web analytics

Newcastle Maintain Interest In Nantes Young Defender

Newcastle United will continue to keep tabs on 18 year-old Aristote Lusinga at Nantes.

fc_nantes2008.jpg

Newcastle have been interested in the Nantes youngster for a while now, and although he signed a three-year contract with Nantes yesterday, we wouldn’t be at all surprised if he ended up on Tyneside before August is out.

The young center-back resisted interest from Newcastle to sign for the French club, but that is unlikely to put off Newcastle if they believe Lusinga is worth bringing to Tyneside.

We signed 5 top class youngsters in January, and Aristote seems to be the latest emerging star we are after.

The 18 year-old top prospect is expected to attract a reasonable bid from Newcastle, and he could be the first youngster to be captured by the club in the summer transfer window.

Aristote is 5′11″ tall, and turned 18 years-old only last February.

Newcastle have yet to make an offer for the player, but it wouldn’t take much to bring the player to Newcastle, and we think the lad would be another good investment for the club.

What do you think?

• Zhun

May 29, 2008 at 5:01 PM

I just like newcastle united
    Maybe its because of alan shearer
    And i remember well when nufc came to Malaysia when i was 12
    I watched it live!
    But im too young to get there
    I mean newcastle
    But surely i will watch a match at st james’ park one day (my dream)
    With my fiancee mayb? 🙂
    What annoys me is all of my friends support top 4 teams
    They underestimate us!
    But im still proud to say that im a Newcastle united fan!

• Marat18

May 29, 2008 at 5:03 PM

broon ale,
    im spending a lot of time on Toon’s message board 🙂 So, I even learned some geordies word, which you cannot find in usual dictionary 🙂
    but come on, my english isn’t that good. bunch of foreigners on this site speaks much better eng.

so honestly it’s 50% english, 50% foreigners on this site, isn’t it?

as for link above – anyone wants us signing Kaka tomorrow?

• ObaFan2

DM: Achille Emana

RM: Arda Turan

LM: Aiden McGeady

ST: Mario Gomez
    or
    ST: Bafetembi Gomis

Please. Let’s get these guys and some youngsters, and hope for the best next season.

• Tom_Toon

May 29, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Emana is more of an AM than a DM, although he is box-to-box.

Why buy Shorey if you get Torosidis. Torosidis plays LB, RB and DM also CB and both wings if needs be.

• Geordie Gerrard7

May 29, 2008 at 6:28 PM

nothing happening yet again?

• ToonKing

May 29, 2008 at 6:36 PM

nope

• Geordie Gerrard7

May 29, 2008 at 6:38 PM

soooo boring.

• Tom_Toon

May 29, 2008 at 6:38 PM

ToonKing – Thoughts on Florin Costea (asking cos i saw he said he would never play for another romanian club only abroad, and they only want about 2 mil for him) and Igor Burzanovic.

• ToonKing

May 29, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Costea is very good, Steaua want him but he’s staying put.

I haven’t seen much of Burzanovic, all i know is he’s an AM. but if were allread in the area i would much rather have Zoran Tosic, he’s great and i think younger then Burzanovic.

• Tom_Toon

May 29, 2008 at 7:07 PM

but Tosic is a left winger and Burzanovic is a playmaker.

How good is Deac whos was in the romanian squad? Never seen him play.

• ToonKing

May 29, 2008 at 7:25 PM

me neither 🙂

• Tom_Toon

May 29, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Adrian Cristea looks a pretty decent midfielder.

• Oleg G

May 29, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Hi toon fans. And Marat…

I am russian too, well, X russian, I am Israeli now… well, right now I am writing from Brazil, live here for the last 4 months.

Supporting NEWCASTLE from all over the globe. But actually I’m a little bit angrey, so many rumors, no signing, and nothing solid.

Also saw the game with Gomis on the french squad. He is good, but only in my dreams I see him in Newcastle.

• ToonKing

May 29, 2008 at 8:56 PM

he’s more like a striker-winger and he’s average at best.

• Tom_Toon

May 29, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Aye, ive seen him play on the wing, thats in midfield.

• totsy

May 29, 2008 at 9:27 PM

i cant believe how boring this transfer window has been there been no real bids made by newcastle for any player….when will this boredom end!!!!!!!!!!

