web analytics

Capital Radio UAE’s Peter Redding Shifts Focus To Mike Ashley

Peter Redding has sent out another tweet but this time in response to the messages he has been receiving from Newcastle United supporters.

This is what Peter has tweeted this morning.

From this comment, we gather that the statement Peter gave on Monday from the Bin Zayed Group is the only one that is coming.

There were reports of a drafted statement from BZG and we had hoped that Peter’s earlier tweet was just a precursor to an official statement.

That does not appear to be the case and it looks like BZG do not have plans for any further statements at the moment.

The Hierarchy– doom and gloom

It is interesting that Redding does try to shift the focus for communication on the takeover to Mike Ashley and away from BZG.

We would have two takeaways from what Peter has tweeted.

First, it appears as though the Bin Zayed Group are very frustrated with Mike Ashley. Maybe they expected some sort of a response from him after Monday’s statement.

Second, if they are waiting for Mike Ashley to communicate and if any part of the next process hinges on him, this takeover may have in fact stalled.

Though with news this morning that Steve Bruce may be announced in the coming days as the next manager of the club, the likelihood of a takeover anytime soon was looking remote.

We still have nothing from the club on anything of significance. Nothing on the proposed takeover, no updates on the manager search, and no updates transfer meetings.

Nothing. So we will not hold our breath while waiting for anything from Mike Ashley.

• Sliema

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:29 PM

This is our only chance to get the guts to boycott and more. If this isn’t enough motivation nothing ever will be. 12 years is long enough. Imagine another 12.

• Tinman

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:30 PM

To be fair. If I was selling the club and negotiations were still ongoing I would look to appoint a manager too. Unless I was absolutely certain the sale is done.

A managerless team in preseason just increases the likelihood of relegation, which would decrease the value of my asset.

Don’t think this completely shuts the door on a sale, but it’s not ideal.

Can’t feel sorry for Bruce he knows what he’s getting in to. He’s doing it for money and one more shot in the big league. If he was a true fan as he is supposed to be he would do the bigger thing and not take the position. He will be subject to dogs abuse and it’s justifiable.

• ShaytoStay

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:30 PM

Lets look at this long term
    We get Bruce we are relegated
    We stay relegated due to lack of support, Ashley has to sell.
    If Ashley has any sense he will sell up now.

Really pains me to say this but boycott is the only way to get Ashley out unless this is to force some buyers hands , but I can’t see this.

• optimistic prime

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:31 PM

Why doesnt Ashley just change the strip to red n white and be done with it.

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:31 PM

Well Fat Heed looks like is getting the job imminently.

That’s me done. Season ticket already not renewed. I don’t even think I can bring myself to watch the games on telly.

I was begging my old man to renew with me after the Liverpool game and so glad we haven’t.

Takeover is now dead IMHO and don’t think he will ever sell now.

Slowly falling out of love with our once beautiful club over 12 years and completely lost all love for it since May 2019. 28 years a fan, 18 years a season ticket holder – all gone in 2 months. At least I have those memories of going home and away that I can pass onto my kids.

I can’t even get angry about this summer it’s just sad.

RIP NUFC – our once beautiful club.

• ShaytoStay

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:31 PM

Tinman I agree, a true fan would force Ashley’s hand by not taking the job

• Bambams

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:32 PM

I just cannot work this owner out, he agrees to sell re heads of terms, dangles Kenyon on a string, then asks for a different deal – BZG refuse (allegedly) stating H of T ….

Ash then releases a statement that Rafa is gone, no rush for a manager, CharnLIE allegedly flies abroad looking to speak to agents (his family went with him ?) yet we bring in a lad who parents live two miles away from the training ground !

This is one cluster fcuk after another, how incompetent can you get.

I have given in now, Toon 22 total respect fella, I cant see how the takeover can be completed now, Bruce must of asked for assurances that he is not going to be just here for a couple of hours.

We have I think until he signs a contract.

What a mess our club is, mind you I did say years ago this was nothing other than a deliberate act by Ash to get back at the crowd !

Nobody makes this many wrong decisions – he is trying to ruin our club.

