web analytics

Video Of Pardew – Newcastle Will Not Bring In New Striker

Here is the video of Alan Pardew talking today about Newcastle United not being in the market for a striker next month.

• kingkev9

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Of course I don’t care about football or NUFC, your right, you know me so well, I just enjoy throwing £500 a year away for a season ticket and throwing £100 away every other week for away games.

There are some retards on this blog. When I sit in pubs, the gym, at work, at the match, I don’t hear anyone talking like some people do on here.

I want to see NUFC do well and have a team that gives 100%, which they do. It’s just a shame that we have an owner who enjoys making money more than making NUFC successful and who is determined to ruin the heritage of NUFC to advertise his own company

• kingkev9

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:46 PM

I didn’t realise that if you don’t support the regime it means you don’t care about football!?!?

• angelswithdirtyfaces

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:49 PM

KK9

Keep taking the tablets

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:50 PM

*facepalm*

I can see this is going to be a long night.

My point isn’t that you don’t care about the football, my point is you care more about the regime than the football. I don’t like the board either but “we won’t bring in another striker because we have plenty of back up” should not be reason enough to attack everybody who dare see the method to their madness.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Thump,
    I like your diplomacy but I think its a little unfair to suggest that anybody who is anti Ashley doesnt care about the club,I myself am vehenemently anti Ashley and everything the man stands for ,but to say that I dont care about the club because of that is way off the mark.

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Oh and in response to this:

Come and have a drink with me, solano, MacToon and goalsbringsmiles. We all talk the same way in person as we do on here.

Oh and A+ on the vitriol.

• GeordieGerman

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:53 PM

kingkev9, do you read or just make the words up?

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM

@Jail: Read the post above mate. I wasn’t saying they don’t care about the football, I was saying that people care more about the regime than the football – and I challenge anybody to prove me wrong (please spare me the rhetoric).

• JackButler

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Can’t we all just get along 😉

• GeordieGerman

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:58 PM

JackButler, Nope.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Thump,
    If the master plan all along was to have enough back up during the ACON in place already,then why was Llambias spouting not so long ago that another striker would be brought in,in January,I think it was because the Maiga deal was done and ready until getting another centre back became more than an added expense but a neccessity.

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Oh, and for what it’s worth – the fact that some of you happily throw around words like “pro” and “anti-Ashley” can certainly be taken as evidence of that divide.

EG: kingkev9 // Dec 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM 73
    [..] Also how come you never get a serious response from pro Ashley brigade?

We’re fans of a football club, not businessmen. All we can do is speculate on the business side of the club and I guarantee most of our speculation is so wide of the mark it’s not even funny. Blind hatred is fine as long as you don’t attack other supporters and label them simply for sharing a different view – and that is exactly what is happening.

• kingkev9

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:01 PM

GG I learnt to ignore your sh1te a long time ago bonny lad.

Thump- you quite clearly said ‘Dont care about football’.

I am not at all surprised that we won’t be signing a forward, I never thought we would. I just find it so funny that people think Ashley is doing things right, I cannot and will never get my head around their thoughts.

You get people on here saying we should buy this and that striker for £20m, are you serious? We are a selling club.

No matter what you so called super fans say I will always support NUFC, I went when we got 15000 and would still go now if we were struggling in league two. The truth is that many on here wouldn’t go despite saying they would.

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:02 PM

@Jail: Maiga would have been away at the ACoN so that point is pretty much moot, although I do agree with you that Saylor’s injury affected their decision. On the same note, it would be easier for all involved just to say “sorry lads, we need the money to spend elsewhere” rather than fabricating a story that he failed a medical. Don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely a suspicious decision but I think there’s probably more at play than that – maybe the answer really is as mundane as “he failed a medical”. From what I remember it was only his agent who said that Maiga was in the form of his life (can anybody verify that?)

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:03 PM

KK9
    I dont get the calling people retards and idiots,leave that type of thing to raving lunatics like bills-son and his tag nuts,Rotunda and Ruddy Marvux

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Thump- you quite clearly said ‘Dont care about football’.

Stopped reading there.

Tell me where and when I said it. I agree I perhaps implied it (given that I’m talking about an article I wrote on a different site months ago), but I certainly didn’t say that. In fact, you can read my corrective post (which implied more) and compare it to my original post and realise that it was an error of wording and get a good idea of what I was actually saying.

Your move.

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:04 PM

You forgot Indian, Jail 😉

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Against my better judgement…

I wrote an article about this too. I can probably dig it up if I cared to go back onto .org but the gist of it is this: no we aren’t.

Who have we sold of any worth since our promotion? (Note: I specify ‘since our promotion’ due to the sales we had to make in the Championship in order to balance the books and lower the wage bill.)

