web analytics

Club Unveils New Home Kit for 2019/2020

Newcastle United have unveiled the home kit for the 2019/20 season this morning.

Here is the tweet that was sent revealing the new home shirt:

It is said to be inspired by the strips worn by the last Newcastle team to win a cup. Since it’s been 50 years since Newcastle defeated Ujpest FC in the 1969 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, I guess now is a good time to honor that occasion.

We don’t think they look too much alike to be honest, as the 1969 shirt was more of a proper striped shirt. This version really only has the one black stripe down the middle.

This does look to be the same shirt that was leaked back in March along with what appears will be our new away and change shirts.

It also looks like the red numbers and player names will remain which we think looks very nice.

Now we just need Rafa and a few world-class players holding this shirt at St James Park. Then maybe these shirts can become historic as well.

• toon22

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:47 AM

Would you buy one if you had to hand MA the money in person ?

• Shadow_Shearer

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:48 AM

First to see the new kit

• toon22

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:49 AM

Once the current fakeover ends MA will blame the Arbs and try and play the victim
    That’s his usual next move

For the 8th time

• Rotonda heights

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:50 AM

If no sale, Ashley stays and Rafa leaves along with our best players, then the people who say ”support the team, not the regime” are either monumentally stupid or incredibly selfish or possibly both.

Ashley has openly declared he has no ambition or interest in NUFC and by still turning up you’re letting the guy take a dump all over you. What does it take for you to say enough is enough.

Roberts left foot

I don’t think that was the case, Liverpool just didn’t want to sell…end of.

• Markaccus

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:52 AM

I’d imagine Tony Pulis or Mark Hughes in the hot seat would be enough to keep people away.

• Bambams

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:00 AM

I was just thinking before when Ash allegedly stated last year he would accept ‘staggered payments’ from a buyer , if he thought they were ‘The best fit’ for Newcastle.

Doesnt look that way if as suggested Kenyon is struggling to get whatever price Ash is now asking.

Just a thought.

• magscar

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:01 AM

Rotonda

So when did you stop going? I am more amused by those who call for pain of those who like to go but have made no sacrifice themselves. They are just in front of those who stopped because THEY personally had had enough but not just satisfied with their choice now want to cajole others into following them. You made your choice leave it to others to make theirs.

• Shoulders knees

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:09 AM

Those shirts look as bad as Dug out seat covers 🙁

• The Sheikh'sMate

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:11 AM

Looking for ways to financially hurt phatt boy… Why don’t we try what we did before but on a bigger scale.. Order thousands of pounds worth of tat online and leave it all in the basket for a while… I did it for a day… over £100,000 worth of track suits.. Haaa

• Novocastrian66

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:13 AM

This “sale” isn’t happening. Rafa will be away. I wouldn’t be surprised if a new manager is lined up and ready to take charge on the 1st of July.
    I don’t know why anyone would be willing to commit to buying a season ticket under such circumstances but I don’t blame them for the clubs situation. I blame only one man, Ashley.

• Novocastrian66

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:16 AM

Rafa might be on the same plane to China with the rest of the squad. To go and sign his contract with his new club.

• stan anderson

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:18 AM

We are a shambles of a club and that’s the way the slug wants it.
    Supporters take in the takeover lies time and again.
    The Slug laughs at how gullible we are and his sidekick spins the takeover stories.
    Truth is we are all so desperate for him to just disappear we grasp at anything we are told.
    Maybe some truth in the takeover,but it’s been a long time to wait.
    The Gaffas not signed up yet,no signings. Is it the usual stalling method used to save him spending money.
    Certainly hope this is not the case,but it is AshLie we are dealing with.
    AshLie Oot

• magpie6699

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:20 AM

mascara – I’m with you. I hate Ashley and wish he would go but I am old enough to remember some really dire days. Watching Stimson, Tony (I can trap it further than you can shoot!) Cunningham etc. Wallowing in the then League 2 nearer the bottom than the top and even feeling the threat of relegation to Division 3. Protests against the old board (Westwood is a Pirate!) etc. The happiness of finishing one place above Sunderland in about 17th in the old Division 1.
    I was taken to my first game in 1957 with my dad and just like the Bobby Robson quote, I was hooked. I will not let anything keep me from my passion and if that makes me stupid or a traitor, so be it. I have friends who have said “Never again till Ashley goes”. I respect that, fine for them. But don’t call me out for nearly 60 years of foolish loyalty and addiction.

• beefman13

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:20 AM

The new Ssrip seems canny to me, shame about the fun88 bollocks on the front, hopefully in time we will get a much improved sponsorship deal when the Sheikh takes over.

• magpie6699

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:20 AM

magscar! Bloody predictive!

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:21 AM

Surely it’s a bit premature to be releasing a new kit when we can’t actually be sure that we’ll actually be fielding a team next season. 🙂

• Lindisfarne

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:23 AM

They will not have a new manager lined up, that involves forward thinking. No much more like MA to take another few weeks searching for the right candidate, not buy any new players due to upheaval and try to blame it all on someone else / not having any money.

• Novocastrian66

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:32 AM

Lindisfarne; Joe Kinnear is still alive.

