web analytics

Report – Newcastle To Bid Record Fee Of Over €30M For 21-Year-Old International Winger

French newspaper l’Equipe are reporting today that Newcastle are set to bid for Rennes winger Ismaila Sar.

Watford bid €30M (£26.8M) for him recently and were turned down so if Newcastle bid and the deal is accepted it would be a record incoming transfer fee for Newcastle United.

The 21-year-old winger was born in Senegal and moved to Rennes from Metz in the summer of 2017.

The 6ft 1ins tall player was born in Saint-Louis, Senegal.

21-year-old Rennes winger Ismaila Sar

He began his career with Senegalese football club Generation Foot before moving to Metz n 2016 on a five-year deal.

He already has 20 caps and 3 goals for the full Senegal side so this lad’s a very good player and highly regarded.

Sar has an excellent record at Rennes appearing 77 times for the club with 18 goals and 16 assists.

Last season he played 50 games in all competitions with 13 goals and 11 assists.

Newcastle are reported ready to bid higher than the Watford bid in order to capture this Senegal International.

This is the kind of young player that Rafa can build a top side at Newcastle with.

The winger looks like a very good player who could make us stronger down the wings.

• TomaKaThor

Jun 18, 2019 at 8:54 AM

I always hated Owen as a player,I never wanted us to buy him, he has the touch and technical ability of a wet sock and was weak as a kitten and buy the time he joined us the one little thing he had going for him(pace) had gone, by the time he left I hated him as a person,was greedy and selfish was quite happy to sit on.the bench at man utd and collect a medal and a wage for doing hardly anything.

Also I remember seeing a program where him and carragher where both taking the pee out of Shearer for being boring…How Owen can call anyone boring, have you heard him talk on commentary or interviews he is like a low IQ lobotomized child and as for Carragher he is just pure filth lol

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 18, 2019 at 8:55 AM

But we’re not going to bid for this player, not yet anyway, where are these stories emerging from?

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 18, 2019 at 8:58 AM

Tomakathor

Don’t hold back or anything lol

I agree like, Owen was a leech. His punditry is worse than his record for us though.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 18, 2019 at 8:58 AM

TomaKaThor,
    Unfortunately the signing of Own was a poor effort in papering over some very big cracks, in hindsight I bet we all wish Hall and Shepherd had said that we’ve over spent a little in trying to bring you success we’re going to reign it in a bit until we’re back on our feet so please be patient, it would have saved us the pain of the last twelve years, but to be honest we couldn’t wait to see the back of FFS in the end so maybe that wouldn’t have worked.

• Sheik-en but not stirred

Jun 18, 2019 at 8:59 AM

Ed and Neil must have the A-Z of modern footballers sitting on there coffee table!! Read it each night and write there articles….

I love it!!!

Brings relief from thinking about the takeover!

Actually talking of that… Jabba gone yet????

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:00 AM

droppy,
    I can’t remember much about Guivarch, I wasn’t getting to a lot of games back then as I was living/working in London, was he really that bad, worse than Riverieryery or was it just highlighted because he was a WC winner.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:03 AM

Got to be honest this blog is now the only thing I read in relation to NUFC.

The posters on here have more knowledge and insight than all of the journos combined.

Whilst all player links are unlikely on our current predicament I am happy to see them as otherwise I would probably miss them.

• jimiley

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:03 AM

Farcical.
    Think of a name and write a story we want to buy him. Yeah well we want to buy Messi but it wont happen. Ed Do you get more dosh for writing more stories?
    Who is doing the buying???
    Penfold??
    I am sure the new manager will be well impressed that his team has been bought for him by Penfold before he arrives. About as impressed as Rafa. Thats why he is off.

• Sheik-en but not stirred

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:05 AM

Jail.. like I said in previous post, he was shocking!!! Had the first touch like a trampoline and people in row Z had to worry….

He didn’t even have a good world cup, France just won it!! He did score plenty of goals in France but we have had plenty of them before lol

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:06 AM

Jail

He was without doubt the worst forward to blemish the hallowed SJP turf.

At least Rivière tried, he was woeful, but he never moved away from the most likely place that the ball would be.

I’m sure Guiv’arch went to Rangers and struggled to score there too.

• toon kk

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:06 AM

All this speculation bullish.t that surrounds this club is unbelievable.
    I also wish everyone would chill out about the potential sale of the club. When it/if it happens we will get to know. Behind the scenes including Rafa will have known for months what’s going on. We all know Ash works.
    SJP will be full what ever happens.

• jimiley

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:06 AM

Worst striker ever to win a world cup medal. On a par with Riviere and both are worse than Jose.

• Swlabr

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:07 AM

Sar…is it pronounced Sair?

• Mirandinha

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:07 AM

I remember we were linked with Guivarch before the World Cup and I watched the tournament and his lack of performance with a growing sense of dread and horror. Unbelievably we managed to get rid of him the same season. He sells swimming pools now…

• Sheik-en but not stirred

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:08 AM

Droppy he was only with us for a few months playing a handful of games… Then he moved to rangers before falling of the face of the earth after a season

• The Sheikh'sMate

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:12 AM

Toma@1
    Dont you dare talk about Carragher like that… It makes me spittin mad..

