web analytics

Newcastle Fans React To Ashley Cohort’s Comments On Takeover

Former Newcastle Director of Football Dennis Wise was interviewed by David Craig of Sky Sports today. When the topic turned to the possible takeover of Newcastle by BZG, Wise gave some comments that have left many Newcastle fans deeply concerned.

These are the comments that have many fans worried today:

“I know Mike Ashley, and he cares for Newcastle, even if fans say he doesn’t. He runs them in a structured way. He’s not there to pile hundreds of millions into the club. He’ll only sell to someone who’ll take it forward.”

We are not quite sure what to make of these comments to be honest.  We also don’t know how close Wise is to Ashley currently.

Though he certainly is not the best person for Sky Sports to interview at the moment with anything to do about Newcastle.  Fans are on edge right now and rightly so as they have been given no clue by the current regime as to what is going on.

Dennis Wise is despised by the majority of Newcastle fans for his treatment of Kevin Keegan.  He was a poor choice to bring in as Director of Football and the situation was poisoned for Kevin from the start.

We are not too concerned about Wise’s comments as he is probably as in the dark as the rest of us.  He just seems to always want to defend Ashley as if Ashley is a victim and Newcastle fans are unrealistic bullies.  Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Many fans though are concerned that Wise may have been sent out to set the stage for the breakdown of the sale.  They are looking at the comment “He’ll only sell to someone who’ll take it forward” as being a cop-out for Ashley to say the BZG were not suitable owners.

We hope that is not the case and will remain somewhat optimistic for the time being.  But here are what some Newcastle fans are saying:

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:29 PM

Standing in a steaming pile of Dennis Wise is too good for Ashley!!!

• Bobbybee

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:31 PM

If Wise’s face isn’t one you’d love to smash repeatedly with a hammer… Congratulations on incredible restraint! 🙂

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:32 PM

He just reminds me of on of those Fraggle Rock characters from back in the day.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:32 PM

One of

• toon22

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:35 PM

Wouldn’t pee on him if he was on fire

• Swlabr

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:36 PM

Heeeerrrrres Denniss!!!

• toon22

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:37 PM

You think he might get the managers job next ?
    I’ve been thinking about it and I doubt anyone could be a worse choice

• IconicNumber9

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:37 PM

Bambams #259 previous thread. I follow a lot of people on twitter claiming this and that about all manner of things one more won’t hurt, got a link?

• jon

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:39 PM

Missed the bus……

Droppy, I’m not (off the drink)…… Pre sale celebratory drink.

🙂

Taken all day to catch up on the blog, bluddy werk!

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:39 PM

I can’t stand the look of that little twat!! Never could stand him even in his playing days.

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:41 PM

Looking for positives, could this be a good PR stunt by Ashley before the takeover happens, like saying you see fans and the football world I sold NUFC to someone that can take the club forward, see how good I am.

It could be that right?

• Swlabr

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:41 PM

He’s got the face of a demented, screaming lunatic!

• jon

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:41 PM

I’d pee on him if he wasn’t on fire.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:42 PM

Bobbybee

Interesting article that, nice one!

As for wives, this is the second one and she’s canny.

The first one made Freddy Krueger look like a decent chap

• Bobbybee

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:43 PM

JP, you’re with me in the ‘hammer club’ then mate? Ha ha ha!!

• Mirandinha

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:45 PM

Hopefully this is Ashley having one last dig at the fans before he effs off. Old hairy hands next then or Rio.

• The mighty wyn

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:46 PM

JP I said earlier it might be that the dwarf knows it’s done and that we should be saying thank you to that nice Mr Ashley !

• Bobbybee

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:50 PM

Wyn, words most unlikely to be heard at any time from a Newcastle fan: “Thank you for everything you’ve done Mr Ashley. You will always be remembered with fondness and appreciation”. 🙂

• The mighty wyn

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:53 PM

Bobby absolutely mate but it seems to what the dwarf thinks. He’s probably on the payroll of jabba

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:55 PM

I did say this yesterday

From newcastle online

Re: Takeover thread

« Reply #7620 on: Today at 05:31:24 pm »

In classic ITK fashion, person I work with who has a fair few contacts in football still maintains the UAE deal has next to no chance of going through, but apparently there’s an American consortium who aren’t a million miles away from getting it done.

