Rafa’s Interview On Newcastle Future – Potential Is There – A Great Club, Great Place, Great Fans

There’s an excellent piece in the Chronicle today on how Rafa spent time at the Barnstondale Centre near his home in the Wirral last week.

He does a lot of charity with his wife Montse in Liverpool and especially with children.

He was at the Center last week and was with seven children, and they took a ride around the facility in a trailer, as shown in the photograph.

Rafa Benitez taking a ride with seven delighted children last week in Liverpool

It looks like Ronaldo was also there?

How could that be?

The Chronicle interviewed the Center manager George Jones, who talks about what Rafa told him about Newcastle in this tense period of waiting for the boos to sign a new deal:

“Obviously, he can’t tell me what’s going on, but he’s very optimistic that something will happen and the team will be able to deliver”

“I think the fans trust him and they know he’s got the best intentions for the team and he wants to do great things with the team.”

“I think his ability as a top manager is not in question at all given what he’s done with Liverpool and now with Newcastle.”

“He’s just looking for the opportunity to take them right up there and do it with them.”

“He said to me, ‘The potential is there. It’s a great club. A great place, great fans.'”

“He would be very happy to continue there.”

“Every time he mentioned Newcastle, he was very optimistic about the possibilities, but it’s still got to happen for them with the developments in the club and everything.”

“He didn’t say what was happening or what wasn’t happening; he just mentioned something may come up and he hopes it will for the better of the club.”

“If he got the resources to carry on, I think he will be delighted to stay. That’s the impression he gave me – that he is still committed to it all.”

“He didn’t give me any indication at all about moving away from the club. All he talked about was, ‘We could do so well.’ Everything was positive for the club. He was unbelievably positive about the club.”

“I think he would like to take them to greater things. That’s the way he came across. He was quite relaxed in what he was saying. He loves being there, and he loves the club.”

“He gave his time up, and I know he is a busy man and has a lot of commitments. As he was going around, obviously, people recognized him, and he gave them the time to have photographs with them and have a chat with them.”

” Up here, he’s still extremely well regarded – unbelievably so – with his ties with Liverpool.”

“He’s done so well at Newcastle. I said to him, ‘You’ve got fantastic support up there,’ and he just praised the fans so much.”

“He said, ‘They’re very like the Liverpool fans. Down to earth and know their football. They really are committed to the team.'”

We wonder just how long this deadlock is going to continue at Newcastle?

It will take some leadership from Ashley to get things going – so that’s not good news.

• Frank pingles come sock

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:42 PM

Enough said

ITK

• jazzyp

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:45 PM

There is one thing I 100% believe ,And that is that Rafa knows what’s going off regarding the Takeover.
    Maybe his contact is already in place and Charnley is being kept on in some capacity

• Tony Baloney

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:46 PM

One Fine Day: I think I had left Newcastle before the Trelford Mills game. What I remember about the SJP night games as a kid was getting the mystery meat hot dogs. The watery chopped up onions and the toxic tomato sauce/ketchup. I am surprised I still have a lining on my stomach after that.

• Markaccus

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:53 PM

Muz

Re the thumb emoji. Again I am just being paranoid, but the default one is usually yellow. Apparently we are all Simpson 😀

• Bobbybee

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:53 PM

That pretty much sets my mind at ease anyway. He knows what’s going on, he just can’t say because he’s been instructed not to. Doesn’t prevent him dropping big hints though, does it? 🙂

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:00 PM

TyneMouth from previous, very nicely written article.

• Ron

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:02 PM

Hi jazzyp
    Charnley being kept on? Surely they already have cleaners.

• martoon

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:04 PM

I have to say the silence if deafening – I know about the NDA’s but surely that doesn’t mean nufc can’t give a generic statement such as “negotiations are progressing there will be an announcement in due course”. It really is a disgusting way to treat supporters and ST holders and I am one because I’m already paying for next year’s on the DD scheme without knowing exactly what I’m paying for!

• hibbit

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:05 PM

• TyneMouth

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:06 PM

Repost, with corrections…

If the Sun newspaper hadn’t revealed it’s scoop news, 16 days ago, about a takeover of NUFC by BZG, then this blog would be entirely preoccupied with the total lack of news about anything concerning our plans for next season.

There would certainly no debate about the merits, truth and prospects of a potential takeover! In fact the number of posts on this blog would have been miniscule compared to a relative deluge of new and old posters. Also the volume of ‘views’ has gone thro’ the roof.

The overall reaction to the Sun’s revelation was overwhelmingly positive, and in general it was considered to be a plausible development.

After 16 days the fan’s are losing patience, which is somewhat understandable, it’s like when you’re young, and you know Xmas is coming, it can’t come fast enough!