• Danish_Magpie

May 29, 2008 at 11:15 PM

While I wouldn’t believe the Torres thing even if it WAS on BBC, it was a good laugh none-the-less 🙂

It does seem there are a few of us foreigners on here. As for how you start supporting NUFC abroad, it seems a good share of us started in the early-mid 90’s. For me it was the flowing football of Keegan and then the signing of Shearer who was my favorite player (and indeed amazing at Euro ’96). That England team was cool btw.) I think once you get ‘hooked’ you just become a bigger and bigger fan.

Marat, I visited St. James’ park for the first time in December, and it was awesome. Well worth the plane ticket, car rental etc 🙂 I saw Nufc-Brum, so I am one of just a few people to have seen Fat Sam win a game at St. James’ 🙂 No seriously, get tickets for a game like that and they will be available and affordable.

PS: Any of you foreigners find yourself supporting England almost as much as your own country? In the last few intl tournaments I think I have been as emotionally invested in the England games as the Denmark games. Not really sure how it developed… I just think when it comes to football, I’m a wannabe englishman. 🙂 English football is just the best, and the EPL is the most entertaining league in the world. The English mentality, speed of play etc. is class. Spain is maybe more technical but I just love the end-to-end, throw tactics in the wind footy 🙂

• Danish_Magpie

May 29, 2008 at 11:24 PM

BTW. Tom_Toon, wouldn’t mind us signing Shorey AND our Torosidis. Considering he can play RB and DM, He would be useful even if Shorey and Enrique shared the LB spot. Right now, if Beye gets injured, we don’t have much cover (I know we have Geremi but then we don’t have much midfield cover…):

Shorey 2.5mm
    Crouch 9m (+extra if UEFA cup for us)
    Arashavin 9-11m

Smith 5m
    Duff 1-2m
    Ameobi free
    Cacapa free
    Rozenhal 2m
    =8m + lots of saved wages

Net spending of 35-40m including fees, for what I think is a top quality team..

This is assuming we stick with the 4-3-3 btw.

• Tom_Toon

May 29, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Danish – Torosidis plays LB aswell though! And it will give the excuse to blood some youngsters.

• Danish_Magpie

May 29, 2008 at 11:30 PM

I guess so, Tom_Toon. I just think we need depth if we are serious about pushing for Europe. And I can’t resist a good deal, and taking advantage of Reading’s situation to snap up a fringe England player approaching his peak for a position we have struggled to fill… sounds like a deal to me 🙂

• Tom_Toon

May 29, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Is Kahlenberg good enough for us, i think he’d be a good very realistic option to a creative midfielder, and fairly cheap.

Lets face it we arent going to get the van der vaarts, diegos and the likes. So is he the next best thing to them?

• Leo

May 30, 2008 at 1:15 AM

danish magpie i must say your english is impecable *claps hands* i wish i was good with languages

im only good at gibberish, and btw it is a real language and everyone can speak it once they know how haha… download the song by cassius henry called gibberish

if we were in school and there was someone who wanted to talk in private we used it and people have no idea lol. but its soo easy once you learn it.

• Danish_Magpie

May 30, 2008 at 8:56 AM

Haha. A couple of girls did that at my school back in like 7th grade or something. Was well annoying because I obviously fancied both of them.. 🙂

Thanks for the compliment, Leo. To be fair, I spent 4 years at uni in the US, though I’m back in Denmark now.

Tom_Toon: Yes, Kahlenberg would probably be good enough for us as a creative midfilder. He won’t set the prem alight like Elano did, but he is really good technically has good passing. Might be worth a shout, if cheap. I just think we need Chr. Poulsen more. He really is one of the best DM’s in the world I think. Not saying he is one of most gifted players, but in terms of getting the DM job done of stopping opposing teams, being a nuisance, and not losing the ball once he wins it, he is great. He has been tracked by Barca so it may be difficult, but with the right money, we could tempt him..

Btw. Bendtner was awesome against Netherlands yesterday. I’ve always really liked him and if he ever wants to leave Arsenal cuz he is sick of playing second (fourth?)-fiddle, we should make a move..