Interesting Development As Newcastle Close In On First Transfer Deal


Deportivo Alaves is located in the Basque Country and have shown interest in 29-year-old striker Joselu who will be leaving Newcastle this summer,

The Basque club finished 11th in La Liga last season but will not pay anywhere near the £5M we paid Stoke City for Joselu two years ago.

The fee is said to be about one-third of that – £1.7M – but the Spanish club want him on a free transfer since he has only one year left on his three-year deal at Newcastle.

He was an emergency signing that manager Rafa Benitez was forced into because Ashley wouldn’t pay for more expensive strikers Rafa had targeted.

Joselu – goodbye? – close to signing for Deportivo Alaves

But it looks like the deal is done if Newcastle will make him a free agent and Mundo Deportivo are reporting that Alaves are just ‘waiting to announce’ the signing.

We’ll have to see if Newcastle receive a fee for Joselu but we should – he’s worth something to a La Liga side.

We have to wonder if Newcastle may be waiting until something happens at Newcastle before they announce the deal?

Like Rafa signing a new deal – before they let any contracted players leave the club.

Are Newcastle really going to let Rafa’s contract run out – there are only 18 days left – just two and a half weeks.

And four days after Rafa’s June 20th our players will be back for preseason training.

What a mess!

Mo Diame could also be leaving Newcastle – but he has been released and is a free agent next month and can now negotiate his own deal with another club.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.


5 comments so far

  • Jib

    Jun 12, 2019 at 8:42 AM

    Comment #1

    No comment

    4
  • Bills Son Is Back

    Jun 12, 2019 at 8:44 AM

    Comment #2

    The key person in this takeover isn’t Ashley, it’s Rafa.

    I’ve said before, I’m sure BZG will have spoken to him, assured him they want him as manager and outlined their plans, which will have included a transfer budget.

    Rafa almost confirmed that by what did say, and importantly didn’t say, in Liverpool the other day.

    Behind the scenes Rafa will be talking to agents and getting players lined up, there will be far more going on on the transfer and sales front than meets the eye.

    NUFC and Ashley are saying enough by not denying the takeover story and BZG’s statements.

    If Ashley confirmed it and BZG pulled out (why is nobody mentioning that?!) all hell would break loose.

    He’s far better saying nowt and leaving it to BZG and the FA to bring this to a conclusion.

    11
  • bettyswallocks

    Jun 12, 2019 at 8:48 AM

    Comment #3

    Tsunki from previous………… Once the sun leaked the story I think BZG group had to either confirm or deny it to safeguard their reputation and avoid being tarred with the Ashley brush once the conspiracy theories and dirt digging began. In my opinion there is no reason not to take their statements of intent at face value as they don’t stand to gain anything remotely positive from all this should they turn out to be time wasters or worse.
    This has now created unprecedented restlessness in the camp with both factions having decided on a total shutdown and as tensions continue to build I think some of the lads who are moving out to warmer climates for some respite have the right idea.

    3
  • Jib

    Jun 12, 2019 at 8:49 AM

    Comment #4

    I never figured Ed for a Dylan fan
    Always thought he was Elvis and Buddy Holly

    0
  • Lovem or Hatem

    Jun 12, 2019 at 8:56 AM

    Comment #5

    @ Tynemouth

    I read an ESPN article that said the Fifa international transfer window opens on 8th June but most transfer / contracts won’t be confirmed till 1st July

    2

You must log in to post a comment.