The Big Boys Are Now After One Of Our Top Targets

Dorukhan Tokoz, who over the weekend excited many with his display against France, is now a target for some of Europe’s preeminent clubs.

There is news now that after his performance against France, Juventus have become interested in the Turkish midfielder.

Apparently, the Juve scouts were at that match to watch Sassuolo defender Merih Demiral and couldn’t help but notice Tokoz.

Incidentally, Juventus does appear close to signing Demiral from Sassuolo. But now they have Tokoz on their radar as well.

Dorukhan Tokoz– may now be a bridge too far

That performance in France appears to have done wonders for Tokoz’s international profile. As it is also being reported, that Arsenal will now send scouts out to watch the player.

The most recent news is that Arsenal will watch the player today in Turkey’s Euro qualifier against Iceland.

It appears that this player is now in high demand. Besiktas could make a massive profit on a player they bought in the summer for only €750K.

The latest fee bandied about for Tokoz has reached as high as €20M. Now with Arsenal and Juventus sniffing about, Besiktas should probably hold out for more.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:14 AM

The Dunes remain unwavering and commentless

• Novocastrian66

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:20 AM

Ashley has well and truly messed this up yet again. Rafa said it would take a week to ten days to sort his contract out. It hasn’t happened and he is off.

• beefman13

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:27 AM

Novo me old son, we all know very little apart from the very strong statements given by the Sheikh’s group, let it play out, we know virtually everything done at the club keeps us hanging on till the last min, the positives on the deal massively outweigh the negatives.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:28 AM

Lampard gets a free hit at Chelsea this year with the transfer ban. There are literally 49 players out on loan so he has a big squad anyway, plus Pulisic. They had signed Hazard’s replacement anticipating the transfer ban. And Willian just signed a new deal.

Given Roma just signed a new manager I am not sure where Rafa would go next.

Wait for a PL club sacking? French clubs can’t afford him.

There is only really Sevilla whose manager has leukemia but says he wants to stay.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:33 AM

How anyone in their right mind would even suggest that Rafa has signed a deal a few weeks ago and is keeping it quiet because of an NDA. He’d hardly be breaching it by sending a message to the fans that everything is ok and not to worry. He isn’t sending that message because evidently it’s not ok, and he doesn’t have a scooby whether it will be or not.

• JohnJ

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:36 AM

The suspense is killing me!

• Jib

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:36 AM

Novocastrian66

Ashley has well and truly messed this up yet again

No evidence of that

Rafa said it would take a week to ten days to sort his contract out.

no he didn’t

• toon22

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:37 AM

JIB

It’s never MAs fault;)

• toon22

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:38 AM

Who do you think he will pretend to sell us to next time?

LoL

• Neil Harrison

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:38 AM

Rob Leenio from last thread,

Yes your post did inspire me . I had been thinking of a good analogy since yesterday’s news with Rafa at the training ground about why we are so desperate at the moment. Your post was the perfect one.

• toon22

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:39 AM

How many of your alt accounts are pro MA too ?

• DAVE..TOON..9

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:44 AM

Rafas being linked to chelsea job according to talksport

• Tony Baloney

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:47 AM

Does anybody seriously think Mourinho would go back to Chelsea? Another made up story. Same with Rafa to Chelsea. Just total rubbish to have in a headline and get clicks. And Mourinho to NUFC – more of the same.

Rafa’s best option is still NUFC but he doesn’t know who he would be working for. Until that is sorted we may as well not even bother speculating.

If he plays the long game he can have the Man U job if he wants it. I would almost want that if he doesn’t manage us as the comedy value with the scousers might be worth it.

• RobLeenio

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:49 AM

Neil, I’m pleased you found it useful. As I said previously (and I speak for most on here, I imagine), we’re all happy to help any way we can.

BTW, how do you get a big picture like that? Fancy

😉

• Neil Harrison

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:52 AM

Thanks Rob,

My wife took the picture on the back porch. My dad just put it on my profile the other day.

• Oldgit1

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:52 AM

Do we know if Rafa has returned home or is he still in the North east. Reason being is I’m sure it’s in his contract that no players leave without a replacement incoming. That’s why I don’t think anything is happening regarding Perez.

I do however, have an uneasy feeling about Rafa not staying. God I hope it’s wrong. I think it will be too early for Lambard to become the Chelsea manager especially with a transfer ban in place. Think the club will want an experienced man at the helm to see the club through, let’s face it we have had a few players on loan from Chelsea so Rafa must still have a good relationship with the club owner or the staff.

From a lighter side, I would love to see Kennedy face when Rafa walks into the club.

• ShaytoStay

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:53 AM

Swalbr.. still corrupted logon. Looneytoon is there, can’t understand people having 2 usernames

• toon22

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:53 AM

You don’t find many places where people take MAs side of things

Hiya JIB

• Neil Harrison

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:54 AM

I’m not sure why it’s bigger than the other profile pictures though.

• G

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:55 AM

Neil @ 20. It’s probably an American thing (Go Big, or Go Home!)

• Jib

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:56 AM

• Tony Baloney

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:57 AM

Some perspective:

The Telegraph just did a top 10 possibilities for the Chelsea job and Rafa isn’t even on their list.

Lampard 4/7

Brendan Rodgers 33/1

If Brendan is ahead of Rafa then there is no chance. So, we can rule out Chelsea whatever the random click generating machines come up with.

• Jib

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:59 AM

• Posh_Geordie

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Another day of no real news:

Optimistic posts; It’s a done deal a guy selling flip flops in Dubai told me.

Balanced posts; It takes time to progress but there are many hurdles to make a deal and the fatest one is Ashley.

Pessimistic posts; I’m a Frog, I’m a Frog, F@ck you I’m a Frog!!

• Jib

Isn’t it Pride month?

• Jib

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Hush yor mouf

• DubaiMicky

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Aren’t the team due to return from holiday on Thursday? I would suggest that could be quite a pivotal day.

IF Rafa was with charnLIE for 2 hours yesterday and IF he walked out with a few boxes (why has this not been reported/photographed – we all have phones with cameras on), then shirley on Thursday IF he turns up we’ll know we have a manager. If he doesn’t then we don’t (with apologies to Godfather 2).

• Tony Baloney

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:06 PM

Anyway, there are no jobs in England for Rafa. None in Italy.

Wait for Sevilla? Possibly PSG down the road but that won’t happen until the latter stages of the Champions League.

So Rafa will let it play out at NUFC and we will be left hanging until it does.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:07 PM

July 4 is 1st pre-season training.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:09 PM

Dubai Micky; Rafa is still under contract so if this Thursday is when the coaches return he will be there. I don’t see that day as having any significance.

• Kamakazeee

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:10 PM

• Jib

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:11 PM

Pre season doesn’t star until the first week in July

• Jib

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:12 PM

start even

• JohnReese

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:16 PM

Less than halfway to London, charger on the bike I use for my phone has died so this is going to be god awful with no music

• Jib

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:18 PM

Micky
    Thursday is PL fixtures day

• Tony Baloney

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:24 PM

I don’t like using the term “fake news” because it has been hijacked by Trump. But can we call the “Rafa to Chelsea” stories Seriously Stupid News?