web analytics

Tim Krul Looks To Bigger And Better Things At Newcastle

Tim Krul has hos most productive season ever at Newcastle,  and made his breakthrough into the first team, appearing 25 times between the sticks for Newcastle last season.

Tim Krul – good season for Newcastle

Graeme Souness brought Tim to the club back in the summer of 2005, when Tim was just 17 years old, and he now talks with a unique Dutch Geordie accent, and appears to be completely and totally committed to the Newcatsle cause, and is a big favorite with the fans.

Tim was born in The Hague in Holland, and played very well last season and had some very good games, but like very goalkeeper in the world he also made one or two mistakes.

But Krul is still improving, and he could well become a top International goalkeeper as well as the Newcastle number one for years to come.

The Dutch lad only turned 23 last month, and has received a well deserved call-up to the full Dutch squad, and we expect him to make his debut in the Dutch side during the next week or so.

Krul talked about his exciting season to the Newcastle main web-site today:

“It was a good season for the team and for me,” “We finished 12th, which we would have taken that at the start of the season.””When you are so close to a top ten finish then it is a little disappointing but in reality we should all be delighted with what we have achieved.”

“I loved this season and I cannot wait for next season to come already. I’ve had a great season this year – I played 25 games in total and am more than that. I just hope I can keep hold of the number one spot now.”

“It’s been more games than I expected, so I’m really happy with that, and I’ve proved that I’m more than capable of playing in the Premier League. Hopefully the manager chooses me again in the summer and I can fight for that.”

“I am going away on international duty, which will help me develop even more as a player, and then I just want to work hard over the summer to be fit for pre-season. Hopefully it will be another year to remember for me and for Newcastle.”

Tim Krul so far has 34 appearances for the Newcatsle first team, and will fight it out for the number one goalkeeper position in pre-season with veteran Steve Harper, and returning Hexham-born Fraser Forster, who had a successful loan spell at Glasgow Celtic.

It;s anybody’s guess who will be number one, and when we announce the winner of the Player of the Season award tomorrow, w;ell put up another poll asking readers who they think will be number one next season.

• visarcy101

May 31, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Not to sure about Krul, yeah he’s got potential but i don’t feel comfortable when I see him between the sticks and Harper is (unfortunately) old and hasn’t shined since Given left. Two goalkeepers I will trust for us and are affordable are Vincent Enyeama (Nigeria International) and our very own Fraser Forster (he has to prove himself first eh)

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Toon1978
    haha it really does its very funny

I am officially done with twitter for the night becuase I cant be bothered with it.

I must say though for twitter being worldwide NUFC gets its laundry out on it more than anyone…every night its a new rumour for us

• 09nufc09

May 31, 2011 at 9:05 PM

gervinho had 2 options us and everton. this has been reported in fran on the radio and lequipe in the last few days, apparently gervinho chose us on sunday. gervinho has said himself in a press conf that he has made his decision and its for personal reasons. news today was that his decision (to move to us) is going to be made public this week, before the transer window opens 6th june (next mon) for tranfers from abroad.

• if we sign gameiro al be fuming, he duznt wana come here so look for sum1 else a think newcastle wil get
    konchesky/warnok/mbengue
    hoilet mayb
    a few carr signings
    ba
    long
    wudnt be xtatic but itd be a good step and would cost 20-30 mil depending on carr signings prices

• NI Toon

May 31, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Exactly my point JackButler …..

We have got to take any news from ”sources” with a pitch of salt and just enjoy the ‘silly season’ if we possibly can.
    Hope it comes off but try not to get over exited until it is confirmed!

• woodsee

May 31, 2011 at 9:06 PM

If half of you lot saw we had signed the Robledo brothers on twitter youd believe it

• Andy

May 31, 2011 at 9:06 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TRANSFERS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

• ilovetoon8788

May 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM

09nufc09

you can keep hoping and dreaming. but gervinho will be wearing red next season. not black and white.

