French Club Declares It Time For Newcastle Target’s Move

We were first linked with Stade de Reims forward Remi Oudin exactly one month ago in L’Equipe.

Reims President Jean-Pierre Caillot has given a recent interview on France Bleu radio about his young phenom.

From his interview, it is clear that Reims is looking to cash in on the player this summer.

Here is what he said:

“For the moment, the only player who clearly has a good exit because we gave him our word at the beginning of the year, it is Rémi Oudin.”

“For him, considering all the approaches that are made by clubs from everywhere, I think it may be the right time to go because sometimes, to do the year more, it’s never good neither for the player nor for us.”

“So we will see, we will not sell him off, he will leave if he has a project that suits him and obviously the Stade de Reims is there.”

What strikes us from this passage is that Caillot is clearly looking to strike while the iron is hot with Oudin.

He is correct that sometimes “to do the year more” does not always work out. If Oudin gets injured or has a prolonged patch of poor form, his fee could drop drastically.

The President of the club is hoping to extract as high of a fee from the many suitors as possible. As most Ligue 1 clubs are selling clubs, we can’t really fault him.

If reports are to be believed the Reims’ Academy product has a ton of interest across Europe.

He is linked with Newcastle and Watford in England as well as Fiorentina and Lazio in Italy.

In Spain, both Seville clubs, Real Betis and Sevilla, along with Getafe are said to be tracking the young Frenchman.

Let’s just say that half of Ligue 1 is also linked with him.

With a fee in the range of €10-€15M being quoted, there’s a good chance that Caillot could find a club to cash in on his young prodigy.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:16 AM

Even when they dressed Little Jimmy Krankie in an evening dress to go to some event it looked like they had put it on OVER the school boy uniform.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:18 AM

Didn’t realise you were still awake Nicky. I was doing bad double acts for my own amusement.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:23 AM

I’m just about to go to work actually, to teach English to a really really rich guy who has just been released from the big house after a seven year stretch for threatening to do in the daughter of the chief of police.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:31 AM

Hmm… OK. Stay safe. We wouldn’t want you to have no more delusional Andy Carroll transfer wishes to tell on here.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:37 AM

Yes, it’s bizarre. However, so long as the money’s on the mantelpiece at the end of the month…….. 🙂

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:41 AM

Make sure your head is not on the mantelpiece!

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:46 AM

He’s an absolute gentleman, if you can manage to overlook the death threats. Anyhoo, I’m off. Goodnight.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:51 AM

Yep, bit like saying Charles Manson was funny, if you ignore The Family and slaughters. Hitler, good guy, pity about the 6 million Jews. Tony Blare? He was a card wasn’t he. Let’s not bring up the 4 million Iraqi deaths.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:54 AM

Bizarre reading that Andy Carroll is one of the richest footballers. Perhaps he was one of the mystery bidders for the club. Some reports say he has just under £20m others say $60m. After 8 years of being on £100,000 a week not including bonus and signing on fees he should have earned £40m at least. Take away £50 a week for his food and £200 for his beer and ciggies and assuming he’s bought his house and not paying rent then he should have about £39.9m including assets left. Just needs another £300m and he can buy the toon.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:12 AM

Nicky, this guy sounds like a “he’s alright once you get to know him” sort. The famous sentence that has been used to describe every absolute c**t and psychopath that’s ever lived by those unfortunate enough to burdened with their friendship.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:34 AM

I will probably get told off on here but working for the Chinese mafia and giving a permanently crocked player 3 million quid a year just because he can pronounce Why-aye-man correctly doesn’t seem like a good idea.

• lesh

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:38 AM

Nicky

Yer star pupil sounds just like Jail – a killer but beneath it a caring, considerate and tolerant soul.

And if you need any linguistic support, Jib’s yet man – or Jane if Jib’s ‘resting’.

• lesh

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:41 AM

Tony Baloney

Can we trust you weren’t talking politics a few posts back? Now that’d be vewy vewy naughty.

And as,an aside, how long have you lived stateside?

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:46 AM

28 years in Chicago.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:47 AM

Just because I say Trump or Blare doesn’t mean it is politics.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:49 AM

I was also talking about Theresa may’s really bad dress sense earlier. She looks like a brood mare dressed in powder blue with a Thatcher necklace.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:58 AM

I’d agree Tony,
    I wouldn’t go near him. Players who get injured a lot in their 20s very rarely turn into players who never get injured in their 30s. They just get worse until they drop out the game at a young age. It’s all about tricking someone into giving him a 3/4 year deal at this stage for Carroll. Teams like ourselves, Villa, Sunderland & West Ham have wasted millions over the years taking chances on injury prone players or players stepping down (taking semi retirement) from the big clubs.