• G

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:33 PM

OP @ 10. Probably the finest analogy ever on the blog.

• Dubs Left Glove

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:35 PM

Odds on Bruce being first premier league sacking?

• Boom Sheikh-Sheikh-Sheikh the Toon

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:35 PM

Our toon
    I was clearly joking with the mackem comment. Winky face and hahaha…..

I’ve no need to grow up. You just need not be defensive with everyone

• Rotonda heights

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:35 PM

welshgeordie 9

Because Rafa was a vastly superior coach to who had gone before and could get a tune out of frankly very average players.

Our toon

Why does have to sell at some point?

• Rotonda heights

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:36 PM

our toon is exactly the type of fan why this club is going nowhere.

• danishmag

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:36 PM

Apointing Bruce… but why?

I am sure that Charnley tried to sign Donald Duck, but then realised, that Donald Duck is only a cartoon character..

And so begins the tale of Bruce instead

• pitch invasions@SJP

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:37 PM

Albert Einstein once said: “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.
    Ashley will only leave us when it’s too uncomfortable for him to stay on as owner.

Pitch invasions.

• ArtyH

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:37 PM

I have to say that I am looking on now with a strange detachment concerning the goings on at the club. I say the club because it has not been ours since about the time of the Keegan debacle which was the time I stopped buying NUFC stuff and stopped going to games. I and a few more saw the writing on the wall over a decade ago.
    I say with a huge degree of sadness and disgust, I just cannot take it any more, and thats saying something from a supporter who watched all the Fairs cup games bar the semi and final.
    I feel the club and season ticket holders who by default keep TFCB at the helm of our once great club are just getting their just deserts. I now look at the club like I would the death of a much loved relative, taken too soon from my world. Dramatic, yes, but I am sure there are others who feel the same way and that is why they have not renewed their season tickets while the vile one pervades at the club. Those who have renewed have once again bent over and you will get what you truly deserve and that is a newly reemed over sized one, congratulations for helping ruin the club I once though the world of, enjoy playing the webbed feet mob in a few years, oh, by the way, they wont be getting a promotion any time soon, work it out!
    If you have any self respect, boycott for the sake of the club!!!

• Dubs Left Glove

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:38 PM

Looking at our squad, we have more goal keepers on the books than strikers. Can’t win games if you don’t score.

• welshy14

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:38 PM

FCB choppa stopped over the Yorkshire dales national park. picking bruce up maybe ?

• Kamakazeee

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:39 PM

Has anyone ever considered that pitch invasions will eventually lead to behind closed door games = empty stadium. Every match we get fans in the stadium, a few hundred get on the pitch and don’t leave until the game is abandoned

• TomaKaThor

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:39 PM

Bruce isnt the problem, you could appoint the best manager on the planet, but if its under Ashley it means nothing, but whats so depressing about Bruce is that its a clear Ashley appointment which means no takeover. All hope is gone, i see only one way for us to rid us of this Cancer and it requires the club to self destruct and spend years in the lower leagues. I hate Ashley with a passion, thousands have to suffer just to get rid of one man.

• Our Toon

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:40 PM

Rotonda

Because he cant own it all his life with the tide turning more and more every season against him.

Why am I the type of fan that’s getting our club to go nowhere?

• Munster Mag

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:40 PM

I’ve become anaesthetised. It’s a shocker but rather Bruce than pardew, McClaren or Biffa. Bzg? Mickey these guys don’t have the dollars mate. Badly exposed.

• Our Toon

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:41 PM

Boom Sheikh

Very true I do need to get off the defensive, just difficult to know when someone’s having a dig or having a joke. Apologies mate

• Rotonda heights

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:41 PM

bambams

and people blame rafa for warning off arteta and viera !!! no decent manager should have to work under this regime

• Rotonda heights

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:42 PM

our toon

re – all your previous comments

• ToonRich

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:42 PM

I’ve just had a text from a mate who’s an Owl…he’s disgusted by how Bruce has conducted himself, but at the same time laughing his head off at us for paying £5m compo! That fee is in the top 3 transfers sales at Wednesday!!

