web analytics

Tavernier Back From Loan – Perch Should Be Banned – Nonsense!

James Tavernier, who is well thought of at Newcastle,  has returned from his loan spell at MK Dons, and he goes straight into the squad for the Good Friday game at Swansea City.

James Tavernier – 20 year-old back from loan spell at MK Dons

James has gained a lot of experience over the last 14 months or so on loan at Gateshead (18), Carlisle  United (17), Sheffield Wednesday (8) and MK Dons (6) where he has played a total of 49 games.

And when he returned from Sheffield Wednesday in February, James was very impressive in training,  and manager Alan Pardew said he looked as good as current first choice right-back Danny Simpson.

It seems that Alan Pardew wants to have a look at the lad,  and see how good Tavernier is,  and we expect him to make some sub appearances over the last 7 games of the season.

And it could be that he could become the replacement for Danny Simpson next season, if the former Manchester United player refuses to sign his new deal before the summer, although we expect at least one new left-footed full-back to be drafted in the summer – probably Erik Pieters of PSV.

This is what James said on the Newcastle web-site today about his loan spell:

“It was very beneficial for me,” “It was another loan spell which allowed me to go out and play games, which is what I need, and I really enjoyed it.”

“A knee injury stopped me from playing a few games but I still enjoyed it and hopefully they can go on and get promotion.”  “I hope they get to Wembley in the play-offs and go up.”

“I’d have loved to have had the chance to play at Wembley so it’s disappointing in some ways that I won’t be able to now, but it’s great being called back.”

“And now I might be involved in the last few games of the season for Newcastle, which is exciting. Hopefully that can happen but we’ll wait and see.”

And there has been a lot of nonsense written about the Pepe Reina – James Perch incident on Sunday, and we see a number of Liverpool’s current and former players have chipped in.

Liverpool full-back Glen Johnson tweeted this a couple of day ago:

“What have I just seen? Is Perch for real?! Joke,”

Was it also a joke that Reina butted James Perch and totally lost his control – it’s not James’ fault that Reina now misses three games and the semi-final against Everton, and we noticed there was no appeal of the red card made by Liverpool.

And why do these footballers get involved with these things – they are not supposed to comment on the incidents in games.

And former Liverpool striker Stan Collymore had this to say today:

“Not many suggesting punishments for diving, so is it now with us for good? I say give Carroll/Perch three game bans. They won’t do it again.”

Do what again for Perch?

James was head-butted by the Liverpool goalkeeper – we suppose he wanted James sent off and Pepe slapped on the back for head-butting Perch.

As we said earlier, there’s  been some utter nonsense written since Sunday about that incident,  after Newcastle walloped Liverpool 2-0 and were the better side and are now 11 points clear of Liverpool.

We know Liverpool fans and Liverpool players are not in the best of spirits at the moment – the side has lost six of their last seven league games – but they should look at their own players and not the opposition for where the problem lies.

Liverpool’s revival has to start with their players  starting to step up to the plate,  which they haven’t done this year in the league,  having gained a paltry 8 points from their last 12 games, and 3 of those points were against a badly weakened Everton side.

And so as not to embarrass the Liverpool management, we are not even going to mention that Kenny Dalglish has spent close to £120M on new players in the last 15 months.

• tomtoon7

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM

expect 4pts from nxt2 games wil take6 before nxt wkend off,then bring on stoke&wigan.HWTL

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Cheick lol I think tomtoon actually meant to type:

Disregard Mr Collymore, he is ill-informed and of low morale fibre. Beattie I would suggest you retain your alias, it does not affect my high regard for your opinion, although I suspect we would not necessarily be acquaintances; perhaps because you may share the same questionable extracurricular pursuits as the aforementioned radio pundit.

Damn predictive text! 🙂

• tomtoon7

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Here here tsunki!

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM

@tsunki
    A far more articulate paragraph my chum. You have helped to no end in assisting me in my understanding of this so called “street language”.
    One actually thought tom toon may have been possessed and speaking in tongues.
    My thanks again tsunki. Top notch translating.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM

no really lads whose going cb?

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Cheick – One does try to be of service. 🙂

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Oh and er…. tally ho the toon

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Oh and er…. tally ho to the toon

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Bloody phone.
    Er…. Simpson and willo cb Jonas lb and Raylor rb

• BringBackTav

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Pardew has listened!

