without thinking about Pardew.

• NY Mag

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Tony,

It’s best not to ever think about pardew….bad for your health 🙂

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:12 AM

I could be watching TV and someone on a cooking show says “over the line” and an image of Pardew pops into my mind. In a business meeting – over the line – Pardew!

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:15 AM

NYMag: Imagine being Rondon. You know you are good but you’ve had 2 years of Pulis so nobody else knows you are good. Actually you would think that if anyone could use Salomon it would be Pulis. But now, your big chance with Pulis gone! Who should step in but Alan – over the line – Pardew. Fck.

• NY Mag

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:18 AM

Tony,

When you put it like that…it is a little scary 🙂

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:19 AM

And I almost forgot. Carver as well. After his roaring success in Cyprus.

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:28 AM

If this takeover goes on much longer I am going to get as bored as Irish Rob soon. It has already started. I saw my therapist today and he told me there is no such thing as a talking frog. Only in cartoons and movies, he said. But what about Hiya KBA I say. That is real! No, dear boy it is not. Take this prescription for 2 parts lithium and 1 part valium to the chemist and see me again next week. Make sure you stop by the reception on the way out and pay my hourly rate of $250.

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:30 AM

33rd

• NY Mag

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:30 AM

Lol, tony…

Patience my friend….that’s all that is required

• Shadow_Shearer

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:41 AM

My guess is fatty hates us nearly as much as we hate him. Which is hard to picture that much hate. But he goes to far lengths to annoy the shit out of us.

It will not surprise me if he deliberately drags this on, surely he will not want us having the last laugh. He may even wait till the last minute of the transfer window.

Seriously hope not, but fatty is unpredictable.

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:47 AM

But, but… its is all a ruse. A mirage, come from the deserts of Dubai to taunt us. There is no such person as Sheikh Khalid. It is like the movie Usual Suspects. Kaiser Sose. Kevin Spacey has made it up in between his day job of touching up teenage actors in their Old Vic.

• NY Mag

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:54 AM

Shearer,

Don’t take any notice of what’s in the newspapers (or on social media) – look at the evidence in front of your eyes.
    BZG, confirm on the 29th May that the fit and proper persons test is underway, the EPL (in their own rules says they will respond in five business days)..on the 5th June (the day after 5 business days)…..BZG incorporate a new company…..now its in hands of the lawyers, it’ll take a while, but the deal is already done..

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:00 AM

Keeping with the Sheikh theme. Chicago is an oasis in the Midwest. After that I would probably say Ann Arbor is about the next best place. I have no interest in college football but would still go to a Michigan – Ohio State game. Not Minneapolis. Been there 3 or 4 times and it is boring.

• Shadow_Shearer

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:06 AM

NY

Any idea how long it takes for the lawyer’s to finish there work??

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:08 AM

Irish Rob, I feel sorry for your Partner if you’re always first, trying showing some compassion.