• Bobbybee

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:57 PM

Wyn, he’s definitely in the ‘Mike Ashley Appreciation Society’, along with Hairy Hands and Dum Dum Ferdinand. Bunch of creepy weirdos together my friend. He no doubt buys their friendship – cheaply I suspect.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:58 PM

Jon

Then you must have one or six for me.

• Toon Cat

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:59 PM

I honestly doubt that Wise commenting is part of any kind of plot by Ashley. He’s only saying, when asked, what he’s said many times before in support of his mate Ashley. It’s his stock response. The media know how controversial Wise is, and how hated he is by Newcastle fans, so from their point of view it’s an ideal opportunity to stir the pot in the absence of any real news.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:01 PM

Re Dennis Wise

Every time I see him, I just want to run over and high five him

In the face

With a brick

• Bobbybee

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:02 PM

I suspect, given options, just purely out of spite, Ashley would actually sell us to the person least likely to be able to take us forward. Maybe stating the obvious there like, but as long as he got his money, doing that would undoubtedly appeal to his bizarre sense of humour. And you only have to look at his strip tease to realise his sense of humour is somewhat warped.

• Bobbybee

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:04 PM

Oh. I get it Droppy. Like that is it? My hammer not good enough for you then?

• Jib

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:06 PM

3rd ballot winner Boris Johnson

• droppy in Wallsend

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:09 PM

Bobbybee

Nah I wouldn’t want to dirty a fine hammer on that vile creature.

• Toon Cat

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:11 PM

@Bobby #26 – I think you’re right. Money is Ashley’s god so I can’t see him taking a financial hit just so he can stick it to toon fans but in a situation where he has two options that both give him the get-out money he wants, but one sets the toon up for success and the other leaves them struggling for the resources to compete, I think he might easily choose the latter.

After all, a well-funded, well-managed toon under ambitious and wealthy new owners is very quickly going to highlight even more the utter mess he’s presided over for 12 years. Why would he want that if he can avoid it ?

• magscar

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:11 PM

In absence of anything “official” we all look for something to give us a lift or in some cases a downer. Depends on the whole glass half full or half empty classification. Me still a half full guy.

So did yesterday’s reactivation of Twitter by KBA mean anything or was it assumed it would just be an under the radar thing. Not sure but I did for a moment think it could have heraldedthe sale. Iunderstand it has been shut dowm again – although whatever the reason for opening it up again it couldn’t survive the sheer onslaught of NUFC fans.

Elmanio’s announcement then made me think again – If information is true and from Ashley’s side then did KBA jump the gun yesterday?

Others are alarmed at Wise’s reported comments and whilst I haven’t seen interview I agree with others in my half full way that it seems he was not there to make a statement but buttonholed by David Craig on both Chelsea and us and regurgitated the same old same old by the usual public Ashley apologists. It isn’t of course news that Ashley wanst to sell to someone that can take club foprward as he said it couple of years ago – make of it waht you will but it isn’t a new approach.

So another day some rumours nothing to do but continue to wait on BZG or Club to make official statement whilst ignoring all transfer speculation and doom and gloom.

Oh one snippet – Spain’s manager has resigned and assistant taking over but permanent or keeping seat warm for Rafa in July??

You decide 🙂

• jon.c

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Should Ashley pull out with some lame excuse. the supporters should pull out and leave an empty ground against
    Arsenal

• Ron Knee

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:15 PM

Looks like nutter Raab was stitched up in the last round, Jib.

• toon22

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:15 PM

MA in the past has pulled out all the stops to prevent a televised protest
    He’s going to have fun trying it next season with every single game on TV

😉

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:16 PM

Bobby- haha no doubt where do I sign up lol he just got one of those annoying faces that keeps saying ‘come on then give me a slap’

• Jib

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:17 PM

The attraction of a National coach position for Rafa is more time in England
    with his family
    However
    I think Rafa loves the daily interaction of a coin role

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:17 PM

If Rafa has left the building and there is still complete silence on the events of the summer gone then it would be a huge statement if there was an empty ground for the SKY cameras in August.

• toon22

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:17 PM

Hiya JIB

😉

• toon22

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:19 PM

Exactly Jail

Remember the shenanigans last time ?

It’s obvious he wants to avoid a televised protest at all costs

How many games we on the tele next season …

• Bobbybee

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:22 PM

Droppy, very thoughtful of you. I’m sure a brick would have the same effect. Just make sure you don’t trap a finger that’s all mate. Might lose a fingernail and he’s just not worth it.

1 2 3 11