web analytics

Sun Journalist With Takeover Scoop Still Claims Story Was Correct – Is Ashley The Culprit?

Sun journalist Justin Allen has been taking the abuse today from extremely upset Newcastle fans. The impending hire of Steve Bruce has laid waste to any hope that a takeover is happening soon.

While Justin was just doing his job and reporting the information he was given, some Newcastle fans have pressed Justin for an explanation of how it has all gone so wrong since his reporting on May 26th.

This is an exchange between fan David Pick and Justin Allen. Justin responded to the fan as he asked a reasonable question. For reference sake, the tweet that Justin sent saying “Not a single bit of guesswork” was deleted but he explains why in his follow up tweet.

Both the fan and Justin Allen are actually in the right here. David Pick is just asking for some accountability on what was literally the greatest piece of news any Newcastle United fan could have received. News which as of this date does not look likely to happen.

We also have to feel a bit for Justin Allen to be honest. He was reporting what he was told and for all we know at the time it could have been absolutely correct. We just would not put it past Mike Ashley to have sabotaged the whole deal.

We would not even put it past Mike Ashley to string the Bin Zayed Group along in the hopes that it would be reported, with the sole intention of crushing the hopes of Newcastle fans after it was. While that may sound cynical, would anyone really doubt he was capable of it?

Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan– if Ashley is pulling the plug, we need an official statement

The Bin Zayed Group are also cloaked in mystery at the moment. We don’t fully understand their situation. If they are colossal time wasters, then they don’t comprehend the psychological damage they have caused a lot of people. But we will give them the benefit of the doubt unless more information comes to light.

If they are however forthright in their claims, then they have at least tried to enlighten the fans on the progress of the deal.

Mike Ashley has not done that. If BZG are frauds, then the onus is on Mike Ashley to dispel their claims and prevent the mass delusion of a possible deal. A simple statement would have quelled what has now grown into a behemoth of mistrust.

Right now, the culprit is Mike Ashley. It’s not Justin Allen. It’s not Peter Graves. It’s not Steve Bruce. It’s not Jack Colback. It is Mike Ashley. And you can throw Lee Charnley in there for good measure, but for his incompetence as we will give him the benefit of the doubt in regards to motive.

Where do we proceed from here? That is the question. The answers are not easy but we must find some and soon.

• twotonearmy

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:08 AM

I can’t wait for the day we get to hear what was actually going on behind the scenes. Was it all spin? Was there ever any serious bids? Is it all imagined by Ashley’s PR? Is it journalists just making up ideas for articles?

I was out last summer I had given up on Ashley and expecting anything positive but this fakeover tricked me and I came back expecting the best. I won’t fall for these fake claims again.

• toon22

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:10 AM

It’s never MAs fault

• MarkBro

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:13 AM

Didnt realise SD had a store in Dubai

Sports Direct

Dubai – United Arab Emirates

• RobLeenio

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:15 AM

Neil, worthy of being the back page leader in any paper in the UK. Well researched, balanced and articulate. Excellent article which sums up the confusion and heartache we all feel right now.

• MarkBro

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:16 AM

It was all spin. A very well written spoof.

Everything from companies house, cleaning signs and no comments.

We’re just finding out how horrible they can be

• Genjikai

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:17 AM

Toon22
    Email genjikai.nufc@gmail.com
    Ive got a proposition for you. Dont worry im not a shill and will keep your identity safe.

• Stardust

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:17 AM

And another thing. It didnt seem to matter who got the job whilst Ashley is here. I think we all agreed on that. But now it does matter to me. You could name 100 managers and I wouldnt care, however, this bloke is a traitor to the Geordie nation.

Just look at him in his Sunderland gear, or wearing a Sunderland scarf. Remember how his song was ready. Remember him celebrating a goal against us. Remember his wise-cracks about us.

Calls himself a Geordie, not f****** likely.

This appointment has tipped me over the edge.I will not go back whilst they are taking the p*** out of us. It is nothing short of a disgrace the way we have been treat. For years all theyve needed to do is be open. Its like the gestapo running the club.

And now infiltrated by mackems. My newcastle no longer exists. The results do not matter until these people are gone.

• beefman13

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Yes, a really apt word from a previous post, Steve Bruce is a SCAB, could not imagine him staying on a picket line, I feel he would also be a grass to boot.
    11th of July was a horriblus concerning bad toon news, today the 12th I’m afraid may get even worse, dear god help us out?

• Stardust

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:21 AM

Its actually starting to feel like a weight being lifted. Theres no fear of relegation because I havent got a team in the league.

• Genjikai

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:22 AM

Neil your right its only ashley fault.
    Keith dowie done an article on sky earlier and he was listing newcastle fans reasons for discontent. He listed we were planning boycott, ashley was the problem, steve bruce appointment, still angry about rafa.
    He just doesnt get it it is only ashley that is the problem.
    That whole article should of just read fcuk ashley.
    Bruce should pick up the phone and say fcuk ashley.
    All should say fcuk ashley
    Leave his club manager less.

