web analytics

Newcastle Midfielder Sent Out On Loan To Leyton Orient

Kazenga LuaLua was sent out on loan earlier this summer, to Brighton until January, and now another Newcastle youngster has been sent out on loan to get some first team games.

Michael Richardson – sent on a month’s loan to Leyton Orient

News this afternoon that Leyton Orient have completed the signing of Newcastle United midfielder Michael Richardson on a one-month loan deal.

The 19-year-old was signed on by Newcastle only a year ago from local club Walker Central, and the youngster had a very good first season on Tyneside,  and impressed in the Newcastle Reserve side.

Michael was on the bench a few times towards the end of last season, although he has yet to appear for Newcastle in a competitive senior game, but he is highly thought of at the club.

Alan Pardew is keen to loan out the youngsters so they can get first team games, that can aid their development, and there will be a lot more of the Newcastle youngsters who will be sent out on loan before September rolls around.

• JackButler

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:02 AM

the thing with Messi is he is an amazing player, playing with other amazing players, when Argentina won the world cup they were average but the class of Maradona took them all the way, he made the difference on his own

• MacToon

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:02 AM

TDS, “Atleast, if true, it’s confirmation that we really have no idea who the clubs targets are.”

but it’s been a rumour the last couple of days 😉 and still a rumour now. Can’t believe it’s a Carr recommend but maybe it is, I’ve watched him play and never been that convinced by him but willing to give him a more than fair chance.

Why all the French players though? lol I know they can be skillful and certainly cheaper than English players but is that all we’ve looked at since January and rated highly?

• WWJBD

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:02 AM

TDS haha I aim to please 🙂 Night mate

• Dannyo

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Maldini & baresi, man what players they were. And have people forgotten Romario?

• ochytoon

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:04 AM

GG
    Went really well I thought, for a first time driving a car I thought not stalling was quite an achievement thanks for asking.

Andy
    The best players in the world generally are selfish. Its tough because I think Ronaldo performs better continentally but Messi is better in La liga

• rozehnal

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Tonytoon
    Seve defo a great and better than Nicklaus and yet only won 5majors I fink. What a good golfer tho some wicked golf shots

• MacToon

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:04 AM

I wouldn’t put Zidane or Ronaldo along side Best, Pele and Maradona. Messi has a good chance to join those 3 imo but not quite yet.

• If you have to go back, back, back in time. Then my favourite still has to be M. MacDonald. Can’t stand the bloke now.

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Andy

Don’t you think the fact that Messi is p!ss poor for Argentina shows him up a bit?

At Barca he has the entire team built around him. I don’t think he’d shine as much under different circumstances.

Ronaldo I think would shine in any team in the world.

• WWJBD

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Andy sorry like I disagree Ronaldo dances around teams like they are from a kids school

Against Barca he often seems to be the only one going for the win.

I dont think there is much between the two of them exept Ronaldos attitude and selfishness. If Ronaldo was likeable then he would be held in as higher regard as Messi

• MacToon

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Ai Supermac n Tudor…….

• Baro

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:11 AM

I’m very very excited about Gabby Obertan joining us! A real talent and one hell of a creative player! He can beat opposition with his terrorizing skill! I have seen him play b4 not judging by youtube. Very very fast and very skillful. We will really need him this year! 3 million is a 100% bargain deal. Great deal!

• ochytoon

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:11 AM

TDS
    You still watch Southampton play?

• JackButler

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:12 AM

How much did Man U pay for Obertan?

• Hallelujah! John Tudor, John Tudor!

• Dannyo

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:15 AM

@ JB
    About £3 mill i think, two years ago

• WWJBD

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Right I am off to sleep have a good un lads

Hope to wake up to more reliable sources saying Obertan is ours 😀 and he is bringing Fabio with him 😉

• Andy

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Ronaldo isn’t a big game player for me. Countless times I’ve watched him for man u in the pocket of ashley Cole and always quiet v barca. It’s a great debate tbf and next time I’m on I’ll take it up with you again haha but I’m off for the night tra lads

• elpaso_geordie

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:16 AM

gutted if we get that useless man u reject

all the peopl that slag off Jonas end product aint seen nothing yet with this guy

Panic Buy…………………..

• JackButler

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Take care WWJBD

As long as this guy is not our No1 next season I’ll be happy

• Jack, Manchester United have completed the signing of French under-21 international Gabriel Obertan from Bordeaux for a fee believed to be in the region of £3 million.

• ochytoon

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I’m gonna go play fifa night

• JackButler

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM

elpaso_geordie

signing a player two weeks before the window closes is not exactly a ‘Panic Buy’

• JackButler

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:19 AM

GG

3mil is a good deal for us as the lad has a point to prove

• Dannyo

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:23 AM

2 weeks? Make it 3-4.
    He’s a squad player first, adds to much needed depth on the right wing. Which i think is Guttis place from this season and on.

• Ai Jack, and he’ll be happy to be joining the “North Easts Arsenal.”

• gonz

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:24 AM

I’m happy with Obertan as a back up/impact substitute player. But, my only concern is that we still haven’t sorted the two positions that we need filling the most….ST & LB! Mind you, I still believe we will eventually get Erdinc and that Enrique will be here until the January transfer window.

• JackButler

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Right I’m off lads, take care

• Baro

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:26 AM

one hell of a deal for B’Burn
    i know its just greek league but he is a very good winger/ center attacking mid

• Ditto Jack.

• I meant. Ditto Jack. Night lads.

• Adssy Mccc

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:28 AM

I’m not sure that this is not just another deadend rumor, but if it does turn out to be true (about Obertan that is), then I reckon we could be the perfect club to bring the best out in him. All the other French players would help him settle quickly! Whether his best is good enough remains to be seen though…

Eitherway, it is always good to have more flair players in the squad. They can be the difference in tight games – even from the bench!

HWTL

• Baro

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:29 AM

We really need a fast speedy small striker like craig bellamy/ obafemi…. Then a center back and one versatile defender like vasilios torosidis who has a 6.3 million buyout clause, and is an outstanding defender great at attacking.

• TemuriKetsbaia

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:37 AM

We’re being linked to Barcelona’s Kerrison now, also for 3m.

Like Obertan was very highly rated a couple of years ago.

Makes you wonder where Reading plucked the £7m figure from for Long.

• mikeashleyisamackem