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:12 AM

What do people want Ed and Neil to do.

Write an article that says we’re not going to buy or sell anyone, oh and we may be taken over but we’re not sure, Rafa might stay or maybe not?

They are doing what the blog is intended for. Bringing news linked to NUFC.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:15 AM

Mirandinha

He sells swimming pools?

Hope he’s not responsible for filling them, you’d end up with a big hole in the ground with a flood 30 yards away lol

• jimiley

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:18 AM

I suppose Rafa must be buying these players as he runs down his contract. Makes a lot of sense????
    Or maybe he is just teasing us and will sign on the last day. Yeah right.
    Anybody who thinks Rafa will ever work for Cashley again needs a full frontal lobotomy.
    He is waiting for a takeover which will never happen and will slink away on 1st July

• Mag52

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:20 AM

AO.

• Ron Knee

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:23 AM

@20

Seconded.

• hibbit

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:23 AM

Dubai Micky is very noticeable by his absence ?????????????

• RobLeenio

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:25 AM

Anyone else ever wonder about the mechanics of how Ed and Neil run this blog? If an article is published at 8am our time, that’s 3am their time. They either have to be up with the sparrows or pre-load articles for a timed release, which means writing late at night so the articles are still relevant / new for us to wake up to.

I do wonder about the people who criticise their efforts. What is it you’d rather they wrote about whilst you’re in bed and the European media are not releasing anything new?

Some people need to get some perspective and realise that this forum is pretty much unique throughout UK football, in terms of the number of articles and the quantity of posters on each one. It’s a truly great forum, one which would be much missed if it was ever to stop.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:25 AM

Hibbit

Was thinking that myself.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:26 AM

I hate Coliccini, he was a bang average player heralded by most fans.

He made Owen look loyal to the club.

Hope hes in pain somewhere

• Sheik-en but not stirred

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:26 AM

Rob… completely agree! They do a great job

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:26 AM

Robleenio

@23

Very well said.

• Mag52

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:26 AM

Droppy.

Spot on.
    This report was in the French sports paper l’Equipe, a large circulation publication over there. It concerns a possible future acquisition for our club either under Ashley or under a new management team.
    It is something that I, and I’m sure many others on here, were unaware of.
    Absolutely right to flag it up and invite comments.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:27 AM

Worst player..

Dog leeshes son

• hibbit

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:27 AM

@20/21

now i know what it means thirded 😉

• barkel

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:28 AM

jimiley

How do you know what Rafa is doing? It’s speculation just like everyone else, there are a million things the *could* happen before July 1st

• Tramp

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:29 AM

DubaiMicky disappeared not long after revealing a pic of the Heads of Terms and revealing he had Midhats number on WhatsApp.

Either, the Royals have offed him or… he’s signed an NDA.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:31 AM

IMO no striker in my 50+ years of watching the Toon has been a worse buy than…

Xisco.

In his first game early on a ball was knocked up to his feet and he had the touch and control of a Sunday league player still heaving under the weight of last nights 10 pints and a curry. I said to my mate there and then that this guy was totally out of his depth and would be a disaster.

A £5M fee and £50,000 a week paid for 5 years gave us one flukey goal in just 4 starts and 3 sub appearances.

His 4 starts worked out at £4,300,000 a pop.

Xisco was the worst ever by a country mile.

• Optimistic Oryx

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:32 AM

The heads of terms picture going round must be a piss take.

I’m using a spectrum 128k and I’d make a better job of that header.

• The Sheikh'sMate

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:33 AM

Hibbit, I asked that yesterday but got no response

• Bobbybee

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:34 AM

Lot of hate flying around this morning. I hate politicians who take us to war in a pack of lies resulting in millions of deaths.
    I hate paedophiles who destroys children’s childhood and mess up their lives.
    Can’t say I’ve ever hated a Newcastle player though. Disliked strongly, yes, I’ve done that.
    Naw, go on then, I hated Sounness and Dalglish as managers. 🙂

• jimiley

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:34 AM

Barkel
    You can call it speculation if you like. Others call it an opinion. Thats what this blogg is about. Opinions. Some think he will stay some think he will go. Some think we will buy this and that player. Some rate this player and others do not. Without speculation/opinions, there would be nowt to say.

• jimiley

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:37 AM

Funny how the takeover is timed for the end of the month.
    Has Rafas contract or season ticket sales got anything to do with it??

• RobLeenio

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:40 AM

Some terrible players listed. Diego Gavilan, anyone?

However, as I prefer to be positive, how about your favourite journeyman player who became a fan favourite?

I’m going with Peter Lovenkrands, although Kevin Gallagher is in my thoughts also.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:43 AM

Robleenio

Positivity? What’s that?

Lovenkrands or Leatherpants as my Dad calls him was great.