web analytics

Quotes From Williamson, Krul And Pardew On Newcastle Win

Mike Williamson insists that Newcastle can still qualify for the European Champions League next season, following our 2-0 victory over Liverpool yesterday.

Mike Williamson marking Andy Carroll yesterday

A second Papiss Cisse brace of goals  in successive games for Newcastle,  left us level on 53 points with Chelsea.

Newcastle are in sixth place in the Premier League, five points behind Arsenal in third place, and now a full 11 points ahead of Liverpool in 8th place.

Mike Williamson said  this of Sunday’s win:

“It’s massive, it keeps the momentum going and the dream alive of as high a finish as possible”

“If we keep playing like that and working hard then anything’s possible.”

Newcastle’s Dutch goalkeeper Tim Krul, who has conceded only one goal in the last three games,  paid some compliments to Williamson and James Perch in central defense, and James again played  great for the Magpies.

This is what Tim said:

“Williamson and Perchy were outstanding, they blocked everything – I didn’t have to make a proper save today.”

“Cisse is a fantastic striker, a proper goalscorer. He’s a typical number nine for Newcastle and I’m happy we signed a top-class player like him.”

The returning Andy Carroll’s miserable day – a very miserable day in truth,   started when he was booked for diving, as he tried to round goalkeeper Tim Krul in the penalty area.

And it ended with the former Newcastle number 9  being booked,  and then after 79 minutes he stormed off and down the tunnel ripping his Liverpool shirt off in the process, after being substituted.

This is what Tim Krul said about Carroll’s diving incident after 10 minutes:

“I never touched him,”“He dived. He was looking for a penalty which all strikers try and do, but the referee was in a good position and he made the right decision.”

And on the first half possible hand-ball by Danny Simpson,  which could have cost Newcastle a penalty and a sending off, this is what Newcastle manager Alan Pardew had to say about that one:

“It hit Simpson high on the shoulder, I’d be very surprised if the referee gives that – it’s not a hand sticking out, I thought it was fine.”

And was Papiss offside for that second goal?

Of course not – but it didn’t stop the TV commentators from trying to prove it was offside throughout the game, and this is what Alan Pardew had to say about the possible offside:

“That little touch, by that time the Liverpool player is level and he’s onside,” “It’s a rule none of us managers like but that’s how it is.”

And finally Alan tells us what they had to eat last Friday, as Pardew tries to put things on the menu for our players from the different parts of the world.

And it happened to be curried goat for Papiss Cisse, Cheick Tiote and Demba Ba, that all the players and coaches ate for Friday lunch.

This is what Alan said about that:

“We all had curried goat on Friday and delicious it was too. It was Africa Day and we enjoyed it. The curry helped!”

“It was Cisse’s best performance yet for us.”  “We have the new No.9 but I felt for Andy today,”  “He is a terrific lad and has had a tough year.”

“But from our side of the coin we have Cisse and long may his form continue. His hold-up play gave Carragher a tough day.”  “Two great goals, fantastic finishes and Cisse’s all-round performance was excellent.”

“If someone said we’d be in the Europa League after this season, I would snap their hands off.”   “We have won three out of three now, and with seven games to go,  we have Swansea away next. We are in good shape.”

“Hopefully we will get enough points to get into Europe.”

Papiss Cisse is fast making a name for himself with 7 goals in 7 appearances for the Magpies.   And  we put out an article this morning on his goal-scoring prowess at the other clubs he’s played for,  and he has 122 goals at the rate of about one goal every two games,  in his 247 appearances.

That’s about what Alan Shearer managed throughout his career at Southampton, Blackburn and Newcastle,  with an amazing 379 goals in 733 total appearances.

Papiss looks a real star to us.

Comments welcome.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Don’t you think WWJBD is just spending a bit more time at his studies instead of wasting his life posting on here.

