web analytics

Tim Krul Looks To Bigger And Better Things At Newcastle

Tim Krul has hos most productive season ever at Newcastle,  and made his breakthrough into the first team, appearing 25 times between the sticks for Newcastle last season.

Tim Krul – good season for Newcastle

Graeme Souness brought Tim to the club back in the summer of 2005, when Tim was just 17 years old, and he now talks with a unique Dutch Geordie accent, and appears to be completely and totally committed to the Newcatsle cause, and is a big favorite with the fans.

Tim was born in The Hague in Holland, and played very well last season and had some very good games, but like very goalkeeper in the world he also made one or two mistakes.

But Krul is still improving, and he could well become a top International goalkeeper as well as the Newcastle number one for years to come.

The Dutch lad only turned 23 last month, and has received a well deserved call-up to the full Dutch squad, and we expect him to make his debut in the Dutch side during the next week or so.

Krul talked about his exciting season to the Newcastle main web-site today:

“It was a good season for the team and for me,” “We finished 12th, which we would have taken that at the start of the season.””When you are so close to a top ten finish then it is a little disappointing but in reality we should all be delighted with what we have achieved.”

“I loved this season and I cannot wait for next season to come already. I’ve had a great season this year – I played 25 games in total and am more than that. I just hope I can keep hold of the number one spot now.”

“It’s been more games than I expected, so I’m really happy with that, and I’ve proved that I’m more than capable of playing in the Premier League. Hopefully the manager chooses me again in the summer and I can fight for that.”

“I am going away on international duty, which will help me develop even more as a player, and then I just want to work hard over the summer to be fit for pre-season. Hopefully it will be another year to remember for me and for Newcastle.”

Tim Krul so far has 34 appearances for the Newcatsle first team, and will fight it out for the number one goalkeeper position in pre-season with veteran Steve Harper, and returning Hexham-born Fraser Forster, who had a successful loan spell at Glasgow Celtic.

It;s anybody’s guess who will be number one, and when we announce the winner of the Player of the Season award tomorrow, w;ell put up another poll asking readers who they think will be number one next season.

• greek toon

May 31, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Lads every1 on facebook come we destroy this mackem fool, http://www.facebook.com/Gervinho/posts/10150275180768993?notif_t=feed_comment_reply

• Toon1978

May 31, 2011 at 7:42 PM

toonruz

Have you heard something mate and how you so confident lol??

• IndoInvest

May 31, 2011 at 7:47 PM

@toon1978

he wants jonas too i heard..

• Toon1978

May 31, 2011 at 7:50 PM

IndoInvest

How bloody annoying lol

• t00ntime

May 31, 2011 at 7:50 PM

haha greek toon i love your attitude 😛
    but i think gervinho knows we are the best fans 😛

and besides we know that gooning mackem is just scared that if we get cabaye, gamiero, gervinho, ba and zogbia( + we dont lose enrique or buy m bengue) that we will take there place in the top 4 😀

well lets hope so any way :S

• IndoInvest

May 31, 2011 at 7:51 PM

• gorskino10

May 31, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Our chance for Gervinho is very low seen many sites saying its between Liverpool and Arsenal not even menthioning us :p

If we lose out on him id go for Youssef El Erabi, winger whos younger and got over 14 goals i believe for Caen
    Plenty more fish in the sea if Gerv doesnt sign.

Gameiro we NEVER stood a chance but i really like Ba 🙂
    As long as we dont pay money for Carlton Cole or Bebatov im happy.

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 7:56 PM

very confident in this i am arguing with all the gunners fans on twitter but in a way i am putting my faith in my mate , and also this reminds me of the ben arfa deal last year a lot of british dont like the fact that we signing him so they are stiring it up by arsnal have when they havent

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 7:57 PM

very confident in this i am arguing with all the gunners fans on twitter but in a way i am putting my faith in my mate , and also this reminds me of the ben arfa deal last year a lot of british press dont like the fact that we signing him so they are stiring it up by arsnal have bid when they havent

• Toon1978

May 31, 2011 at 7:59 PM

toonruz

I can see your debate on Twitter mate. God you want to hope ya mate is right otherwise them Gooners are gonna rib you something rotten lol.

• gorskino10

May 31, 2011 at 8:00 PM

But Ben Arfa was linked MANY times but in that window he wasnt linked to anyone it came out the blue like Van Der Vaart to Spurs, before he got linked with many even Chelsea i recall.

