web analytics

Cheick Tiote Is Newcastle United Blog Player Of The Season

Cheick Tiote, in his very first season on Tyneside, has won the Newcastle United Blog Player of the Season award.

Cheick Tiote – what a player!

Cheick beat out Joey Barton to win fairly the vote comfortably, in a poll where each reader had one vote and a total of 2486 readers voted.

Here are the results of the poll.

Who Was Newcastle's Player Of The Season?

• Cheick Tiote (38%, 941 )
  • Joey Barton (31%, 754 )
  • Kevin Nolan (13%, 311 )
  • Fabricio Colocccini (11%, 283 )
  • Jose Enrique (4%, 108 )
  • Jonas Gutierrez (3%, 74 )

Total Voters: 2,486

Loading ... Loading ...

In previous years the winners were :

2008 – Habib Beye
2009 – Sebastian Bassong
2010 – Jose Enrique

It’s interesting that if Jose leaves this summer all previous three winners will no longer be at the club.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Unless I’m much mistaken , Barton and nolan didn’t keep us up 2 years ago.

• Nufc_mo

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Davytoon i highly doubt that

Tiote rejected a move to chelsea in January, where his Mate Drogba plays. Im sure Gervinho not coming to Newcastle will not result in Tiote throwing a strop and asking to leave…

Tiote is happy @ Newcastle.

• CHAPPA

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:43 AM

@ nufc_mo i agree with you mate if tiote wanted to leave then y didnt he in january when chelsea wanted him? and newcastle wernt 100% safe to stay up..a dont think he going anywhere any time soon

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Rotondo
    CORRECT…..

But Nolan and BARTOON were catalysts in bringing us back to where we belong!!!!

Oh and Nolan and Barttoon were the most instrumental players in Keeping us up…..

You have No argument there bonny lad!

• Rotonda heights

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:44 AM

angry

I think you’re getting confused now. I certainly never said give barton a new contract. I said he was offered one, just not the one his agent wanted. Some people are very black and white on everything (metaphorically) and probably mean well.

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:51 AM

At the end of the day, my take on all this Sh!te is Mike fat maggot cashley has yet to Prove that he has our Football club at heart…….

He has done nothing in his tenure to prove to anyone that he has!! That is an actual fact!

Now Pardew says he was told he would get ALL of the 35m to spend on team building???

Then it was all the 35m on team building to include transfer fees and wages???

Now, so far we have signed Tiote Longterm 16m contract I think ??

Now we have simpson 5 year deal say 7m

That leaves Parps with approx 12m….

5m Cabaye (if it comes off)

7m (Striker)

as many free’s as we can muster 😉

I mean…we are looking at Gameiro okay, bare with me here, and if we dont get him erdinc….woo hoo nice, and if we dont get him….shane long!!

I rest my case….if you were a gambling man like our illustrious leader…..which one would you plump for….of course theres the old…we tried for the other 2 but couldnt reach agreement!!

Oh i can see it all panning out now!

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:53 AM

BUT
    WE LIVE IN HOPE as we have for the last 8 transfer windows boys n gals!!!

• ENNYOUEFFSEE

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Guys what is going on here. You both have valid points I think both Nolan and Barton have had a great season and as such should be rewarded for their contribution. But on the other hand we have to improve and the only way we can do that is with better players.

Foreigners coming in to a team need to be bedded down. The pace of the premiership is not to everyone’s liking. We cannot get rid of our best players in case things don’t work out.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Angry

Please check back over the archives, I never said give barton a new contract.
    You are either trying to get me to bite or failing that, it worries me if you can get something like that so fundamentally wrong when trying to a make a case against someone, that everything you say tends to lose credibility.

For someone who’s always saying check your facts back,well back at yer kidder

I never sit on the fence, or abuse people from behind a keyboard. I like good passing football a la Barcelona. I dislike Ashley in certain aspects, yet appreciate others. I don’t rate Pardew as a manager. I’d like to see the club evolve with in barton’s own words: younger, better players. No sitting on the fence there chum.

Awaits predictable and tired response to satisfy a narciscistic and egotistical need to argue over just about anything I guess. off on hols now, so sadly won’t have time to trawl through endless threads on my return.Have a nice day now.

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Rotonda

In denial!!

• Starnufc

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:07 AM

angry dont worry rotonda has no idea was he/she is talking about!!

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:17 AM

ENNYOUEFFSEE
    This is exactly my point….BUT it is obviously wrong? *shrugs shoulders*

• ilovetoon8788

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Even if we buy new players, Nolan and Barton may not be world beaters. But we dumping our Captain and Vice-Captain in a single transfer window? That’s the stupidest move anyone can make. They are our captains and we need them in the dressing room to keep every in cheick.

Give them a contract they deserve now Ashley.

• toonturtle

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:00 AM

The past results are not good reading:

2008 – Habib Beye – Left the club
    2009 – Sebastian Bassong – Left the club
    2010 – Jose Enrique – About to leave the club

2011- Cheick Tiote – ????

• willowdalerez

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Wow… who voted? Most must have been hign on Crack! I did but for Nolan of course! Tap ins from Carroll… go to the Prem website and look at the detailed distribution of his scoring Rotonda fully 1/2 count ’em 6 of Nolan’s 12 goals (which ties him with Drogba/Dempsey & Adam at 12th most in the League) are outside the Goal Box… Moronic comment!!! Nolan also had no red cards and just 10 yellows and 37 fouls in the season! An exemplary captain!

By comparison what did Tiote offer 1 lonely goal, 14 yellows and 75 fouls given up… yeah a deserving Player of the Year NOT Maybe MOTM on the day he scored that’s about it!

Not to mention Nolan held the Team together after the F*CK ups that were CH’s sacking the importation of Partpoo and the sale of our New homegrown No. 9… Now you are soooooo keen on importing some new No. 9 hero from France… Yeah great luck with that! They are known for their love of English culture… especially Geordie culture… they fit right in on the Toon like Seb Blatter does having a Chip Butty in Blackpool on Saturday morning round 1 am just cross from the ferris wheel down by the docks! Good luck wooing and keeping a frenchman happy on the Tyne je suis 100% sur qu’il prefere jouer libre dans le desert pour les roi Saud (de moin ils parlent Francais)!

1 7 8 9