• RobLeenio

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:33 AM

Makes me laugh when the frog advocates direct action at Shirebrook but has absolutely zero intention of doing it himself.

• hibbit

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:40 AM

Rafa leaving is the last thing i want or need but on the 30th June i think we’ll have a good idea whats happening, if Rafa leaves the walls will come tumbling down on Ashley’s head, players will want to leave. a relegation battle from the KO a new manager eventual brought, and no matter who or what is he will never enjoy the support of the vast majority of fans,no new players till January then a couple of panic buys ,and eventual another relegation under Ashley
    welcome to the world of Mike Ashley nufc

• Jib

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:40 AM

I seem to recall Rotonda Heights previously admitting to
    never having been to a live game

• one fine day

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:42 AM

On stream ,
    F@@@ing horrible .
    Cannot wait to see the back of puma
    It’s not that hard .black and white stripes .simple.
    Yet each year puma get it more and more wrong and seem to go above and beyond to make is as tacky as possible .

• Rotonda heights

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:43 AM

I have supported NUFC for over 50 years so I don’t need that pathetically patronising ”where were you when we were crap”. I was there plenty.

But this is very dfferent. As Bobby says Ash has learnt nothing for 12 years and him staying could impact very negatively on future generations unless people make a stand, ie don’t keep giving him your money to watch a team whose only aim is to avoid relegation every season under a ”McCardew” type.

Rafa has massively over achieved with what he’s had and enough is enough when you know the owner just doesn’t give a rats pataudi what you or the fans think.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:45 AM

Well it’s horrible.

Even if it was a brilliant kit, I wouldn’t be able to buy as there is no club shop to buy it from.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:46 AM

I tried to find current betting for Manager if Rafa leaves and couldn’t find anything. Jib?

• hibbit

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:50 AM

• Rotonda heights

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:52 AM

Jib

Take a day off. Low even by your standards.
    You know I have never ever said that, unless of course it was one of the times you hacked my account. Still whatever you get off on I guess.

My dad took me to my first game at SJP which was v Liverpool when Keegan scored for Liverpool in the first 10 mins, supermac was having a stinker but alleluijah John tudor scored twice to give us the win.

I admit that being down South I can now only get to London, Soto and and Brighton games which under McCardew I chose not to..

• wyntheleap

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:52 AM

Everyone wanted the owner to sell up and leave, now thats in progress we have another conundrum about our super manager, well he has been offered a contract, so either sign it or walk, that’s what happens in the real world for the rest of us. But no let’s make more problems for the club and just ignore the contract and expect the owner to amend to suit the manager, knowing that the Rafa lovers will support him as usual. Now the new shirt has been produced as it always is around this time, but again negativity until the manager is in place, things dont stop to suit the situation we are in, as to me and many others this is a great time for us supporters, just hang in there. HWTL

• ToonRich

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:54 AM

Hibbit, do you believe for one second that MA and his cronies have made alternative plans for the inevitable…Rafa walking??

• kimbo

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:54 AM

£65.00 for new replica shirt!!! £95.00 for proper shirt.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:55 AM

If we are not sold you have to think Moyes would be favourite. Maybe Arteta because he almost got the Arsenal job? Ashley doesn’t have any football people in place that are not also Rafa people so I don’t think they will know of any up-and-coming continental managers.

Maybe the return of Allardyce or something equally out of the blue? He did that before with Kinnear and Pardew. Maybe Pards will return? He wasn’t actually sacked even though he was despised. I miss hearing “over the line” every other sentence.

He could ask Graham Carr for advice because I have seen a few times they are still in touch. Dennis Wise was pictured with Ashley at Christmas.

Perhaps this sounds like pointless speculation but I am getting worried now and Fatty will do what he has done many times before and take a massive gamble.

• oldarse

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:56 AM

RobLeenio
    Generals die in bed mate its the fodder that die in the fields, someone, has to point in the direction.

• oldarse

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:56 AM

#19

• hibbit

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:00 PM

ToonRich
    not for second would i believe that they have any kind of plan in place, never mind a manager already lined up

• Shoulders knees

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:04 PM

Bottom line for me we are all Toon Fans well most of us 😉
    I for one won’t be telling anyone not to support the team in any way they want,
    Cashley’s a billionaire we wont hurt him with not going to games financially and as he has no shame empty Stadiums wont faze him either.
    he is just roaring with laughter at us as he vomits into another fireplace.

• Tony Baloney

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Every single one of Ashley’s appointments have been out of work or have had no Managerial experience.

Kinnear
    Keegan
    Shearer
    Hughton
    Pardew
    Carver
    McClaren
    Rafa

Did I miss any?

• IrishRob

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Sheikhsmate, I dont think that’s how it works. I’m pretty sure they dont even know about an order until the money is in their hands. I think all you did was waste your own time mate. I could be wrong though.

• oldarse

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Looks like Hardley Harrods is having the last laugh.

• Jib

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:12 PM

RH
    You call fans monumentally selfish or incredibly stupid
    AND
    You tell me to take a day off
    Ha ha
    “Boo hoo I live down south and cannot make the games”

• Ron Knee