web analytics

Martins Linked to Wolfsburg

Newcastle’s Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins is linked to an £8M transfer to current Bundesliga champions VfL Wolfsburg.

oba-martins-351

Oba Martins-Will we see this next season?

Could Martins be on his way to join surprise German champions Wolfsburg? Wolfsburg will be looking to add quality players for their first Champions League campaign. Martins could be quite a steal for only £8M.

What an exciting team Wolfsburg would be if they added Martins to the super striking duo of Grafite and Edin Dzeko, who scored an unprecedented 54 goals between them last year? Grafite scored an amazing 28 goals in just 25 appearances. I guess it must be fun to be a Wolfsburg fan.

• ObaFan2

Jul 24, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Sounds like it could be a good move for Oba and Wolfsburg.

• toonsy

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:13 AM

And at 8 million plus the loss of his wages, it could be a good deal for us aswell!

Shame though as Martins is one high earner i would like to keep.

• Kevin Nichol

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:34 AM

In a word….No!

It is completely pointless specualting who will leave as well as who might come in!

Right now we will not sign or sell any players until we are sold; or until that fat f@ck decides to stay on as no want wants to do a deal with him!

How many potential buyers did he alienate last year when he refused to talk to buyers out in the far east? No one has a shred of respect for the man.

I will not attend another game until we are sold! I’m saddened by the fact that me principles will not allow me to part with any money whilst he remains the owner!

I was hoping he may have f@cked off by the time we play leeds on July 29th. theres about as much chance of that as that other c@nt lambias coming out with a statement of truth!

• Toon Graeme

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:34 AM

NUFC.com reporting interest in Beye from Pompey and Hull!!!!!

F’ing hate that B****D Phil Brown – his voice grates on me t*t end!!!!

• sahota

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I think we will just keep saying that “situation should be resolved as soon as possible otherwise we will be suck in championship” and this stupid Mike won’t simply listen…..Its anger all around… I just can not imagine whats going on. Can’t he just let us all know what the hell is going on. I am against protests but now I can see there is no other way to push him….We as fans now need to do something so that Mike speaks out. He just is not giving damn shit to anybody. Alan Shearer will also walk away and we will start championship campaign with Hughton. Then Mike will start selling players to make some money and reduce wages and will not buy any new players. I am not sure what he is thinking. If he can not sell club now then I am not sure when he can. There is NO HOPE we will be back in premier league under Mike. And he should try to negotiate with bidders and walk away with offer near to 100m thats best for him.

• RyanToon

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:53 AM

all the best oba

• bro56

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:59 AM

well according to the Journal the sale might take at least another week

” But there has been little or no progress on that front in the last fortnight and investment banker Keith Harris, who is leading efforts to broker the sale of the club, is currently on holiday”

he’s took Orvil to Pontins for a week of sordid sex with Barney the dinosaur and has left his ‘out of office’ on.. jesus..a holiday!!, must be a quiet week in his office.. unless he’s done his work and we’ve been sold… :>

• Toon Graeme

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Sahota – morning my friend.

Ive got a feeling the sticking point with the sale is the ‘loan’ and repayment issue.

No way is MA walking away without that!

I could be wrong like.

Anyone going to see sir bob match on Sunday. I cant wait!!!!!

• sahota

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Morning @Toon Graeme
    But Mike should understand this is golden chance to offload us. If we are still in championship next year and he tries to sell us then, I am sure nobody will even give him £75 Mil

• Rasz

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:57 AM

it would be a great loss for us,but hey that would be some strike force at wolfsburg eh?

anybody got links to any vid or good pics of the huddersfield brawl?

• Zangwill_Ho

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:42 AM

Wolfsburg will be powerful next season then!!
    All the best Martins!!!!!