web analytics

French Club Declares It Time For Newcastle Target’s Move

We were first linked with Stade de Reims forward Remi Oudin exactly one month ago in L’Equipe.

Reims President Jean-Pierre Caillot has given a recent interview on France Bleu radio about his young phenom.

From his interview, it is clear that Reims is looking to cash in on the player this summer.

Here is what he said:

“For the moment, the only player who clearly has a good exit because we gave him our word at the beginning of the year, it is Rémi Oudin.”

“For him, considering all the approaches that are made by clubs from everywhere, I think it may be the right time to go because sometimes, to do the year more, it’s never good neither for the player nor for us.”

“So we will see, we will not sell him off, he will leave if he has a project that suits him and obviously the Stade de Reims is there.”

What strikes us from this passage is that Caillot is clearly looking to strike while the iron is hot with Oudin.

He is correct that sometimes “to do the year more” does not always work out. If Oudin gets injured or has a prolonged patch of poor form, his fee could drop drastically.

The President of the club is hoping to extract as high of a fee from the many suitors as possible. As most Ligue 1 clubs are selling clubs, we can’t really fault him.

If reports are to be believed the Reims’ Academy product has a ton of interest across Europe.

He is linked with Newcastle and Watford in England as well as Fiorentina and Lazio in Italy.

In Spain, both Seville clubs, Real Betis and Sevilla, along with Getafe are said to be tracking the young Frenchman.

Let’s just say that half of Ligue 1 is also linked with him.

With a fee in the range of €10-€15M being quoted, there’s a good chance that Caillot could find a club to cash in on his young prodigy.

• toon22

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:17 AM

Who do you think he will pretend to sell us to next time?

• IrishRob

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:34 AM

The sheikh doesn’t need to sell us mate, hes loaded.

• TyneMouth

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:38 AM

Toon 22

To answer your query, according to Mick and Keef

… “Well I told you once and I told you twice

But ya never listen to my advice

You don’t try very hard to please me

With what you know it should be easy

Well this could be the last time

This could be the last time

Maybe the last time

I don’t know, oh no, oh no”

• one fine day

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:41 AM

Tony Baloney

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:46 PM

One Fine Day: I think I had left Newcastle before the Trelford Mills game. What I remember about the SJP night games as a kid was getting the mystery meat hot dogs. The watery chopped up onions and the toxic tomato sauce/ketchup. I am surprised I still have a lining on my stomach after that.

Yes i do recall those ..keegans hotdogs i recall they were called ..long before Kevin even graced us so nothing related to him.
    Happened to wander down a back lane of stowell street once on the way up to gallowgate and stumbled upon the vendors doing their “food prep” pre match.The guy was cutting his onions up with something that made me dads fishing knife look like a surgical scalpel Needless to say i never sampled the things again..and i never saw hamburgers ever come out of a tin lol.
    It is indeed a miracle any of us made it to adult hood after consuming those.

• one fine day

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:44 AM

So if this takeover happens welshy will,as promised,leave the blog but rock back up as toon legend or toon44 ?
    As for “tits’ I don’t this its so much an obsession more just a necessary vessel for his ewes milk requirement .:)

• TyneMouth

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:51 AM

Toon22

**Who do you think he will pretend to sell us to next time? **

To answer your query, according to Mick and Keef

… “Well I told you once and I told you twice

But ya never listen to my advice

You don’t try very hard to please me

With what you know it should be easy

Well this could be the last time

This could be the last time

Maybe the last time

I don’t know, oh no, oh no”

“Just sayin’…

• TyneMouth

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:59 AM

Sorry about the repost, I started typing in the back of an Uber taxi cab.
    Somewhere between the car and Château Tynemouth the post became public, such is life…

• lesh

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:02 AM

TyneMouth

Your posts @ 3 and 6

Are they the 19th and 38th nervous breakdowns?

• lesh

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:05 AM

TyneMouth

It’s quiet night and posting the same one again gives us more to read and respond to!

• NY Mag

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:09 AM

Lesh,

I think we’ve exhausted things to talk about…..with the silence coming from the club – I’m gonna have to start writing ‘no comment’ to Ed and Neil’s articles 🙂

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:14 AM

Finding a player to compete with Rondon will likely be tough, because he’ll almost certainly be asked to play second fiddle.

Despite all his injuries, is Carroll a possible target for us now that he’s available on a free?

Certainly he can function in a similar role.

2 year deal on 40k a week perhaps.

Could Andy be offered the chance come home for that, and would he take it?

• TyneMouth

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:15 AM

Thank you Lesh.

This will be the last time,

Talk tomorrow…

• NY Mag

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:25 AM

Nicky,

Is Carroll available on a free transfer?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:27 AM

I believe so NY, his West Ham contract is reportedly due to expire in June.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:27 AM

…and I read he’d been released.

• NY Mag

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:30 AM

Nicky,

Yes, I just looked it up – you’re right
    I can’t believe he is 30 all ready

If we get new owners….you could possibly see the romanticism in him “coming home” for the twilight of his career – but is he a Rafa type of player?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:32 AM

I’m a BIG Andy Carroll fan, but even on a free I of course would think a return quite unlikely, and extremely unlikely under cashed up new owners. But I’d still love to see him once again in black and white, and there must be at least a slight possibility now that he’s available on a free and because we will need a replacement for Joselu which might prove tricky.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:38 AM

Carroll has plenty of Rondon type attributes, he also dishes it out and runs around, so possibly Rafa might like him as player. Maybe not though 🙂

“….. he is a good team man Carroll will continue to run willingly, lumbering sideways like a drunken horse, still doing his “passing”, addressing the ball with the finesse of a man booting an old hubcap along a motorway verge. But what he really wants to do is fly free, wrenching his neck muscles majestically, toppling like a collapsed telephone mast, seeking the kind of perfect swinging cross Joey Barton would often launch in search of that club-like forehead.”