• true toon

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:22 AM

I decided enough is enough. Just cancelled my season ticket and decided to support Man City from now on.

• Stardust

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:23 AM

Im also starting to wonder about people saying we dont want to get relegated because he’ll not sell us. I now feel like he has had the perfect opportunity to sell us and wont so we may as well accept it. If we’re in the Premier he wont leave so how about 2 or 3 years in the championship. Maybe it is going to take that long.

• Genjikai

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:24 AM

True toon thats made my stomach churn reading that. Sick.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:24 AM

Regrettably I can’t join the boycott, I haven’t been to St James Park for around 30 years but if I was still a regular match goer, my next home game would be at Gateshead Stadium. I wouldn’t set foot inside SJP until Ashlie was gone.

I did once go into the local SD Sports shop out of curiosity and the total disinterest of the staff in there was enough to make me realise that not only was it a tat shop but that the employees are mindless zombies with no brand loyalty, a mindset inspired by their employee, which I don’t blame them for!

Good luck to those that can take positive, let’s hope it succeeds.

• Stardust

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:25 AM

well done true toon. ive got 2 tickets that were paid for in March. Im going to the bank tomorrow to try and get the cash back and Im spending the lot on weapons if they give me it.

• Genjikai

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:26 AM

Egb
    But you can turn up to a protest outside of sjp surely?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:29 AM

Back to the old Ashley model.

It won’t work Steve Bruce, you surely must know that. You won’t get the players the side needs when it needs them, and you’ll end up with a number of players you simply don’t want.

It’s going to be rough and you just can win here. You’re being used.

• Online Guy

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:31 AM

Talk sport deliberately cut Steve Harmison off this morning just as Steve was going to tell the nation the truth about Mike Ashley ..Alan Brazil was a disgrace.

They let Sam Alladyce run with his tongue and big Ashley up ..shocking

It seems like the media are now dancing to Ashleys tune ..Money involved ?

This is sickening .

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:32 AM

….can’t, can’t, can’t win

• Genjikai

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:32 AM

Olg
    Drop is an email mate

• Genjikai

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:33 AM

Olg
    Disgrace that and the media have ni agenda, aye reet nee bother.

• Online Guy

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:35 AM

Steve Bruce if you or your son read this …you have let Geordies and Newcastle fans down massively

You know what Ashley is you know how he has raped our football club , I have only one word for you ..no, make that 2 words,

Fkng Judas.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:37 AM

Genjikai

I don’t live in the NE anymore so a round trip of 600 miles is not something I want to embark on at my age.

• Online Guy

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:49 AM

VOODOO DOLL DAY !

Its got so bad at Newcastle United with the owner making one malicious move after another that Im calling for ” Voodoo Doll Day !

So here’s how it’s gonna work .

Sunday evening 19:00 hrs ..or 7 of the clock in old money ..Grab a doll..make a doll…stick Ashleys name on it ..paste a cut out of his face on it if you like , I’m sure you will be creative and come up with some great ideas ..

The countdown is from now and at the time afore mentioned , Sunday evening , stick the Ashley effigy with pins, razors, toothpicks, cover the little/big fat twat in tomato sauce, stamp on him , don’t forget the pins in the head and the torso ..just make sure he’s not moving when your finished with him .

Remember, Official !

VOODOO DOLL DAY
    19:00 SUNDAY

• dig-n-dig22

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:54 AM

Let’s hope we don’t hear fan’s singing this in SJP, E L O ” Don’t take us down BRROUUCE” ,let’s hope there are no fan’s in SJP to sing it.

• beefman13

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:56 AM

Managed Birmingham went to Villa, Simon jordan, dodgy I know, put him on”gardening leave” at Palace, caused nowt but bother. Went to those 12 mile south, now on the verge of coming here, no class cares f cuk all about any fans, greedy lizard of a man.

• Online Guy

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:58 AM

Genjikia

At the rushed gathering , short notice, meeting of the Magpie Group on the Monday at Sir Bobby Robson statue ..I was there just over the road in a 4×4 was on my way South but did want to lend my support …I noticed Lee Ryder sitting on the wall opposite the statue and the Magpie group representatives. He was recording you and taking pictures on his phone . Had a pair of black and white check trousers on . Smartly dressed , open necked dress shirt. You might spot him if you look at pictures that were taken from the gantry, walkway above where you where standing.

Taking it all in !

Well done btw.

Dogs going nuts ..back soon.

• Online Guy

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:01 AM

Dig n dig

Brilliant !

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:05 AM

Steve, I said a few days back if you’re really a true Geordie and a fan of our club you should boycott the managers job without hesitation.

Don’t be the fall guy for a fcuking Cockney piece of shite, Newcastle United is not a sleeping princess and your no Prince Charming, this is not a fairy tale where you come and save the princess, this is a harrowing tale of a prince that gets killed.

• widowmagandapoke

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:05 PM

The thing that really wound me up this week was that the creature was going to give Bruce a substantial amount for transfers. Why couldn’t he have done this when we had a real manager?. I have packed in my season card and really hope we drop into the second or third tier to relinquish the creature’s hold on our club.