Andy Carroll? £35m for a lad who can only play with long balls and a crosser who can plant the ball right on his noggin.

Kevin Nolan? An ageing player who would lose a sprint to Geremi who demanded a 5 year contract from the club and is now being slagged by fans at West Ham.

Jose Enrique? A player who wanted an exit. This is the lad who said he wanted to stay and finish his career at Newcastle and then a few months down the line decided it wasn’t his club, refused to sign a contract and was sold.

Joey Barton? The biggest proof of us not being a selling club – we gave him away for nowt. Yes it was because he was publicly insulting the board but if we did that in our mundane jobs, we’d be sacked – not handed off to a rival company.

The only player who would have had a guaranteed place in our starting XI would be Enrique – the rest would be warming the bench. Let’s be honest man…

• angelswithdirtyfaces

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM

there are some very strange conspiracy theories on here about why Maiga isn’t coming through the door, and without getting overly analytical maybe the cockup theory has more going for it – this lot have a proven record in cockups

Thump

I respect the way you’re being diplomatic but I’m not sure its working

• JackButler

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Can I just say on this ‘We’re a selling club’

We sold Nolan, a 30 year old who wanted a 5 year contract who had to drop down a league to get what he wanted (did anyone really want a Alan Smith mark 2?).
    Barton, a man who couldn’t keep his mouth shut and is now not exactly tearing it up with the mighty QPR, and a lets not forget that 99.9% of people wanted him out after his jail term and various other off the field issues that he brought to the club during his time
    Jose, who was never going to sign his new contract, so what other option did the club have other than selling him.
    And then there’s Carrol, who at 35mil was always going. You offer Sir Alex 35mil for Welbeck and see how quickly he help’s the lad back his bag’s.

If you offer any other club way over and above the worth of a player and he’ll be sold

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Thump,@93
    Totally with you on that one,I’m really not bothered about a striker anymore as I knew if we got one a defender wouldnt be brought in and after the Norwich fiasco,thats priority for me,even though were seriously short on goal scoring options with out Ba and a goal scoring midfielder like Nolan not in the team,just cant understand imo the lies and deceit,if they just told us the truth about whats happening it would be easier to take.

• JackButler

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Beat me to it Thump

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM

@angels: Probably isn’t working mate, but if I can stimulate discussion than that’s good enough for me!

Agreed Jail, it’s going to be a tough slog given that Ba is literally carrying the team right now but on the same note we do have a lot of goal scoring potential in the squad, just a shame none of them seem to be living up to it (Ben Arfa and Vuckic get a bye for obvious reasons!). I actually had a dream last night that Obertan scored two stunners against Liverpool. I woke up thinking “F’ me! People will think twice before slagging him off!” but then I realised that Obertan could only have scored those belters in a dream. Terrible night 🙁

@JB: You wish you could type as fast as me ;D

• kingkev9

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Thump- post 78.

As for players we have sold, Jose is the best left back in the league, if the club had ambitions he would have stayed, what ambitious player would want to stay here going into their peak? Not if you want to win things and play for your country.

Carroll was excellent for us and those who slag him off have short memories. Saying he wouldnt get a game for us is redicilous.

Barton is head and shoulders better than Obertan.

Nolan didn’t want a 5 year deal it’s a myth, he was offered and agreed terms on a 4 year deal with the 4th being a player/coaching role. This was withdrawn and he was offered a one year extension depending on team performance. Plus he is 29 and 28 in the simmer when he left not 30. I agree that Nolan wouldn’t be a regular but he would be a great squad member, he’s a goal scorer and better than Shola, Lovenkrands etc

We’ll see if we are a selling club in January when Tiote and/or Colo leaves. But of course when they do it’ll be their greed not because of Ashley or the clubs lack of ambition

• achtoon

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM

There is some f ing really moronic comments on here. Especially from king kev. We are 7th in the league. 4 points off 4 th place. We have only been in this good of position a handful of times in ober 30 years and people are slagging how we are managed. The real king kev quit the first time because he said the owners lied to him. He gave 3 different versions so at least 2 of them were lies. I can honestly say this is the happiest ive been as a toon fan. Apart maybe from my best ever day in barcelona

• Marty-Toon

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM

What do we really expect?
    We should be used to these transfer windows by now.
    January is the Sales and the summer is to buy in new stock.
    Just like his .com

• GeordieGerman

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM

kingkev9, seeing that you reacted to my “sh1te” you didn’t learn to ignore very well then did you?

• angelswithdirtyfaces

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:31 PM

JfA

I’m still bothered about a striker because our options are really poor if we get any major injuries here. If resources are tight, then my preference goes to strengthening defence .
    I think the midfield will start scoring but not from nod downs e.g. Nolan. Hba can play the killer pass into space as long as Vuckic, Cabaye etc., are making the runs

• angelswithdirtyfaces

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:33 PM

KK9m@103

You seriously overstate your case.