With Gervinho its different linked with Spurs/Arsenal/Man City/Liverpool

• NUFC STEVE

May 31, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Where is the Barton rumour ??? There’s no way they want him!!! Gerrard, mereles,Lucas poulsen spearing Joe cole Suarez who all play in the middle!!! Not a hope!!!

• ToonDownSouth

May 31, 2011 at 8:07 PM

To be fair, Cole & Poulsen will be off. It wouldn’t surprise me. We all know how good he is and what he brings to the team.

But Barton must know he wouldn’t get regular 1st team football there. Which he most likely will here. Pardew would still pick him.

Also, if we don’t sign Gervinho, I hope you all stop listening to these guys on twitter lol.

I enjoy reading the rumors too, yes, but I don’t take it as gospel.

• toonbelmonter(mr.T...iote)

May 31, 2011 at 8:10 PM

sum1 post the latest twitter rumours 4 as lads

• Toon1978

May 31, 2011 at 8:11 PM

toonbelmonter

Nothing different from what you have already heard mate.

• NUFC STEVE

May 31, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Lads if we don’t get gervinho I hope we get Zogbia
    Everyone will be surprised how improved he is!!!!
    Also he is premiership proven!!!!

• woodsee

May 31, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Said it before should snap up mackail smith from peterboro;would be great back up for whoever are main strikers are and 2million would be enough

• archaeomag

May 31, 2011 at 8:14 PM

@NUFC steve. . and he speaks French. . .

• toonbelmonter(mr.T...iote)

May 31, 2011 at 8:16 PM

cheers toon1978 lol just gotta be sum1 out there in the know, toonruz how confident is your m8 wel get gervinho, n am a bit peed of theres ne barnetta news tbh

• Mancgeordie

May 31, 2011 at 8:16 PM

nufc steve i hope we get both we only have 1 decent winger because i reckon fergie will probably end up being lb cover competing for 1st team place

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 8:16 PM

mackail smith see how good he is next season first
    see if he can make the step up

• Mancgeordie

May 31, 2011 at 8:19 PM

if ben arfa is playing in the hole behind a main striker. the thing is with gervinho and zog they both can score goals from wide positions and are fast and direct

• colwell

May 31, 2011 at 8:20 PM

The banter between Barton and Savage is funny.

Savage posted a pic of Joey kissing the toon badge and added great to joey pity they don`t want you lol.

• woodsee

May 31, 2011 at 8:20 PM

toonruz he will play in the prem this season 3 prem clubs are after him

• colwell

May 31, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Barton posted a pic of transvestite- heres a pic I took earlier of Savage.

• Toon1978

May 31, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Justin Sparks
    @sportagent007
    Independent Sports Agent

Recons Gervinho is off to Arsenal. Wouldn’t surprise me to be honest.

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Does everyone recall Barton is a Everton fan….born and raised?

• t00ntime

May 31, 2011 at 8:27 PM

i asked cwarr and some dude from the sunday newspaper or something bout barnetta and according to the newspaper dude newcastle don’t want him as they belive he is not ready to take the step up to the level of skill were looking for …

😛

• rulezzz

May 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Rumours has it that #nufc have accepted a 2.5 or 4.5m bid for @Joey7Barton. Player is now discussing personal terms. <- oh no!

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM

i hate cockneys they do my head

• belfastgeordie87

May 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM

as far as i know barton and his family are all evertonians,and lads krul is a far better keeper than foster,seena lot of foster this season and cant see what all the fuss is about.

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 8:29 PM

if he goes more money to sign players

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 8:29 PM

i would be gutted tho

• Toon1978

May 31, 2011 at 8:30 PM

toonruz

That cockney is as adament as you lol.

• Andy

May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Well i’m about to find out how credible 2 of my sources are. One reckons 4.5m one reckons 2.5m I don’t even know if a deal has been done between clubs. May be clicking unfollow pretty soon

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I say again lads Sir Barton is from the BLUE side of town he mostlikely hates the reds so I doubt it would happen….also he would already be on twitter telling us all not arguing with Savage

• NUFC STEVE

May 31, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Thing bout Barton is he’s not gonna get 60k a week at anywhere but Tyneside!!!!
    Think we will get zog if this is true!!

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Andy nufcinsideinfo one of them?

• belfastgeordie87

May 31, 2011 at 8:35 PM

king kenny is a prick,remember all the scousers when he came back,wait till you see torres under king kenny he will be banging them in left rite and centre torres loves kenny,two weeks later he put in a transfer request and was away, hahaha. our fans are brillant because we can all sing youll never walk alone at the same time hahaha idiots!!

• Andy