web analytics

Writer For Football365 Is Absolutely Spot On About Mike Ashley

Daniel Storey is a football writer for many outlets. He has written an excellent piece for Football365 about the current plight of Newcastle United under Mike Ashley.

These types of articles are vital in letting the footballing public fully understand what is going on in Newcastle. But these types of articles are too few and far between. The Football press have spent more time in the past three days shredding Rafa Benitez’s decision to go to China than they have in exposing Ashley’s entire reign of terror at Newcastle.

Storey’s piece comes on the heels of the latest kick in the teeth to Toon fans everywhere – the sale of Ayoze Perez. He is another writer also calling for a boycott as being the only solution to ridding the club of Mike Ashley.

This piece is a testament to the understanding of the history of Newcastle and the current situation of their long suffering supporters.

Daniel writes:

But Newcastle United is not a functioning football club. It’s barely a football club at all, a husk of a once great institution that cries out in the night for due care and attention. Newcastle are not Notts County or Bury, clubs battling merely to maintain their existence, but that doesn’t absolve Ashley of any blame or make this situation any less sad. There is sorrow to be found in cruelty as well as extinction; this isn’t a competition. Newcastle are a club where the bright dawn never arrives, made dark through a thousand broken promises.

This is poetically tragic in its accuracy. Newcastle has been abandoned by those charged with its care. It has left the fans in a state beyond desperation.

This article is excellent and touches on all of the current plights of being a Newcastle supporter under Ashley. It also speaks of the only possible solution going forward and that is a boycott- and Storey even knows how difficult that decision will be for the fans of this great club.

• RUNAWAY777

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:04 PM

I really think with better players around Ayoze Perez he will do better with some decent player around but ashley sellimg our top goal scorer well well you could not make this up and no rondom gayle will be next out the door and thats just start so i ask the mugs on here you still be going muppets.

• Sad Frog II

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:05 PM

Ashley still there..gone yet?

• Sad Frog II

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:06 PM

Enough is enough, run Ashley run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! off!

• Online Guy

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Neil Warnock just been spotted on the number 18 Barnsley to Newcastle via Pontefract.

• DaveD1000

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Robleenio

on the previous bus…..I seem to remember #chopperwatch being around when the Staveley stuff was going on

• Lindisfarne

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:08 PM

Apathy
    Dejection
    Morose

• Online Guy

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:09 PM

I’m tracking the number 18 bus from Barnsley at moment, Neil Warnocks on it . It’s just stopped at Bardolswick services ..more to follow ..next stop is Todmorden, Neil’s calling into his aunty Dots for his favourite pea and ham soup..press conference in the morning .

• Online Guy

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:10 PM

Robleenio

Nedders = Bills son is back .

• Online Guy

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:11 PM

Ey up !

• Lindisfarne

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:14 PM

“”Newcastle don’t have a manager, and you’d have to question the sanity of anyone who willingly catches this hospital pass.””

• hibbit

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:17 PM

and the managerial candidates are dropping like flies, none wants such a toxic job working for such a toxic owner !!!!

• hibbit

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:18 PM

*no one wants*

• bettyswallocks

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:18 PM

OLG………… We could well be looking at Warnock next season and probably Hippo Heed towards the end of this one when we are floudering at the bottom of the table and need rescuing.

• Nedders

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:18 PM

Conspiracy theory in the online world of NUFC knows no bounds; I’m not someone else, just me. No idea why so much offence was caused either, hey ho, just another bunch of keyboard warriors.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:19 PM

Maybe I am going against the Status Quo by wondering whether a boycott will work. But, whatever you want. Whatever you like. Whatever you say. You pay your money. You take your choice.

As Bobbybee would say.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:20 PM

Daniel Storey is a NUFC fan.

• RUNAWAY777

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:24 PM

NUFC IS A DEAD CLUB THESE DAYS F..K ALL C TO CHEER ON

• toon22

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:29 PM

Bills = JIB

• toon22

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:29 PM

Yeh Tony

Let’s not protest at all

• gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club)

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:29 PM

This is what I’ve been saying for years now, hence my name on here!

• bettyswallocks

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:30 PM

Wouldn’t be surprised if Arry Redknap gets a call. Ashley was keen to get him up here on a couple of occasions .