However in reality it’s more like buying a house, only very rarely does the process proceed fast and smoothly, there are too many factors and Professionals involved, (Real Estate professionals, Financial and Legal, always work at their own pace, partially to justify their fees!)

If this is the norm with basic domestic house purchase, what’s it like with an International business takeover, of a well known sporting brand, by a traditionally private and secretive Arabic business group, especially as the whole transaction is worth over one third of a million GBPs..

I think the process is running relatively smoothly, certainly compared with my last house purchase. My purchase was on the face of it, reasonably simple, both parties were chain free, the money was lodged with the lawyers, who were investigating various items regarding future or imminent planning activities, adjacent boundary specifics etc etc. One thing after another dragged a process, that should have taken a few weeks, to a 14 week conclusion.

With the best will in the world, these things take time.

Usually these procedures are held in private, (as was the case with the Chelsea and Man City purchase.) but thanks to the Sun’s scoop, our takeover is happening, behind a legal wall of silence…

• Tony Baloney

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:07 PM

Roblenio: I don’t really see blogs as typical social media. At least not like twitter anyway. You can reply on a blog and see a theme develop and have point and counter-point. On twitter, from what I have seen, it is pretty much random and also tends to get out of hand. A bit like when the Fight Club is on here 🙂

• IrishRob

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:08 PM

Keep calm and write….. First

• supersholamackemslayer

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:09 PM

It’s an interesting one regarding Midhat’s Twitter handle. To have an account set up back in 2012 with the name and the credentials and it to be a coincidence is a stretch. My other half has been on Twitter for years but she has never once sent a tweet. Does that make her fake? This account follows the right people? Are they following him back? Also he does follow some betting websites?

The comments regarding a non UK citizen being added to official documents of a UK company are interesting. Legitimate documents would be needed to set up a non UK citizen. I’ve had to do it previously also for an American on a UK travel company. It was a absolute headache with all the documentation required. I highly doubt a Sheikh would ruin his reputation on an elaborate hoax. Nor would Cinkanies house allow anyone to register a company director without legitimate documentation. We sit tight even though the wait is making us squirm and see this through to the end.

• supersholamackemslayer

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:10 PM

Companies house

• Jib

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:12 PM

Thirst

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Geoff hurst

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:16 PM

If the story hadn’t come out we’d be going nuts that there were no signings and Benitez & Rondon weren’t tied down. Instead we’re going nuts that it isn’t going through immediately.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:17 PM

Can you heart yourself on here? Not sure why anybody would heart someone writing “first” otherwise?

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:17 PM

Didn’t one of our bloggers get the scoop on the takeover from some girl he met at a party a few day’s before the Sun’s story?

• Tony Baloney

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:18 PM

Yes, you can heart yourself. I just did it !

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:19 PM

Tony, yeah, I was being slightly facetious and taking the opportunity to have a generic swipe at everyone who posts on here (myself included).

Agreed this place is more civilised than Twitter, also you do get to know the personalities of those who post regularly. As with any forum, some get on, others don’t but you can’t ignore even those who you don’t like very easily – you still get an idea of what they’re saying by how others respond to them.

Twitter is like speed dating, whereas anyone who comes on Ed’s blog is here for a serious relationship.

• TyneMouth

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:20 PM

Should have said, @ #14…

…one third of a BILLION GB£s…even…

• Mag52

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:21 PM

AO.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:21 PM

you can heart yourself. i just did it. wish i’d known this early. i could have appeared more popular all these years. to think of all those unhearted posts i laboured on.

• Mag52

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:22 PM

Thanks heavens for Jurgen Klopp.
    If it were Liverpool looking for a new manager I’d be a lot more worried.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:24 PM

Cursed

• beefman13

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:31 PM

Benitez is going nowhere, total bullshite in that report.

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:44 PM

I’ve just been a little bit sick in my mouth

🙁

😉

• Jib

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:45 PM

😛

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:47 PM

Chelsea’s own blog has moved to calm angry fans saying there’s nothing at all in Rafa rumours.

• jazzyp

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:48 PM

Ron

Hey mate and yeah that’s all Charnley is worth mate to be honest.
    But it wouldn’t surprise me if he is kept on as an interim until the new owners have everything in place

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Jib

Anyone ever told you that you look like Seth Rogen?

• Jib

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:51 PM

I thought Rogen had a full beard

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:52 PM

No Comment!

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:54 PM

Anyone else surprised that none of the ‘reliable journalists’ haven’t brought the name Garry Cook into this?

He was said to be interested around the time the Kenyon link surfaced and was CEO at Citeh when Mansour took over.