web analytics

Ben Arfa’s Goal For The Fans – Davide Santon Returns At Liverpool

It’s obvious that Ben Arfa was simply delighted with his sub appearance yesterday at the Reebok Stadium.

Ben Arfa – getting towards being fully fit

The Frenchman came on after 61 minutes and changed the game for Newcastle, and he got the very important first goal on 69 minutes with an exhibition of  his great skill.

Ben Arfa hit the ball home first time into the back of the net with his left foot,  from Ryan Taylor’s almost perfect left wing cross, after Ryan had been put through down the left by Yohan Cabaye.

Ben Arfa has said today he’s now coming into full fitness and he will show the Newcastle fans a lot more as he gets more playing time – we believe him:

“I want to make something clear,”  “I’m nearly 100 per cent fit and if I play, I will show more to the fans and more to the club.”

“I heard the fans singing my name before I came on. It feels really good. The news I can give them is that I’m now close to being 100 per cent fit.”

“The game was very nice for me and I’m so happy to see us pick up three important points. Everything the team did at Bolton was brilliant.”

“I was very happy to see the ball hit the back of the net,” “The main thing for me was to see the fans reacting behind the goal.”

“That was the most pleasing thing for me – it was a goal for not just me, but for them also. It was really comforting to see the fans applauding me.”

And there was more good news today that the knee injury of  youngster Davide Santon  is not serious, and a scan had revealed there is no damage to the knee.

Davide Santon – back for Liverpool

So Davide will be available to come back in at left back against Liverpool at Anfield on Friday night, as the Italian slowly gets acclimatized to the English way of playing the game.

This is what manager Alan Pardew said about the 20 year-old Italian International today:

“Santon’s knee wasn’t as bad we as thought,” Pardew told the Gazette. “I left him out against Bolton, but I think he’ll be back for Liverpool.”

Those words suggests that Davide could start the game at Liverpool,  after  two and a half games for Newcastle, in which he impressed at left back for the Magpies and looked an excellent player in the amking.

We also expect Ben Arfa to start on Friday night in place of Leon Best, although Leon worked his socks off for the Newcastle cause yesterday for an hour.

It was a great win for Newcastle and hopefully we can build on that at Anfield.

Comments welcome.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:57 PM

jonas has always got to play every time when his fit imo he grafts his arse off up and down that wing santon has play with him as he takes alot of pressure off him!

krul
    simmo willo colo santon
    tiote
    ober cabs HBA jonas
    BA

• GeordieGerman

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Best works his socks off and by the time he’s got his pants off he is covered in sweat.

• GeordieGerman

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:11 AM

But seriously. I think Best will step up to the plate when he isn’t playing second fiddle. Just like he did when Carroll went.

• Brutooon

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:27 AM

1) will AP stick the same lineups? meaning HBA and Santon will be at the bench ?

2) Obertan going to play against Jose Enrique. Its going to be a real test for him

3) Raylor will be against Steward Downing. Despite Downing no assist or no goals, he will be a treat all night. I prefer Santon to play at Left Back

• magpiebop

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:24 AM

4-1-3-1-1 Vs Liverpool
    Krul.
    Simpson,Williamson,Collocini,RTaylor.
    Tiote.
    Obertan,Cabaye,Guttierez.
    Ben Arfa.
    Ba.

Subs- Elliot, Santon, Ferguson, Abeid, Vuckic, SAMeobi, Ameobi.

• beddersmag

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Some people on here seem to think in black or white with best but truth is he can work hard, as he did earlier in the season, but can also seem a touch lazy eg v bolton. Also think he takes a few games to get his match sharpness going. Cant understand people who say hes ALWAYS been lazy because at times hes grafted more than any lazy striker wev had since shearer and generally will at least contest goal kicks, corners tc when noone else does in a really commited way- including ba. Granted he hasnt done it since he came back in but i do hope we stick with him for jan. Let him soften the defenders up for and hour and bring on hba v their tired legs. Then they can play together in jan when hba fully fit and ba away

• RonVanDam

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:56 AM

My line-up against L’pool would be:

———————–Krul———————-

I do wonder sometimes….

• RonVanDam

Dec 28, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Sh*t i ment Best instead of Sammy in Subs

• terencelim

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:24 AM

Santon won’t return. When was the last time a lad actually returns when the news/AP said so?

Our medical team sucks get the whole team fired and get a new one who can give serious cure and treatment to all our players and stop avoiding responsibilities and taking ages to cure each one of them.

• redondo77

Dec 28, 2011 at 4:46 AM

Best is better when he played alone without striking partner. Better leave Best on the bench until Ba is leaving. As for LB, Santon will play, I’d rather play Raylor on RB.

• kevymartins

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:16 AM

Best does work his socks off or maby its because hes irish haha nah but seriozly i seen him warm up 1 time he was hitting shots an every1 off about 15-20 shots curled inch perfect inside the post an since that i have rated him cuz i know once he gets space in that area he will finish it..just hasnt had the luxery of time and space on the pitch yet but it will come

• redondo77

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:12 AM

I have a feeling that we will lose Tiote and Ba next season, Tiote to Milan, Ba to Juve.
    They need them, they got cash, Juve don’t have good strikers, Milan DM simply too old and retiring soon.
    Hope I’m wrong.

• Klatoon

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:26 AM

I think the one incident that epitomised Best this season,failing to sort his feet out after a poor bolton clearance (of an Ober cross) fell to him INSIDE the box,then promptly passing to the clearly offside Ober just retreating from the byline. I however feel he’ll step up big time when Ba goes to the AFCON.

• redondo77

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:30 AM

@Klatoon
    Yup agree with you.
    He is just feeling down at the moment, he needs a break. He’s playin under Ba’s shadow right now. No matter how hard he tried, the one who always scores is Ba. That’s really damaging to his confident.

• jimmytoon

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM

GeordieToon89 fair comment only time will tell. can i just say shola and sammy need to be on a slow boat to china!