• Tony Baloney

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:43 AM

What’s the point of getting a player when they are always either injured or recovering from an injury? There is no continuity. Carrol has had like 5 years of being continually injured with one thing or another.

May as well get Jack Wilshere from West Ham while we’re at it!!!! Keep Andy company on in the treatment room.

• Oldgit1

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:44 AM

Nicky you have take into account that this guy is injury prone. Sorry mate but he hasn’t covered himself in glory, look up the number of games he has played since he left his beloved club. He has had his time, time to move on.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:48 AM

Here’s a couple more classic Barney Ronan paragraphs about Andy.

“…at least judging by his performance last weekend at Upton Park, during which Carroll scored two headed goals and did not so much outmuscle as traumatise the Swansea defence, appearing in the middle of those scattered white shirts as though catapulted in from some unforeseeable angle, like an Action Man hurled into the middle of a dolls’ tea party, boots popping off, legs flailing, grippy hands bringing down the lampshade, scattering the crockery.”

“The suggestion is Roy Hodgson may now consider “taking him to France”. Because this is what you do with Carroll. You don’t select him. You “take him”, you ship him out, like mobilising some particularly fearsome piece of weaponry, battering at the container walls as the ships leave Dover, peering out at the cowering villagers as the colony thunders south through Normandy.”

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:50 AM

Ronay

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:53 AM

Sure, too often injured, but as a second fiddle on a free. I’m like a dog with a favorite old bone on this, I can’t stop myself from digging it back up. 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:55 AM

Roy Hodgson has not been England manager for 3 years so your quotes are out of date.

Carroll gives you 3 games a year when he is not either injured or recovering from injury.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:57 AM

He’s not FREE though Nicky. You have to pay his wages and he is talking up space on in the squad that could go to Sorensen for example. If he gets paid 50k a week for 3 games he will play that is2,5 million a year. Bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• NY Mag

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:00 AM

Tony,

You’re a hard man to please…..I guess Nicky was just throwing his name out there for discussion – we ain’t really got a lot to discuss these days.

Remember, when silence descends is when the fight club starts 🙂

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:01 AM

Still good quotes though.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:02 AM

They show quite a few West Ham games in the US so I saw Andy Carroll when/if he played. He would look good for 20 minutes and put himself about. No signs of injury. Then on Monday morning you would read that he had torn his hamstring or ruptured his eyebrow and would be out for 3 months.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:03 AM

NY Mag: I am not trying to start a Fight Club. Just trying to forcefully state my opinion that Andy Carroll gets injured a lot and would be a mistake 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:07 AM

Nicky: Barney Ronay is a very good writer, even if he does use the occasional frilly metaphor. I wish Wor Lee would read and learn from him and we might get more than an extended tweet in The Chronicle from the Geordie Bard.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:08 AM

In all seriousness though, I’d have Carroll in the squad ahead of Joselu and Sorensen without having to think a second more about it, and as I’ve said it’s to play second fiddle, which is never easy to cover effectively. So there are pro’s and obvious cons and as I’ve said it’s quite unlikely anyway, but still plausable now he’s available on a free.

• NY Mag

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:08 AM

Tony,

And I would have to agree with you on that…..his injury record is pretty terrible.
    And I don’t think he’s coming back to us…..but it is a pretty romantic notion that the no.9 who left us because of the fat controller, returns to score more goals as the fat controller is ousted 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:16 AM

Nicky, mate. But he wouldn’t be in the squad FFS he would be on the treatment table picking up 2.5 million a year in wages that could be better spent on someone else.

How many more ways can I say it.

He is a sicknote. He could be Pele or Messi but he is no use if he is always injured. Which he is.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:17 AM

CARROLL IS NOT FREE!!! HE WOULD COST A MINIMUM OF 2.5 MILLION A YEAR.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:21 AM

Carroll got about 100k a week at West Ham. I saw some article a few weeks ago showing the world’s richest footballers and Andy was number 17. Maybe it was good investments he had made but still, that’s good for someone who HARDLY EVER PLAYS 🙂

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:21 AM

I’ve been hearing you Tony. It’s not really necessary. I know all about Andy Carroll.

• geordietom

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:21 AM

no thanks dont want big andy …

• Tony Baloney

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:30 AM

If you want to pay someone 3 million a year for injuring themselves cutting their toenails and being out for 3 months then good luck with Andy. Second fiddle is no fiddle if he leaves his fiddle at home and only turns up for the last 30 seconds of the encore.

• NY Mag

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:31 AM

Tom,

You haven’t got time to chat – you’ve got a flight to catch 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:37 AM

Nicky: I am not having a go at you. I am having a go about the concept of paying Andy Carroll a lot of money to be injured. Hopefully another mug team will do it and not NUFC. I mean, West Ham, the team that got Jack Wheelchair for 100k as week are cutting sicknote Andy loose.