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Right I reckon tomorrows rumour is Collo agreed fee to…..Arsenal any takers on this punt?

• JackButler

May 31, 2011 at 9:09 PM

you have to read this, best news i’ve had as an NUFC fan

• NewcastleMole

May 31, 2011 at 9:11 PM

whats this shite about being after Beratov. Can u imagine Ameobi & Berbatov up front next year?

• 09nufc09

May 31, 2011 at 9:13 PM

l’equipe is a very reliable source, they have been accurate on both ben arfa and cabaye. this week they reported that gervinho agents have already met newcastle officials (fee would have to be agreed for this to happen) and gervinho himself is due to meet newcastle officials this week. the news today that his choice of club is due to be made public this week backs this up.

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Damn you Jack youve made me go back on this daft rumour mill site

• DarloGeordie

May 31, 2011 at 9:14 PM

seriously lads twitter is gash,

1, 2, breath, 1, 2, breath….

Patience please ur all premature… pump pump squirt.

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Gervinho will still sign u lot will see he made his mind up on sunday and wont be changeing it

• JackButler

May 31, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Its my profile page
    just proving the fact any idiot can post anything they want on there………………………………………………..shit, did i just call myself an idiot????????????

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 9:17 PM

toonruz that mankini is waiting for ya if this doesnt come off

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Oh thats you Jack you cheeky boy I was close to questioning you haha your getting followed now

• JackButler

May 31, 2011 at 9:18 PM

i’m off to work guys, lets hope there some clarity tomorow
    night all

• toonruz, your m8 myt hav bin told lies or sumit thats bin guessed truth is nly gervinho knows for certain but weve all set owa selves up for a HUGE fall lol

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Have a good un Jack

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 9:21 PM

this is the same as ben arfa british press dont like us getting good players so they r trying to get the gunners to make a bid

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 9:23 PM

toonruz are you not going to accept the forfeit? 🙂

• ilovetoon8788

May 31, 2011 at 9:24 PM

haha. whatever the case, let us all be united and prepare for a great fall. hope its not like the humpty dumpty story. hoilett is fine too. lol.

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 9:26 PM

not in a million years

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 9:27 PM

hahaha not that confident then are ya fella?

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 9:28 PM

for the first time in years i am enjoying a tranfer window and them cockney basteds are not going to f**ck this year up

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 9:31 PM

WWJBD
    yes i am confident

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 9:33 PM

In all fairness if you were that confident you would agree to the forfeit

• ilovetoon8788

May 31, 2011 at 9:39 PM

toonruz. what happen to fur10ng twitter? its gone?

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 9:43 PM

what do u me its gone

• ilovetoon8788

May 31, 2011 at 9:47 PM

says page not found

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 9:50 PM

i think he blocked u whats your name i check

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 9:51 PM

he still there mate i am on there now this deal will go through if it does not i wont come on here again thats how confident i am

• toonruz

May 31, 2011 at 9:52 PM

but i will come on and say i am wrong and that will be it

• WWJBD

May 31, 2011 at 10:02 PM

ooooh no keep coming on I will want to tear you apart then forget about it haha your the only one thus far that I can hold accountable for your rumours….people on twitter will block me

I dont have anything against you in any way mate I just think there should be some accounatability imposed on these rumours

• IndoInvest

Jun 1, 2011 at 12:53 AM

the reason kenny wants to buy joey and enrique was to supply AC with crosses. i think kenny wants to copy our style of play of using crosses for AC’s height, and whenever needed for speed, to swith with suarez and kuyt.

• IndoInvest

Jun 1, 2011 at 1:03 AM

remember the time cheick cheekily said that Man U is not a big club? and he mentioned that we are a big club? many people thought that all people’d wanna go to top 4 to be successful, but for people who came from abroad as far as africa, they take their personal life into balance too,thats what cheick said he liked abt newcastle, the city is not a crowded as london, and maybe that can be the pulling factor for gervinho. he can teach nile ranger a thing or two on decision makings too on the pitch.