• Dannyo

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Btw, we got Cisse for £8 mill… Official from Carr, what a steal… They originally wanted £15…

• Tsunki

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Geoff – yes I was just jangling you tinkling thing there. You are a bit of a biter though 🙂 The top and bottom of it is, everyone is free to have a raging argument but when you want to slip something in that borders on irrational because you can’t bear to back down on a previously off-the-mark post, be prepared for the full buckshot blast of irony, digs and general jeering that will coe with it. I’ve had a dig at Pardew, Obertan and Guthrie I think in the past, but if I’ve been well off, and it gets pointed out, I will eat a large slice of that pie even without custard. It’s not hard, we don’t know where you live and you won’t get your house bog-rolled.

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:21 PM

JfA

He came on himself and said that he doesn’t post as regularly because he was sick of all the “Negative Posters” shall we use that term for the now disposed “neggar” phrase?

Geoff you seem to be making a habit of just saying what you think and not replying to people’s queries.

I’ll try again. In your opinion, how has Alan Pardew got it wrong this season? Given that with the 4-4-2 system being used all season we have got to 6th AND beat Manure with it, spanked them in fact.

• Tsunki

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Box office is now in the shop near the strawberry I think the proper one is shut for the minute. Bolton shouldn’t be a sell-out normally but I dunno with present form it just might of a Bank Hols afternoon.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM

According to the mail today we got him from Wolfsberg for 9M,Ace reporter.

• geoff777

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM

@GHOSD

Possibly because I come on for half an hour, say my bit, then go and do something else … I have a life.

• Vask

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Tsunki

Is that a category C game?

• Tsunki

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Plus additionally and also too – I was going to write a tirade on the subject of the very existence of this blog in particular, and how well-staffed and populated it is, but that’s for later, as I now have to drag my lardy butt round an all-weather footy pitch. sayonara, scrabble-dabblers! 🙂

• Dannyo

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:26 PM

@geoff777
    Oh dear me, so sorry, i dunno why i directed u at that post.
    I mean post #101.
    I hope the intelligence argument isn’t aimed at me, as i have no hand in the current shit throwing.
    Post #101 holds my reply on the “Pardew bashing”.

• geoff777

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I’m leaving now.

Going to watch the first episode of the new Game of Thrones series.

Plus the final episode of Lost Girl …

Apologies for not replying …

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Oh so you voice your opinion and refuse to listen to what people have to say about it?

You seem like an incredibly pleasant person.

As you said earlier

“there are room for different opinions….” just so happens that you will voice yours and not entertain others. Not as co-operative and engaging as you make yourself out to be are you?

• Tsunki

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Vask I think it is. So its a £20-25 ticket in the right places, if available.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Ruddy,
    Haven’t seen Boater for a long time now either I think the Shola bashing got to him.

• Vask

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Cheers Tsunk I think me lass has a couple of free tickets to a cat C game, it must be the last one of the season. Think i’ll have a look at ticket availability.

Have a good game, mate.

• Dannyo

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM

@Jail
    Lol, there are a few who are currently absent atm Jail, for various reasons.
    I miss allot of em. Sparks were flying at times, lol.

• geoff777

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM

“Dannyo

If you check the times at post #101 and my post at #131 where I say I have just watched the match again.

You’ll see why I didn’t reply … sorry.
    I watched a full replay and some of the interviews.

• Spuggy

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:33 PM

How about we remove the united from Newcastle?

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I can’t remember the last time boater posted either! He was a regular too.

At the start of the season the bashing was constant and interchangeable. First Obertan, then Simpson, then Perch, always Shola even until he scored against the Mackems the abuse he got was constant.

It just goes to show you that Negative Posters serve no purpose if their opinion is destructive. I can accept a negative opinion if it is a rationally thought out and reasoned argument, but if it is just criticism for criticism’s sake then it really grates on me.

We should make an urgent plea to get these people back! Although the way things are on this blog, if it is still negative even while we are doing amazingly I dread to think what it would be like if things went tits up…

• Dannyo

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:35 PM

@geoff777
    Aye, i have no qualms about wether or when u replied or not mate.
    I was simply saying that post #101 shows my view on the AP bashing. No one expects anyone to be on here all day. I’m certainly not, lol.
    Enjoy Game of Thrones 😉

• Dannyo

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM

@Spuggy
    And have Newcastle Sports Direct instead u mean? Lol.