Also I’ve never heard any man ever say after 30 my legs and joints started to get stronger and more flexible. My legs and knees have got all the flexibility of bamboo these days and I’m only in my late 30s and didn’t punish my legs half as much as these footballers.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:59 AM

Lesh: I was on another blog under a different name for a long time but when there are only 3 posts a day it gets a bit boring. The Fight Club stopped on here so I thought I would give it a shot again.

I was on here for a few days like 3 years ago but I forgot to write down my user name 🙂

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:02 AM

Willaimson. We didn’t even mention Michael Owen!!!

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:05 AM

Some players are just done at 27 –

Rooney
    Owen
    Carroll
    Wilshere

Some are not:

Lampard
    Messi
    Ronaldo

You have to be smart enough to spot the difference.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:07 AM

Tony Baloney sounds like a Chicago mobster’s name; or at least the type you’d meet propped up in a bar at closing time telling everybody he knows the mafia and that he’s related to Al Capone.

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:11 AM

I have said it before. I am Tony Baloney because it sounds like Phony Baloney and I talk shyte.

• Paully

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:18 AM

Jib, I’m off to Ses Cases de Fetget on Monday with wor lass and the bairn.

I’ll see you there! I’m intrigued to finally put a face to the many names.

• The overrated Frenchman

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:24 AM

Make sure you compliment jane on her new Summer frock Paully

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:27 AM

Now now, gentlemen. I didn’t suggest it was a good idea to sign big Andy, just raised the question of whether or not it was something that might be on the cards under present circumstances.

Also, I’m a teacher, and my pupils and I simply get on with the business of improving their English. Nothing more, nothing less. I don’t judge their character.

He didn’t murder anyone, simply threatened to have the poor girl innocent girl done in. That job would doubtless fall to one of his henchmen, if push actually came to shove.

All joking aside, I quite like teaching the guy. I mean this is not a random run of the mill character. He’s lived quite an extraordinary life.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:32 AM

My rule of thumb is that if they purely rely on speed like Walcott, I wouldn’t go near them after 25. I’d also be wary of players who were playing professionally at 16/17 because they’ve been kicked around more and as they developed earlier seem to wane earlier, Lukaku and Owen being good examples. The 17 year old prodigies usually tend to be the speed demon types anyway. I’m amazed Messi and Ronaldo haven’t been kicked into oblivion by now. GKs, CDs, DMs, playmakers and target men, I’d sign for decent money all the way up to 32.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:48 AM

I think the announcement will be today, we have the perfect Newcastle weather for it.

It’s a sign..

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:49 AM

I was just reading about footballers at the other end of the spectrum to Carrol; the ones with long decent careers who are worth nothing. Seems there are a lot more of them than I could have guessed.
    “Research conducted in 2013 by the organisation XPro suggested that as many as 60% of former players, who earned huge salaries in their Premier League days, were declaring bankruptcy within five years of retiring.”
    So many lose their money by trying to start up businesses or falling victim to get-rich-quick schemes and fraudsters. You’d think they’d be aware that brains aren’t their speciality and just leave the money in the bank to live off the interest for the rest of their lives.

• magscar

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:03 AM

Talking of sicknotes looks like Woodgate is new Boro manager. Cost cutting or an inspired choice?

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:38 AM

After looking at the monochrome documents is it possible The Sheikh is only putting in somewhere between 82 and 175 million to buy. That’s what it says on Monochrome.. he owns minimum 25% but not more than 50%

The rest could be made up of faceless business owners that make up the rest of the group.??

Or Ashley keeping the rest (eg partial sale) as mentioned in here by someone ?

• DubaiMicky

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:58 AM

Frank, that would also explain why the FA are taking their time, who owns the other 25-75%. The Chinese? Shk Maktoum? A.N.Other – I can assure you it’s not me!

• johnboy

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:04 AM

The 100% shareholder of Monochrome is BZG. Presumably the Sheik has a maximum of 50% of the shares in BZG. That’s why he’s down is a PSC of up to 50%. If it was a part sale or there was any other company/consortium involved then they would have to be listed as a shareholder and possibly a PSC depending on their shareholding. Or likewise if BZG was buying a stake in NUFC then they would be listed as shareholders on the clubs companies house docs.

• Novocastrian66

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:04 AM

Micky; do you know a bloke called Peter Redding? It would seem he has been doing some digging on BZG and been given the “no comment” treatment.

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:25 AM

Cheers johnboy

• DubaiMicky

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:33 AM

Novo, not personally no, I know of him, that’s all.