• hibbit

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:31 PM

2 season ticket renewal reminders today !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Nedders

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:34 PM

I just do not understand, at all, how nobody in the World can get Lee Charnley to say something. It astounds and baffles me that he’s in charge of a privately-owned but public facing institution, and can get away with saying absolutely nothing.

He’s supposed to go to a fans forum, never bothers, nobody from the FA pulls him up. I get that Capitalism works in the favour of Ashley and the rich can do wtf they want whenever they want. But Charnley? I don’t get it, at all.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:34 PM

Jon: I am not against Rashid in tests. At this point I would have another batter and have Root for the variation. If I can spot what he is bowling by where he pitches it then the Indians and Aussies certainly will. He has been ineffective in the ODIs and time to sit him down. Aussies did it with their leggy and Lyon is a much better bowler anyway.

I will have beer whilst I contemplate the semi-finals. My money is on the Aussies but Jos Butler is due.

• Jib

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:39 PM

Simon Jorda former Crystal Palace chairman has been supportive of Ashley’s much-maligned style of ownership prompting some Toon fans to question whether the pair are friends. And the 51-year-old couldn’t resist a cheeky dig at Newcastle supporters.
    “What I can never understand is the attitude of Newcastle’s perception of themselves that they are actually a big club,” Jordan said. “I’ve always understood them to be a big club… but a big club in Newcastle, and nowhere else.”
    “Anytime I say something about Newcastle and it seems to be balanced people turn around and say, ‘that’s because you’re Ashley’s mate’.
    “He’s not my mate – we’re acquaintances. I knew him 10/15 years ago and I don’t have much to do with Ashley in this day and age.
    But I do have an objective opinion, and I look at what he’s doing and I think Newcastle fans are reasonably entitled to have a little more support at times.
    My view on Benitez is he’s simply done his job and has spun the media up to the point where Rafa Benitez walks on water and is a martyr”

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:39 PM

Froggy @19: you know fine well that’s not what I said.

• oldarse

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:41 PM

Baloney Who’s this tw@t your talking to Jon who cricket you w@nker your one saddo

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:42 PM

Jordan added: “last time Mike was round my gaff he threw up in my fireplace and the Missus said she weren’t avin im round ere no more”.

• outside the box

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:42 PM

nedders @23…..yeah have been saying for a while charnlie should be made to give an update and i am amazed that no one can reach him …maybe he will be at training ground this week …if so can someone ffs block his car in till he gives a statement…

• IrishRob

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:43 PM

Hibbit… #22 yet somehow after all your talk at the very last minute you will buy that season ticket.

• hibbit

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:44 PM

nice piece of plagiarism there Jib well done 😉

• Munster Mag

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:44 PM

Might be time to get some money on us to go down. Picking up a few Bob at the end of the season might help with the alcohol bill. Anyone know our odds? Gutted re perez but probably a smart move by us. Nobody here rated him at 30mill

• jonnyshaw85

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:44 PM

I all of the hope a some sort of takeover news, it’s only just hit me that, other than the statement on Monday saying they Rafa would be leaving at the end of his current contract, the club haven’t actually said anything since he had left, it even the token thank you.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:45 PM

Cheers oldarse “bellend”, now stop chewing the paint on them pencils, they are made in China.

• lochinvar

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:46 PM

The Mag are slipping:

I can think of plenty of reasons as to why it isn’t easy to renew season tickets…with

Rafa Benitez forced out of the club.
    All of the senior coaching staff leaving as well.
    No manager in place with only five weeks until the season kicks off.
    Not a single new signing.
    No attempt made to keep last season’s player of the year, Salomon Rondon.
    Last season’s top scorer, Ayoze Perez, set to be sold to Leicester for £30m.
    Season ticket prices going up by 5%.

They forgot:

Team going to China for pre-season Tour and pre-season friendlies
    Team morale
    Shirt prices
    Fan morale

and the list goes on

• hibbit

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:47 PM

IrishRob
    what talks that ????????

had one for 54 years big decision not too but as yet i/we haven’t committed one way or the other

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:47 PM

How can it be plagiarism if he puts it in quotes? He referenced the source – Jordan. FFS, I despair.

• oldarse

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:48 PM

Baloney lunatic asylum give laptops to the inmates dangerous

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:50 PM

Jon: oldarse called you a tw@t. He’s a charmer.

• oldarse