• Spuggy

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Lol

• MagPieMan

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Does anyone know if this is Pieters real account? Because he has been tweeting aboute Newcastle. https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/_Erik_Pieters_

• wingspan

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM

yeah i wanna know if that Pieters thing is true too!! Seems keen on the the toon if it is real!!

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I reckon atm we are the envy of many a club in not only in the Prem but the whole footballing world,full houses well in week out a great team spirit with an incredible work ethic and most important for the people in charge were in a healthy financial position,also for the first time in years we seem to be getting a lot more media attention for our on field antics rather than off,I can’t let my personal dislike for Mashley and Derek dastsrdly cloud my judgement that the club is definitely moving lb the right direction.

• jimjim

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM

does anyone have a decent link for the manure game?

• Dannyo

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

The Pieters thing is true, yes.

• Yohan4

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

reading between the lines it seams everyone find Geoff and Rotonda’s opinions both insighful and accurte 🙂 not a dig guys 🙂

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Some really good posts on both sides of the watershed – the one between optimism valley and the other place. What did Indian call it – something hole ?
    Pity it degenerated into handbags at dawn.

I think the silver fox stands a very good chance of getting manager of the season. We stumbled after the Chelski game – but Saylor had been a rock for us, then Collo was out too and we lost forwards to ACON and guys went in and out of form. The real test of an outstanding manager is how he deals with the inevitable dips in team performance, form and confidence during a season. I was a bit concerned after the fiasco at Anfield despite some green shoots even in that game – but since then our form has almost matched Citeh and Manure, according to MOTD2, so we have pulled out of that poor patch.

The goat curry thing is a fantastic way of team building. I’ve consistently posted that AP was working towards a 4-3-3 so I’m feeling specially smug, but couldn’t have dreamed how well HBA is playing, and picking up counterattacks inside our own half, and how BA is playing to drag defenders out of position, and Cisse’s magic finish – these guys are still learning how to play together and will be stunning next season.

For those neggers who think Pardew’s got it wrong. Exactly who do you think could have done a better job for the Toon this season ?

• Dannyo

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Been reading some reactions from yesterdays game from the bindippers supporters. Also viewing some footages i didn’t see on telly.
    I’d say Dalglish has lost his dressing room.
    One more defeat and he’s toast.

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Sadly, I even have to admit the two geezers have got it right at last too.

• Dannyo

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Did Chicarito hurt his shin on Handleys bullocks? A few minutes back…

• achtoon

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Jail you may have to change your name to knighthood.

• toonking

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM

well from what i have read today guys how on earth can is it that i still see people being negative with pardew this season. look if you want to speak any negativity it should be aimed not at pardew, the players or our owner and chairmen but aimed at the likes of sky because jeff stelling is the only one who seems to be giving praise to newcastle rather than coming up with excuses for the wins. Just face it this i only the second season back in the premier league since promotion and very rarely do teams do as good in the second year after promotion as they did in the first year.

this season our aim was 10th or higher so to get 6th is an astonishing achievement next season i would say the aim should be focus on league position and just 1 of the cups and wait till 2015-16 before thinking of an aim to get champions league as that is the season where we could have a squad big enough to contain cover and starting 11 plus that is when there won’t be a ACON to disturb team structure.

• mindshaft

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Wouldn’t read to much into the Pieters comments – he’s a big mate of Kruls so obviously wants his team to win, wouldn’t mind him signing though 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Well,just looked at the fixture list and my new rotation and that’s my season over as far as getting to a game,makes it all the more sickening I left it too late to get tickets yesterday. 🙁 hmpphh.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Spuggy

if you have as you claim, let it go, why are you still bringing it up and feel the need to respond ad nauseum.

• kilcline

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Did you know? Newcastle have won 60% of Premier League games with Williamson playing this season, compared to 38% without him.

• geordiejamie89

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Can’t see Obertan getting much game time next season like, hopefully whatever midfielder we sign is comfortable on the right. Could do with two centre mids really. Two strikers, a LB and a CB, that’s without sales of first teamers.