• Ron Knee

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Keith Downie@SkySports_Keith

Our reporter @RichardGraves1 has spotted Steve Bruce leaving Hillsborough in a chauffeur-driven car, as Newcastle get set to offer him their manager’s job #NUFC #SWFC

• Rotonda heights

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:43 PM

deary me

because he can’t own it all his life…i’ve heard it all now.

• welshy14

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:46 PM

ron knee

straight to yorkshire Dale’s to get picked up of Ashley’s choppa

• Munster Mag

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:48 PM

To be fair I wouldn’t give bruce dogs abuse when at the ground, or on twitter. Serves no purpose and makes us look like scum. Disagree all you want, boycott yes please, bit giving venom to this guy is just going to make us look like the sort of fools the media sometimes portray us as. If the guy loses games and is tactically stupid, then work away, but he hasn’t joined us yet and geordies publicly abusing a geordie before he even sits in the seat just makes a show of us. Target Ashley and that bastard charnley first. They are the malaise, not Steve Bruce.

• Our Toon

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:48 PM

Rotonda

Such as what? You telling me rafa didn’t know what he was getting into before he took the job or that Ashley miraculously changed his blueprint because he got rafa as manager?

Ashley did what Ashley always does, he broke promises after Rafa got us back up, rafa should have walked rather than seeing his contract out. He didn’t and was happy enough to see it out.

The one thing that is consistent is Ashley lies, the mob hasn’t changed its mindset one bit. You just have to read the comments from Keegan, Shearer etc to know what a shite show it is to work for Ashley

That’s not a dig at rafa, but he’s happy to put off other managers for doing exactly what he did knowing full well what he was getting into

• TomaKaThor

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:48 PM

If its asll true then Bruce is taking this for hiss own selfish needs, payy check and another chance in the prem, the fool

• welshy14

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:49 PM

if the choppa leaves the Dale’s in about 2 hours time bruce is on it

• Bambams

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:49 PM

Rotonda

Exactly fella.

Sad day indeed.

• Our Toon

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:51 PM

Rotonda

Dear me, guess you are always right as per usual and we never see the back of Ashley ever!!

• Our Toon

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:53 PM

Munster

Spot on, targeting bruce for vitriol serves no purpose at all, the target should always be ashley not the puppet he hides behind

• Munster Mag

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:55 PM

I thought rafa made a bit of a fool of himself and his players when he said it would be a miracle if we stayed up. Now… It will be a real miracle!

• lochinvar

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Anyone at SJP ?
    Have the hovering vultures of Sky Sports vans or cars arrived to set up with their cameras yet ?
    Bruce should be there in about 90minutes as it’s reported that he’s left Sheffield in a chauffeur driven car.
    Pizza lunch then all that’s left is for him to say no in front of the cameras and become an icon.

It’s like the vultures circling a carcasses.
    Nothing left but the bones of one of the finest football clubs in the world.
    Sir Bobby turn away now, it’s too painful to watch.

• Bobbybee

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:56 PM

Right, the problem with pitch invasions is, you get banned from games by the court, not the club. So, if you do this, right off going to a game for ten years. It’s not worth it lads, don’t be so stupid. Unless you fancy that? The club could be in new hands by then, doing well, whilst you got banned for others who don’t care that much. Keep it real.
    Maybe this is Ashley’s final dig at us? Signs Bruce on a five year deal, then sells the club. The pay off would be massive. Just a thought. I know it wouldn’t sit well with BZG – or maybe that’s the plan to put them off? Who can tell with Ashley? Vindictive and childish and greedy to boot. You can’t second guess that dick – nobody else is such a knob that they can even imagine what he’s thinking.
    #Boycott Arsenal.

• kev1664

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:57 PM

• geordietom

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:57 PM

Steve Bruce to Fat Ash …

ok Mikey how much is my transfer budget …

well Stevie Boy every penny and a bag of canny crisps …

bruce to Fatboy are the crisps tomatoe sauce flavour …

Fatboy . yeah steve they are …

thats great mikey where do i sign …