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Just had a thought – one of the first woodwork projects I had as a lad was to make a football rattle! They were all the rage once, apparently. Think for a moment – could you imagine doing a vuvuzela-type swamp of SJP last home game of season to celebrate our certain 4th and CL spot!!!!! No idea where you’d buy one though, that was the flaw in my plan. that and they look really lame. And they’d be really dangerous. That’s three flaws then. Oh and we might not get in the ground.

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM

@129 what have i missed?

• thornus84

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Does anyone have 2 Swansea tickets for sale or no where I can get any from?

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM

BringBackTav – how long you been in that cupboard lad ha ha?

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM

cheick @131 – his name?

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM

@tsunki yeah and we should all bring fireworks and invade the pitch too 😉

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM

@tsunki. Oh…….(shuts door on way out)

• Mste89

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM

All this about play acting and diving, no one else see suarez grabbing his face after jonas swung his arm, then he realised the ref was having none of it so he just stopped and ran off? Mid way through second half I think it was

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM

cheick nowhere did I say it was a GOOD idea, just a thought. A bad one apparently.The other one involved a horse and an effigy of Derek Llambias dressed as a Japanese admiral.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM

oh and Stan Collymore in a Berlingo with blacked out windows.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Ey Ey and what about the little racist clapping sarcastically every time a decision went against him? Surely a yellow for that?

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Tsunki i prefer that idea

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM

And a red card for his offensive little grin

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Did Adrian chiles say he’ll have a good old worry about his semi against Barcelona?

• tomtoon7

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

SAnton CB with Willo if needed,tried n failed with simpson their.Raylor LB.Tally ho<Chocks away lol

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:58 PM

TomToon -Huzzah!

Hopefully, Perchinho’s ‘knock’ is just that and he will actually start – it would be a shame if our momentum was abruptly halted and all or collective euphoria doused with freezing water by a crap defeat in sunny Wales, isn’t it? I don’t think my nerves pants or finger ends could stand another makeshift back line!

• tomtoon7

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM

lookin forward 2nxt 7games sooo much,wid momemtum & no more pesky injuries surely we can make europa qualification!! Don my hat 2 perch,e has finally come good in Toon shirt!!HWTL

• geordiejamie89

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Bloody Shola Ameobi will be starting at CB soon!

• tomtoon7

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM

That’ll please Indian magpie no end lol

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM

BTW as i’ts a slow news day in that curious hinterland twixt massive wins (ok no need to get carried away) I thought I’d use the power of alcohol to mention what I have been thinking regarding Ed’s Blog (no matter how many times I say that it still sounds medical).

I have to admire anyone who can persist in creating a lively atmosphere for largely pointless but consistently entertaining NUFC banter. Although, compared to many, I have not been posting for very long, I have come to appreciate this blog for being probably the choice of the three that currently champion the name of our club. This is because of the sheer volume of comments per post, the amount of articles, and the lack of egos in it’s populace. Even the fact that it is the blog of choice for invading mackems qualifies it as blog champion. What I suppose I am saying is hats off to ED, for his dedication even though he has apparently gone through some tough times ( my sympathy as someone minus a kidney due to the dreaded C) and very long may it continue.

I’ll be ok in a minute……..

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

geordiejamie89 – lol but then…… hang on what if…..

BTW I read your great rant on a previous post. Thought I’d tell you that because I am also a past master at releasing an epic must-read ( in my mind at least) and then noticing a new article has come up and everyone’s moved on…. 🙂

• Faddj

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM

if anyone gets a spare minute, please have a look at my blog, I was pitch side at the match on Sunday taking photos as part of the Wembley to Soweto project, cheers.

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM

ho ho edf energy advert making me laugh. I know it’s really random.

• geordiejamie89

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM

@Tsunki i love a good rant. Mostly facts and good opinion though, with a bit of turd every now and again.

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM

geordiejamie89 – never forget the turd part or everyone will agree with you! 🙂

• Marty-Toon

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Who came up with the news on Perchy being injured???

• nufc786

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Marty-Toon
    lee ryder

• Dannyo

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Likely lineup against Swans;

——————-Krul——————
    Simmo – Tavernier – Willo – Gutti
    ——Cabaye – Tiote – Vuckic——
    ———-Cisse – Ba – HBA———-

That’s my guess. Could also be a 4-5-1 to cover the defense a bit extra due to it’s frailties atm. Points are better than free flowing footy at this point. Atleast until Collo returns.

• Pardew's fist pump

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Hahahaha – is anyone watching ‘Sexism in Football?’ on Beeb 1? Gabby Logan’s anecdote about Sir Bobby? Why haven’t I heard that before!? Hilarious. 😆

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM