web analytics

Ex-Newcastle Midfielder Finds New Club After Leaving On A Free

Mohamed Diame has finally found a new club. He will join Qatar Stars League club Al Ahli on a two-year deal after failing to secure a lucrative move to another Qatari club.

Here is the official tweet from his new club.

Two weeks ago the news was that Diame was about sign a massive £100,000/week contract with Al Gharafa. He was expected to join former Newcastle target Vladimir Weiss and former Dutch international Wesley Sneijder at the club.

Incidentally, Al Gharafa has just signed former Fulham coach Slavisa Jokanovic to be their manager so they must be willing to spend big to get players and coaches to join them.

However, the Diame to Al Gharafa news then went silent and no announcement was made of a deal. But it looks like he may have failed his medical at Al Gharafa.

Mo Diame will leave Newcastle after falling one start short of triggering a contract extension for another season with the Magpies. The way things are shaping up, it looks like we certainly could use him this season.

His experience and also familiarity with Steve Bruce from his time at Hull City might have proved invaluable.

We wish Mohamed Diame the best of luck in Qatar and hope he does well for his new club.

• Tsunki

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:33 PM

And for the record I don’t count speculative interest in the club as a failed sale. That’s all it was, something that vanished as quickly as it started. All this Midhat stuff, announcements, setting up of companies, more than one interested party, I heard a bloke in Dubai say etc was all fake. Top to bottom all fake. Don’t waste typing time trying to tell me anything different because it was all just lies. While Ashley and his pals were waving things around distracting everyone we failed to notice Benitez getting shoved onto the trapdoor. What we have now is what Ashley wanted three years ago.

• IrishMagpie

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:34 PM

Roy Keane to be brought in by Bruce as his number 2.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:35 PM

This is standard practice in the States with companies like Wal-Mart MarkBro. They destroy whole towns because nobody can compete with them (economies of scale mean lower prices) and they carefully keep workers’ hours below full time so they don’t have to pay benefits. It’s destroying the middle class and I’m sure that is Ashley’s idea as well. Maximize both his profit and other peoples’ poverty.

• Toon Cat

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:37 PM

One thing that winds me up (oh there are so many where Newcastle are concerned) is talk about ‘how much will Steve Bruce have to spend’ .. what his ‘transfer budget’ will be.

Do journos have no clue how the club operates ? Bruce will have no transfer budget. Nothing. Not a penny that he can personally control.

If any players do come in they will have been chosen by a cabal of Charnley/Barnes/maybe Ashley or some mate, with possibly advice from Nickson.

Sellection will be based on god knows what criteria or footballing philosophy, probably just whoever can be bought cheap and sold at a profit, and the transfer process will be conducted with the cabals usual chaos and incompetence.

Bruce (or whoever) is there on Ashleys terms and they do not include anyone listening to the manager/head coach. More of the same old failed stupidity from Ashley.

• naptoon

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:39 PM

Mark bro
    It’s a fiddle that full time contract thing. My missus used to work for Maccy dees on an upto 37 hr contract. They made a big hullabaloo in the national press about offering permanent contracts but they only offered out 8hr contracts with a 7day 24 hour availability. Naturally every one told them to shove it better off being able to pick and choose their own availability etc … but at least maccy dees got to go in the press saying they’d offered all employees a contract tw@ts.No doubt the tapeworm did something of similar ilk if not worse.

• Genjikai

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:39 PM

Rob if you email me on that email address i have an idea which i want to run through with you that ive messaged to bleach the leech .
    I reckon it could get traction. Just so happens youve mentioned it earlier.
    If we all agree on a date to attend thats posters and non posting blog followers get it whacked down then we can show in good numbers that the only reason this is happening is because of ashley.
    Surely ashleys got to get done for invoking people to near point of riot. He is actually affecting the mental state of a whole populace.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:41 PM

It will be interesting to see if we can find out if there ever was an actual offer, how much it was, and how far it got. Was the Staveley group offer fake as well? Ashley said it was a waste of time because it was low (270M) but he didn’t say it was fake. I agree with you Tsunki that the big stumbling block on selling is Ashley. I’m not sure now that he ever will sell unless he truly does destroy the club (Division Two mid-table for example) and sells it for whatever he can get. He’s got the arrogance and football stupidity to make that happen.

• lochinvar

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:41 PM

So there you have it
    Keith Downie covers Newcastle United for Sky Sports and he says that the first four managers to be approached to take the job were Steven Gerrard, Patrick Vieira, Roberto Martinez and Mikel Arteta.
    Allardyce was fifth and Bruce sixth.

Charnley should stay in detention after that dismal effort.
    God knows what the players will be thinking.
    Relief that Fat Sam didn’t roll into town that’s for sure.
    Perhaps Gerrard might have scared them.
    Possibly they wouldn’t understand Viera.
    Martinez they don’t know.
    Arteta was out of Charnleys price range.

BZG’s first job will be to sack Charnley for incompetence.

• RobLeenio

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:41 PM

Mister Tuff, I’m not a cold-hearted pr!ck, I’m well aware that people are gutted that the sale is looking unlikely and I know this because I’m gutted myself. I’m desperately trying to hold on to any hope I possibly can that the sale will still happen because the alternative is too horrible to contemplate.

I’m quite aware that my upbeat positivity might have misled people, but I certainly didn’t go out of my way to do so. I always said that we needed to take any given info with a pinch of salt and I always said that the whole thing could fall apart at any point.

I certainly never demanded that anyone leave the blog or that anyone would need to come crawling with their tail between their legs, which seems to be what you’re doing. All I asked was that people be treated with respect and allowed to give their opinions, which is after all what the blog is for.

What I don’t need is a sneering ‘we were right, you were wrong, you need to say sorry’. That kind of cr@p is going to get a reaction at the moment, so well done, you can feel very proud of yourself.

• Stardust

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:42 PM

Here is a fact. When these people come to buy the club they do have the money. We keep hearing reports of them making a bid and not having enough. That is daft surely. The only way to buy it is to have the money and the only reason to buy it is if you have the fee and also plenty money to invest to grow the business.

We know Stavely made a 3 tiered bid that by all accounts still lies on the table. He called her a time waster.

We know Kenyon tried to buy it and a letter was released apparently from him saying both Ashleys team and his were working hard to try and do the deal.

We know BZG have billions at their disposal. Terms were agreed and the Premier League were involved.

These are 3 that we know about in the past 18 months. So at least three serious buyers.

And yet he still cant sell it. It doesnt matter how much money you have you simply cannot buy it. We dont know whats going on. He said he had sorted everything so it was easy to buy and could go thru simply. In his Sky appearance in December he said it could be done by the New Year.

How can it be so difficult? If these three buyers who obv have the money cant do it then we have to face facts it wont ever happen.Even if we protest and boycott every game it wont matter. He will say OK Im ready to see then there will be another 6 month battle of due diligence and proof of funds and NDA’s and at the end they will say a deal wasnt possible.

• naptoon

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:42 PM

The tapeworm is persona non grata with anyone with a modicum of self respect.

• Nova

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:43 PM

GeordieTwo correct, AshLIE does this at Shirebrook in particular. Staff are terrified to go for a break for fear of getting finished, and do so on inhumane working contracts.

Whether its his shops or NUFC he wants to buy goods for the bare minimum / cheapest way possible and make himself the most money. This is always done with no regard for anyone barring his own inner circle of people.

• lochinvar

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:44 PM

Irish
    Roy Keane will just wait until Bruce is sacked. He’s bought two coaches with him, doesn’t need a third.

• naptoon

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:45 PM

Say sorry rob … pay ya bet. You’ve lost. Lol.

• Stardust

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:45 PM

Another funny thing is how they are now saying there will be plenty transfers. What they mean is plenty bids that are way under the player valuation and on deadline day we will all once again be in bed early. How often has he managed to bid for a player and actually get it sorted quick? LOL

• GeordieTwo

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:47 PM

A low end wage in the States in many states is where a waitress can legally be paid $2.13 an hour. My niece worked for that wage for a while but is now back in school. Of course there are tips but in the types of places many work a good tip might be $1.00 because most of the customers are poor too. It’s a disgrace. The US lost its claim to be civilized decades ago. The legal system is rife with corruption as is the federal government. I fear for them now and for the rest of us as they lie about everything under the sun including climate change which is an existential threat to everyone.

• MarkBro

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:47 PM

Imagine the takeover was all fabricated and someone dug enough info to expose mike and his cronies.

Kind of stuff on panorama or dispatches

• lochinvar

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:49 PM

Ffs the world really has ended

Travel companies from across the UK are laying on buses to take shoppers to a Primark store.
    The world’s biggest Primark, covering 161,000 sq ft over five floors, opened its doors in Birmingham city centre in April.
    Travel firms said a shopping trip to the West Midlands had been one of their most popular attractions of the year.

• lochinvar

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:51 PM

Bet Ashley is jealous of Primark

• Mister Tuff

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:52 PM

Robleenio – you are now displaying that old blog trait of inventing things.

1. Cold hearted prick – where does that come from.
    2. Demanding people leave the blog – where does that come from.
    3. no sneering from me – my last post about the potential of a takeover was that I thought there would be – I can hardly sneer at something I advocated.

• MarkBro

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:52 PM

@g2
    .we think Asleys corrupt, he looks like mary poppins compared to the american governments shady underhand tactics.

Always the poor that suffer, modern day slavery with a few benefits thrown in to keep it legit

• Genjikai

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:55 PM

And rob
    I hope you turn up with your family.
    I hope hibbert turns up with all his tribe whos gave up there tickets.
    And the many other like it. It would show that it is affecting familys what he is doing to our club.
    Plus would show the youth that youve got to stand up for what you think is right.
    That you cant let people get away with this type of behaviour a total disrespect of a peoples pride.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:55 PM

Well said Nova and lochinvar. Stick together lads. Do your best. I try to use real facts and data to expose corruption and lies. It’s important to keep trying to get the word out. This doesn’t have to be the future unless we let it be.

• Nova

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:55 PM

If only Stevie Bruce would turn it down too tomorrow …

Assuming he is appointed and the BZG bid is dead, do we think we will hear any genuine feedback from BZG?

Also there is the mystery second bidder Caulkin has mentioned several times.

To think he has just fcuked both of them off… Together with everything else this summer …

• one fine day

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:56 PM

Looks like “bills son” has revealed his true colours once again .
    We were told he was a bag of shite first time around but even last nights outburst confirmed what many have be saying …leopards n all that .not sure who bill ever was but it proves beyond doubt the need for contraceptives .
    300 million sperm and he was the fastest …wow.
    #boycott arsenal
    #reap what you sow
    #bruce is a scab

• GeordieTwo

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:57 PM

Well said MarkBro. It’s a horror show down there now. People are in despair. Others accept lies as facts. The liar in chief doesn’t know how to do anything but. The next election will be crucial to the future of all of us.

• MarkBro

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:01 AM

@Stardust

Mike doesnt want to sell the club.

He gets plenty free advertising for his company and his SD shareholders

He’ll just keep pretending to sell us. Hes just diverting attention from transfers etc

• beefman13

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Very dubious, all this Bruce was 6th choice patter, I do not believe it went from choice one choice 2 etc etc the media just threw names out, i don’t think it happened like that, Bruce had a terrible history of jumping ship and going for a so called better job?
    He is a well known snide/snake throughout the football World, after all any Geordie boy who manages the mackems and also writes songs in readiness for a mackem victory v the toon is traitorous. THE MAN IS A LIZARD.

• WarrenBartonCentreParting

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Good luck Mo.. I bet you can’t believe your luck that you weren’t offered that 2 year extension.. the Lord moves in mysterious ways..

I’ve been thinking.. sometimes you have to take 2 steps back to take one forward.. so with this in mind maybe Bruce is the perfect appointment.. take us down at first time of asking and chopping 100m off Ashley s asset at the same time..

• one fine day

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:02 AM

season tickets on general sale 15th …..
    Time for all to get on that site and buy up as many as possible then obviously forget where you put your credit card
    Remember nufc is as much as ashley company as any of the others mentioned and should be treated in the same way .

• BENNY 10

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:02 AM

@Tsunki

So do you think BZG are fake?
    Or is it their interest in purchasing that was fake?

• RobLeenio

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:06 AM

Mister Tuff, I was saying I’m not cold hearted and therefore am sensitive to how people feel, not that you called anyone it.

You said certain posters should not post opinions for a couple of months – well, I’m opinionated so I may as well leave the blog.

Sneering – maybe just me being over-sensitive. Maybe also reacting to tsunki at the same time.

It’s been a rough week for us all, you’ll perhaps say your original post wasn’t meant for the likes of me and maybe it wasn’t, but I am feeling guilty for talking the takeover up at the moment so maybe I’m reading too much into it.

I snapped similarly at JazzyP the other day too, head’s all over the shop, probably anticipating attacks from certain quarters.

Sorry for any offence.

• one fine day

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:08 AM

beefman
    very true
    I remember him celebrating like a headcase after cantona got that winner in 95 …toon fan my arse.
    One of the worst insults that can be levered at a man in the north east is SCAB
    That is what he is , has always been and always will be .(younger lads .just google it)
    All this “get behind him as our manager “etc give me a f@uckin break
    #BRUCEISASCAB

• GeordieTwo

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:11 AM

I think the only statement we might get in the end is that a deal couldn’t be brought to fruition and both parties have agreed that negotiations are over. In fact we’ll be lucky to get that.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:27 AM

Robleenio – no problems.

Alright I’ll change my suggestion of an opinion ban from two months to a fortnight.