• kingkev9

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:38 PM

No, I stated the truth.

Achtoon- going back to an earlier post? How did our previous owner sell our best players? Also, I am more than happy with the team, I think AP had done a great job and i have only came away from the WBA game thinking we were really poor. However in order to be successful and cease the opportunity of European football investment is needed in a very thin squad but MA won’t do that

• achtoon

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Kingkev. Which of our best players did our previous owners not sell. Firstly the sale of andy cole probably lost us the league title. We then went on to sell every other decent player we had. Lee, peacock, albert, ginola, ferdinand, robert, asprilla, speed, bellamy. The only good player we didnt sell was shearer. But as I said earlier his introduction inton the team mid season was a disaster. Selling our best players, at their prime, is normal for us. We just do it less now.

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Oh dear. Alright, let’s do this.

He certainly is ambitious, yes. I think you’re treading a fine line here though. There’s a difference between “not ambitious” and “accepting silly offers for a player in the form of his life” and when Carroll was sold, that’s when the “ambition” argument came forward. Look it up if you like.

Selling Carroll didn’t show a lack of ambition, it showed we were willing to up the price of a player that is absolutely unjustifiable – and the daft shites paid it.

Barton is head and shoulders better than Obertan.

Did you notice how once we sold Carroll, Barton didn’t do too much (outside of getting Gervinho sent off this season)? Flattering to deceive. Carroll is an excellent header of the ball and Barton is an excellent crosser of the ball – remember when we sold Carroll we made jokes and said how they had forgot to buy Barton too? It’s true. The problem is we built our team around Carroll and we made him look amazing. Dalglish isn’t doing that and Carroll is left on the bench most of the time. Barton made Carroll look good and vice verse.

Barton had a better right foot on him than Obertan, but that’s about it. Barton relied on passes to him in the final third to get the ball into the box and onto Carroll’s head – watch the games with them if you don’t believe me.

Fun fact: when I was writing for Clean Sheets All Round, Andy Carroll was #1 in our ‘form of their lives’ column. Go figure.

Nolan is a goal scorer and better than Shola and Lovenkrands? So how come he stopped scoring when Carroll was sold? Was he sad that his best friend (whose car was torched outside Nolan’s home) had left? No, he’s a professional footballer – he didn’t have a giant knocking the balls to his general area to knock them in.

If it’s a myth, I’d like to see what evidence you have. All I remember is them offering him an extension after he saw his current contract out, which is fair game to me. You have a contract, you should see it to the end.

A selling club is a club who needs to sell to survive. According to you, every single club in the world is a selling club – a club accepting good money for a player is not a selling club and it does not denote a lack of ambition.

Seriously, I’m a freelance sports journalist – I do this for both fun and money. Your arguments hold as much water as a broken sieve.

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:50 PM

That’s a good point actually, achtoon – weren’t their cries of “SELLING CLUB!!!” when Cole was sold?

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Angels
    Actually I’m really bothered about a striker I was just tying to convince myself I wasn’t,I would great if a few quid was to be spent and a ST,LB and CB could be brought in.Or even just a left back that can play as CB.

• solano

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Achtoon…you history re-writer – we didn’t challenge for the title until the season after Cole was sold and we improved no end with Sir Les upfront!
    “F” for history, boy. Get back in to detention with the Ashley Apologists and the Holocaust Deniers!

• solano

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Thump…you should know better backing up these Ministry of Truth workers! 😉

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Righto lads, I’m off to kip. Have a good night all!

• solano

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Lets’ get ready for the backlash from Bills and Rotonda tomorrow when they have properly thought out their arguments on why it is good to have no ambition and get let out of their padded cells after being proven incorrect (again!)

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Ah solano!

We’ve both agreed on everything but Barton and Enrique in the past, have we not? Only problem is, it’s being invested everywhere but in the squad (not the club as the statement read – the squad).

Now sod you, you cantankerous bas*ard! I’m off to bed ;D

• kingkev9

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Have to reply to achtoon first of all, utter rubbish your last post. Shearer was not introduced into the team mid season.

When Cole was sold we were never going to win the league that year.

Lee, Peacock, Albert and Speed in their prime!? Don’t be silly, they were great servants but past their best.

Ginola and Asprilla were sold because Dalglish didn’t like them, Dalglish spent more than he made.

Again Souness sold Robert and Bellamy for personal reasons, Robert was never as good after us, clearly Bellamy was. But again Souness spent more than he sold.

These players were not sold to make money to keep club going, they were managers choices.

The only one who I agree with is Sir Les as FS said £6m for a 30 year old was too good to turn down. Ridiculous decision.